PDA

View Full Version : The best druid on P99 - Nibbz

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 02:54 PM
So if you have been grinding in CoM for the last few weeks, you most likely have come across a notable druid called "Nibbz".

Now before this gets out of hand and people vouch their love for Nibbz, you gotta understand that we all were noobs at the beginning of live and even playing a new class on p99. I feel bad for the guy and he has been getting some flack for really not playing his class well. Couple of people have stated that he will leave an XP group to port for plat and ask to come back or save his spot when he is the only healer.

Now if it was anyone else or purposely training other in CoM like yesterday's ***** (not gotta call you out, a petition made by 2 other players will sort you out bro), they would be despised across the board like our friendly lunatic in PoM. But this guy, I feel so bad seeing him LFG for hours and so oblivious that no one will invite him for a group.

Its great to see the community help new players out even if by 48 they don't understand the social aspects of how p99 works and thrives upon. But don't disbar someone and make him quit. Nibbz is currently grinding in CoM Eastern around 6pm and the poor fellow is being abused without any invites for groups.

Cmon forum, lest get this man off the streets and back into a wonderful xp group.

Oh he is also unguilded so...:D

fan D
10-10-2016, 03:31 PM
the blue server has a history of a toxic community full of players like this, be nice to little Nibbz

Jontheripper
10-10-2016, 03:33 PM
Sounds like nibbz needs a lumi staff and a CS fang.

Doing anything but quadding for xp post 40 as a druid is dumb.

fan D
10-10-2016, 03:35 PM
^ thats your opinion dummy, maybe he likes grouping more? if you want to go solo go play a singlep layer RPG

(Everquest is a MMO)

Sorn
10-10-2016, 03:42 PM

Bullshit! The only reason there aren't more druids grouping at later levels is because of douchey players like you telling them to stop grouping and go quad/do bear pits.

49+ is when they start getting the really awesome buffs, too.

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Playing a druid on Shards of Dalaya, I did not enjoy end-game really, I feel the same for druids here on p99 but it is such a fun class and versatile to enjoy 1-59. Nibbz keeping us optimistic!

skarlorn
10-10-2016, 05:00 PM
i vouch for nibbz.

Jontheripper
10-10-2016, 05:08 PM
Bullshit! The only reason there aren't more druids grouping at later levels is because of douchey players like you telling them to stop grouping and go quad/do bear pits.

49+ is when they start getting the really awesome buffs, too.

This whole thread is about a druid sitting around in city of mist being blackballed from groups.

Hell at lvl 48 a druid is still stuck with greater healing, clerics get that at what lvl29? So healings out.

As for those "awesome buffs" which they arent until lvl 55+ any group would be at least twice as efficient with a shaman or ench instead of a druid.

What most of you retards dont realize is, the one thing druids do better than any other class, is out of combat support. We can powerlevel your noob faster than anyone, we can port you and give you a sow and lev for the road, we can track down that mob you're looking for, we can harmony the mobs that see invis, and we can even wolf form you dispicable iksars to allow you to bank. What we cant do is compete with any of the other priest or nuke classes when it comes to xp groups.

Luckily verant gave us a means of gaining experience without making the other classes pull our weight for us which is quadding.

We can make badass duo partners with necros and enchanters, my personal fav way to xp.

Lowako
10-10-2016, 05:09 PM
Playing a druid on Shards of Dalaya, I did not enjoy end-game really, I feel the same for druids here on p99 but it is such a fun class and versatile to enjoy 1-59. Nibbz keeping us optimistic!

Being a druid in SoD is a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. At least druids in p99 have their own niche, druids in SoD are basically useless (outside of buffs) until they get runic 2. Even then, you still never really wanted them for raids/6 man.

fan D
10-10-2016, 05:24 PM
Luckily verant gave us a means of gaining experience without making the other classes pull our weight for us which is quadding.

luckily its everquest and its 2016. I think we can get by and manage with a druid in the group. you're trying to act like an elitist in trivial shit

countytime
10-10-2016, 05:25 PM
Couple of people have stated that he will leave an XP group to port for plat and ask to come back or save his spot when he is the only healer.

That doesn't seem to have anything to do with his class.

Jontheripper
10-10-2016, 05:27 PM
luckily its everquest and its 2016. I think we can get by and manage with a druid in the group. you're trying to act like an elitist in trivial shit

ITS THE CURRENT YEAR

kys

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 05:37 PM
Being a druid in SoD is a fate I wouldn't wish on anyone. At least druids in p99 have their own niche, druids in SoD are basically useless (outside of buffs) until they get runic 2. Even then, you still never really wanted them for raids/6 man.

Yeah took my 65 druid Vuve all over SoD under Dragonkin or Dragonborn guild (been too long) but your right, we are USELESS in Shards of Dalaya unless were boxing for buffs prior to raid. Once your there, GG nothing to do at least in SoD mechanics.

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 07:13 PM
NIBBZ INCOMING

Baler
10-10-2016, 07:23 PM
I went to CoM one day,. I saw Nibbz was there in a group. Then I saw other people training in that zones while nibbz was quietly exping.

The moral of the story, don't jump to conclusions.
Not really thread worthy imo. Better left to /ooc & /tell

https://i.imgur.com/KSbqjV8.gif

Joop
10-10-2016, 07:40 PM
let me ask you this, what do you know of the guy? maybe his a war vet with one arm, maybe he was born with something wrong, possibly mental or deformity. what were you doing around a lowbie zone anyway? people like you make p99 horrible, i bet that guy would give me a port and sow for free and not even trip, but i bet you would pissed if not tip 30p for Clarity. your honestly making yourself look more like a prick than this lowbie who is obviously a noob. why not help him instead of downgrade him and publicize him?

So if you have been grinding in CoM for the last few weeks, you most likely have come across a notable druid called "Nibbz".

Now before this gets out of hand and people vouch their love for Nibbz, you gotta understand that we all were noobs at the beginning of live and even playing a new class on p99. I feel bad for the guy and he has been getting some flack for really not playing his class well. Couple of people have stated that he will leave an XP group to port for plat and ask to come back or save his spot when he is the only healer.

Now if it was anyone else or purposely training other in CoM like yesterday's ***** (not gotta call you out, a petition made by 2 other players will sort you out bro), they would be despised across the board like our friendly lunatic in PoM. But this guy, I feel so bad seeing him LFG for hours and so oblivious that no one will invite him for a group.

Its great to see the community help new players out even if by 48 they don't understand the social aspects of how p99 works and thrives upon. But don't disbar someone and make him quit. Nibbz is currently grinding in CoM Eastern around 6pm and the poor fellow is being abused without any invites for groups.

Cmon forum, lest get this man off the streets and back into a wonderful xp group.

kgallowaypa
10-11-2016, 12:43 AM
let me ask you this, what do you know of the guy? maybe his a war vet with one arm, maybe he was born with something wrong, possibly mental or deformity. what were you doing around a lowbie zone anyway? people like you make p99 horrible, i bet that guy would give me a port and sow for free and not even trip, but i bet you would pissed if not tip 30p for Clarity. your honestly making yourself look more like a prick than this lowbie who is obviously a noob. why not help him instead of downgrade him and publicize him?

Found ya!

Now this is a true story right here

Welcome to the forums man, we will always love you nibbz :):):):):):):)

Cdarmstrong90
10-11-2016, 01:48 AM
This is nibbz bro and those 2 ports were cleric and bard. They were free and it was to help them out really fast and one was to help someone find a corpse... if the preople of that group just asked then they would've known. Yes thanks for all the people who showed love for me.

username17
10-11-2016, 06:16 AM
I'll be up front and say I was in one of the groups in CoM that would not invite him. Shortly after joining a stables group on my SK 2-3 people in the group said not to invite Nibbz because he's bad. Apparently he had gotten the Necro in my group killed the day previously. He also said he AFK's a lot and doesn't sit to regen mana.
I had a laugh, got some xp, and left.

Later I was on an alt in KC and he showed up looking for a rez because he died.
I haven't had any direct interaction but he does seem like a bad player even if it's not intentional.

I kinda feel bad for him. I remember when I was new. I hope at least one person has reached out to him to give him suggestions. But I'm not sure if that has happened.
I was joking that he just needs to join Dial a Port and fund a new, maybe melee, alt to play instead. /shrug

GL Nibbz

mr_jon3s
10-11-2016, 06:58 AM
Stop trying to bring in your liberalism. This is Classic stuff happening right here. People used to never invite other people into groups because they were bad, rude, or were ninja looters. Back in the day you earned a reputation as you played and if you didn't like that reputation you paid for a name change, x-fered off the server, or rerolled.

Tasslehofp99
10-11-2016, 05:59 PM
Sounds like nibbz needs a lumi staff and a CS fang.

This.

Unless you like to take longer to level up your characters. I mean, everyone who rolls a druid (well, like 99.9999% of them) ends up rolling a 2nd character as their "Main" anyway. Better to just hit 60 so you can get more powerful spells/better stats and find better/more fun things to do.

Also this:
Stop trying to bring in your liberalism. This is Classic stuff happening right here. People used to never invite other people into groups because they were bad, rude, or were ninja looters. Back in the day you earned a reputation as you played and if you didn't like that reputation you paid for a name change, x-fered off the server, or rerolled.

Maelstrom
10-11-2016, 08:46 PM
Seems like every group has a story about Nibbz in CoM and yes I've seen him go afk without saying so in a group as a main healer resulting in a few deaths.

I've indulged in some friendly ribbing in ooc and in groups about Nibbz, but it's beginning to get a bit sad. I mean we all have our days. Does he need to do a better job communicating? Yes probably. But Nibbz is also a guy that will give all the mats he collects to their respective classes, pages to mages, dots to clerics, bones to necros, etc., which is you know...a cool gesture. He's generous, and that is something we should appreciate.

I mean I just hate to see a guy's rep get utterly destroyed and Nibbz I believe if you just do a better job of communicating with your group members a lot of good can come from that. Most players would be happy to help you out if your new to the game or whatnot. Don't be afraid to ask!

But I have to ask is the rumor true that you drowned in the temple pool? Classic if true, and don't let a little friendly ribbing here or there get you down. This thread is proof that CoM just isn't the same without ya!

Nilstoniakrath
10-11-2016, 11:40 PM
Sorry but this dude is a total tard. He is constantly babbling in ooc, yet he can't tell his group when he is AFK? When grouped, do NOT leave to port someone outside the group, unless they are paying some ridiculous tip, which you let the group know about in advance, and if they say no problem, split the tip with them when you get back. If low on mana, nail your butt to the ground, do not practice swimming in the golem piss. The game is really not that hard.

Jontheripper
10-12-2016, 02:02 AM
Sorry but this dude is a total tard. He is constantly babbling in ooc, yet he can't tell his group when he is AFK? When grouped, do NOT leave to port someone outside the group, unless they are paying some ridiculous tip, which you let the group know about in advance, and if they say no problem, split the tip with them when you get back. If low on mana, nail your butt to the ground, do not practice swimming in the golem piss. The game is really not that hard.

When you put it like that the guy sounds pretty awesome tbh

Lord_Snow
10-12-2016, 03:03 AM
Hey OP, he aint "Unguilded" Anymore. Nibbz for life

rezzu
10-12-2016, 07:41 AM
Small tip Nibbz if you read this or his bro : Do not cast a modrod when you just been rezzed.

hrhr.

Kerwin
10-12-2016, 08:03 AM
if its a halfling druid we are all alpha, get use to it

kenehp
10-12-2016, 08:19 AM
I grouped pretty often as a 50-60 druid on live, Kunark and Velious. Mostly as a healer! There was a lot more time to med back then. Nobody has time to stop and smell the roses these days... sad.

paulgiamatti
10-12-2016, 08:43 AM
Droods are awesome, it's just there are only like two on the server that play their class well. Everyone else just makes one cuz ports.

tyrant49333
10-12-2016, 09:59 AM
Druids don't belong in XP groups maybe I'm shallow but 40+ I would never, under any circumstances invite a druid or wizard to my group. Everything they do is gimped and can be accomplished 10x better by a proper class O.o

EQBallzz
10-12-2016, 10:27 AM
Druids don't belong in XP groups maybe I'm shallow but 40+ I would never, under any circumstances invite a druid or wizard to my group. Everything they do is gimped and can be accomplished 10x better by a proper class O.o

I will take a druid or wizzy who is fun to group with over an elitist min/maxer who excludes people from groups because of some class spreadsheet of efficiency nonsense any day.

Class efficiency doesn't make EQ any more fun so if that is your criteria for forming groups I'm guessing your groups are pretty dull. I would argue the opposite. Some of the most fun is making a less optimal group work well despite the "on-paper" inefficiencies.

kgallowaypa
10-12-2016, 10:36 AM
https://i.imgur.com/KSbqjV8.gif

This is how I imagine you on your p99 naming policy thread rofl

Daserack
10-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Been thinking about Nibbz but more so the zone's his type caters to and what I did the first time on P99.

City of Mist. The first time I made a new character on P99 I went to CoM because that is where everyone appeared to be. I quickly realized there are about 4 camps where ppl sit and pull and quickly it gets pretty mindless. The trains can be pretty epic and exposes bad players fairly quickly. Drama ensues.

What pulled me here? Yes the xp was ok but it was the feeling of safety and progression, not really the quality of people.

What kept me here from 40-49? Honestly I blame myself, a lack of creativity and exploration. And the damn no effort xp.

My 2nd toon I made a cleric and vowed to try new things. At 40 I thought hmmm where is somewhere I have never leveled? I went to Tower of Frozen Shadow and met some new people. They seemed different then people in CoM. Words I would use are Focused, Skilled, Knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and wanted me to succeed in there.

Now I am level 47 and can say the Tower has been worth the effort, I plan on returning to get level 51 there and key 7 and master key. Btw the loot is pretty good here too ;-) at least for cleric, can't speak for other classes.

Ok my big point is this ... places like CoM attract certain types of people, definitely Nibbz. Make friends and go to less populated areas. Do you really want to have to explain to your children that you spent your 40s in CoM? Guess the zone Nibbz is going to head to next ... yup Karnor's Castle ... CoM 2.0

I for one will be spending my 50s in Howling Stones. A zone Nibbz would never dare enter or be invited to join.

Try new things P99 community, don't get sucked into CoM and KC ;-) you will enjoy the journey and challenge and especially meet some cool people in the process.

Nibbz I suggest you do the following
- Go AFK less or announce AFK
- Understand that people matter more then xp. The more people you piss off the less your odds of doing fun dungeons will be. You want to make friends if you want epic help.
- Take some responsibility and improve. We are counting on you!

kgallowaypa
10-12-2016, 11:03 AM
The stereotypical spots to lvl in p99 1-60:

1.) Noob zone
2.) West commons
3.) Oasis of Maar
4.) Mistmoore
5.) City of Mist
6.) Karnors Castle

Such a wonderful monotony

Piemur
10-13-2016, 12:03 PM
Okay, Nibbz used to be in my guild. He constantly AFKs, never announces it, loot whores, and has started a lot of arguments and conflicts with members of our guild. He wants back in but that isn't happening because of his attitude towards people.

It doesn't come down to his experience with the game, we taught him as much as we could, gave him money, gave him items, I played personal taxi for him while he was leveling to port range. His general attitude about how the game should be played is his problem.

It is always sad for me to see someone who used to be a member of the guild being singled out like this, but I do hope in the future he can repair some of his reputation and clear his name by addressing the issues and getting an attitude adjustment.

Ardok
10-13-2016, 12:09 PM
There were much worse people back in the day, all these new hipster cucks have no idea about the 2009-2012 days.

Piemur
10-13-2016, 12:09 PM
I will add though, he is a nice guy. he just has his moments. Being new to EQ, coming from other games is a hard adjustment when the entire community behaves in a different way. Maybe he is used to WoW communities.

Speedi
10-13-2016, 01:15 PM
This whole thread is about a druid sitting around in city of mist being blackballed from groups.

Hell at lvl 48 a druid is still stuck with greater healing, clerics get that at what lvl29? So healings out.

As for those "awesome buffs" which they arent until lvl 55+ any group would be at least twice as efficient with a shaman or ench instead of a druid.

What most of you retards dont realize is, the one thing druids do better than any other class, is out of combat support. We can powerlevel your noob faster than anyone, we can port you and give you a sow and lev for the road, we can track down that mob you're looking for, we can harmony the mobs that see invis, and we can even wolf form you dispicable iksars to allow you to bank. What we cant do is compete with any of the other priest or nuke classes when it comes to xp groups.

We can make badass duo partners with necros and enchanters, my personal fav way to xp.

Yes you are right for classic EQ (1-50)

But the current state of p99, druids have the second strongest direct heal spell (nature's touch) and along with chloroblast this makes druids pretty damn good main healers. Back when I used to raid all the time, I would regularly solo heal rogue groups on raids like Zlandicar. I mentioned Zlandicar to put it into perspective. A lot of AE damage goes out on that fight, and its no easy task to be able to heal it as a cleric, let alone a druid.

As for nuke damage we are toe to toe with mages:

Wildfire: 1024

Seeking Flame of Seukor: 1024

As for healing, I already covered that

Like mages, druids also get damage shield:

Druid: 32 point damage shield

Mage: 33 (but also adds 33 fire resist as well)

We also got debuffs in velious. Fixation of Ro & Ro's Fiery Sundering. When both are put on a raid target this is what gets debuffed.

-41 Fire Resist
-22 Armor Class
-57 Attack

Oh it don't stop there! We also get some of the best utility in the game! One of them is Harmony, its an AE lull type spell. Its great for pulls, or to get past mobs that you don't want to kill. Have a train you need derailed? No problem, a druid can do that for you! We have AE Root/Snare as well as single targets. Before using the AE line spells in tight quarters, make sure you are running with a minimum of 110+ MR or you might root/snare yourself! Not to mention ports and arguably the best buff in the game! Come on bro's druids are pretty damn good!

I posted this as general druid info, I cant let bad info sit there without anyone checking them on it.

So if you have been grinding in CoM for the last few

Yes, I agree totally Kgallowaypa!

FYI, new people is what keeps p99 rolling. So the next time you feel that need to push the envelope or (to be blunt) just be an ass to someone. Don't do it, go slower and explain to the person what you need them to do. By the way, nobody is perfect even I am guilty of the former! IMO there are no bad players, just bad leaders. So if a person is sucking, its your fault for not explaining it well enough so the person does what u need them to do.

Sorry for your trouble Nibbz! Look me up online or PM me if you need any help with gear suggestions, advice on where to XP etc. Hell if I am in game, I can show you some XP spots if you want! :)

For the time being I will friend you, and take it from there!

EQBallzz
10-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Yes you are right for classic EQ (1-50)

But the current state of p99, druids have the second strongest direct heal spell (nature's touch) and along with chloroblast this makes druids pretty damn good main healers. Back when I used to raid all the time, I would regularly solo heal rogue groups on raids like Zlandicar. I mentioned Zlandicar to put it into perspective. A lot of AE damage goes out on that fight, and its no easy task to be able to heal it as a cleric, let alone a druid.

I played a druid main on live and due to lacking clerics many times we were forced to use Druids in CH rotations even though they didn't have a true CH (I think it was 75% iirc). It wasn't ideal but if you put a druid between two clerics in the rotation it could work. Considering all the other stuff druids bring to the table that is pretty damn good IMO. Of course, that is not applicable here on P99 but I think druids are probably underrated here as well. Sure, they sorta suck early but once they get leveled up some they start to shine. I love having a druid in the group. They bring a lot of utility and decent healing.

Erati
10-13-2016, 01:42 PM
posted in druid thread

Like Speedi said, I also would park druid for Zlandicar and would enjoy healing 4 rogues in group

Druid Velious BP has best right click of all Velious Quest gear

Jontheripper
10-13-2016, 02:16 PM
posted in druid thread

Like Speedi said, I also would park druid for Zlandicar and would enjoy healing 4 rogues in group

Druid Velious BP has best right click of all Velious Quest gear

No doubt we druids make good dps healers, my post was about xp groups specifically lvl 54 and lower. Once we get Cblast things change.

Erati
10-13-2016, 02:21 PM
Yes before you get good heals focus on keeping things snared, ghetto CC w roots, thorns and using ES arms (or Velious bracer) for all mobs

dont waste mana nuking, save for emergency heal or succor, always have succor up in a group

Pumpedup
10-13-2016, 03:01 PM
Dear nibbz, try red

when people in com wont invite you to a group you can dot them from the roof till they wipe

EQBallzz
10-13-2016, 03:12 PM
Dear nibbz, try red

when people in com wont invite you to a group you can dot them from the roof till they wipe

That sounds like appropriately anti-social behavior for the PvP mentality. Your post could also have read..Dear nibbz, try red and someone will continuously dot your group until you wipe. Keep up the good work. I'm sure you will find that special sociopathic someone to join red someday! :D

Kagey
10-13-2016, 03:39 PM
Nibbz is grinding exp faster then anyone else in CoM currently, besides me Chillout. So dont fret he will be onto KC then sebilis faster then any of you. And for a druid props on that.

Lets talk about Astonished the enc and her 2500 mana pool at lvl 46. <3
Don't pull from her camp or she will kill you.

Abilge
12-22-2016, 02:43 AM
Look at this noob! Such golem piss, much leafs!

http://i.imgur.com/yy3VdC8.jpg

Nibbz! More like... N00bbz!

Just look at it! So bad!!!

(<3 buddy, gratz!)

Lulz|Sect
12-22-2016, 02:47 AM
I was the best druid on red P1999.

you're welcomea for ne garscing gracing this thread