PDA

View Full Version : Project 1999 Naming Policy

Pages : [1] 2

Baler
10-09-2016, 08:15 AM
https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17488

Why is this not actively enforced?
The server is flooded with players who's names violate the Naming Policy.

Some of these players are level 50+ all the way to level 60's. Are you telling me the staff didn't notice this violation in all the time it took these players to reach level 60?
I have seen on sirken's stream where he communicates and see's names that violate the naming policy and does nothing to fix it. (whether that is his area or not the names should be properly reported) My point with mentioning this is that it seems like staff are ignoring the Naming Policy unless the name is truely vulgar. Problem with that is the Naming Policy explicitly states what is not acceptable and it reaches much further then only vulgarity.

I have tried petitioning on the forums & in game. Neither has been proactive.
Please don't sweep this under the carpet.

fugazi
10-09-2016, 09:02 AM
I take it you don't like grouping with Weehdmastehr Blazingit and his friend Thedotfather?

Yoink1986
10-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Why not play the game and worry bout urself?

myriverse
10-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Are you reporting every name violation you see?

Lhancelot
10-09-2016, 10:55 AM
I have not noticed a vast number of "offensive" names on P99. In fact, I cannot recall one name at this time that I found offensive. I am sure some exist, but by your post I would think there was an epidemic of awful offensive names and I don't think this is the case. I was on SWTOR, and seen WAY more offensive names there than I have seen here.

Expediency
10-09-2016, 11:15 AM
The "classic" naming policy was too rigid anyway. Stop snitchin

elwing
10-09-2016, 12:11 PM
most offensive or ridiculous name are EC mule's name... haven't seen lots of ridiculous names anywhere else...

Nuggie
10-09-2016, 01:19 PM
I think I've reported 2 names before. They were vulgar. Lots of other names I see are just straight lack of imagination, I shake my head and move on with the rest of my life.

mickmoranis
10-09-2016, 02:49 PM

Greetings Travelers! Why doth this not verily enforced?
thine relm is flooded with adventurers doth's names violate thine Naming customs.

shillings worth of these travelers are fully trained, some have even mastered the powers of dragons. Are you telling me the gods didn't notice this transgression in all the moons it took these stout adventurers to reach the golden spires of shining light?
I have seen on sirken's magical pool where he communicates and see's names that are blaspheme to the commandments written by the claws of veeshan and verily, thine king does nothing to condemn these wary souls. (whether that is his area or not the monikers should be properly smote upon by our protectors) My visage uppon which I speek is that it seems like the angels of fire that were sworn to protect us are ignoring the words of veeshan herself, unless the name is truely vulgar to a halflings ears. Problem with that is the word of veeshan explicitly states what the scaled god of the skies above and world below is not acceptable to her kind and balance heart and it reaches much further into our soul then only the wroth vulgarity of a common innothulue troll.

I have wept to the sky begging and writing uppon parchment. Neither has given me the starlight which I seek.
Please, gods and kings, don't sweep this under the carpet as you once did the crushbone war of faydark.

FIFY

skarlorn
10-09-2016, 03:29 PM
sirken's magical pool where he communicates and see's names that are blaspheme to the commandments

i was doubtful at first but then I came.

StinkyGreenBud
10-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Such a minute issue to be that worried about.

coki
10-09-2016, 05:27 PM
the Staff have real lives outside of p99...

skarlorn
10-09-2016, 05:50 PM
I'm all for banning these people for ruining my immersion

Evia
10-09-2016, 06:32 PM
Why not play the game and worry bout urself?

My thoughts exactly. Who gives a shit? If the devs themselves obviously don't care,why are you all riding up White Knight style waving the rule book around? This is either some top notch trolling, or you have way too much free time on your hands.

skarlorn
10-09-2016, 06:55 PM
My thoughts exactly. Who gives a shit? If the devs themselves obviously don't care,why are you all riding up White Knight style waving the rule book around? This is either some top notch trolling, or you have way too much free time on your hands.

this is exactly the group think absolvence of crime that led to the KKK

Evia
10-09-2016, 07:04 PM
this is exactly the group think absolvence of crime that led to the KKK

I see your words but they're making zero sense.

So you're saying that because I think it's ridiculous that this guy is waving a rule book towards the creators of the server, and how he's an epic troll or a dude with too much time on his hands, that I have the mindset of wanting to kill a bunch of black people?

Not following your logic even when I try to think outside the box. Was it the white Knight bit? Seriously trying to understand what you're implying.

skarlorn
10-09-2016, 07:21 PM
maybe you need to slow down and take a breath, young man.

It's up to US (the community) to preserve the integrity of p99. It takes about 5 seconds for me to petition someone's uncouth, immersion destroying name.

And really, no one playing p99 and posting on forums here should ever try and burn another person for "having too much time on his hands." what is that anyway... an insult? go to RNF where we can have at thee.

oh and for your answer...

"My thoughts exactly. Who gives a shit [if black people are being lynched]? If the [County Sherrifs] themselves obviously don't care,why are you all riding up [black panther style] waving the [civil liberties] book around?"

i hope this helps makes things more understandable for you :o

Evia
10-09-2016, 08:42 PM
maybe you need to slow down and take a breath, young man.

It's up to US (the community) to preserve the integrity of p99. It takes about 5 seconds for me to petition someone's uncouth, immersion destroying name.

And really, no one playing p99 and posting on forums here should ever try and burn another person for "having too much time on his hands." what is that anyway... an insult? go to RNF where we can have at thee.

oh and for your answer...

"My thoughts exactly. Who gives a shit [if black people are being lynched]? If the [County Sherrifs] themselves obviously don't care,why are you all riding up [black panther style] waving the [civil liberties] book around?"

i hope this helps makes things more understandable for you :o

Haha wow man. Wow. I think you made my point for me. That's quite a reach in your comparisons. The difference is that the creators of this game MADE the rules. They can choose to enforce them or not,that's their decision. Not ours. Civil liberties and the lynching of black people really has absolutely no similarities to my comment or that line of thinking. If the KKK created the world and the rules/laws, then you might have a point. But they didn't. That's why your attempt to compare me to the KKK makes zero sense. It's actually easier for me to compare OP to the KKK since he's bothered by what SOMEONE ELSE is doing that isn't causing him any harm and wants to ENFORCE the rule book upon them and is angry that people are not forcing people to play by his vision.

As for me saying he has too much time on his hands, that's a reference to someone who wants to argue rule enforcement with the people who created the rules in the first place. Yeah, if that's a priority to you I think your life must be super boring or you have alot of free time to stir the pot on the most moot of points.

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 08:03 AM
The "classic" naming policy was too rigid anyway. Stop snitchin

Ravager
10-10-2016, 08:10 AM
I think I've reported 2 names before. They were vulgar. Lots of other names I see are just straight lack of imagination, I shake my head and move on with the rest of my life.

Baler
10-10-2016, 10:00 AM
Bump

Here is a short list of names that I have reported in the past
Bffgoofball
Dimmwitt Idiot
Grandmawipeme
Butterlips
Stockmarket
Streetcar
Secondtonone
Gravybiscuit
Somecallme
Mightyskidmark
Shadowmagic
Opalwind
Dominoo
Comegetsome
Marshmellow
Bigstaff
Meefbank
Planeofsky
Stereometric
Thepicard
Eclogger
Thornymofo
Donkeyplushorse
Unluckee
Weedhopper
Bloodyguts
Smushsmush
Spitzbube
Buytradesell
Okie Dokie
Olefashioned
Chinatown
Teaweed
Tinadrae
Ccooke
Cheekslapper
Itemz
Fedexx
Pizcomeagain
Peeping Tom
Bulletproof Vest
Skycloud Trademachine
Grimbank
Slimelord
Sowgirl
Saragirl Notagirl
Purebeef Mostbeef
Barbieshaman
Sledgehamma
Outkazt
Kinglance Happyhead
Khanga Roo
Rollingwit Mygnomes
Knowledgebase
Domino Pizza
Lavasoap Bubbly
Heartthrob
Professorchaos
Trollindeep Forthelolz
Trollolololol
Liveandletdie
Lovegnome
Murderdeathkill
Bronzeboyy
Swiftexit
Whispershadow
Endless Crusade
Refreshing
Igotu
Stankydanky Makemetanky
Barfight Shenanigans
Slowdown
Bankrobber
Puppetier Master
Blendtec
Chasethetree
Iamsell
Pwning Dazzle
Article Fifteen
Indiscernible Jerk
Idol
Platbank
Toejammz
Shwarzchild Radius
Inthesea
Rafssmokindeals
Lowham
Slingin
Yesimacleric
Twistfist Ares
Dontlet Medown
Crackaholic
Sixtyfivedays
Godking
Bluemagic Powder
Here is a short list of names that I see in east commons as of this post:

Healyourself
Trivia
Wizfiz
Greenloaf
Sillyturtle
Graciegirl
Checkers
Dirtytricks
Height
Dyslexics
Lumpyhuman
Godtree
Nurd
Rockroll
Illuminatist
Iamschool
Hidden
Investor
Coloring
Stockmarket
Halfdead
Cowboyblood

Names that are violating the Naming Policy are flooding this server!
I would also like to remind people to please be civil. This thread is not a rant and flame. I truly care about the health of the server and feel that these names hinder peoples playing experience.

Silvurwolf
10-10-2016, 10:15 AM
wow I can't believe gms haven't gone out of their way to accommodate this pressing issue, I mean my god that list of names just calls for action!

In all seriousness there is an infinite possibility of names that can be recognizable or at the very least attributable to some concept and you want gms to rename every one? For every one changed another can be made up. It's too much work and the problem will never be solved. What you propose just isn't realistic and that is why only offensive names get changed..

Videri
10-10-2016, 10:37 AM
Immersion is important. It's part of the reason some of us play this game. Don't say "Just shut up and play the game." The only way to experience Everquest with immersive, genre-appropriate names is if everyone's name is genre-appropriate.

If the naming policy were regularly enforced and people knew they would probably be forced to choose a new name by a GM/Guide, players would create fewer names that violate the policy.

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 12:14 PM
Just ban verbs and nouns in the character creation, should be a simple resolution

StinkyGreenBud
10-10-2016, 12:48 PM
Immersion is important. It's part of the reason some of us play this game. Don't say "Just shut up and play the game." The only way to experience Everquest with immersive, genre-appropriate names is if everyone's name is genre-appropriate.

If the naming policy were regularly enforced and people knew they would probably be forced to choose a new name by a GM/Guide, players would create fewer names that violate the policy.

Dude if you wanted immersion then you can just turn off names. Problem solved... This is a stupid issue to even be concerned over.

Pumpedup
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM
you do realize there are not that many names available on both servers right?

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 01:05 PM
Anyone else here from Firiona Vie server? oh... rofl

AndyErik
10-10-2016, 01:20 PM
Who gives a shit [if black people are being lynched]? If the [County Sherrifs] themselves obviously don't care,why are you all riding up [black panther style] waving the [civil liberties] book around?
You do know the devs [County Sherrifs] made an entire server where people get away with murder [lynching] scott-free right?

Sirban
10-10-2016, 01:21 PM
pussies

Videri
10-10-2016, 01:40 PM
Just ban verbs and nouns in the character creation, should be a simple resolution

Ah, but Blackheart or Dread or Glint or Birdsflight could be RP names. (100p each pm me)

Thulack
10-10-2016, 01:45 PM
Bump

Bffgoofball
Dimmwitt Idiot
Grandmawipeme
Butterlips
Stockmarket
Streetcar
Secondtonone
Gravybiscuit
Somecallme
Mightyskidmark
Shadowmagic
Opalwind
Dominoo
Comegetsome
Marshmellow
Bigstaff
Meefbank
Planeofsky
Stereometric
Thepicard
Eclogger
Thornymofo
Donkeyplushorse
Unluckee
Weedhopper
Bloodyguts
Smushsmush
Spitzbube
Buytradesell
Okie Dokie
Olefashioned
Chinatown
Teaweed
Tinadrae
Ccooke
Cheekslapper
Itemz
Fedexx
Pizcomeagain
Peeping Tom
Bulletproof Vest
Skycloud Trademachine
Grimbank
Slimelord
Sowgirl
Saragirl Notagirl
Purebeef Mostbeef
Barbieshaman
Sledgehamma
Outkazt
Kinglance Happyhead
Khanga Roo
Rollingwit Mygnomes
Knowledgebase
Domino Pizza
Lavasoap Bubbly
Heartthrob
Professorchaos
Trollindeep Forthelolz
Trollolololol
Liveandletdie
Lovegnome
Murderdeathkill
Bronzeboyy
Swiftexit
Whispershadow
Endless Crusade
Refreshing
Igotu
Stankydanky Makemetanky
Barfight Shenanigans
Slowdown
Bankrobber
Puppetier Master
Blendtec
Chasethetree
Iamsell
Pwning Dazzle
Article Fifteen
Indiscernible Jerk
Idol
Platbank
Toejammz
Shwarzchild Radius
Inthesea
Rafssmokindeals
Lowham
Slingin
Yesimacleric
Twistfist Ares
Dontlet Medown
Crackaholic
Sixtyfivedays
Godking
Bluemagic Powder

Healyourself
Trivia
Wizfiz
Greenloaf
Sillyturtle
Graciegirl
Checkers
Dirtytricks
Height
Dyslexics
Lumpyhuman
Godtree
Nurd
Rockroll
Illuminatist
Iamschool
Hidden
Investor
Coloring
Stockmarket
Halfdead
Cowboyblood

I would also like to remind people to please be civil. This thread is not a rant and flame. I truly care about the health of the server and feel that these names hinder peoples playing experience.
And hows that reporting worked out for you since i know that one of those people you reported still has the name? Find something useful to actually bitch about geez.

Videri
10-10-2016, 01:46 PM
Dude if you wanted immersion then you can just turn off names. Problem solved... This is a stupid issue to even be concerned over.

Turning off names like the explorer Curunol, not a bad idea. But it's not a stupid issue. Maybe you mean there are more important issues, like fixing bugs or making the Blue-side raid scene work better or adjusting Red's rule set. I think I agree. But player character names are part of creating the vivid, magical experience that inspired the very nostalgia this server is meant to satisfy.

Expediency
10-10-2016, 01:59 PM
Bump

Bffgoofball
Dimmwitt Idiot
Grandmawipeme
Butterlips
Stockmarket
Streetcar
Secondtonone
Gravybiscuit
Somecallme
Mightyskidmark
Shadowmagic
Opalwind
Dominoo
Comegetsome
Marshmellow
Bigstaff
Meefbank
Planeofsky
Stereometric
Thepicard
Eclogger
Thornymofo
Donkeyplushorse
Unluckee
Weedhopper
Bloodyguts
Smushsmush
Spitzbube
Buytradesell
Okie Dokie
Olefashioned
Chinatown
Teaweed
Tinadrae
Ccooke
Cheekslapper
Itemz
Fedexx
Pizcomeagain
Peeping Tom
Bulletproof Vest
Skycloud Trademachine
Grimbank
Slimelord
Sowgirl
Saragirl Notagirl
Purebeef Mostbeef
Barbieshaman
Sledgehamma
Outkazt
Kinglance Happyhead
Khanga Roo
Rollingwit Mygnomes
Knowledgebase
Domino Pizza
Lavasoap Bubbly
Heartthrob
Professorchaos
Trollindeep Forthelolz
Trollolololol
Liveandletdie
Lovegnome
Murderdeathkill
Bronzeboyy
Swiftexit
Whispershadow
Endless Crusade
Refreshing
Igotu
Stankydanky Makemetanky
Barfight Shenanigans
Slowdown
Bankrobber
Puppetier Master
Blendtec
Chasethetree
Iamsell
Pwning Dazzle
Article Fifteen
Indiscernible Jerk
Idol
Platbank
Toejammz
Shwarzchild Radius
Inthesea
Rafssmokindeals
Lowham
Slingin
Yesimacleric
Twistfist Ares
Dontlet Medown
Crackaholic
Sixtyfivedays
Godking
Bluemagic Powder

Healyourself
Trivia
Wizfiz
Greenloaf
Sillyturtle
Graciegirl
Checkers
Dirtytricks
Height
Dyslexics
Lumpyhuman
Godtree
Nurd
Rockroll
Illuminatist
Iamschool
Hidden
Investor
Coloring
Stockmarket
Halfdead
Cowboyblood

I'm convinced this is a sophisticated trolling attempt; because out of that whole list you posted there are maybe 3 names at most that I would change if I was a GM for violating trademarks. Those situations could be fixed in most cases by eliminating the last name. I'm not going to point these out though because I'm not a name snitch.

Much of what you listed does not violate the policy at all. Greenloaf? Ccooke? Trivia? Whispershadow? Those would have all been legit even on live servers with a GM looking on. You probably have petitioned so many that they dont even look at your petitions anymore, trusting that someone saner will petition when a player actually does violate the policy by naming themselves "fuckface" or something like that.

Funny thing here is that while playing on p99 you do occasionally run into low level characters with offensive names including profanity or slurs, yet you have not petitioned even one of those? Those get deleted or changed quickly because they're actual violations.

Baler
10-10-2016, 02:35 PM
I didn't want to post this but some people have forced my hand.

I understand that some of you are breaking the rules by using names that violate the naming policy and you can enjoy the game. Please understand that your indiscretions have ruined my and other's experience and immersion on this server. This is no troll. By your actions of choosing a name that violate the naming policy I feel less compelled to experience all that p99 has to offer. As do many others who would like a true experience rather then a cheapened one.

This thread is no troll. I desire is policy to be enforced and many of you who oppose me are currently publicly breaking this server policy.

I understand the staff have a lot on their plate but I plead that they enforce this policy as though it was any other!

Expediency
10-10-2016, 02:39 PM
. Please understand that your indiscretions have ruined my and other's experience and immersion on this server. This is no troll. By your actions of choosing a name that violate the naming policy I feel less compelled to experience all that p99 has to offer. As do many others who would like a true experience rather then a cheapened one.

This thread is no troll. I desire is policy to be enforced and many of you who oppose me are currently publicly breaking this server policy.

Please explain how the examples I gave break server naming policy. If you're willing to petition them you should be willing to give your reasoning.

AndyErik
10-10-2016, 02:40 PM
Please understand that your indiscretions have ruined my and other's experience and immersion on this server

If you let something that small ruin your experience on this server, you're too easily offended. This may not be a troll but its squeeky wheel syndrome and if the devs cater to something like this they embarq on a slippery slope of endless to do lists that will ruin the experience for everyone.

snead
10-10-2016, 03:09 PM
you do realize that in real life people have odd nicknames they go by instead of their real names? honestly, it's immersion at it's finest being able to use the 'handle' you actually identify as. how do you think the last name 'Smith' came about? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_(surname

to limit one's elf sim names is a truly the real crime.

Stormfists
10-10-2016, 03:18 PM

Why is this not actively enforced?
The server is flooded with players who's names violate the Naming Policy.

Some of these players are level 50+ all the way to level 60's. Are you telling me the staff didn't notice this violation in all the time it took these players to reach level 60?
I have seen on sirken's stream where he communicates and see's names that violate the naming policy and does nothing to fix it. (whether that is his area or not the names should be properly reported) My point with mentioning this is that it seems like staff are ignoring the Naming Policy unless the name is truely vulgar. Problem with that is the Naming Policy explicitly states what is not acceptable and it reaches much further then only vulgarity.

I have tried petitioning on the forums & in game. Neither has been proactive.
Please don't sweep this under the carpet.

Wow get a life snitchy cuntbag.

RNF this shit.

Yoink1986
10-10-2016, 03:21 PM
I plan on make some on the verge names just for you now :)

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 03:27 PM
This is no troll. By your actions of choosing a name that violate the naming policy I feel less compelled to experience all that p99 has to offer. As do many others who would like a true experience rather then a cheapened one.

I understand the staff have a lot on their plate but I plead that they enforce this policy as though it was any other!

triple EXP weekend Halloween weekend,.

Doesn't that ruin your immersion? Want to explore all that p99 has to offer? How does rushing to 60 get you that mr. immersion?

Troll is so obvious XD

Expediency
10-10-2016, 03:32 PM
Troll is so obvious XD

This post is better than at least 90% of troll posts. Op put some thought into this. Voted 5

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 03:34 PM
Thread of the year was the downfall of Ways of Yore, this might take 2nd place

Thulack
10-10-2016, 03:35 PM
I didn't want to post this but some people have forced my hand.

I understand that some of you are breaking the rules by using names that violate the naming policy and you can enjoy the game. Please understand that your indiscretions have ruined my and other's experience and immersion on this server. This is no troll. By your actions of choosing a name that violate the naming policy I feel less compelled to experience all that p99 has to offer. As do many others who would like a true experience rather then a cheapened one.

You are too sensitive.

Stormfists
10-10-2016, 03:35 PM
Has RNF merged into the common forums?

I need to know where to dump my memes, staff bashing and anime dick pics.

Baler
10-10-2016, 03:52 PM
@P99 Staff

By this post you can know that people who abuse this server policy should be reprimanded.

Anyone who speaks out against this Server wide policy should also be reprimanded.
It is the same on level as staff bashing.

::Why I believe these people should be reprimanded is they're promoting breaking the rules.

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 04:00 PM
Damn we've been shutdown, Baler witch project initiated

fan D
10-10-2016, 04:03 PM
I know what OP is referring too, as each year goes by the MMO world has less and less fantasy names. More people are just naming themselves after pop culture references or some weed reference, its horrible.

skarlorn
10-10-2016, 07:14 PM
I support Baler and encourage everyone to snitch on names breaking our RP world setting

korilla
10-10-2016, 07:18 PM
how do some people get 'special' surnames. and by special i mean: Necro mancer, Misaligned______, to name a few.

kgallowaypa
10-10-2016, 07:24 PM
how do some people get 'special' surnames. and by special i mean: Necro mancer, Misaligned______, to name a few.

Once you hit lvl 20 you can type /surname 'desired name' no special characters or spaces though. Special ones are requested by petition through a GM like Sly'bath. GM events also grant you extended surnames like 'Player name' The warlord <The mystical Order>

paulgiamatti
10-10-2016, 07:51 PM

I believe he's talking about Soandso the [Heretic/Defiler/Warlock], Soandso the Wanderer, Soandso the Champion of Suchandsuch, etc.

Those are given for participation in GM events such as the Best of the Best tourneys. First place winners of the BotB gain the level 60 title for their class: the druid winner is titled, "Soandso the Hierophant", the runner up "Soandso the Preserver", third place "Soandso the Wanderer", etc.

Not sure about the other GM event titles.

korilla
10-10-2016, 08:17 PM
I believe he's talking about Soandso the [Heretic/Defiler/Warlock], Soandso the Wanderer, Soandso the Champion of Suchandsuch, etc.

Those are given for participation in GM events such as the Best of the Best tourneys. First place winners of the BotB gain the level 60 title for their class: the druid winner is titled, "Soandso the Hierophant", the runner up "Soandso the Preserver", third place "Soandso the Wanderer", etc.

Not sure about the other GM event titles.

No, not talking about titles. I'm referring to characters who get special privileges to their surnames from GM's.

There is literally a character named "Necro mancer" (e.g. his surname is not capitalized, hence it kind of looks like one word.)

There is also a character called "Misaligned" (e.g. his surname has a whole bunch of spaces, so his name isn't centered).

There are a few more which I forgot.

paulgiamatti
10-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Ah, that's just people finding a way to glitch the naming system, such as inputting a weird ascii symbol that can't be displayed in the nameplate which registers as a space instead. Hence the second word being lowercase - the nameplate thinks it's still one string of letters. Although, GMs will usually capitalize certain letters in your surname for you, but they won't add spaces or any special symbols like that. I'm sure if you ask a GM to give you a capitalized letter in your surname after glitching out the nameplate, they'd get rid of the blank ascii symbol you inputted first.

Baler
10-11-2016, 10:37 AM
More names that violate the naming policy in EC as of this post.

Iholdjunk
Songtuner
Capcom
Nodeeps
Blazeone
Bladefuryy
Dmadman
Diverse
Shabuffya
Heydirty
Halfelf
Encumbert
Envenomed
Healsonwheels

khanable
10-11-2016, 10:58 AM
lol

maskedmelon
10-11-2016, 11:31 AM
I just don't like stupid names or names that are sentences. In principle I do not see anything wrong with ordinary nouns or compound words as names.

We can't all have the creative genius to spit out meaningless fantasy names like

Gariandelstranna
Kierentharia
Bestlevyetti
Qhorcinnisucari
Qeresyndle
Alanalaxrohl
Schexyvyette
Hamanaksuhaa
Ylrdisqhet

Nor can we all count ourselves so creatively destitute that we rely on the random name generator. Accordingly, I applaud names like

Powerangel
Swiftfists
Lithebanshee
Sirenscry
Wanderlust
Underbust
Ironhide

And so on ^^

skarlorn
10-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Nothing wrong with two nouns tied together as long as it FEELS immersive

Erudite paladin named Thinshield

Dwarf warrior named AXEBEARD

Yoink1986
10-11-2016, 01:48 PM
Yah at this point Baler is now a known troll. Only one way to kill a troll is to make a shit ton of crazy names and make it's head explode.

Baler
10-11-2016, 01:58 PM
For anyone new to the forums.
I am not a troll.

skarlorn
10-11-2016, 02:06 PM
Sometimes you have to stomach your disgust and band with your enemy against a common threat.

This threat for me is the plague of naming convention violators.

I only hope that when Baler and I watch the fires of our crusade low to ember, I will have the opportunity to slit his pathetic throat and leave him gurgling in a pile of blood and feces (his in game toon of course ;) )

maskedmelon
10-11-2016, 02:09 PM
Cat fight, watch out! ^.~v

rezzu
10-11-2016, 02:35 PM
@P99 Staff

By this post you can know that people who abuse this server policy should be reprimanded.

Anyone who speaks out against this Server wide policy should also be reprimanded.
It is the same on level as staff bashing.

::Why I believe these people should be reprimanded is they're promoting breaking the rules.

For anyone new to the forums.
I am not a troll.

Nah you are just a super egoman that try to find something to do! lel.. my advice that you won't listen but still : avoid taking yourself too seriously . knock it of mfer , 16 years old video pixel game, get a life , look outside.

skarlorn
10-11-2016, 02:36 PM
baler would be cool but he's always short of bein a true baller

sorry you suck dude

thufir
10-11-2016, 03:03 PM
it's not enforced because the server is staffed with volunteers who have better things to do than trying to keep someone down who is determined to name themselves some variant of "Dankest Bongrips" or whatever.

not a huge fan of it either but in the end it's small potatoes. it isn't something I'd pay money to fix, so that's that.

kgallowaypa
10-11-2016, 03:08 PM
This is seriously rustling some people lol

gildor
10-11-2016, 05:58 PM
SIRKen himself breaks the naming rules, that's why its not enforced.

skarlorn
10-12-2016, 04:21 AM
today i hopped off the boat in BBM. the sea air salted my beard. I heard the butcherblock gulls from afar. then, Cherrykush the level 3 high elf chanter in a noobie robe ran past, shattering my immersion. i immediately petitioned the name and told the player, who didn't know what petitioning was and claimed to be newb. but i know you, cherrykush. you are NOT innnocent. and you will be punished for your micro aggressions.

Baler
10-12-2016, 11:11 AM
More names as of this post

Yumyum
Igunnasux
Manipulate
Pythonnewbie
Captncoke
Kaboomy
Negotiator
Citibank
Longswords
Darkpassion

Yoink1986
10-12-2016, 02:10 PM
Seriously stop. Your a troll. You're trying to ruin people's gaming experiences by being a dick for no reason.

myriverse
10-12-2016, 03:41 PM
Yumyum sounds perfectly acceptable.

Baler
10-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Yumyum sounds perfectly acceptable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0r5ObE8gFY

Sorry bro, but it breaks the Naming Policy.

myriverse
10-12-2016, 04:24 PM
Nope. That video means nothing.

Whirled
10-12-2016, 04:28 PM
Worrying about someones name is like worrying about who is on the ten dollar bill.
#focusONrealProblems2016

eqravenprince
10-12-2016, 04:30 PM
My character when I played back in 1999-2001 was called Ravenprince Levantine. Apparently some jackass reported my name after 51 levels and I was renamed to Ravenpride. Name police get a life, who cares, my name was not even that bad.

Baler
10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
My character when I played back in 1999-2001 was called Ravenprince Levantine. Apparently some jackass reported my name after 51 levels and I was renamed to Ravenpride. Name police get a life, who cares, my name was not even that bad.

You see if you can actually have a legit reason for the name. I have ZERO problem

It's the people who abuse YOUR privilege. You should be just as outraged as I am. I'm not a name narc, nor the name police. I simply want a basic rule to be enforced that is blatantly being ignored and ABUSED by the player-base.

Lhancelot
10-12-2016, 05:22 PM
You see if you can actually have a legit reason for the name. I have ZERO problem

It's the people who abuse YOUR privilege. You should be just as outraged as I am. I'm not a name narc, nor the name police. I simply want a basic rule to be enforced that is blatantly being ignored and ABUSED by the player-base.

Can we get some name-and-shames going here? Without examples of ingame names that break the policy, I am a bit lost here. Need some examples of the naming policy being broken to validate this thread, imo.

LordRayken
10-12-2016, 06:44 PM
Can we get some name-and-shames going here? Without examples of ingame names that break the policy, I am a bit lost here. Need some examples of the naming policy being broken to validate this thread, imo.

When you see someone with the name
Poopybutt Itchyhole

I think naming is going too far.

Lhancelot
10-12-2016, 06:50 PM
When you see someone with the name
Poopybutt Itchyhole

I think naming is going too far.

Well... you have to admit, it's fitting for a troll or ogre, right?

LordRayken
10-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Well... you have to admit, it's fitting for a troll or ogre, right?

No. It's disgusting and retarded.

I can think of many "fitting" names that are much worse, too.

maskedmelon
10-12-2016, 07:07 PM
I've hatched an idea thanks to this thread ^^ Gonna go review rules before sharing ^^

Llandris
10-12-2016, 07:33 PM
Didn't read all the pages but report names that you see in violation.

Lhancelot
10-12-2016, 07:37 PM
I've hatched an idea thanks to this thread ^^ Gonna go review rules before sharing ^^

Do share!

maskedmelon
10-12-2016, 07:41 PM
Do share!

Oh, I WILL. Trust me ^^ I am just too excited arm that I spawned back to back Llandris posts ^^ I don't even care that both were ks'ed ^^

skarlorn
10-12-2016, 08:24 PM
God bless

picklefixer
10-12-2016, 08:49 PM
I just don't like stupid names or names that are sentences. In principle I do not see anything wrong with ordinary nouns or compound words as names.

We can't all have the creative genius to spit out meaningless fantasy names like

Gariandelstranna
Kierentharia
Bestlevyetti
Qhorcinnisucari
Qeresyndle
Alanalaxrohl
Schexyvyette
Hamanaksuhaa
Ylrdisqhet

Nor can we all count ourselves so creatively destitute that we rely on the random name generator. Accordingly, I applaud names like

Powerangel
Swiftfists
Lithebanshee
Sirenscry
Wanderlust
Underbust
Ironhide

And so on ^^

How the fuck did i not make this list?

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig 60 Druid

kgallowaypa
10-12-2016, 09:40 PM
Didn't read all the pages but report names that you see in violation.

The tribe has spoken. GG Baler...GG

Teako
10-13-2016, 05:31 AM
Only reported one name in however many years. Reggin.

Spyder73
10-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Well Braknar saved the server from Wu'Tang (twice) so all is well. Meanwhile Weedlord Bonerhitler just hit level 58 while duoing with Cockmagic.

Sir Ken
Sir Ken
Sir Ken
Sir Ken

Baler
10-13-2016, 11:45 AM
My list is up to 157 names and it gets bigger every day.

More names as of this post.

Itemloot
Doomstealer
Symbiosis
Impermeable
Bigworm
Trollian
Precedent
Bagmanian
Darkbuffs
Malfunction
Sangsong
Slowtimes
Fiat
Thejive
Gettnjiggywitit
Allgood

Loke
10-13-2016, 11:53 AM
Idgaf about names ruinung immersion and stuff, but the horrible and cliche monk names need to stop. If youre a monk and have some variation of the word "fist" in your name, you need to be shamed and ridiculed for a complete lack of originality and creativity.

Also, don't mess with my mallet mule "Funbrella".

beel
10-13-2016, 11:59 AM
I'm gonna bookmark this thread so that when I'm feeling I take EQ too seriously I can go here to remind myself it could be worse.

Evia
10-13-2016, 11:59 AM
So what I gathered from this thread is that if you whine and complain and snitch long enough, someone will eventually listen.

Lhancelot
10-13-2016, 12:11 PM
So what I gathered from this thread is that if you whine and complain and snitch long enough, someone will eventually listen.

I honestly thought most of this thread was just a troll thread. Seriously, I doubt that people really get that bothered by "offensive" names, unless they are racially insensitive or have some other RL negative connotation. i mean sure, "Scratchybutt Itchyhole" or whatever is stupid and juvenile, but I don't think I'd waste my time petitioning his name.

I remember on live a guy had the name "Irishcarbomb" or something like that, and for some reason I found that name unimaginative and offensive. I still don't think I petitoned it though.

Jontheripper
10-13-2016, 12:26 PM
I named my mage Assinvader and you wouldnt believe the vile things these nerds said to me.

"Wtf that names inappropriate kill yourself you inbred retard" was my favorite.

So i tell the dude. "Its short for assassin dark vader, and you're just as bad, your name should be spelled archimedes, not archimedies"

He then flipped the fuck out in the best way possible, should have saved it.

kgallowaypa
10-13-2016, 03:08 PM
Ive only received compliments on my druid's name...although not ready to share it just yet..although ive come to find that Baler seems to be an EU player so if you in the US and east coast your good to go..and not in EC tunnel lol. Almost every name in EC tunnel had a unique name that goes against this 'police-e', Boy Id hate to see sirkens petitionquest this Monday!

skarlorn
10-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Praise be to the Defenders of Immersion

Lhancelot
10-13-2016, 05:22 PM
Meanwhile Weedlord Bonerhitler just hit level 58 while duoing with Cockmagic.

Yeah, the Weedlord name is a bit out of bounds, but, what's so bad about Roostermagic? Don't see the big deal with the second name tbh.

kotton05
10-13-2016, 05:59 PM
saw a guy with the last name and i quote "OMG" idk if thats in the policy or not

myriverse
10-14-2016, 10:03 AM
It's more damaging to immersion to report names violations than it is to just ignore them.

beel
10-14-2016, 10:19 AM
It's more damaging to immersion to report names violations than it is to just ignore them.

Spot on.

Unless names are highly explicit, reporting them simply makes you selfish and full of envy and schadenfreude. I assure you that having someone else's name changed will be more damaging to that person's immersion than to yours for seeing it. Nothing to be proud of, really.

Lhancelot
10-14-2016, 10:56 AM
Spot on.

Unless names are highly explicit, reporting them simply makes you selfish and full of envy and schadenfreude. I assure you that having someone else's name changed will be more damaging to that person's immersion than to yours for seeing it. Nothing to be proud of, really.

^Well put.

Salamarr
10-14-2016, 11:49 AM
(his in game toon of course ;) )

my immersion broke at this point.

maskedmelon
10-14-2016, 12:14 PM
Only name that ever actually bothered me was Period Bloodsipper...

I mean....

what

the

FUCK!?

Baler
10-14-2016, 12:43 PM
More names as of this post:

Elfwho
Rumgut
Stayin
Sowsforplat
Farter
Treelord
Cringey
Pepoo
Mysticism
Fizzlebum
Eurovision
Slowjam

maskedmelon
10-14-2016, 12:45 PM
What's wrong with Rumgut, Bales?

Lhancelot
10-14-2016, 01:01 PM

Elfwho
Rumgut
Stayin
Sowsforplat
Farter
Treelord
Cringey
Pepoo
Mysticism
Fizzlebum
Eurovision
Slowjam

Anything Travolta related is fine imo. "Stayin Alive" ftw.

EDIT: And, anything Bee Gees related is fine too. ;)

Baler
10-14-2016, 02:22 PM
What's wrong with Rumgut, Bales?
eh, it's just two words put together. However if the player could justify the name based on their character, perhaps in a roleplay aspect. I wouldn't mind in the slightest. Otherwise it just seems like uncreative laziness smushing two words together. Let's be real most of these people aren't roleplaying.

It's a fine line between a name being descriptive of the race/class and someone being lazy. So sure, Rumgut could be acceptable.

I get not everyone has to have the most fantasy world name. People in real life have nicknames too.
So I may mistakenly lump a name into the bunch, thanks for calling me out on that one Maskedmelon.

Spyder73
10-14-2016, 02:54 PM
Baler,

What are your thoughts on the surname Wu'Tang for a human monk from the streets of Qeynos? Just wondering what a purest like yourself thinks

Baler
10-14-2016, 03:14 PM
Baler,

What are your thoughts on the surname Wu'Tang for a human monk from the streets of Qeynos? Just wondering what a purest like yourself thinks

When the sins of the almighty's right hand have been purged. Thou shalt be rewarded.
http://i.imgur.com/JHaItuf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mRGOr0N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0cwLSF0.jpg

kgallowaypa
10-14-2016, 03:17 PM
When the sins of the almighty's right hand have been purged. Thou shalt be rewarded.
http://i.imgur.com/JHaItuf.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/mRGOr0N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/0cwLSF0.jpg

Foreshadowing surprise buttsecks

kgallowaypa
10-14-2016, 03:26 PM
Time to unveil the finest druid

http://i.imgur.com/NdOiird.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uUNPdLA.gif

Now let me ask you, that is one clever name. Not only will he provide an Evac to Emerald Jungle..but he will do it later... once he's done thrusting Your IMMERSION

vincenzo
10-15-2016, 08:41 PM
Time to unveil the finest druid

http://i.imgur.com/NdOiird.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/uUNPdLA.gif

Now let me ask you, that is one clever name. Not only will he provide an Evac to Emerald Jungle..but he will do it later... once he's done thrusting Your IMMERSION

Kanye level word play transcends naming policy

Thulack
10-16-2016, 10:48 AM
eh, it's just two words put together. However if the player could justify the name based on their character, perhaps in a roleplay aspect. I wouldn't mind in the slightest. Otherwise it just seems like uncreative laziness smushing two words together. Let's be real most of these people aren't roleplaying.

It's a fine line between a name being descriptive of the race/class and someone being lazy. So sure, Rumgut could be acceptable.

I get not everyone has to have the most fantasy world name. People in real life have nicknames too.
So I may mistakenly lump a name into the bunch, thanks for calling me out on that one Maskedmelon.
So your issue is not names that are against naming policy but against lazy unimaginative names? Thats your issue not the P99 Staff or other players issues.

Lhancelot
10-16-2016, 12:13 PM
My list is up to 157 names and it gets bigger every day.

More names as of this post.

Itemloot
Doomstealer
Symbiosis
Impermeable
Bigworm
Trollian
Precedent
Bagmanian
Darkbuffs
Malfunction
Sangsong
Slowtimes
Fiat
Thejive
Gettnjiggywitit
Allgood

What's wrong with "Gettnjiggywitit"?

Yesimacleric
10-17-2016, 10:41 AM
Been here almost 2 years.. Still rockin my cleric bitches!

Lhancelot
10-17-2016, 01:06 PM
I'm ok with Trumpfingers, right?

As long as his surname is "Little`hands"

Kohedron
10-17-2016, 01:16 PM
My first character name back in the day was "Neutronium", a half elf warrior named after a type of bomb in Master of Orion II.

would that be allowed in P99?

Baler
10-17-2016, 01:43 PM
My first character name back in the day was "Neutronium", a half elf warrior named after a type of bomb in Master of Orion II.

would that be allowed in P99?

Technically no, it would not be allowed. However I can imagine it sliding.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neutronium
Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).

xKoopa
10-17-2016, 01:57 PM
Is toaster available? Sounds like something id like

Kohedron
10-17-2016, 03:54 PM
My next toon will be named Ismayonnaise Aninstrument

Baler
10-17-2016, 04:37 PM

Drunkendrood
Textbook
Aarinsbutt
Maxmez
Aalinobank
Dutchmasters
Bardless
Eyelikeit
Hamfists
Negromanncer
Santaclaws
Progression
Showmee

Llandris
10-17-2016, 04:42 PM
Negromanncer

Got him ;)

Lhancelot
10-17-2016, 04:44 PM
Got him ;)

Poor Negromanncer, his personal immersion has been crushed thanks to Baler. :(

Yoink1986
10-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Ruining people's characters 1 name at a time. Go u!?

86753o9
10-18-2016, 12:57 AM
Remember, reporting unclassic names is everyone's duty.

Raev
10-18-2016, 01:16 AM
My personal favorite was always Nagger Plz.

Got him ;)

But, did you also track down Negromancer, with one m? Because we know that's hanging around somewhere. Have you guys ever considered doing a namesquatter purge? On P99 half of the good names are L1s on people's accounts that never play. IIRC Elethia even posted evidence that it was classic.

Tankdan
10-18-2016, 01:31 AM
Classic GM/Guides changed their naming policy all the time. I lost and gained my name twice in Velious or Luclin.

Muggens
10-18-2016, 12:46 PM
Only name that ever actually bothered me was Period Bloodsipper...

Ugh yeah, Ive seen this char. Why petition tho? I just know who not to get much involved with in-game, names like that make it easy.
"Christthorn" and similar player names Id petition if I wasnt too lazy

Jontheripper
10-18-2016, 01:28 PM
Negrodamus is infinately better than negromancer anyhow.

Mortiis
10-18-2016, 01:45 PM
"fuckface"

Done. Thank you!

Baler
10-18-2016, 03:23 PM

Meanface
Crackshot
Fannypack
Noahstorm
Tenstrader
Lockets
Darknyght
Critshot
Asmalldruid
Bigtom
Flowerpudding
Grtmage
Coin
Strangebrew
Defibrillator

khanable
10-18-2016, 03:28 PM
Is toaster available? Sounds like something id like

that was the first name I had tried before going with cucumbers

the more you know ::shooting star::

maskedmelon
10-18-2016, 03:34 PM

Meanface
Crackshot
Fannypack
Noahstorm
Tenstrader
Lockets
Darknyght
Critshot
Asmalldruid
Bigtom
Flowerpudding
Grtmage
Coin
Strangebrew
Defibrillator

Flowerpudding is cute ^^Going to have to say I like Grtmage the least, followed closely by Defribrillator.

fadetree
10-18-2016, 03:41 PM
My next char shall be named "Immersion"

Whirled
10-18-2016, 03:48 PM
dibs on the following names:
Java Update
Last Inline
Picking Noses
Tobrag Ofpixels

StinkyGreenBud
10-18-2016, 06:52 PM

Meanface
Crackshot
Fannypack
Noahstorm
Tenstrader
Lockets
Darknyght
Critshot
Asmalldruid
Bigtom
Flowerpudding
Grtmage
Coin
Strangebrew
Defibrillator

Finally I made the list! But which one am I, eh?

maskedmelon
10-18-2016, 08:08 PM
Finally I made the list! But which one am I, eh?

Are you Flowerpudding?

StinkyGreenBud
10-18-2016, 08:14 PM
Are you Flowerpudding?

Nah, sorry I'm not the cute one. :(

bOONDOGGLE
10-18-2016, 10:29 PM
Defibrillator is awesome. He is Seb's friendly neighborhood rez hook-up.

bOONDOGGLE
10-18-2016, 10:29 PM
My next char shall be named "Immersion"

We've already got a guy named Utmost Immersion

bOONDOGGLE
10-18-2016, 10:30 PM
I'm still sad we lost Dickinabox, the EC Ogre

Jardaor
10-19-2016, 09:30 AM
http://i.imgur.com/VsgI5vY.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZnLXb5X.jpg

Just terrible. Someone is taking matters into their own hands.

maskedmelon
10-19-2016, 09:42 AM
http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad101/ohhwell0525/Forum%20Pics/EQ000730_zpszaaoava5.png

http://i926.photobucket.com/albums/ad101/ohhwell0525/Forum%20Pics/EQ000729_zpsivalfpe1.png

Just terrible. Someone is taking matters into their own hands.

need to imgur this :/ it super simple, just drag and drop then hover over upper right corner of uploaded image to get share links, copy the bbcode one, paste and voifuckingla, you have a nested pic for everyone to appreciate :3

Jardaor
10-19-2016, 09:59 AM
need to imgur this :/ it super simple, just drag and drop then hover over upper right corner of uploaded image to get share links, copy the bbcode one, paste and voifuckingla, you have a nested pic for everyone to appreciate :3

Thank you for the heads up with imgur. I thought I had used the tag correctly with photobucket..

Look what imgur did to my .bmp however!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9EF5oC7.png

Anyhow, converting to jpg and editing my post...

maskedmelon
10-19-2016, 10:04 AM
Thank you for the heads up with imgur. I thought I had used the tag correctly with photobucket..

mhmm ^^ your post look so much prettier now, don't it? They changed to imgur only a few month back.

Look what imgur did to my .bmp however!

[img]http://i.imgur.com/9EF5oC7.png

Anyhow, converting to jpg and editing my post...

Ooooo, that kinda weird. Don't think I've run into that before o.o

Jardaor
10-19-2016, 10:07 AM
mhmm ^^ your post look so much prettier now, don't it? They changed to imgur only a few month back.

Ooooo, that kinda weird. Don't think I've run into that before o.o

Yes, much more aesthetically pleasing and functional at the same time. Thank you. Photobucket is ad and script hell now days anyhow.

Yes, very odd with the bitmaps. It happened to both I had uploaded but oh well, Just one more step.

Baler
10-19-2016, 12:18 PM

Doxxmule
Fatjoe
Ecgear
Save
Spooniest
Thriftstore
Happychanlol
Bugeye
Wisesubstitute
Snakpak
Darkwyrm

DemonFirebrand
10-19-2016, 12:38 PM
I have to admit it is pretty jarring to read the rules, carefully name my character, then stumble over the corpse of Bigmclargehuge.

Spyder73
10-19-2016, 12:44 PM
guys, the naming policy is working as intended - Wu'Tang is safely subdued in the shadows while Bloodcock McRaper just got his Epic

Halfelfbard
10-19-2016, 01:13 PM
More names that violate the naming policy in EC as of this post.

Iholdjunk
Songtuner
Capcom
Nodeeps
Blazeone
Bladefuryy
Dmadman
Diverse
Shabuffya
Heydirty
Halfelf
Encumbert
Envenomed
Healsonwheels

Keep my name off ur dirty finger tips, you should feel honored to even type my name.

Adcid
10-19-2016, 01:43 PM

Slowjam

Woot! I made the list. Was referred by a guildie... Sadly my character last name was not included.:confused:

Its Slowjam Melody

Its been approved by Jimmy Fallon and President Obama...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziwYbVx_-qg

Plus is has its own Wiki page...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slow_jam

Similarly...
Baler
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baler

Now, I don't use Wiki as a credible source, but John Deere...
https://www.deere.com/en_US/products/equipment/hay_and_forage_equipment/balers/balers.page

Me thinks someone is trying to boost their post numbers.

Baler
10-19-2016, 01:47 PM
Similarly...
Baler
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baler

Now, I don't use Wiki as a credible source, but John Deere...
https://www.deere.com/en_US/products/equipment/hay_and_forage_equipment/balers/balers.page

I have been waiting for this! :)
That is in fact correct. Technically Baler is a violation of the Naming Policy! :eek:
Well done Adcid!

Not only that but it's a miss-spelling of a character from another video game.
http://mythipedia.wikia.com/wiki/Balor

Balor is the final, and most powerful, incarantion of the Leveler that is seen in the current age of Myth: The Fallen Lords. He is in command of the Fallen Lords, six sorcerers general of terrible power, who are trying to destroy the world with an army of undead, trow giants and terrible beasts.

I've been using the nickname Baler for over 18 years now. Though a few imposters pop up randomly every so often.
Fun fact there was a gnome mage on live back in the day named Baler. Wasn't me. you can find posts by him on alakazam.

Twochain
10-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Wasn't there a post like a year ago saying the 1,000,000th Blue character was created?

What do you expect?

Sure, if the server never saw more than 200 concurrent users, it would probably be a lot easier to enforce...

But at this point your just being a dick.

Baler
10-19-2016, 02:00 PM
I will post 10 more names tomorrow. I have over 30 names not listed yet. Mon-Fri 10 names that are in violation will be posted.
My list has surpassed 250 names so far.

Takes a person ~10 minutes to make a character lets say. Takes them a month+ to level 60.

Come on people show a little effort and think of a creative name. Don't just slap two words together or misspell a word. One mistake and everyone else has to suffer because you're lazy.

Edit: I'm also very surprised by how many people this thread has upset. Probably offenders of the policy.

But at this point you're just being a dick.
Fixed that for you.

GreldorEQ
10-19-2016, 02:15 PM
One mistake and everyone else has to suffer because you're lazy.

Literally, no one suffers.

skarlorn
10-19-2016, 04:46 PM
So Baler is a total piece of shit

Consider yourself petitioned

XeroKill
10-19-2016, 10:40 PM
This post is becoming a game. I check it regularly to see if any characters I have are on the list... it is very exciting.

skarlorn
10-20-2016, 04:27 AM
Hermionie Granger (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2384840#post2384840) is in direct violation of naming conventions. Please keep this Harry Potter Wood Elf Ranger trash out of my Classic(tm).

Thanks Llandris.

Jimjam
10-20-2016, 08:23 AM
Heh, Lowerbackpain. Great rogue name. Purge it!

Baler
10-20-2016, 11:58 AM

Woolyspider
Frostalf
Opened
Farsight
Decimation
Bagztofull
Healgoddess
Hider
Likmule
Pymp
Flipps

Lhancelot
10-20-2016, 12:53 PM

Woolyspider
Frostalf
Opened
Farsight
Decimation
Bagztofull
Healgoddess
Hider
Likmule
Pymp
Flipps

I have noticed a step up on making sure to name big guild player names in the last few lists... Are you deliberately targeting these guys? :eek:

Baler
10-20-2016, 01:05 PM
I have noticed a step up on making sure to name big guild player names in the last few lists... Are you deliberately targeting these guys? :eek:

Thanks for asking this as I have been meaning to clear the water on that subject.
The names in the lists I post are not targeted towards any specific race, class, guild or player group. It's 100% as I see the names I add them to the list. I also do a /who in east commons and if I don't find many I'll do a /w all 60, /w all 59, etc. I also don't only pick names at certain times of the day. When I look for names is totally random.

kgallowaypa
10-20-2016, 01:16 PM
How much is this part-time job paying you Baler?

Lhancelot
10-20-2016, 01:44 PM
Thanks for asking this as I have been meaning to clear the water on that subject.
The names in the lists I post are not targeted towards any specific race, class, guild or player group. It's 100% as I see the names I add them to the list. I also do a /who in east commons and if I don't find many I'll do a /w all 60, /w all 59, etc. I also don't only pick names at certain times of the day. When I look for names is totally random.

You wouldn't happen to be some sort of tax auditor IRL would you? Or, maybe a street police officer? Or, perhaps some sort of quality control specialist at a manufacturing company? Just saying, the dialogue you use sure sounds familiar! They always say "totally random" too. :rolleyes:

Jontheripper
10-20-2016, 02:00 PM
This thread belongs in RnF.

It is obviously a rant.

AxerJ
10-20-2016, 02:20 PM
I agree with the original intention of this thread. Devs probably dont enforce the policy because P99 isnt really just a game anymore - it's kind of become a social space for people who were into EQ to be able to interact. So the casual, comedy names, if they arent obscene, are allowed to let people just hang out casually. Itd definitely be more of a magical fantasy immersive game if the name policy was enforced, but I dont think that's what P1999 is now - and that's not surprising considering how old this experience is and how familiar most everyone who plays it already is with it.
That probably prevents the GMs from really enforcing the policy. But I agree that the policy should be MORE enforced - probably not how it shouldve been in 1999, but at least to get rid of the names that really kind of hurt to look at.

skarlorn
10-20-2016, 02:48 PM
Frostalf

pretty sure this name is OK balor

Lammy
10-20-2016, 03:35 PM
I would like to report myself for having a Gnome named 'Clarkey' that i leveled... as by definition it is clearly an inapropriate word.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=clarkey

I'm embarrassed now to play it, as i didn't realize its meaning at creation. If you want I have a more appropriate name picked out that can be used.

myriverse
10-20-2016, 04:28 PM
Frostalf

pretty sure this name is OK balor
Quite a few are.

Erati
10-20-2016, 04:41 PM
whats wrong with Farsight?

Cecily
10-20-2016, 05:22 PM
Double word names throw him into a rage it seems.

fadetree
10-20-2016, 06:11 PM
"Name Policy"

Ultimate right there.

Baler
10-20-2016, 06:12 PM
I am not upset, ranting or attempting to flame anyone. I apologize to anyone who feels this thread is any one of those things but it's not. I see names on P99 Blue that are violating the Naming Policy. I have tried the other methods of reporting them. Such as some of the offensive and lazy names in the past. Similar to what I mentioned in the OP.

I have chosen to try sharing names that I feel break the naming policy here on the forums. I have no intention of offending any of you or causing you distress. Frankly I'm mildly appalled by the people who are calling me names and flipping tables over such a trivial thread.

I care about Project 1999 and want to see it continue successfully into the future. I feel the Naming Policy is a key part of that success. Just because you don't mind seeing or grouping with someone who's name violates the naming policy doesn't mean that it is not a total turn off for other players.

Edit: I have also stated that not every name I list is potentially an offended in the most serious of manners. And that I list names that I feel violate the naming policy.
You can see that here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2381036&postcount=108

ridiculousmoose
10-20-2016, 08:28 PM
I am not upset, ranting or attempting to flame anyone. I apologize to anyone who feels this thread is any one of those things but it's not. I see names on P99 Blue that are violating the Naming Policy. I have tried the other methods of reporting them. Such as some of the offensive and lazy names in the past. Similar to what I mentioned in the OP.

I have chosen to try sharing names that I feel break the naming policy here on the forums. I have no intention of offending any of you or causing you distress. Frankly I'm mildly appalled by the people who are calling me names and flipping tables over such a trivial thread.

I care about Project 1999 and want to see it continue successfully into the future. I feel the Naming Policy is a key part of that success. Just because you don't mind seeing or grouping with someone who's name violates the naming policy doesn't mean that it is not a total turn off for other players.

Edit: I have also stated that not every name I list is potentially an offended in the most serious of manners. And that I list names that I feel violate the naming policy.
You can see that here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2381036&postcount=108

Not getting enough attention at home?

AxerJ
10-20-2016, 08:43 PM

Definitely agree - if the GMs keep letting most of the lame names slide, the atmosphere will definitely not be as inviting for new players. It'll more likely cause players who are more into that kind of humor/whatever to stick around. That could be OK, but itd be a bit of a different environment from classic EQ. But that's to be expected somewhat. Just wait for Pantheon, Baler =] What youre saying here is not weird at all.

Edit: Also, we should always keep in mind the GMs are volunteers and this whole project is for free, so they can't do everything. Remembering the reality of this project is good to understand where a bunch of other peoples' negativity stems from. We should probably thank the GMs and devs more, actually.

Jontheripper
10-20-2016, 09:54 PM
Baler is this an acceptable name? I'd hate to ruin someone's immersion.

Cecily
10-20-2016, 10:15 PM
Definitely agree - if the GMs keep letting most of the lame names slide, the atmosphere will definitely not be as inviting for new players. It'll more likely cause players who are more into that kind of humor/whatever to stick around. That could be OK, but itd be a bit of a different environment from classic EQ. But that's to be expected somewhat. Just wait for Pantheon, Baler =] What youre saying here is not weird at all.

Disagree. I was fully immersed in Lineage II, and had plenty of fun killing farmers and people (there's a difference) like Happynono, Blackboss, Rob1nhood, G4briel, DarkDD, and Littlecat.

skarlorn
10-20-2016, 10:26 PM
wipe the unused char names (i'm sitting on Lutewhore, the lvl 1 bard that someday I may send to EC Tunnel)

Evia
10-20-2016, 10:54 PM
I care about Project 1999 and want to see it continue successfully into the future. I feel the Naming Policy is a key part of that success.

LOL

kgallowaypa
10-20-2016, 11:32 PM
I think given Baler's success in getting one out of the..what 172 names hes posted in this thread, renamed? /thread will soon surpass BDA to phinny in views and post count by January of Next year.

XeroKill
10-20-2016, 11:49 PM

Edit: Also, we should always keep in mind the GMs are volunteers and this whole project is for free, so they can't do everything. Remembering the reality of this project is good to understand where a bunch of other peoples' negativity stems from. We should probably thank the GMs and devs more, actually.

I am really starting to wonder how many of you actually played Classic EQ... my best friend that got me started in this game was a Human Cleric named Talking Shit on the Cazic Thule server. He was created on the day of launch and he held that name all the way through Planes of Power at which point we both quit playing. Never got reported, never got renamed. We even had several titles added to our names over the years, so it isn't as if a GM never noticed. One of our guild's top Paladins was named Sir Tingling Ballz the Champion of Norrath. In fact, there were far more dipshit names in our guild than lore-friendly names. Not one immersion was harmed in the raiding of our guild. Tunare be praised!

I don't know why anyone is convinced that this is somehow endemic to a newer generation of gamers or the ever decreasing maturity of the MMO scene... this has been a thing since things could even be things. I bet the first cave paintings that we think are some testimonial to the wilderness or some other mystical BS is really just one caveman dubbing himself Sir Butts McFace the Third and he wanted it recorded for posterity sake. Have we really become the curmudgeonly old men of gaming, sitting in our 8-bit yards yelling at the kids to turn down their graphics?

Jimjam
10-21-2016, 02:12 AM
whats wrong with Farsight?

Double word names throw him into a rage it seems.

I'm not sure...
"Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer)."

... Maybe Farsight is a name from another intellectual property?

myriverse
10-21-2016, 09:22 AM
I care about Project 1999 and want to see it continue successfully into the future.
You realize that many of the names you object to were cool during classic Live. Right?

Muggens
10-21-2016, 09:49 AM
Definitely agree - if the GMs keep letting most of the lame names slide, the atmosphere will definitely not be as inviting for new players. It'll more likely cause players who are more into that kind of humor/whatever to stick around. That could be OK, but itd be a bit of a different environment from classic EQ. But that's to be expected .

You know you sound insane right?

Jontheripper
10-21-2016, 10:36 AM
You know you sound insane right?

Im convinced he is a grandmaster ruseman.

Braknar
10-21-2016, 11:49 AM
http://i.imgur.com/q2ik5.gif

Thulack
10-21-2016, 11:52 AM

Better be careful. Your name is just bra with rank spelled backwards after it. Baler might be coming for you next.

thufir
10-21-2016, 11:54 AM
this thread has rustled more people than all of RnF has rustled all year

Spyder73
10-21-2016, 12:48 PM
Wu'Tang

Jimjam
10-21-2016, 12:51 PM

'Bra' is a Hawaiian slang title, roughly equivalent to 'Sir'. You and Sirken better keep an eye on each other ;).

Blitzers
10-21-2016, 01:44 PM

I find the name Muhammad offensive fucker murdered thousands of innocents yet it's the most popular name in the world...

Something's not right bro...

Pumpedup
10-21-2016, 02:39 PM
my name is muhammed you mad?

you gonna do something with that fat face?

Baler
10-21-2016, 02:57 PM

Steeltoe
Fastcar
Rabbittrick
Rezpect
Legday
Tanksalot
Crunchberry
Tarskin
Sellabit
Feedback
Stabbystabby

kgallowaypa
10-21-2016, 03:30 PM

Steeltoe
Fastcar
Rabbittrick
Rezpect
Legday
Tanksalot
Crunchberry
Tarskin
Sellabit
Feedback
Stabbystabby

going for the killshot

Lhancelot
10-21-2016, 03:45 PM

Steeltoe
Fastcar
Rabbittrick
Rezpect
Legday
Tanksalot
Crunchberry
Tarskin
Sellabit
Feedback
Stabbystabby

Baler, this is a great troll post.

By adding names continuously, you have found the perfect recipe to keep people rustled, because eventually nearly every player on the server will find one of their alt's names on your lists!

I have to say though, when you place names on the list like "Crunchberry", or "Legday" you are stretching. These names with two separate words in them are not violating any policy whatsoever.

But, you know that. :p

8/10

fadetree
10-21-2016, 03:50 PM
Yawn. No, not the name, just my feeling about this thread.

tobolamr
10-21-2016, 04:00 PM

By adding names continuously, you have found the perfect recipe to keep people rustled, because eventually nearly every player on the server will find one of their alt's names on your lists!

Is Baler part of <Rustle> ? That would be even more ironic and hilarious!

Lhancelot
10-21-2016, 04:02 PM
Is Baler part of <Rustle> ? That would be even more ironic and hilarious!

That's a great question! Enquiring minds want to know!

Baler
10-21-2016, 04:04 PM
I am not in any guild on blue or red.

Jontheripper
10-21-2016, 04:22 PM
The following names are considered unacceptable.
Vile, profane, rude, or racist names including common swear words, anatomical references, racial slurs, and homonyms of these words.
Combinations of words that produce an offensive result (e.g. Hugeazz, Tug Mcgroin).
Names of religious, occult, or significant historic origin (e.g. Jesus, Allah, Satan, Stalin).
Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).
Names from popular media. These names can be either fictional (e.g. Rambo, Darthvader) or non-fictional (e.g. Garth Brooks, Pierce Brosnan, George Washington, Michael Jordan).
Common words and phrases that would not be found in the time, place and setting of EverQuest (e.g. Switchblade, Phaser, Toaster, Cannabis).
Proper names from EverQuest (e.g. Rathe, Karana). This also includes the first or last name of any significant EverQuest NPC (e.g. Dorn, Trumpy, Karn).
Any form of a name similar to current or past Project 1999 Staff (e.g. Nilbog, Rogean, Sirken).
Names chosen with the intent or possessed with the effect of harming the reputation of a player or Staff member.
Forenames containing titles within them, such as, but not limited to: The, Lord, Lady, Master, King, Knight, Sir, Father (e.g. Sirtallon, Lordeagle, Mothermaggy, Darksister).
Names that contain sentences (Ikillorcs), phrases (Ontop), or two or more words that do not form descriptive compound words (Petcarbob, Diediedie and Tablechair).
Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).
Descriptive compound words (each separate part of the word and the entire word) must otherwise adhere to all other naming rules.
Fantasy-oriented names which are easily recognized from popular existing media (e.g. Merlin, Gandalf, Drizzt).
Names where the combination of the first and last name forms a phrase or violate a previous rule (e.g. Crymea River, Bran Muffin, Story Thyme).

Descriptive compound words are allowed in first names and are encouraged in surnames (e.g. Treehugger, Giantslayer).

e.g. Treehugger
e.g. Treehugger
e.g. Treehugger
e.g. Treehugger

Does treehugger trigger you Baler?

tobolamr
10-21-2016, 04:24 PM
I think you started to stutter there at the end, Jon... lol

To me... I believe that if it's not offensive or blatantly idiotic, it's passable. But I also believe there are countless creative names to be made that fit in a fantasy setting such as P1999. But what do I know?

vincenzo
10-21-2016, 04:49 PM
Bran Muffin is legit an amazing name. Respect.

tobolamr
10-21-2016, 05:33 PM
OK this is my last post in this thread... I swear!

Yes, Bran Muffin is a legit name. It is definitely regular.

:D

No disrespect meant - just trying to bring a smile to your day.

86753o9
10-22-2016, 07:58 AM
How do we go about reporting bad player names?

Thulack
10-22-2016, 08:10 AM
I would like to report Baler for using a name of farm equipment in Everquest. He is killing my Immersion.

A1rh3ad
10-22-2016, 08:53 AM
Seriously guy? I'm all for immersion but names in an RPG can sometimes be unorthodox and still work. All you need to do is think of them as player's nicknames. In the end the nameplate above your head is what people call you. It does not need to be your birth name. Some names listed are pushing the limit but most are just innocent aliases. And PS. As a DM on a RP D&D night I would accept "Bran Muffin" as a viable alias.

Kaosfury
10-22-2016, 08:58 AM
Lol on blue.....orc lift.

Dead corpse named "Skankipuss"

Naw its ok.. im sure his / her toon rps a constant yeast infection

bOONDOGGLE
10-22-2016, 08:47 PM
Baler is this an acceptable name? I'd hate to ruin someone's immersion.

You da real mvp

NachtMystium
10-23-2016, 11:06 AM
People like Baler are seriously, 100% complete aspies irl and just need to play single player games. Please stay away frome me.

Also, people could interpret your name as "baller" aka a slang term used irl, you need to change it now because it interferes with my immersion.

Baler
10-24-2016, 06:53 PM

Enchamber
Hippopotamus
Evilgiant
Evilghost
Mindyour
Scalystones
Auctionere
Fumbledip
Rabidgnome
Probability
Antihealthy

Lhancelot
10-24-2016, 07:12 PM

Enchamber
Hippopotamus
Evilgiant
Evilghost
Mindyour
Scalystones
Auctionere
Fumbledip
Rabidgnome
Probability
Antihealthy

Wonder what happened to the ogre named "Bodyofchrist"? Would that make your list, Baler? :p

RDawg816
10-24-2016, 08:24 PM
Also, people could interpret your name as "baller" aka a slang term used irl, you need to change it now because it interferes with my immersion.
Your not being able to read is ruining your immersion, unless you're roleplaying, in which case your immersion is next level.

Jontheripper
10-24-2016, 10:24 PM

Enchamber
Hippopotamus
Evilgiant
Evilghost
Mindyour
Scalystones
Auctionere
Fumbledip
Rabidgnome
Probability
Antihealthy

How the hell do you interpret fumbledip as a bad name, sounds like a perfectly fine gnome name to me.

I am reading it as Fumble-dip, reading it as fumbled-IP is the only way i could see it being immersion breaking. In which case you are going out of your way to break your own immersion and for that you should be ashamed.

Kaosfury
10-24-2016, 10:29 PM
Another corpse by orc lift

Turdlikr

/facepalm

snowshower
10-25-2016, 12:55 AM
My character's name is Harambo, can I petition to get my own name changed, for immersion purposes?

Baler2016

Salamarr
10-25-2016, 01:47 AM
My character's name is Harambo, can I petition to get my own name changed, for immersion purposes?

Baler2016

you will need to request an audience of the p99 naming committee. Would speaker of the house of thule please begin the motion?

fadetree
10-25-2016, 09:12 AM
Cmon, guys, he's just trolling. It's epic for sure, grade a+ premium, but it's gone on long enough. Besides, I feel irritated he hasn't mentioned my name, TWO KNOWN ENGLISH WORDS stuck together, each of which could be used in scrabble at any moment. Although it's pronounced fah-det-ree.

Cecily
10-25-2016, 09:35 AM
You don't get to decide how your name is pronounced.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 09:39 AM
Although it's pronounced fah-det-ree.

BS. "Fadetree" is obviously pronounced "Fade-tree".

fadetree
10-25-2016, 10:00 AM
Dang, i was hoping I did. Thanks, kekily.

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 10:35 AM
My name is pronounced Mesquite-MAY-rone

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 11:02 AM
My name is pronounced Mesquite-MAY-rone

Duh. How else would someone pronounce it?

maskedmelon
10-25-2016, 11:14 AM
Duh. How else would someone pronounce it?

Well, yes it should go without saying, though I've seen people read it as Musket-Milan, Ma's-Cat-Mail-On, Mass-Keyed-Me-Loan, My-Skeet-Mail-Own, Mazgd-Mellun and so on. I can tell by the way they type it that they are pronouncing it incorrectly.

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 12:57 PM
Well, yes it should go without saying, though I've seen people read it as Musket-Milan, Ma's-Cat-Mail-On, Mass-Keyed-Me-Loan, My-Skeet-Mail-Own, Mazgd-Mellun and so on. I can tell by the way they type it that they are pronouncing it incorrectly.

Yeah I can relate. It's always clear when people have accents too by how they type, so easy to pick out a southern drawl. I stay away from these people btw.

Heavenzoutcast
10-25-2016, 02:39 PM
23 pages and my characters name still isn't on your list.

Baler
10-25-2016, 04:57 PM
more names as of this post:

Winchester
Fashionquest
Elephant
Webporter
Lilbuddy
Chillwin
Chilis
Peachesncream
Casters
Baikabank
Doctordoomx

Lhancelot
10-25-2016, 05:03 PM
Only reported one name in however many years. Reggin.

Does this mean you would also petition to have the character named "Lana" changed too?

myriverse
10-25-2016, 05:05 PM
Winchester? Perfectly fine name.

Heavenzoutcast
10-25-2016, 05:50 PM
http://www.trademarkia.com/baler-74195284.html

Copyrighted or trademarked names of products, characters, services, or concepts (e.g. Bigmac, Marlboro, Sony).

I'm just sayin...

kgallowaypa
10-26-2016, 08:50 AM
whoa WHOA, we cant let this /thread out, bring it back to #1 viewed on server chat, cmon motherfuckers cmon https://youtu.be/ETfiUYij5UE

Baler
10-26-2016, 04:03 PM

Facemeetmace
Portmachine
Turrible
Jerks
Aceking
Portsworth
Weavings
Consumer
Magicadespell
Fistwin
Stillsong

skarlorn
10-26-2016, 04:22 PM

Facemeetmace
Portmachine
Turrible
Jerks
Aceking
Portsworth
Weavings
Consumer
Magicadespell
Fistwin
Stillsong
Good work

Lhancelot
10-26-2016, 04:25 PM
whoa WHOA, we cant let this /thread out, bring it back to #1 viewed on server chat, cmon motherfuckers cmon https://youtu.be/ETfiUYij5UE

Did you mean, "woe, woe"?

bOONDOGGLE
10-26-2016, 06:33 PM
Is this the new AoN/CoF thread

Baler
10-27-2016, 11:58 AM

Longpunch
Chachachacharlie
Nitelife
Snackreationist
Watchmyfeet
Stinkypoker
Transylvania
Wildirish
Middleaged
Maybeilleat
Bigwig

Erati
10-27-2016, 12:44 PM
lol a Snack name snuck into this thread

Nibblewitz
10-27-2016, 12:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsUmP1PGBGE

RIP Baler

maskedmelon
10-27-2016, 03:34 PM

Facemeetmace
Portmachine
Turrible
Jerks
Aceking
Portsworth
Weavings
Consumer
Magicadespell
Fistwin
Stillsong

Longpunch
Chachachacharlie
Nitelife
Snackreationist
Watchmyfeet
Stinkypoker
Transylvania
Wildirish
Middleaged
Maybeilleat
Bigwig

Ok, those are all terrible, except Stillsong, which I think is fine.

Lhancelot
10-27-2016, 05:54 PM
Ok, those are all terrible, except Stillsong, which I think is fine.

I like "Bigwig", reminds me of my favorite rabbit character in the book Watership Down.

picklefixer
10-27-2016, 07:02 PM
I was making a quick run down to guk when i turned the corner at the entrance and who did i see? Non other than he himself, the one they call Oatmeal Cookie...jesus christ i started laughing my ass off and immediately thought of this thread!

+1

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig 60 Druid
Mrshamtastik 59 Shammy

Baler
10-28-2016, 04:35 PM

Midrange
Display
Pimping
Yodaa
Grumpsworth
Thenewgirl
Sgtmorris
Deadweather
Rich
Solidlizard
Dorff

A1rh3ad
10-28-2016, 06:02 PM
Lol grumpsworth. I saw that person. Not exactly an immersion breaking name. Honestly if the GMs made me change my name from grumpsworth I probably wouldnt play anymore.

Lhancelot
10-28-2016, 07:33 PM
I seen a Sparklepuss today. I bet that name will make the list. :p

Evia
10-29-2016, 01:32 AM

Midrange
Display
Pimping
Yodaa
Grumpsworth
Thenewgirl
Sgtmorris
Deadweather
Rich
Solidlizard
Dorff

Wtf is wrong with Rich? That's just a regular name....

Xaanka
10-29-2016, 02:44 AM
every single one of my characters violates the naming policy and some of them are outright vulgar, my first main's name is a euphemism for an erect penis. if your name is funny and you aren't completely autistic the staff are a lot more flexible. for the most part they are human beings who will make your life easier if you aren't a pain in the ass for them to deal with, no one likes doing CSR here and all the staff gets driven off because everyone here flips out when they get reported for anything. be chill and u can usually keep your name. i got to keep all mine the entire time i played & i was reported a lot. hope this helps.

Lhancelot
10-29-2016, 05:22 PM
I feel like contributing to this thread. I have had a change of heart.

I too, feel my immersion is being destroyed piece by piece, brick by brick every time I see some awful, unimaginative name in our sacred home called Norrath!

Let's make Norrath great again, and root out the names that are defiling P99.

Instead of pretending to care, and creating dialogue, we should all contribute to Norrathian society and manifest our own lists, just as Baler has started.

Let's all take a figurative knee, and join figurative hands with Baler on this. Let's start creating lists with him.

Together anything is possible, without one another there is nothing.

Eatz Poop
Darkbuffs
Terdstomper
Novasun
Juliaroberts
Fatjoe
Loanwolf
Nubztrader
Redbank
Stockmarket
Envenomed Bolt
Bankgirl
Thriftstore
Skunkbutt
Moonswarm
Donkeyplushorse
Thebomb Diggity
Gwarchik
Bererez Imgay
Boxtruck Rhino

Took me a full 30 secs to find these despicable names. Imagine if you spent 20-30 mins, how many you'd find? I don't want to even think about it.

Champion_Standing
10-29-2016, 06:09 PM

Midrange
Display
Pimping
Yodaa
Grumpsworth
Thenewgirl
Sgtmorris
Deadweather
Rich
Solidlizard
Dorff

GMs plz ban Rich, so immerision breaking

fragmaster
10-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Bererez Imgay

:eek:

Jontheripper
10-29-2016, 07:57 PM
I feel like contributing to this thread. I have had a change of heart.

I too, feel my immersion is being destroyed piece by piece, brick by brick every time I see some awful, unimaginative name in our sacred home called Norrath!

Let's make Norrath great again, and root out the names that are defiling P99.

Instead of pretending to care, and creating dialogue, we should all contribute to Norrathian society and manifest our own lists, just as Baler has started.

Let's all take a figurative knee, and join figurative hands with Baler on this. Let's start creating lists with him.

Together anything is possible, without one another there is nothing.

Eatz Poop
Darkbuffs
Terdstomper
Novasun
Juliaroberts
Fatjoe
Loanwolf
Nubztrader
Redbank
Stockmarket
Envenomed Bolt
Bankgirl
Thriftstore
Skunkbutt
Moonswarm
Donkeyplushorse
Thebomb Diggity
Gwarchik
Bererez Imgay
Boxtruck Rhino

Took me a full 30 secs to find these despicable names. Imagine if you spent 20-30 mins, how many you'd find? I don't want to even think about it.

Woo my alt made this list finally

Baler
10-31-2016, 10:20 AM

Skipme
Uglylizard
Snacketh
Solotime
Robokid
Irishbrain
Kickinback
Twerkcity