PDA

View Full Version : The Legendary Horn of Hsagra - Rogues Only

l2kgaming
09-30-2016, 01:55 PM
The Legendary Horn of Hsagra

First of all, apologies if this has been mentioned before.

Has anyone used this weapon on their rogue in combination with Ragebringer.

My question is, main or offhand? anything to back it up?

azeth
09-30-2016, 02:05 PM
Depends on what you're fighting. But it's a pretty negligible DPS difference regardless of making a min/max decision.

Fighting a high ac raid mob? Mainhand.

Fighting shit in Sebilis? Offhand.

l2kgaming
09-30-2016, 02:15 PM
Depends on what you're fighting. But it's a pretty negligible DPS difference regardless of making a min/max decision.

I dont think I can get a better answer than that. Thanks Azeth!

skarlorn
09-30-2016, 03:17 PM
Bush
Knocked
On
My
Towee
Door

maskedmelon
09-30-2016, 03:20 PM
Bush
Knocked
On
My
Towee
Door

lurk
10-01-2016, 02:12 AM
Im sure the situational anwer is correct..

But when is it worth giving up the attack from epic for a better weapon?

paulgiamatti
10-01-2016, 05:46 AM
when is it worth giving up the attack from epic for a better weapon?

When you have Mrylokar's Dagger of Vengeance (http://wiki.project1999.com/Mrylokar%60s_Dagger_of_Vengeance) and a Primal Velium Spear (http://wiki.project1999.com/Primal_Velium_Spear).

lurk
10-01-2016, 07:41 AM
Ya avatar is nice but would myrlos + hsagra outdamage epic? Probably

How much difference does the attack make?

paulgiamatti
10-01-2016, 07:49 AM
A lot. Seething Fury is something like +70 ATK - and actually, Mrylokar's Dagger is probably something you'd bag for Ragebringer during any boss fight because lifetaps are a shitton of aggro. So I mean yeah in a straight up parse Mrylo's Dagger + Horn of Hsagra will outdamage Ragebringer + Horn of Hsagra, but that's providing the mob never turns around and starts beating you for siphoning 30 HP, killing your chances at backstabbing.

At the end of the day Ragebringer + Horn will net more total damage because they're just safer - the mob will always have its back to you and you'll hit all your backstabs. In a boss fight, it's not a question of whether you're hitting all of your backstabs - the first time it turns on you you're dead and you may have just wiped the raid. So ultimately Mrylo's Dagger is just a weapon that's amazingly awesome, but you'll probably only use it for less serious stuff like soloing, grouping, and lower-tier pushover bosses.

lurk
10-01-2016, 09:45 AM
How many myrlos even exist? I doubt the proc is much agro. Id never bag it.

But lets say two 13/20 weps vs epic and one 13/20. Whats comes out ahead?

azeth
10-01-2016, 10:30 AM
some combos beat Ragebringer. Vyemms Fang + Claw of Lightning for sure does for me, as did Dragonspine Rapier + Flame Encrusted Short Sword when I used that earlier into velious.

Lowako
10-01-2016, 01:15 PM
Isn't the pre-buff version of mrylokars in the game? If so, I believe vyemm's fang is currently the best mainhand option for rogues. I've been using Vyemm fang MH and RB OH with pretty great success. If I get my hands on a weapon with a .7 or above ratio I will probably do some parsing of that vs ragebringer. I personally would lose 6% haste, but even if I didn't I don't see the ATK loss being worth it. The only weapons I can see outperforming RB in offhand would be baton of flame or claw of lightning (this is assuming vyemm fang in mainhand). The trickiest part is going to be parsing the backstab damage difference because of loss of RB ATK, due to the very fickle nature of backstab, but parsing regular hits shouldnt be too bad. However, I currently do not have the weapons/DKP to test this, so maybe someone else has some neat parses to share

fan D
10-01-2016, 05:10 PM
good lord a bunch of people who will never have a mryolkar dagger or any of these weapons talking about them

seek help u shitters

paulgiamatti
10-01-2016, 06:08 PM
You've injured my pixel pride :*(

AzzarTheGod
10-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Bush
Knocked
On
My
Towee
Door

l2kgaming
10-08-2016, 03:12 PM

How much AC on a Mob would you consider "High AC". 400+?

azeth
10-08-2016, 04:35 PM
How much AC on a Mob would you consider "High AC". 400+?

i guess i meant raid mob type AC. unsure the #, but its notably higher on some targets versus others

Freakish
10-09-2016, 02:35 PM
i guess i meant raid mob type AC. unsure the #, but its notably higher on some targets versus others

Kael targets seem to have high ac, dragons having a less and anything kunark and below being pincushions without any notable ac.