PDA

View Full Version : Low level pet 2 handers

renegadeofunk
09-29-2016, 05:59 PM
When it comes to giving 2 handed weapons to lowbie pets is there a maximum that their damage can be increased? If I give a level 4 pet a Sarnak Battlehammer will it start swinging for 60 damage?

Also, what are the cheapest & easiest to get high damage weapons for this?

Thanks!

Darkatar
09-29-2016, 06:28 PM
Unsure of the limits myself, I can attest, however, that there is a hidden "nopet" flag on http://wiki.project1999.com/Weighted_Axe

Ravager
09-29-2016, 06:34 PM
I've given the fire pet from Brazier of Elemental Summoning (like a level 12 pet) a Wu's Quivering Staff and it doubled 47 if I remember right, it's a bargain PL like 700p for 15+ levels.

renegadeofunk
09-30-2016, 11:53 AM
Oh right I forgot about the Brazier of Elemental Summoning, thanks for the tip. What zone did you use it in? Crushbone seems kinda risky even if its the best xp modifier. Maybe its better to be safe and just do Steamfont or something?

tristantio
09-30-2016, 12:54 PM
The NO PET flag isn't supposed to be on Weighted Axe, I filed a bug report years ago, but I don't think it ever got resolved (there was a, 'pets are strong enough' type answer, and there was no desire to fix).

I would use something like brazier in a zone that has lots of safe AFK spots.

Jimjam
09-30-2016, 12:55 PM
I used a weighted axe on a pet on live and it worked, a few years later it didn't.

I think they changed pets so they couldn't use 50+ delay weapons? Way beyond the scope of our server anyway.

Ravager
09-30-2016, 01:22 PM
Oh right I forgot about the Brazier of Elemental Summoning, thanks for the tip. What zone did you use it in? Crushbone seems kinda risky even if its the best xp modifier. Maybe its better to be safe and just do Steamfont or something?
I used it in North Ro, good enough level spread, easy to get single mobs and plenty of places to sit undisturbed when you want to take breaks and guards to run to just in case. There's probably more efficient places though.

Crawdad
09-30-2016, 05:02 PM
Argent Defender (http://wiki.project1999.com/Argent_Defender) was where I stopped looking when I wanted cheap/high damage 2handers for lowbie pets.