PDA

View Full Version : Which TWO post Velious expansions would you most like to see added to p99 and why?

Jimjam
09-22-2016, 02:31 PM
Project1999 stops at Velious. We have two expansions.

Everquest however has a bajillion expansions.

If you could add TWO more expansions, which would they be, why would you choose those two and how would you tweak them?

xKoopa
09-22-2016, 02:36 PM
Luclin pop

No tweaking necessary

skarlorn
09-22-2016, 02:38 PM
Luclin because halfling hybrids
PoP cause more Bristlebane action

Sage Truthbearer
09-22-2016, 02:47 PM
My favorite eras in EQ are the Classic/Kunark and Luclin/PoP. Velious always was a weak expansion.

RDawg816
09-22-2016, 03:27 PM
LoY for Frogloks and mounts
LDoN for instanced grouping, easy travel, and getting gear legit (through factions).

myriverse
09-22-2016, 03:28 PM
Luclin and PoP. Cats! -- The sexiest EQ race evar! And planar stuff. I'm really not a big fan of PoP, but those are the only two options for me. Everything after was utterly trash.

paulgiamatti
09-22-2016, 03:31 PM
I would totally be down with Luclin + PoP assuming the character models don't come along for the ride. Not gonna happen so long as Lord nilbog runs the show though.

lowner411
09-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Luclin for the Vah Shir bards! And nothing else.

Whirled
09-22-2016, 03:45 PM
shared bank
fish bone darts
greedy beggar in BbMts

aMindAmok
09-22-2016, 03:53 PM
SoL and.... well nothing. Starting at PoP it went down hill fast.

supermonk
09-22-2016, 03:55 PM
I would totally be down with Luclin + PoP assuming the character models don't come along for the ride. Not gonna happen so long as Lord nilbog runs the show though.

I read something a while ago that dev's would consider putting custom content. like traveling from the planes via old world zones, e.g. getting to the plane of water via kedge.

Tethler
09-22-2016, 03:56 PM
PoP was my all-time favorite. Other than that I'm kinda torn between Luclin and LoY. Luclin had some fun raids, but I liked playable froglok quite a lot as well.

Kotopes
09-22-2016, 03:58 PM
SoL/PoP without all the stuff like nexus, bazaar and PoK books. For me GoD was the expansion that broke EQ for me..

Evia
09-22-2016, 04:09 PM
I read something a while ago that dev's would consider putting custom content. like traveling from the planes via old world zones, e.g. getting to the plane of water via kedge.

I like this idea. Also utilize the really interesting Luclin zones in old world connections. Without the whole "going to the moon" thing.

Brontus
09-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Planes of Power without the portal books.
Legacy of Ykesha.

Lagaidh
09-22-2016, 05:35 PM
I'll throw in my voice for Luclin and PoP.

Luclin for AAs, PoP for content.

Still though, fuck cats on the moon.

"Does he mean, fuck cats, while on the moon?"

Perhaps.

Perhaps...

Lojik
09-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Veil of Alaris and the broken mirror

Matalus
09-22-2016, 07:16 PM
Luclin would be best, would make it so much better bringing AA's into the game. If I had to pick another PoP, had some fun encounters there

bigboycom
09-22-2016, 09:07 PM
Legacy of Ykesha.
When EQ was running in China, Legacy of Ykesha released before LUC..
And it was a lot fun..A lot small group content which is most none raid players need. And you fight there without AA. So it will be not that easy.

ZiggyTheMuss
09-22-2016, 09:11 PM
SoL and.... well nothing. Starting at PoP it went down hill fast.

I agree with this. Once the PoK books were in the game it was the beginning of the end.

Teppler
09-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Kunark is probably my favorite expansion. Great lore, level increase, iksar race ect. The problems on p99 shouldn't reflect poorly on it. We had like 10 years of it compared to not even a year on live?

LoY because from what I remember, it didn't change the fundamentals of the EQ world and game much. Subtle expansions FTW.

Kunark and LoY. Basically I think these two added magic to the world whiles others did things that took away. Velious 3rd.

maskedmelon
09-22-2016, 09:19 PM
Which xpac would remove lizards and add Erinyes?

maskedmelon
09-22-2016, 09:23 PM
THE ONLY EXPANSION YOU NERDS ARE GOING TO SEE IS

CHARDOK 2.0, NOVEMBER 2019

ANKLESMAHER!!!

GIMMME DATS!

Halfelfbard
09-23-2016, 12:08 AM
Luclin no bazaar, and LoY for the frogs...I have the name Froglok aswell.

Jimjam
09-23-2016, 05:09 AM
LoY for Frogloks and mounts
LDoN for instanced grouping, easy travel, and getting gear legit (through factions).

These would be my choices too, they expand Norrath and their storylines tie together too. Customising gear with augs was nice, plus LoY added a mini-torpor for shamans in their mid 40s!

I think SoE did an expansion about the Sleeper. It would be cool to have that tuned for level 60/no AA modified to be a quest for putting the Sleeper back to bed. But I guess that would be more custom content than anything.

Maciver
09-23-2016, 05:50 AM
When LoY was released we had recently re rolled on a new server. Small group of friends and I. Was playing a shaman at the time, was a great expansion!

The new shaman heal was nice.

Wasn't shared bank in with this one? Would like to see that here.

On top of that the content was just a lot of fun. The group-able events were challenging for fresh characters, and the loot was great. I kept going back to this place to mess about on the shaman even after i out leveled it. I remember soloing broodmother was quite a feat for me.

Guess you know where my vote is at hehe.

Ravager
09-23-2016, 05:50 AM
Bloodmoon and Tribunal because Morrowind is a better game, fetchers.

Faiding
09-23-2016, 06:19 AM
Luclin and LoY because they're of the few expansions that manage to improve the game without dumbing it down by almost completely nullifying previous mechanics.

The game should have shipped with maps, shared bank and AAs (at least to some extent) from day one.

Culkasi
09-23-2016, 06:32 AM
Luclin with no bazaar, PoP scaled to level 60 and without PoK.

I also kinda like LDoN but without the ability to port between the camps and again scaled down rewards to fit with luclin/pop loot

valaka
09-23-2016, 09:18 AM
Pop / ldon

lonmoer
09-23-2016, 09:35 AM
Most likely the agreement signed by P99 barred them from releasing expansions past velious. Never gonna happen.

Daldaen
09-23-2016, 09:58 AM
Luclin and PoP with no changes.

So much raid content the racing and poopsocking will cease to exist.

Jimjam
09-23-2016, 10:03 AM
I believe OP acknowledges that this thread is wishlisting.

Anyway,

Despite my own love of it, I'm surprised by the number of people bigging up LoY, I remember on live a lot of complaints about it being half an expansion/lacking content.

Kruel
09-23-2016, 10:27 AM
I actually liked Luclin and POP. Although with only 1k players everything would seem so empty

I would LOVE to see custom zones maybe one at a time - with items from SOL (non OP items) or with rare chances for illusion items to drop, primals again etc. Make the quest to get into the zone super tough - so that not everyone can just wiki the quest and finish it asap.

Make some of the quest items from TOV dragons / kunark dragons / old world dragons. Would be awesome to have a progression like that.

Make the custom zone a dungeon crawl or a guild instanced zone - once every 10 days or something. Would be awesome

xKoopa
09-23-2016, 10:32 AM
I believe OP acknowledges that this thread is wishlisting.

Anyway,

Despite my own love of it, I'm surprised by the number of people bigging up LoY, I remember on live a lot of complaints about it being half an expansion/lacking content.

I thought LoY was really just a mid lvl expansion? Seemed aimed at lvl 30-40 ppl. Did it even have a raid mob? Dont remember any

Jimjam
09-23-2016, 10:38 AM
It had innoruuk.

Just remembered another great thing about LoY, illusion potions.

Bummey
09-23-2016, 10:58 AM
Luclin and PoP or Gates and Omens. EQ's best raiding was contained in those expansions. Although, I'm never going to join Awakened or Aftermath, so it's not like I'll get to raid the good stuff anyways.

Harmonicdeth
09-23-2016, 10:58 AM
People who hate on PoK books played Druids/Wizards..personally I liked them as I am a soloer and ports aren't always available. The Bazaar is fun too...I liked it cause I could sell stuff while afk..those who dislike that either had horrible PC's who couldn't handle that load or like to price gouge in EC...

I loved SoL and PoP both awesome expansions that added so much content to the game...I was also a ranger main so AA's were the best addition to rangering.

LoY was cool I guess, froggies were fun but I disliked the pirate theme.

fadetree
09-23-2016, 11:55 AM
I'm with Dal, Luclin and PoP. I'd be ok with no unnecessary books and no bazaar, though.

Yoink1986
09-23-2016, 12:20 PM
100% Luclin and PoP.

myriverse
09-23-2016, 12:34 PM
I think the low population might be the most objective argument against further expansions.

liveitup1216
09-23-2016, 12:38 PM
Luclin and PoP if they removed PoK, Nexus, Bazaar, Vah Shir, and aliens.

kagrobb
09-23-2016, 01:03 PM
They can add aa's without adding Luclin. PoP via the hole or kedge or posky or the fire wall in fear or maybe inny found a way to pop or the Eurds found a way to POK ... There are so many ways to add pop and aa without adding Luclin.

However in hindsight after playing EQ live for years and years the gates of discord was where it really started to jump the shark. Mudflation took an epic turn for the worse and even then GoD was still enjoyable with good content and good playability. The epic 2.0 quest line was done nicely as well. The biggest downside is that aa's were then becoming a large hurdle to get over for most newer players.

I felt that LOY and LDON had a couple things in each expansion that were vital, mounts illusion potions augments .... everything else was kinda fluff and timsink ... troll pirates sheesh.

Zutizutzut
09-23-2016, 01:25 PM
SoL/PoP without all the stuff like nexus, bazaar and PoK books. For me GoD was the expansion that broke EQ for me..

Exactly this.

Lagaidh
09-23-2016, 02:58 PM
GoD was the expansion where I finally said enough... my guild did have fun with Dragons of Norrath, but that was later. GoD and the relentless bullshit flagging... ugh.

Love that Klandicar raid.

Daldaen
09-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Luclin and PoP if they removed PoK, Nexus, Bazaar, Vah Shir, and aliens.

PoK was incredible. It's the best mobilizing zone for any group or raid to go out and adventure. PoK books let you take the adventuring into your own hands.

Nexus is really such a non issue I find it hilarious people include it. You do realize that nexus only provides transport between 5 zones, on a 15min recharge, meaning your trips typically have 15 minute travel time for a North Karana to Greater Faydark port. Most P99 players would revolt if their porter took 15 minutes to port them between those locations.

Bazaar again incredible, sell while you sleep, pay and get what you want, never have to deal with low ballers, hagglers or resellers.

Vah Shir, yea they look dumb. Whatever.

What are the aliens but a different version of a goblin or a ghoul.

mr_jon3s
09-23-2016, 03:30 PM
Bazaar again incredible, sell while you sleep, pay and get what you want, never have to deal with low ballers, hagglers or resellers.

I don't understand the bazaar hate. Yes people sold while afk but I also remember tons of people treating the bazaar just like EC.

Lagaidh
09-23-2016, 03:38 PM
I don't understand the bazaar hate. Yes people sold while afk but I also remember tons of people treating the bazaar just like EC.

On my servers, that attitude didn't last long. Some hagglers held out a while, but it just became "the way" to afk sell.

I missed the one-on-one interaction of a trade.

mr_jon3s
09-23-2016, 03:47 PM
On my servers, that attitude didn't last long. Some hagglers held out a while, but it just became "the way" to afk sell.

I missed the one-on-one interaction of a trade.

Yes the one on one trading we have now is nice but I loved the fact that I could go to the bazaar search to see if anyone is selling the item I want. I have spent days on p99 trying to buy an item waiting around EC or trying to use the forums.

Hakubi
09-24-2016, 12:06 AM
My favorite expansion and the peak of EQ felt like PoP to me. So much to do, so many items, so many raids, solo/group/money making/questing potential. Improvements to AA's and mudflation was still manageable.

SoL would be my next favorite. Yes, boohoo fast travel and the bazaar but they made the game more playable. No one that isn't a poopsocker likes sitting around in EC in the dead of night with 30 people online as people try to high ball things with low trade volume, my interactions have consisted of offering .85 - .90 of the list price and meeting someone at T1, no exceptions except staring at chat for 4 hours as nothing I need is listed in between bone chip and spiderling silk spam. The bazaar felt more like an actual market even if social interaction suffered. Fast travel was already trivialized with the existence of dial-a-port except for a few out of the way places in Kunark or Velious (which were still a PITA to run with PoK books). AA's were an amazing addition to the game.

What came next was unabashed garbage except Lost Dungeons which I enjoyed.

hurikane
09-24-2016, 01:29 AM
PoP!

I really love the idea of enabling the Luclin/PoP content with some restrictions.

IMO PoP endgame has never been matched by any MMO I've played. FLAG HYPE.

Also the AA system is such a nice thing to continue progressing your character after max.

Loved getting to a point where you can solely focusing on them and getting to better planes to get dope XP. The huge XP gains in 90%-100% AA.... gasm.

When I heard about how the raiding works on p99 (tbh doesn't feel that bad atm) and how salty a lot of veterans are about it, my first reaction was, wish AAs were enabled. I'm sure a lot feel the same way.

Make P99 Green PoP!

skarlorn
09-24-2016, 02:43 AM
I'd welcome xpacs

Izmael
09-24-2016, 03:26 AM
No xpacs ever on P99 blue or red.

Velious is the pinnacle of Everquest. Luclin trivialized previous content tremendously and added the alley cats and non lore/fantasy theme fitting zones/gfx/mobs etc.

Oh yeah, and VT and new models.

Terrible xpac.

Secrets
09-24-2016, 03:51 AM
I would add PoP with Luclin-Era stats, and...

I'd like to see Battlegrounds or Arenas from WoW as a mini-expansion on P99. That would be great instead of having a Red99 server. Let people opt-in to PvP, and excel at it in a controlled environment.

I would additionally add in focus effects that were added in Luclin.

Best expansion in EQ, hands down, though. Planes of Power's raid content is simply some of the best designed content. Focus effects breathe life into an otherwise dull itemization.

Jimjam
09-24-2016, 04:03 AM
I would add PoP with Luclin-Era stats, and...

I'd like to see Battlegrounds or Arenas from WoW as a mini-expansion on P99. That would be great instead of having a Red99 server. Let people opt-in to PvP, and excel at it in a controlled environment.

I would additionally add in focus effects that were added in Luclin.

Best expansion in EQ, hands down, though. Planes of Power's raid content is simply some of the best designed content. Focus effects breathe life into an otherwise dull itemization.

When omens of war came out, it was tied to the discord server and the priests of discord. The entire story of the expansion made it sound like every zone in there was gonna be a pvp arena. Maybe OOW with pvp enabled?

Izmael
09-24-2016, 05:49 AM
Actually maybe enabling Luclin on Red only would give some momentum to this otherwise dying server.

xKoopa
09-24-2016, 10:19 AM
^isnt dod the expansion where you just do instanced zones as mobs and get stupid raid gear as a reward?

mr_jon3s
09-24-2016, 11:14 AM
^isnt dod the expansion where you just do instanced zones as mobs and get stupid raid gear as a reward?

Pretty much got elemental tier gear doing dod instanced zones. Which when it first came out were so easy people were making thousands of AA's to the point where they had to make it so you could only make 1 AA a mission and it was on a cooldown.

Bebo
09-24-2016, 11:27 AM
I really like EQ up to Ldon. So SOL with any other one would be nice.

Off topic:I think it would be cool to play on a modified server that is static at Ldon with all the POK portal stones to starting cities be disabled and no free ports between LDon camps. Keep the translocators to SOL at the wizards Spires open but bump them up to a hour between ports. This way the only way to POK is through the bazaar. This would give a ton of content and all the race/class combos minus the broken Drakin. (I dont remember when the Beserker comes in) This will never happen but if it did...I would play it

xKoopa
09-24-2016, 12:28 PM
Pretty much got elemental tier gear doing dod instanced zones. Which when it first came out were so easy people were making thousands of AA's to the point where they had to make it so you could only make 1 AA a mission and it was on a cooldown.

im pretty sure that was 2-3 tiers higher than EP gear

my ranger was wearing mostly GoD/OOW armor and i gained about 3k raw hps in a couple days of that expansion duoing..

Zuranthium
09-24-2016, 06:34 PM
I think the low population might be the most objective argument against further expansions.

No, the most objective argument is that Luclin and PoP were shit and killed the game world.

PoK was incredible. It's the best mobilizing zone for any group or raid to go out and adventure. PoK books let you take the adventuring into your own hands.

Nexus is really such a non issue I find it hilarious people include it. You do realize that nexus only provides transport between 5 zones, on a 15min recharge, meaning your trips typically have 15 minute travel time for a North Karana to Greater Faydark port.

You have an extremely artificial notion of the game. PoK books ruin adventure and the feeling of the world, plus an aspect of social interaction. This isn't fucking Star-Trek-with-Raids. The game is supposed to be a LOTR-esque world. Nexus is a similar problem, although I'd be okay with an NPC Wizard teleporter at a few of the spires (North Karana, Faydark, Dreadlands) who teleports to a different spire every 10 minutes, with a level 30 requirement to use it and needing to pay something for it.

Bazaar cuts out social interaction. You're not supposed to be able to play the game while you sleep. The game isn't supposed to be about just going from fucking point A to point B and farming. It's supposed to place you in a world that is dangerous and alive, where you need to journey and engage in local communities. Not just solo hop all around the world, unless you are specifically a class with that ability who has gotten to a high enough level to do so.

Yoink1986
09-24-2016, 09:07 PM
Ha Luclin and PoP definitly didn't suck or ruin/ kill anything. That's so wrong. Although bazaar killed some player interaction it was nice in regards to making selling/ buying less frustrating at times.

mickmoranis
09-24-2016, 09:15 PM
None, I would rather see custom content made with the content that is not quite used often in EQ.. like idk a level 50+ cat dungeon based off the cat island near tox.

Maybe seasons in norrath, with different named cycles per season?

http://i.imgur.com/AKJKoxY.png

I would like anything that zones from everfrost area/north karana.. a classic feeling expansion zone from that area would be cool. Maybe a Dwarven Mountain stronghold, where they delv too deeply into the mountains of northern Karana/everfrost and woke the dead?

http://i.imgur.com/cemms33.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/2gypDKk.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/x4POlSg.png

My biggest problem with ALL the everquest expansions, was the art just sucked compared to the origional art, but you can see by simply swapping textures and not re-creating any models, you can create more, better art than all the expansions could provide combined:

Maybe the gnomes open a portal to a rift in steamfront and make that a zone we travel through that awesome city nobody see's to get there.

http://i.imgur.com/m73sA4w.png

Maybe a new frog dungeon? off of the frog city zone NOBODY goes to in kunark? Maybe a REAL frog city? Not that empty ass one nobody goes to for any reason other than 1 stinking quest that like 1% of people do? With some new color frogs?

http://i.imgur.com/m85bdic.png http://i.imgur.com/pxiQXUN.png

Perhaps a re-creation of a zone simmilar to Cazic Thule, only 50+

http://i.imgur.com/ebmK0si.png

There is a lot that could be done, that would be better than any Post Velious ugly ass non-cannon eq ;)

Izmael
09-25-2016, 04:13 AM
Start working on it, then.

mickmoranis
09-25-2016, 04:20 AM
Start working on it, then.

id rather you just praised me for my great ideas while I slept and watched netflix tho

Izmael
09-25-2016, 06:40 AM
Ideas are cheap, everyone has dozens.

Putting in the work and getting out something usable and of value is what's hard.

Daywolf
09-25-2016, 08:33 AM
Only thing imo, PoP w/o PoK for custom. old models.
But I'd be happier just seeing a new blue style progression server from the beginning again. maybe half speed on expansions.

fadetree
09-25-2016, 08:34 AM
id rather you just praised me for my great ideas while I slept and watched netflix tho

When you have some, post them and we'll praise you!
Also - I know it's a difficult concept, and I hate to bring it up, but...Uh well...gosh this is hard. Let me just say it straight out: as it turns out, someone can have opinions about things that aren't the same as yours, and they are still valid. As it turns out, you are not exactly right in all your opinions. At least, that's the best info we have right now, we have our BEST guys working on it, I can assure you of that, and if it turns out that you actually ARE right in all your opinions we'll let you know immediately.

foufou2016
09-25-2016, 10:29 AM
Luclin (because Ssra temple is to cool and Aten ha ra is awesome) but remove bazaar / "new player skin"/horses/ and we good!
Oh and PoP , because the gods encounters are to fun ( Rallos zek / Rathe council / Fenin ro and such and such !!

( Oh and Aaxp gives reasons to exp hardcore at max lvl still )

hurikane
09-25-2016, 01:39 PM
Just curious of peoples Ideas for a modified PoK? &/or Nexus/Bazaar

Like lay down your rules, changes etc

lurk
09-25-2016, 06:57 PM
Skip luclin. Remove POK. Make an epic quest to get an item with group port to tranquility. Remove droppable trash loot so it doesnt mess with classic economy. Regular PoP progression at 60 without AA would be fun. Grummus, terris, sarayrn, MB and 7th hammer are all reasonable fights with loot that fits the era. Then i guess you could do BoT and storm. Aerindar would be tough be doesnt have much hp, possibly doable. Ryddadar would be impossible, same with mithmarr. Bertox is impossible, probably couldnt even kill the lifetap mini to get down there.

Secrets
09-25-2016, 07:31 PM
When omens of war came out, it was tied to the discord server and the priests of discord. The entire story of the expansion made it sound like every zone in there was gonna be a pvp arena. Maybe OOW with pvp enabled?

Oh, I meant like actual arenas from WoW. Like, you queue up with 1 or 2 other people, and you fight against another team. Rating comes into play, etc.

mickmoranis
09-25-2016, 07:38 PM
When you have some, post them and we'll praise you!
Also - I know it's a difficult concept, and I hate to bring it up, but...Uh well...gosh this is hard. Let me just say it straight out: as it turns out, someone can have opinions about things that aren't the same as yours, and they are still valid. As it turns out, you are not exactly right in all your opinions. At least, that's the best info we have right now, we have our BEST guys working on it, I can assure you of that, and if it turns out that you actually ARE right in all your opinions we'll let you know immediately.

you are the type of person I relish kicking from the group without warning.

fadetree
09-25-2016, 09:47 PM
Hehe, if I were in your group I'd relish being kicked.

hurikane
09-26-2016, 12:02 AM
Skip luclin. Remove POK. Make an epic quest to get an item with group port to tranquility. Remove droppable trash loot so it doesnt mess with classic economy. Regular PoP progression at 60 without AA would be fun. Grummus, terris, sarayrn, MB and 7th hammer are all reasonable fights with loot that fits the era. Then i guess you could do BoT and storm. Aerindar would be tough be doesnt have much hp, possibly doable. Ryddadar would be impossible, same with mithmarr. Bertox is impossible, probably couldnt even kill the lifetap mini to get down there.

Damn skip AAs?

I kinda like the idea of skipping Luclin haha

Sodors Finest Poster
09-26-2016, 07:49 AM
The expansion which revamped Highold / Commonlands / Freeport area

Just for the forums drama - not because that was actually a good thing.

xKoopa
09-26-2016, 08:13 AM
The expansion which revamped Highold / Commonlands / Freeport area

Just for the forums drama - not because that was actually a good thing.

I was triggered just reading post

DevGrousis
09-26-2016, 06:41 PM
I was never a huge fan of Luclin, but thats because at that time i was SUUUPER casual, and Luclin still wasn't friendly towards the solo players. When PoP came out it made it easy for me to jump into planes groups and the AA stuff was awesome.

I would LOOOOVEE to see PoP without the books, bazaar or guild house. I honestly think it would make for a really good expac that even the super hard core CLASSIC ONLY dudes would enjoy after after they got over the initial shock :)

Goldknyght
09-27-2016, 12:50 PM
I would LOOOOVEE to see PoP without the books, bazaar or guild house. I honestly think it would make for a really good expac that even the super hard core CLASSIC ONLY dudes would enjoy after after they got over the initial shock :)
so how would u get to pok without the books?

Kohedron
09-27-2016, 01:02 PM
By default I'd have to say Luclian and PoP since I gave up right before Ykesha's release.

I would have liked them more if it wasn't for the instant travel and the nexus/bazaar

DevGrousis
09-27-2016, 01:29 PM
so how would u get to pok without the books?

Just add a port in point for Druid and wizards somewhere in pok

hurikane
09-27-2016, 02:24 PM
What about a book that only ports to Tranquility?

Maybe create a custom zone to deal with any NPCs missing from PoK

I think removing the spells and stuff from PoK would benefit for the whole EQ feeling.

Chronoburn
09-27-2016, 02:59 PM
BC and WotLK

Check12345
09-29-2016, 12:56 AM
Just add a port in point for Druid and wizards somewhere in pok

That would be the existing port in area.

IMHO early PoP is the sweet spot for EQ. If they didn't shut down the Al'Kabor server (they deleted my four lvl 65's!!!) I would still be playing there.

There would be more raid content for more casual guilds and the dorks that want to race each other for 14 and 15 year old content can still do so. Been there done that, it was called Live.

If the Luclin AA set became available I would roll a Wizard on day 1. We got a huuuge kick in the ass then.

Oh, I hate to say it but Manaburn would have to be post nerf on day 1. A group of wizards should not be able to clear VP like we did. Same with Rhag1/2, etc etc. You can't have infinitely scale-able un-resistable damage like that.

We fucking manaburned Sontalak with ~14 wizards the day before the nerf. A GM lead the countdown and there were about 50 folks there betting on the outcome. We insta gibbed him even though one wiz mb'd himself. :D

Xadion
09-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Luclin and POP - its a fitting end to the lore and story as that's when the "main timeline" so to speak moves to EQ2... and there are some great raids and content in those xpacs

Odonk
09-30-2016, 12:49 PM
Shadows of Luclin minus the bazaar but still have guild halls

Dallor
09-30-2016, 01:30 PM
Progress to Luclin. But Stop at Luclin and not go any further.
PoP is fun itself, but it makes previous content more obsolete. Vanilla, Kunark, and Velious content is still enjoyable and worthwhile with Luclin.

lurk
10-01-2016, 12:56 AM
Plane of trainquilty portal quest:

A rumbling spawn in western wastes. A burrower parasite spawns. Complete the event and save a traveler with rumors of access to new planes. He grants one player a box with the request to combine each of the kings heads. Return the result and receive a quest to combine each st tali and an essence lens. Complete this and he requests an epic item from every class. Then he requests a SOD, as the reluqtent hero hands it to him the explorer chuckles and hands it back along with an item with 100 charges of group trainquilty port.

No where in pop can you bind. Corpses go to a random clasic plane if theyve been there longer than a hour. Follow progression with only boss loots. Focus items are the only thing that change classic, it could be removed but honestly casters need a little love.

Nothing that can be killed at 60 with no AA has non era stats. Actually most of t1 isnt BIS and practically tuned for velious geared 60s. Stuff like wicked shank and hand of honor is a little too easy to get, so its probably best to leave out mini loot

That 16/19 dagger from mithmarr would be sweet and zergable considering he has no AE. Good luck straight tanking his 2k melee and 3500 proc though. Oh yeah and rydda dar first

Sirken
10-01-2016, 05:08 AM
just PoP. but without PoK.

AzzarTheGod
10-01-2016, 05:22 AM
just PoP. but without PoK.

Yeah if we are talking p99 custom, probably just PoP.

IDK what id do hypothetically with the Luclin AAs.

You can go straight from BIS Velious to PoP raiding, so gear is no issue. There is no real gear gap between BIS Velious and entry level PoP of any major meaning (Ok, there is some major mana regen problems, some focus items, but you can tune that out) The AA's would need to be addressed though.

lurk
10-01-2016, 06:55 AM
Really the only thing that would cockblick fights is no radiant cure or any remove curse. Infact the lack of curse removeable would make some fights impossible. At the least a way to remove curse would need to be put in

So then you give up mgb + heals for rechargeable items. Seems fair.

Other aas are nice but not needs

This is basically POP without aa but fully recharged.

Old Prexus
10-02-2016, 07:30 PM
I personally would like to see some custom content eventually. All in the spirit of 'classic' with the old graphics. Why not another lower level dungeon as cool as Blackburrow. And please have the GM's combine all the deities power into a single force to bring back into being the highkeep message boards.

elwing
10-03-2016, 07:49 AM
SoL without bazaar.
PoP without neutral hubs and books (PoK + PoT)

Aaramis
10-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Luclin and PoP, IMO, although I'm not sure there's enough players to really tackle either content. The grind required for the end of Luclin was beyond silly, and required a pretty sizeable force to down some of the mobs; and PoP wasn't much different.

If I could vote on anything, however, I'd ask for /melody. Just say no to carpal tunnel, please.

Kyosai7
10-05-2016, 03:59 AM
I'd love PoP without the PoK.

There's like, a feature here, and a feature there, from later xpacs that I'd love.

If I had to pick JUST 2 expansions, probably Legacy of Ykesha(because NO other game lets you be a badass frog outside of Chrono Trigger) and Lost Dungeons of Norrath.

LDoN is mostly for nostalgia because at the time, to me, instanced dungeons were so insane a concept. It was so alien to me. "Wait a minute, I can go in and do quests, and not have to worry about camp stealing?!"

But yeah. There's tons of smaller features from later stuff I'd love. Like the Berzerker class, and player housing. Did EQ Live ever get that trading card game from EQ2? That was such an awesome conc ept...