PDA

View Full Version : Spell file outdated after Sept. 5th patch

Toxophile
09-08-2016, 02:26 AM
Tried logging in today after installing the new patch files (V43) and am getting the spell file outdated error at login screen. Tried re-downloading and installing the files again, nothing changes. Had no issues until this recent patch, what to do?

Thulack
09-08-2016, 02:36 PM
Did it ask you to overwrite old files when you put them in your EQ folder? If not you were doing it wrong then.

myrddyna
09-14-2016, 07:32 PM
Having the same problem. I have put the patch in the new location, and overwritten the old, and still getting the spell files need to be updated.

When i go to the new players area, the spell files link there is broken, so where do i get the spell files folder?

myriverse
09-15-2016, 10:57 AM
If you patched, then you have the correct spell files.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252292

If you're still getting the error, then there is another reason for that's related to your connection to the server. Happens to me a lot.

Girthy
09-17-2016, 09:29 PM
This same issue happened to be after the Sept 5th patch. I installed new patch files v 43 and extracted them to the EQ folder - replaced old files. Logged in and received outdated spell files error.

Today I reinstalled EQ titanium and again extracted patch v43 replacing the files. Opened EQemu as administrator and confirmed it was opening the correct eq folder and .exe file, still getting outdated spell files though.

Any other things you can think of to try and fix this? Thanks

Girthy
09-18-2016, 11:20 AM
I'm having the same issue with the sept 5th patch update. I patched and replaced old files with the new ones - I am still getting spell files error. Today I reinstalled EQ titanium and tried patching again with the same issue. I made sure i was opening EQ emu as administrator and verified the location for the eq folder and .exe file.

Anything else that i can try?

IceCadaverX
09-18-2016, 07:10 PM
I logged in to see the outdated spell file things going on. Went to the "Getting Started" thread to get the files, and the link was a broken 404. Played fine before this.

Crookstinger
09-18-2016, 07:31 PM
I logged in to see the outdated spell file things going on. Went to the "Getting Started" thread to get the files, and the link was a broken 404. Played fine before this.
Try this link: http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files43.zip

IceCadaverX
09-18-2016, 08:59 PM
It worked! Thank you kindly :D

Ashintar
09-18-2016, 09:34 PM
For those that are having patching issues, is your install in the default install directory? Have you tried moving it out of program files and repatching?

VincentF
09-20-2016, 10:33 PM
Have you found an answer yet? I have tried over and over and still I'm getting that error.

VincentF
09-24-2016, 07:56 PM
I will share what i did to get eq working in Antergos.

1. Copied eq1 folder to linux
2. removed files from eq folder as per p99 website
3. When copying p99 specific files into eq folder pay attention to case sensitive files, in particular dsetup.dll! You have to rename it to DSETUP.dll
4. Get sound to work. Open terminal and enter sudo pacman -S lib32-alsa-lib lib32-alsa-plugins lib32-libpulse lib32-alsa-oss lib32-openal
5. Edit eqclient.ini and change video mode or size to fit your monitor
5a. Change windowedmode to false if you want fullscreen
5b. set refresh rate to 60

korwl
11-15-2016, 02:00 AM
I will share what i did to get eq working in Antergos.

1. Copied eq1 folder to linux
2. removed files from eq folder as per p99 website
3. When copying p99 specific files into eq folder pay attention to case sensitive files, in particular dsetup.dll! You have to rename it to DSETUP.dll
4. Get sound to work. Open terminal and enter sudo pacman -S lib32-alsa-lib lib32-alsa-plugins lib32-libpulse lib32-alsa-oss lib32-openal
5. Edit eqclient.ini and change video mode or size to fit your monitor
5a. Change windowedmode to false if you want fullscreen
5b. set refresh rate to 60

Is there a way to automate casechecking? This is painstaking, mind-numbing work and there's no guarantee I'm going to get all of the mismatched cases.