PDA

View Full Version : Consider...Al'Kabor

Pages : [1] 2

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
09-07-2016, 03:17 PM
This is, I guess, a recruitment post. But honestly I kind of like where Al'Kabor is at as a server. I've /waved hi at Sir Lucan several times. He has a good life here - plenty of time for wife and kids. From what I can tell Nagafen and Vox get a chance to bang and aren't perma killed by the main guilds' kill force - leveling guilds (Nephilium, which I'm a part of) have a chance to kill them.

However, Al'Kabor does deserve a larger population. To be honest, I wouldn't want it to get to p99 status, seeing what has happened to the server and economy, but I would like to see more people there. You can take a look at the forums: their staff and developers are very active and listen to the community (though they do have a job and that's to make the server like it was on the original Al'Kabor server - EQ Mac - you can play with a PC though.)

Starting out for me was pretty cool. I posted that I was thinking of joining and was welcomed with many responses to help me get started and some info about the server (there are cool newbie armor quests on this server that you can do to start out, link to my forum post http://www.takproject.net/forums/index.php?threads/thinking-of-joining-the-server.6493/) Since then I've met some cool people and had some help along the
way. There was a plethora of people happy to help me out and get me started with some spell money and hand me downs. I can't tell you how many times I've seen higher ups /ooc for free items, as well as "come loot this if you can, it's rotting". And from what I can tell there is little to no MQ market.

So far I've really enjoyed my time there. It's not for everyone, especially right now with a lower population (looks like 150 logged in at peak?) So you have to be willing to solo for a bit or box (3 boxes max + 1 flagged as trader if you want to keep a trader active
in bazaar) If you do solo though, most are welcomed into a 3 box group no problem. I've never been a boxer so this is a new experience, and I'm having fun with it as a new challenge.

To give you an idea of the major raid guild, they are doing VP right now. Kunark is the furthest the server is at, with Velious starting up on the 21st of September (big GM event planned.) The server will eventually end at PoP, which I'm super stoked about. I
enjoyed my times in Luclin and PoP and can't wait to relive those again... not to mention AA's will be available once Luclin hits.

TL;DR (which is still kind of long...)

Pros:
- You can probably pick a name you'd like to have for your
toon. Server accepted my toons names right off the bat.
- It's mirrored from the EQ Mac server but you CAN play on a PC.
- PoK is up with all books active except Velious, so is Nexus.
- Low server pop, usually most camps are open, have your pick.
- Very active server devs and staff that listen to their population.
- From what I've seen, there is a nice relationship between guilds on
server, some things aren't contested and lower end guilds do have a
chance at some raid targets
- Newbie armor quests (these are fun)
- Welcoming group of people
- Bazaar (this is subjective I guess)
- 3 box MAX (again subjective)
- Velious starting on 9/21, server will eventually goto PoP max, AA's will be available in Luclin
- Serverwide Auction and OOC
- No MQ market.
- Very little bottleneck on epic quest mobs
- A server wide 20% xp bonus
- Focus effects are already implemented (Good or bad I guess for some? From what I've read, and I'm not a computer guru. The server uses a PoP based client, so things like focus fx are already in, and Chardok 2.0 is in etc.)
- An alleged raid rotation monitored by staff

Cons:
- Boxing, I'm enjoying the challenge but honestly wish it was a like p99 blue w/ regards to no box and went all the way to PoP.
- Low server pop, means you pretty much have to solo/box or don't mind grouping in a group of 4 (you plus some guy 3 boxing)
- EQ Mac has some weird quirks that were different from live
--- No mouse wheel scroll out
--- No cycle through NPC's (though, you can cycle between last two targets)
--- No coloring pet text/dmg
--- Cannot see raw mana value
--- 1 Hotbar, 10 keys, no extra
- No /hidecorpse looted, however /hidecorpse all/none works
- Economy...although there are usually a decent amount of traders (allowed to have a flagged trader active while you 3 box) in the Bazaar, mid lvl gear just really doesn't get sold, though with that being said, the ability to 3 box lets you go camp pretty much any of the gear you want, you just might have to wait until you're 3 box is of level to camp it.

Well, whether you've been thinking about leaving p99 or not, for AK or not, hopefully this was informative for some of you. I've had a great time and like what the server is about and wanted to share my exp with my old fellow p99ers. If any AK'ers read this and see something inaccurate please chime in. My goal was to be honest and share what I've experienced thus far on AK, while still having p99 fresh on my mind. If you come on over look me up on Montague, Tadmor, or Katatonic. I'm in no way rich on this server but plenty have helped me out and I'd like to pay it forward in anyway I can.

Nune
09-07-2016, 03:19 PM
gtfo

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
09-07-2016, 03:27 PM
gtfo

I did 🙃👍

Nune
09-07-2016, 03:29 PM
If I wanted to box for uncontested loot I'd play on Red99 thanks

radda
09-07-2016, 03:35 PM
considering Takproject cant make up their fucking minds as to which "bugs" to keep and which to rid,
and also a gm enforced rotation.
considering P2002 instead. they are updating to Tit client and will have mouse scroll

Daldaen
09-07-2016, 03:37 PM
I I wanted to box for uncontested loot I'd play on Red99 thanks

Uncontested loot with no challenging raid content sounds like red.

But TAK will eventually have Luclin and PoP, EQ's two greatest expansions with some great raid content.

Lenas
09-07-2016, 03:40 PM

This doesnt exist. pls try again.

I I wanted to box for uncontested loot I'd play on Red99 thanks

The whole point of the post is to bring more people and healthy competition

Chaboo_Cleric
09-07-2016, 03:46 PM
I considered it , but then I almost had to read that long post. I decided against it. Hope this helps

Chaboo_Cleric
09-07-2016, 03:47 PM

^ ^^^

Secrets
09-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Some part of me thinks some people who play P99 should stay on P99. They wouldn't get along with anyone over on EQMac.

Having two major servers isn't a bad thing. People will play where they want.

Nune
09-07-2016, 04:42 PM
Some part of me thinks some people who play P99 should stay on P99. They wouldn't get along with anyone over on EQMac.

What do you get when you cross P99 playerbase with EQMac playerbase?

FoH Forums. God RIP us all

Danth
09-07-2016, 04:48 PM
--- No mouse wheel scroll out

This should be listed in the "Pros" category.

Danth

sOurDieSel
09-07-2016, 06:28 PM
Luclin and PoP, EQ's two greatest expansions with some great raid content.

I'll give you PoP... but Luclin?

btfo with the catpeople living on the moon stuff

bdastomper58
09-07-2016, 06:28 PM
velious is the time to level up and get ready for luclin!

i will play this server but theres no way im reading that boring ass OP (:

bdastomper58
09-07-2016, 06:32 PM
hey op fuck you!!

skarlorn
09-07-2016, 07:38 PM
didnt read this sh!tty thread

Thank you for trying.

Daldaen
09-07-2016, 08:21 PM
I'll give you PoP... but Luclin?

btfo with the catpeople living on the moon stuff

Ssra, the Deep, Akhevan Ruins, Acrylia Caverns, Sanctus... those were some great raids.

Vah Shir exist in like 3 of the Luclin zones and they're all noob zones.

Lojik
09-07-2016, 08:25 PM
Does Lron play there

Haynar
09-07-2016, 10:08 PM
considering Takproject cant make up their fucking minds as to which "bugs" to keep and which to rid,
considering P2002 instead. they are updating to Tit client and will have mouse scroll
You need to get your stories straight.

And its funny that p02 is switching to Titanium. And EQEmu is looking at dropping support for it. Might want to rethink the switch and go to a newer better supported client.

Farzo
09-08-2016, 12:12 AM

Having come from EQMac myself, I agree with this sentiment. Your rep was everything on that server - you burnt it once or twice it was almost over of you.

red99 prob one of the most twisted sever's I've been on and that coming from a jockey like me who spams the forums with useless shit when bored.

radda
09-08-2016, 12:25 AM
You need to get your stories straight.

And its funny that p02 is switching to Titanium. And EQEmu is looking at dropping support for it. Might want to rethink the switch and go to a newer better supported client.
V V V

Community run rotations should be community run. GM enforced.
said by you on Takproject. seems like that's what a difference is. and have you*i know you have* seen the long ass post of bugs? "RID SHAKER PAGING BUT LEAVE INFINIT SK MANA"
please......

as far as the client and plans. IDFK, im only a player. it's that community(eqmac- yes i played there undercover) that split its self up and this is the shit they have caused, confusion and unsure-ness of its POTENTIAL members because come on... we love luclin and pop and p99 isnt going to keep some of its members when those expansions launch.

tell me why i should switch and i will but that's if you can tell the future of both.

regardless, i love the support you do. carry on

surron
09-08-2016, 07:33 AM
^^^ lol this kid is fuken dumb, stay on p2002 please

Elysium
09-08-2016, 09:23 AM

I chose TAKP over P2002 by just looking at the changelog updates. Last update for P2002 was July 14th, and then before that it was May 31st. TAKP has had 18 in that time.

It's clear which admins know what they are doing.

maskedmelon
09-08-2016, 09:34 AM
I chose TAKP over P2002 by just looking at the changelog updates. Last update for P2002 was July 14th, and then before that it was May 31st. TAKP has had 18 in that time.

I don't play on either, but chose Takp over p2002 a long time ago, because every person who's come here to shill p2002 has been a jackass while everyone person advertising takp has been pleasant ^^

Chaboo_Cleric
09-08-2016, 11:21 AM
Remember when Relapse woke the sleeper. Love that kid

radda
09-08-2016, 01:53 PM

i like this

radda
09-08-2016, 01:54 PM
^^^ lol this kid is fuken dumb, stay on p2002 please

i have both installed. see you soon honey

Haynar
09-08-2016, 02:18 PM
i have both installed. see you soon honey
Should get my latest client mods if playing on a PC. Don't let them know on p02, since it will get you banned for using outside client modifications.

Takp staff has already discussed a long term roadmap, out to 2018. Thats when PoP should be finished. Velious in 2 weeks. Luclin next year. PoP in two phases, wrapping it all up sometime in 2018. When all finished, takp will go public again with all code and db. Since it is a preservation project, with the ultimate plan to share with all.

If you miss Eunomia or GreenGrocer, then head on over to p02 and get ur fix.

If you want nostalgia? Then stay here on p99.

Takp is something else. Its not for everyone. Those that its for will find their way there just fine.

H

burkemi5
09-08-2016, 02:44 PM
It's funny how TAK players can't talk about TAK without pooping on P02. Play on whatever server you like. Everquest is everquest. FWIW, @ another poster further up, P02 gets updated, the devs there aren't as meticulous about listing every last single change. A lot of dev focus on P02 has been on getting the titanium client out, which I imagine will push our nightly pop from ~150 to over 200 almost over night. I can think of several people who are waiting for it to come out.

I really do like the old client and will miss it, if TAK has figured out a way for it to work connectivity wise, great, but P02 has decided to move to titanium, which isn't a bad choice and is pretty accessible. Hate on P02 all you want, we have a pretty solid pop, two raiding guilds, and plenty of people leveling up.

bdastomper58
09-08-2016, 02:52 PM
p02 deserves the shittalk for harboring the Great Enemy

also for being a crap server

Daldaen
09-08-2016, 03:16 PM
The problem with the titanium client is it makes some aspects of the game too easy.

Underwater zones for example in the titanium client provide unlimited far clip plane while submersed. Plane of Water is an entirely different animal when you can barely see 50' in front of you when grouping.

Playing an enchanter on Al'Kabor actually took some level of skill and quick reaction. On the titanium client it is completely trivialized due to the simple "Cycle NPCs" hotkey you can use to cycle through and mez or slow or Debuff each individual mob. I have a huge amount of respect for the main Enchanter's that solo'd and CC'd on raids on Al'Kabor. But on P99 or any server with titanium client its a complete joke.

Playing a DoT class took some level of feeling into, as you got no DoT messages and had to remember when to refresh your DoTs to maximize their damage and not let them end too early.

Etc. etc.

As much as people love to cry about "quality of life" features, the reality is the more cumbersome the client, it actually presents a more classic and realistic challenge to the content of the day.

Paleman
09-08-2016, 03:28 PM
The problem with the titanium client is it makes some aspects of the game too easy.

Underwater zones for example in the titanium client provide unlimited far clip plane while submersed. Plane of Water is an entirely different animal when you can barely see 50' in front of you when grouping.

Playing an enchanter on Al'Kabor actually took some level of skill and quick reaction. On the titanium client it is completely trivialized due to the simple "Cycle NPCs" hotkey you can use to cycle through and mez or slow or Debuff each individual mob. I have a huge amount of respect for the main Enchanter's that solo'd and CC'd on raids on Al'Kabor. But on P99 or any server with titanium client its a complete joke.

Playing a DoT class took some level of feeling into, as you got no DoT messages and had to remember when to refresh your DoTs to maximize their damage and not let them end too early.

Etc. etc.

As much as people love to cry about "quality of life" features, the reality is the more cumbersome the client, it actually presents a more classic and realistic challenge to the content of the day.

I Kinda agree, p99 seems like training wheels version of classic.

Haynar
09-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Until we fixed the connectivity, LD, crash with gamma changes, we were actually considering changing clients on takp for the PC. So P02's decisions were at same time we were doing the same. We were leaning towards going for the old Shards of Dalaya client. It was an improvement over what we had. Netcode not as stable as new netcode. But better. And it was DX8, and not too many features over native EQmac.

Then between me and Secrets, we got things fixed up. Possibly more stable than EQEmu netcode. And client fixes too. No more crashes from gamma changes. Alt-enter switching in and out of full screen. Rarely ever going LD. Zones have been solid up to 70+ but our population is limited.

P02 going to titanium is a good choice for them. We were looking at different options.

However. I am not joking. If they are going to titanium for EQEmu code support, they really need to look at that option. As EQEmu is discussing forking the code. And providing more support for RoF era clients.

The bashing of p02 really goes back to the GG saga anymore. Anyone on Discord lately, has had the shit spammed outta him and his harassment. Unbelievable. But p02 loves him. Clearly they don't know what he does, or they would get as far away as possible.

skarlorn
09-08-2016, 04:27 PM
Until we fixed the connectivity, LD, crash with gamma changes, we were actually considering changing clients on takp for the PC. So P02's decisions were at same time we were doing the same. We were leaning towards going for the old Shards of Dalaya client. It was an improvement over what we had. Netcode not as stable as new netcode. But better. And it was DX8, and not too many features over native EQmac.

Then between me and Secrets, we got things fixed up. Possibly more stable than EQEmu netcode. And client fixes too. No more crashes from gamma changes. Alt-enter switching in and out of full screen. Rarely ever going LD. Zones have been solid up to 70+ but our population is limited.

P02 going to titanium is a good choice for them. We were looking at different options.

However. I am not joking. If they are going to titanium for EQEmu code support, they really need to look at that option. As EQEmu is discussing forking the code. And providing more support for RoF era clients.

The bashing of p02 really goes back to the GG saga anymore. Anyone on Discord lately, has had the shit spammed outta him and his harassment. Unbelievable. But p02 loves him. Clearly they don't know what he does, or they would get as far away as possible.

can someone PLZ translate this into 1337sp34k 4 me?

Haynar
09-08-2016, 04:43 PM
can someone PLZ translate this into 1337sp34k 4 me?

Its not a dick move for p02 to move to Titanium.

P02 vs. takp crap is done. Its over. We can coexist. We are sick of the us vs then games.

Takp fixed all the LD/Crash issues with old client. It is rock solid. And stable.

U want a PoP server?

Older Client-> takp.

Titanium Client-> p02.

U want Velious Forever-> p99.

H

AzzarTheGod
09-08-2016, 04:53 PM
took me 30 minutes u owe big

*Keanu reeves woah*

maskedmelon
09-08-2016, 04:53 PM
took me 30 minutes u owe big

Please tell me you are joking :/

http://www.robertecker.com/hp/research/leet-converter.php?lang=en

Keykey
09-08-2016, 04:55 PM
Clearly they don't know what he does, or they would get as far away as possible.

Kind of like how Sirken didn't "know what he does" when he RECRUITED him to be on staff?

Stop blaming P2002 for GG. They aren't investigating him. Maybe if they were considering adding him to staff they would get to know him well enough to determine if he could be harmful to the project.

If you must, turn your sights on the person who is really to blame.

maskedmelon
09-08-2016, 05:01 PM
It's a big net out there J.

Sometimes I just don't know. When I don't know,

I Google.

Tewaz
09-08-2016, 05:19 PM
Make it pvp and I'm there.

radda
09-08-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks for some good info
I like the hardcore-ness
I have 40s on p2002 and trio ready on tak
Will level soon

Haynar
09-08-2016, 07:41 PM
If you must, turn your sights on the person who is really to blame.

So it is all who's fault?

You are saying its OK for GG to harass Braknar? Its ok to spam 1000's of posts a day on p99 boards?

Its OK for GG to harass Rogean, posting his personal info and home address?

Its OK for GG to harass Braknar's wife?

Listen here Eunomia. I am tired of your BS. Time to get off the fence.

You do not belong here if you are on team GG.

So leave now and don't come back if thats the case.

feanan
09-08-2016, 09:28 PM
Wait, didn't Braknar dox GG? Didn't rogean call his work?

Sounds like everyones an asshole

Keykey
09-08-2016, 10:00 PM
So leave now and don't come back if thats the case.

Oh, I've "left". I rarely post here and I rarely say anything disparaging against this project. If you don't think I should be able to correct misinformation, well that's your opinion. If Rogean bans this account, I won't make another.

I just deleted the rest of this post because I'm not going to dredge up stuff that is now in the past.

Stop blaming P2002 for GG. None of it is their fault. They are just creating a place to play Everquest.

skarlorn
09-08-2016, 10:19 PM
wow thanks big j you pulled thru in a Big Way for me Tonight (i won't 4gtchu) just remember to love yourself at all times with the same 1337ness u love ur fellow elf posters.

don't really follow what's goin on here with this Keykey person and the tiger man Haner.

bdastomper58
09-08-2016, 10:22 PM
Oh, I've "left". I rarely post here and I rarely say anything disparaging against this project. If you don't think I should be able to correct misinformation, well that's your opinion. If Rogean bans this account, I won't make another.

I just deleted the rest of this post because I'm not going to dredge up stuff that is now in the past.

Stop blaming P2002 for GG. None of it is their fault. They are just creating a place to play Everquest.

do you disavow the criminal mastermind GreenGrocer?

bdastomper58
09-08-2016, 10:30 PM
are you a death eater??

Keykey
09-08-2016, 10:39 PM
do you disavow the criminal mastermind GreenGrocer?

I certainly don't approve of his actions, but who am I? Do you think if I stop acknowledging his existence he will stop? It's not like we play the game together. He never did play Everquest the way I do...or anyone for that matter.

Try to understand. We were in the trenches together. Bonds form. I still love everyone I staffed with. Even Haynar when he attacks me. These are people I shared a couple years of my life with on a daily basis. I can't stop loving GG just because you tell me to.

I've begged GG to stop many, many times and continue to do so. Obviously that is not working.

Maybe the way OTHERS react needs to change. HINT HINT

bdastomper58
09-08-2016, 10:44 PM
I certainly don't approve of his actions, but who am I? Do you think if I stop acknowledging his existence he will stop? It's not like we play the game together. He never did play Everquest the way I do...or anyone for that matter.

Try to understand. We were in the trenches together. Bonds form. I still love everyone I staffed with. Even Haynar when he attacks me. These are people I shared a couple years of my life with on a daily basis. I can't stop loving GG just because you tell me to.

I've begged GG to stop many, many times and continue to do so. Obviously that is not working.

Maybe the way OTHERS react needs to change. HINT HINT

thats not an answer.

do you disavow or not?

nagmarr
09-08-2016, 11:47 PM
actually we good. just stay here on p99. lol.

AzzarTheGod
09-09-2016, 12:09 AM
This is one of those situations you want to comment on or stick your 2 cents in on, but really nobody knows what happened aside from the staff involved.

I do think it's interesting how it played out. I'm a realist, but when it comes to social stuff I become overly optimistic, liberal, and idealist.

Ill always believe there was a way to address GG's situation without the backlash and damage spillover.

But again, hey, what do I know.

big_ole_jpn
10-04-2016, 07:45 PM
been playing this recently.

No seriously, it is actually fun to play and keeps me interested enough to do so. 200 pop sounds low but PoK keeps it very much poppin, easy to get groups and the gameplay feels much closer to classic live EQ than p99. Blew me away realizing how the predictable mob fleeing, WoW camera, etc make p99 feel phony as hell. "Velious was the golden age" is a fallacy we all bought into, sooner you admit it is sooner you will enjoy decent EQ again.

Also, it is stacked with forumquest legends and cool and normal people from live AK instead of sickos.

Haynar
10-04-2016, 09:07 PM
There are a lot of old AK people coming back. The AK guild Temerity is starting to reform with old members.

And everyone (even the FQ legends) are playing nice and getting along.

maskedmelon
11-20-2016, 03:30 AM
:cool:

Xaanka
11-20-2016, 07:02 AM
Make it pvp and I'm there.

Korrupt
11-20-2016, 02:59 PM
p2002 is fun as fukk

Pumpedup
11-20-2016, 03:03 PM
either allow boxing or not, 3 isnt enough for me to play there

6 minimum

Korrupt
11-20-2016, 03:37 PM
u r dum, 1-3 is plenty, specially if u got friends.

Angushjalmur
11-20-2016, 05:43 PM

Lol dunk

Pokesan
11-20-2016, 07:24 PM
mvp server for mvp players

Korrupt
11-20-2016, 07:31 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NR213vq.png
http://i.imgur.com/J9JZ53t.png
http://i.imgur.com/VtlX55Y.png
http://i.imgur.com/oFnisdd.png

Korrupt
11-20-2016, 07:34 PM
consider 2002

Pumpedup
11-20-2016, 08:27 PM
ill pass

Korrupt
11-20-2016, 09:32 PM
best server ever may 2002 live for 2002 years

Korrupt
11-20-2016, 10:58 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Rqbjn6n.png

Angushjalmur
11-20-2016, 11:01 PM
im gonna gank u oh wait theres no pvp

Valakut
11-20-2016, 11:37 PM
you guys get rid of that degenerate speedz yet? strong arming the play testers as if hes the king of tekken at his local arcade.

Angushjalmur
11-21-2016, 12:14 AM
client is a virus

Lenas
11-21-2016, 12:30 AM
you guys get rid of that degenerate speedz yet? strong arming the play testers as if hes the king of tekken at his local arcade.

He just handles the web tools / forum, you still salty about something that happened almost two years ago?

CoTH rides to Plane of Mischief 1.0 open to all 46+ on December 10th for 1k/char from 1pm to 6pm EST. Come get some.

maskedmelon
11-21-2016, 10:34 AM
P2002 is for shitheads. The shills pushing it months ago demonstrated that very clearly. I had 0 interest in either, but had resolved from the prominent shitheadry displayed by the p2002 turds that if I ever elected to try either, it would be TAKP. I dunno, maybe it's an unfair assessment of p2002, but its promoters did it no favors. ^^

Korrupt
11-21-2016, 10:53 AM
wut? everyone has been hella nice even the gm's real friendly they all talk in discord and in game

R Flair
11-21-2016, 11:59 AM
EQ was never the same after Velious. Don't care what anyone says, you can feel the difference in every way. Like it was made by different people or something ...

Angushjalmur
11-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Dirty secret time

I enjoyed the noob armor quests, even though the stats were OP for the era

Lenas
11-21-2016, 01:18 PM
wut? everyone has been hella nice even the gm's real friendly they all talk in discord and in game

Yeah but on TAKP everyone is nice, things actually work correctly, and there are sizeable updates every two weeks instead of nothing for months on end.

big_ole_jpn
11-21-2016, 01:38 PM
server's legit better in every way. I went into detail but then deleted it, server is going to collapse when the p99 raid aids descends upon it. get it while it's hot, only decent EQ since 2010.

Bardalicious
11-21-2016, 01:48 PM
They need to get titanium done asap :(

SmallpaulTZ
11-21-2016, 04:08 PM
TAKP is a great server. Don't be put off about all the twaddle said of boxing being allowed on this server. Once you reach higher end play, guilds would prefer that you DONT box. So playing a single character well is very much appreciated on the server. :)

Angushjalmur
11-21-2016, 04:12 PM
Game crashes and wont reopen if you try to full screen it

great server

big_ole_jpn
11-21-2016, 04:14 PM
cant even comprehend the unimaginably bad taste required to want to play eq in fullscreen

you prolly play Bethesda games

Pumpedup
11-21-2016, 08:48 PM
Dirty secret time

I enjoyed the noob armor quests, even though the stats were OP for the era

making a new char, and doing all the newb quests including weapon without transferring any money is what everquest is about

its like starting a wood elf and killing orcs + turning in cb belts till you can afford a leather set

#winning

Angushjalmur
11-21-2016, 11:32 PM
cant even comprehend the unimaginably bad taste required to want to play eq in fullscreen

you prolly play Bethesda games

The trick is to get so high you have tunnel vision and play fullscreen in the dark that way the screen ends where the tunnel begins. Kind of like death/birth

That way, the only thing that exists is the game and you transcend average immersion and become the game

TacoSmasher
11-22-2016, 03:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/NR213vq.png
http://i.imgur.com/J9JZ53t.png
http://i.imgur.com/VtlX55Y.png
http://i.imgur.com/oFnisdd.png

http://i.imgur.com/oJKM3xg.png
http://i.imgur.com/nURas3y.gif
http://i.imgur.com/SNd2mhk.gif

fuck off back 2 blue

Angushjalmur
11-22-2016, 03:28 PM
lol

bigbard1
11-22-2016, 04:22 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nURas3y.gif
http://i.imgur.com/SNd2mhk.gif

fuck off back 2 blue

GOT EM

Lorian
11-23-2016, 01:12 PM

I agree! 3 servers though, not 2.. :P P99 is more of a hardcore server for competitive min-maxers and fans of the particular era, whereas the other two are more suitable for less ambitious players like myself that enjoy the Luclin/PoP era, and being a cat!

Angushjalmur
11-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Consider project 1933

Mein schwarze

Secrets
12-07-2016, 12:59 PM
Now's a great time to try out TAKP if you feel shafted by a server who moved to the Titanium client. Server is absolutely stable and fun to play on.

And it doesn't have a shady ex-P99 Guide who doubles as a meat vendor, that should be enough reason to play.

CheeseRoll
12-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Now's a great time to try out TAKP if you feel shafted by a server who moved to the Titanium client. Server is absolutely stable and fun to play on.

And it doesn't have a shady ex-P99 Guide who doubles as a meat vendor, that should be enough reason to play.

Where is takp hosted?

Who can pull the plug if they so desire?

Secrets
12-07-2016, 01:13 PM
Where is takp hosted?

Who can pull the plug if they so desire?

Several people have access to the server and it is not in one person's sole control.

By the way mods, CheeseRoll is Rivthis' alt account.

Lulz|Sect
12-07-2016, 01:40 PM
CuckRoll'D

CheeseRoll
12-07-2016, 01:42 PM
Several people have access to the server and it is not in one person's sole control.

By the way mods, CheeseRoll is Rivthis' alt account.

Pics or didn't happen.

By the way mods, Secrets talks smack about you behind your backs.

I can make outlandish statements also

Barkingturtle
12-07-2016, 04:03 PM
It says I have 4 gigs of ram and can thus display two Luclin models.

maskedmelon
12-07-2016, 04:10 PM
Won't let me have more than 2 luck in models turned on either, but I don't really like them anyhoo.

And Mick, dunno, haven't made much FQ there yet, but am currently L3! Population could use some love for sure, but pretty neat to see another flavor of classic. Seems mobs run faster and ui definitely more classic, but chat channels are implemented, so it a mix of more and less classic features. Obviously can box and has pok to help with population challenges. Prolly gonna give it a bit more love alongside FFXI :3

skarlorn
12-07-2016, 05:31 PM
cheese roll really has something to prove lol

take it easy there ol man

AzzarTheGod
12-07-2016, 05:57 PM
Won't let me have more than 2 luck in models turned on either, but I don't really like them anyhoo.

And Mick, dunno, haven't made much FQ there yet, but am currently L3! Population could use some love for sure, but pretty neat to see another flavor of classic. Seems mobs run faster and ui definitely more classic, but chat channels are implemented, so it a mix of more and less classic features. Obviously can box and has pok to help with population challenges. Prolly gonna give it a bit more love alongside FFXI :3

mick who melon? you talking to yourself? yea giraffes tend to do that, nobody to talk to up there.

CheeseRoll
12-07-2016, 06:41 PM
cheese roll really has something to prove lol

take it easy there ol man

what am I trying to prove?

who you are, done

what else am I trying to prove though... would love a list so I can go down it and check it off.

make you proud.

USA USA

skarlorn
12-07-2016, 06:48 PM
you're trying to prove you're worthy of love and acceptance on the p99 forums

going about it with violence and abuse... smh

also u aint proved noffin.

maskedmelon
12-07-2016, 07:26 PM
mick who melon? you talking to yourself? yea giraffes tend to do that, nobody to talk to up there.

Yeah, well, um, he was here a minute ago *looks around* Where could he have gone... hmmmm....

^^

Angushjalmur
12-10-2016, 03:15 AM
p2002 using titanium client now is fuckin dope

Bardalicious
12-11-2016, 03:46 AM
It says I have 4 gigs of ram and can thus display two Luclin models.

It's a bug. Just select all of the models you want turned on and hit enter on the keyboard instead of clicking the next button with the mouse. Don't think it's an issue with the new client though.

Lorian
12-12-2016, 11:22 AM
p2002 using titanium client now is fuckin dope

Love the spelltimers, although Autofire and bard Melody is only half working until Luclin AA's for endless quiver and less missed notes.

Hravn
12-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Ya man, P2002 is on the way to become the P99 of PoP!

Secrets
12-12-2016, 08:13 PM
Ya man, P2002 is on the way to become the EpicEmu of PoP!

FTFY. Please keep this post on topic. This topic is about the better server, TAKProject

Bardalicious
12-24-2016, 05:01 AM
FTFY. Please keep this post on topic. This topic is about the better server, TAKProject

This poster admitted in Discord chat to repeatedly crashing p2002 when they switched the server over to Titanium, via mq2ultracrash, which floods the server with a bunch of bogus data attached to client OP codes.

Sort of ironic after you just got done claiming that you're a better, more mature person these days Secrets.

Lazie
12-24-2016, 07:00 AM
Secrets is right though. I tried both servers and Settled on Takproject because p2002 seemed a lot like EpicEmu. A lot of things broken.

Lazie
12-24-2016, 07:20 AM
Standing on a line for 16 hours to have a chance to kill mobs getting you down ?

Warders never respawning again forcing you to CotH race for Golems in Sleepers just for a chance at a primal burning you out ?

Getting Rule Lawyered over half the mobs you killed frustrating you ?

If you answered yes to all 3 of the questions above TakProject may be the place for you. With the ability to 3 box and a guaranteed future beyond Velious the future is bright.

This week with pals Scryll and Hagz formerly of this server and new friends made there the following mobs were killed by us at a leisurely pace we set.

Ikatiar of the Venom
Eashen of the Sky
Aaryonar
Koi'doken
Lady M
Lady N
Jorlleag
Sevalak
Cekenar
Zlexak
Yelinak
Zlandicar x2
Klandicar
Ventani x2
Hraashna x2
Tukaarak

Some mobs are rotated such as Dozekar and KT between the 2 raiding guilds on the server. It's a nice environment that lets you advance your characters without it feeling like a 2nd job. If this sounds like the environment you would love to play in. Come give it a look.

Daldaen
12-24-2016, 10:46 AM
I watched a twitch stream yesterday of Feshlak and Dagarn being killed in NToV. So crazy where mobs die in their environment because of functioning chase distances.

Tankdan
12-24-2016, 11:12 AM
can you zoom out yet? I couldnt get to level 2 because I couldnt zoom out from first person feltbadman. I might go back to EZServer, got a T10 group on my own.

burkemi5
12-24-2016, 11:16 AM
Fwiw all content is rotated on p02 as well.

Bardalicious
12-24-2016, 11:17 AM
Secrets is right though. I tried both servers and Settled on Takproject because p2002 seemed a lot like EpicEmu. A lot of things broken.

Hey, I can respect your opinion. So long as you aren't trying to bring it across on the back of physically attacking and crashing the server I play on.

In their defense, switching from the old eqmac client to titanium brought on a lot of work on their end to fix bugs inherent to the eqemu source code, but I'm glad that they did and will tolerate the few minor inconveniences I've come across to be able to play on the server without the numerous issues I was having trying to run the eqmac client, such as frequent client crashes and shoddy net code.

Both servers offer a different product. The people that want to have the pure eqmac experience with the half-mac/half-titanium client that goes with it, will go to TakP. People that prefer the convenience and stability of having the titanium client, will go to P2002.

I'm not aware of anyone from the P2002 community attacking the TakP server, why does someone from the TakP community feel the need to attack P2002 if the server is as great as you're advertising it as being? Pretty sad way of trying to get players to your server.

(I don't speak for P2002 btw, this is my own humble opinion)

Bardalicious
12-24-2016, 11:23 AM
can you zoom out yet? I couldnt get to level 2 because I couldnt zoom out from first person feltbadman. I might go back to EZServer, got a T10 group on my own.

I'm actually surprised that nobody has done this yet. I think I read that Haynar might be working on adding that functionality to his eqwindows-style program he works on.

I've actually got a .dll that I made that emulates this function, because I absolutely couldn't stand trying to play without mouse zoom, but it has to be injected into the EQMac eqgame.exe. It's certainly do-able, but I'm guessing it would have to be .dll proxy'd in, sort of how P99 runs it's anti-hacks and oldschool skelly model workaround.

Daldaen
12-24-2016, 11:57 AM

Nope, shits classic man.

If you can't figure out how to play EQ in first person or deal with F9 views, probably not the game for you.

Haynar
12-24-2016, 01:15 PM
I'm actually surprised that nobody has done this yet. I think I read that Haynar might be working on adding that functionality to his eqwindows-style program he works on.

I've actually got a .dll that I made that emulates this function, because I absolutely couldn't stand trying to play without mouse zoom, but it has to be injected into the EQMac eqgame.exe. It's certainly do-able, but I'm guessing it would have to be .dll proxy'd in, sort of how P99 runs it's anti-hacks and oldschool skelly model workaround.
I have the same dll to enable mouse zoom. It would be easy to add to default dll. It was voted down.

What is being worked on it getting window to work closer to newer clients with mouse not locked. Also a built in client switcher, with similar functionality to wineq2. And an auto log in and store passwords launcher.

There are plenty of improvements possible for pc client. Just takes time.

Scroll wheel enabling has been voted down as an added feature. Because it wasn't part of that era client. Which is funny. Because disabling scroll wheel on p99 was voted down because it would upset too many. Even though it was classic.

Skew
12-24-2016, 02:59 PM
Standing on a line for 16 hours to have a chance to kill mobs getting you down ?

Warders never respawning again forcing you to CotH race for Golems in Sleepers just for a chance at a primal burning you out ?

Getting Rule Lawyered over half the mobs you killed frustrating you ?

If you answered yes to all 3 of the questions above TakProject may be the place for you. With the ability to 3 box and a guaranteed future beyond Velious the future is bright.

This week with pals Scryll and Hagz formerly of this server and new friends made there the following mobs were killed by us at a leisurely pace we set.

Ikatiar of the Venom
Eashen of the Sky
Aaryonar
Koi'doken
Lady M
Lady N
Jorlleag
Sevalak
Cekenar
Zlexak
Yelinak
Zlandicar x2
Klandicar
Ventani x2
Hraashna x2
Tukaarak

Some mobs are rotated such as Dozekar and KT between the 2 raiding guilds on the server. It's a nice environment that lets you advance your characters without it feeling like a 2nd job. If this sounds like the environment you would love to play in. Come give it a look.

Lazie you magnificent bastard. Merry Christmas!

Bardalicious
12-24-2016, 04:09 PM
Scroll wheel enabling has been voted down as an added feature. Because it wasn't part of that era client. Which is funny. Because disabling scroll wheel on p99 was voted down because it would upset too many. Even though it was classic.

Go figure! That is pretty funny.

Torven
12-24-2016, 04:15 PM
numerous issues I was having trying to run the eqmac client, such as frequent client crashes and shoddy net code.

Both servers offer a different product. The people that want to have the pure eqmac experience with the half-mac/half-titanium client that goes with it, will go to TakP. People that prefer the convenience and stability of having the titanium client, will go to P2002.

We (well, Haynar) fixed the stability issues after they forked our code and we closed the source. The crashing/LDs experienced on P2002 is not an issue on TAKP. (or at least greatly reduced) Titanium is not issue free either, and no longer supported in EQEmu, so don't expect fixes to any problems that arise.

I'm not aware of anyone from the P2002 community attacking the TakP server, why does someone from the TakP community feel the need to attack P2002 if the server is as great as you're advertising it as being? Pretty sad way of trying to get players to your server.

P2002 staff (not mere users) are guilty of:

* Exploiting content on our server before we banned them
* Bashing TAKP staff on anonymous forum accounts and discouraging users from trying to play with us
* Impersonating me on Reddit
* Sending TAKP staff lengthy expletive laden hate filled PMs
* Plagiarizing my code

Then there's the thread devoted to vile things said about Secrets they hosted for months before being shamed into deleting it.

Lazie
12-24-2016, 04:23 PM
Lazie you magnificent bastard. Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Buddy!

Secrets
12-24-2016, 06:37 PM
This poster admitted in Discord chat to repeatedly crashing p2002 when they switched the server over to Titanium, via mq2ultracrash, which floods the server with a bunch of bogus data attached to client OP codes.

Sort of ironic after you just got done claiming that you're a better, more mature person these days Secrets.

I did not use MQ2UltraCrash to crash P2002. We made amends with the person who provoked me and that was that. Salty did most of the trolling anyways. It was an elfpals dispute gone wrong. Have nothing against the server really, just a person that played on that server at the time.

Secrets
12-24-2016, 07:26 PM
yikes

Baler
12-24-2016, 07:40 PM
http://i.imgur.com/nlLrF8d.gif
P2002 is shit. P99 is #1.

Uuruk
12-24-2016, 07:49 PM
Lol if you were ever active in an elf server dispute.

skarlorn
12-24-2016, 09:03 PM
It was an elfpals dispute gone wrong.

ALERT: if you or someone you cares about utters these words, it's time to disconnect their internet

Kowalski
12-24-2016, 09:16 PM

Videri
12-25-2016, 02:55 PM
• How much of the TAKP population boxes? Can you get into groups if boxing is not your thing?
• What's the class distribution like? Does everyone have shaman+monk+enc or something like that?

Bardalicious
12-25-2016, 03:19 PM
* Exploiting content on our server before we banned them
* Bashing TAKP staff on anonymous forum accounts and discouraging users from trying to play with us
* Impersonating me on Reddit
* Sending TAKP staff lengthy expletive laden hate filled PMs
* Plagiarizing my code

I'm not familiar with any of this, though I'd love to see proof of these accusations. Any time TAKP, P99 or anyone else for that matter has been discussed in a negative way in P2002 discord chat by players, GM's have been quick to stop the conversation in a mature manner.

I don't see how any of that excuses someone crashing P2002 though.

In any case, I digress. Not trying to derail this thread.

Torven
12-25-2016, 04:28 PM
Oh, there's a lot more than that.

Much of the proof is in old threads here. I don't want to shit up this thread any more though. If people care, they can PM me for details.

I strongly recommend that people vet the servers they are about to invest a large amount of time into.

Haynar
12-25-2016, 06:31 PM
The staff on p02 are trying. There are some good people on p02. Trust. Tollen. Eunomia. To name a few. All good people that have interests in making everyone have a good playing experience.

Takp is a preservation project. Preserving Al'Kabor.

Takp staff and users just want p02 to leave them alone. Plain and simple.

H

Uuruk
12-25-2016, 06:32 PM
Eunomia is on p2002? Lol is she trying to get people to stop using /ooc there too?

burkemi5
12-26-2016, 10:15 AM
Takp staff and users just want p02 to leave them alone. Plain and simple.

H

The inverse of this is also true.

Torven
12-26-2016, 03:17 PM
The healing can start by stopping the rude spamming of that server in other emus' threads and forums

burkemi5
12-26-2016, 03:32 PM
The healing can start by stopping the rude spamming of that server in other emus' threads and forums

As long as it's ok that you advertise your own emu though right? There's no other place to talk about p02 on here without getting deleted.

Torven
12-26-2016, 03:45 PM
I didn't start this thread; nor did TAKP staff.

If you haven't noticed, Haynar is a dev for both projects and TAKP has close ties with EQEmu. p02 had threads here until p02 staff and users started one too many flame wars.

Uuruk
12-26-2016, 03:50 PM
You guys are all fucking sad

Lenas
12-27-2016, 06:02 PM
• How much of the TAKP population boxes? Can you get into groups if boxing is not your thing?
• What's the class distribution like? Does everyone have shaman+monk+enc or something like that?

Probably 80% of us, however many have gotten to 60 solo. Anyone with 3 people in group should be willing to add another because a trio is the last efficient exp split.

Rogues, rangers, wizards are probably in biggest demand.

SamwiseRed
12-27-2016, 06:11 PM
Eunomia is on p2002? Lol is she trying to get people to stop using /ooc there too?

lmao

Lazie
12-28-2016, 11:39 AM
Probably 80% of us, however many have gotten to 60 solo. Anyone with 3 people in group should be willing to add another because a trio is the last efficient exp split.

Rogues, rangers, wizards are probably in biggest demand.

Rogues, Clerics, Monks, Rangers IMO.

Heck though even more Shaman would be great and even for the complaints Warriors that play Warrior well are still in demand IMO.

Uuruk
12-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Rogues, Clerics, Monks, Rangers IMO.

Heck though even more Shaman would be great and even for the complaints Warriors that play Warrior well are still in demand IMO.

Fuck ya, can't wait to raid Velious for years to come with Secrets on the staff.

SIKE

Lazie
12-28-2016, 12:16 PM
Fuck ya, can't wait to raid Velious for years to come with Secrets on the staff.

SIKE

You mean Luclin and PoP ? This isn't a P99 server.

Uuruk
12-28-2016, 12:20 PM
You mean Luclin and PoP ? This isn't a P99 server.

But currently on Velious and probably won't see Luclin for a long time to come with PoP never happening?

Lazie
12-28-2016, 12:47 PM
But currently on Velious and probably won't see Luclin for a long time to come with PoP never happening?

Should probably go back to RNF with your bad trolling. :)

Uuruk
12-28-2016, 01:08 PM
Should probably go back to RNF with your bad trolling. :)
Pretty sure people will be on Mars before PoP ever launches on that server. I imagine Secrets will berg out like every other time and shit won't happen.

Amyas
12-28-2016, 01:14 PM
I want a end at luclin server so bad =(

Uuruk
12-28-2016, 01:26 PM
I want a end at luclin server so bad =(

Luclin is awful minus AA

surron
12-28-2016, 01:26 PM
Pretty sure people will be on Mars before PoP ever launches on that server. I imagine Secrets will berg out like every other time and shit won't happen.

You're dumb af honestly and don't know what you're talking about.

Secrets doesn't do any content design, he helps with raw client mods and networking. He is not in charge of the server.

So what does Secrets 'berging' out do with anything?

As for content taking a while, its called releasing polished content. Something p99 did with Velious. No content worth playing on is open source. So if you don't care about accurate content have fun on p2002 which is taken from PEQ.

Uuruk
12-28-2016, 01:34 PM
You're dumb af honestly and don't know what you're talking about.

Secrets doesn't do any content design, he helps with raw client mods and networking. He is not in charge of the server.

So what does Secrets 'berging' out do with anything?

As for content taking a while, its called releasing polished content. Something p99 did with Velious. No content worth playing on is open source. So if you don't care about accurate content have fun on p2002 which is taken from PEQ.

See ya on Mars?

surron
12-28-2016, 01:39 PM
nobody loves poke, won't help fix my graphics issue =(

Did you download the latest client from the wiki?

If not, and you do not want to re-download your directory. Install this into existing directory http://www.redguides.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6733&d=1414435928

its EQMules patch 2.2 which has a NVidia graphics bug fix

Uuruk
12-28-2016, 01:50 PM
Did you download the latest client from the wiki?

If not, and you do not want to re-download your directory. Install this into existing directory http://www.redguides.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=6733&d=1414435928

its EQMules patch 2.2 which has a NVidia graphics bug fix

Reported for linking RMT site. Enjoy the ban.

surron
12-28-2016, 01:57 PM
Keep trying man, there's got to be someone out there that thinks you're cool. #NeverGiveUp

Lenas
12-28-2016, 02:00 PM
The server devs have a timeline that they have stuck to thus far, no reason to think they wont continue to do so. Luclin is scheduled for 2017 and POP will be released in two parts starting 2018.

Haynar
12-28-2016, 07:32 PM
Do not use eqmules 2.2. It does not have the crash fixes. Use download from wiki.

The DL from wiki includes all of eqmules changes, a built in framerate limiter, and various crash fixes associated with changing resolutions and gamma changes from windows. Also in wiki download are the updated emitter files that fix many area specific sounds in the game. For the wiki download run eqw.exe to get started. Alt-Enter will switch client to a boarderless full screen window if desired.

Vasuki
12-28-2016, 08:19 PM
Reported for linking RMT site. Enjoy the ban.

You're dumb

Uuruk
12-28-2016, 08:35 PM
You're dumb

Reported for RMT

maskedmelon
12-30-2016, 09:31 PM
there a soulbinder or something in kelethin, or even FoB?

maskedmelon
12-30-2016, 09:37 PM
I found it! :D

maskedmelon
12-30-2016, 10:03 PM
there a way to move the windows around? I am considering making more mes, but not being able to see the multi-mes while playing is disconcerting.

Also having trouble settling on naming conventions and race/class.

Lenas
12-31-2016, 12:07 AM
there a way to move the windows around?

Windows or OSX?

I think ctrl + alt + R releases the mouse in Windows.

maskedmelon
12-31-2016, 12:09 AM
Windows or OSX?

I think ctrl + alt + R releases the mouse in Windows.

omgosh i love u. ty ty ty ty ty ty ty TY

windows ^^

Lazie
01-22-2017, 10:09 PM
With me looting my Shroud this evening all our Main Monks in Destiny now have them.

http://imgur.com/YD1Bnz9

We need some new Monks to loot these.

Happy
01-23-2017, 01:56 PM
A+ Server. Would recommend

Lenas
01-24-2017, 03:16 AM
No luck needed. Best emu server this side of the Mississippi and not stopping at Velious.

Widan
01-24-2017, 01:44 PM
I tried both TakP and p2002. p2002 has twice the population it seems, it reaches over 300 now sometimes. Also you can't mousewheel zoom on TakP so playing an enchanter is terrible, and p2002 uses Titanium so all in all better quality of life on p2002. As someone who knows 0 people on either server I'd have to go with p2002.

kruch66
01-24-2017, 02:45 PM
Been playing this server a lot as of late. The immersion with the first person view and the actual human/erudite/barb vision is very real. I got used to not being able to scroll out to third person quicker than I thought I would. But yeah, I wouldn't try an enchanter there ;)

TAKP is awesome.

Haynar
01-24-2017, 04:37 PM
I tried both TakP and p2002. p2002 has twice the population it seems, it reaches over 300 now sometimes. Also you can't mousewheel zoom on TakP so playing an enchanter is terrible, and p2002 uses Titanium so all in all better quality of life on p2002. As someone who knows 0 people on either server I'd have to go with p2002.

Never making it past level 1 is not "trying it".

Having fun where you play is more important anyways.

Some of the titanium features are needed for certain play styles. The older clients are not for everyone.

H

Lenas
01-24-2017, 05:06 PM
Also you can't mousewheel zoom on TakP so playing an enchanter is terrible

man pressing f9 is so hard

bigjerry
01-24-2017, 05:11 PM
i also didnt think enchanters were worth playing until wow came out

B4EQWASCOOL
01-24-2017, 05:26 PM
lol

Lazie
01-24-2017, 06:52 PM

I'll take the better coded server over a scroll wheel every day. I did try both servers and actually leveled characters past 20 on both and without a doubt TakP is the better server IMO. I do understand your desire for scroll wheel though. It does take a couple minutes to get over that. Key word being minutes.

Widan
01-25-2017, 12:56 AM
Don't forget the more than double population on p2002. Playing red for a few years was enough for me, this time around I'd like other people on my server.

Lazie
01-25-2017, 03:21 AM
Don't forget the more than double population on p2002. Playing red for a few years was enough for me, this time around I'd like other people on my server.

Right this minute

128 people on Project 2002

132 on Takproject

What numbers are you looking at ?

Swish
01-25-2017, 03:51 AM
Right this minute

132 on Takproject

Take maybe 40-50% off those pops with people boxing :(

Widan
01-25-2017, 05:11 AM
Right this minute

132 on Takproject

300 at primetime. Also Tak allows 4 boxes if one is a trader, p2002 doesn't so Tak numbers are inflated by 20-40 at most times.

I mean play on which server you like but I'm not seeing the draw of Tak over p2002.

Swish
01-25-2017, 05:37 AM
Shit take off maybe 60-70% of the pop then. Good luck to those that play, I just think on a boxing server the true pop is something of a mystery.

Torven
01-25-2017, 11:31 AM
Somehow I doubt all the traders on p2002 disappear in prime time. TAKP has around 20-25 traders up at any given time from what I see, not 40.

I'm sorry but TAKP devs refuse to go around shilling our server on every EQ Emu board we can find. If that hurts our population then so be it. I'm amazed that the other Emu moderators tolerate those threads.

Have fun on the server that can't even be bothered to parse Trakanon's max hit.

Barkingturtle
01-25-2017, 11:57 AM
I've tried both, TAKP first. The client just ran really poorly on my laptop, even if I was only playing one character. On p2002 I can 3-box and it's no problem. I play alone 99.9% of the time so don't really care about population numbers, but I gotta say the economy on TAKP just seemed completely non-existant to me. My trader spent days in the bazaar and I never sold a thing. That's what initially made me give p2002 a try. It has been a little better in that regard. Not much, but a little. Both servers' communities are just miles ahead of p99 at this point, though. Friendly folks abound all over. I'd say give 'em each a shot. Can't hurt unless you develop a crippling addiction to both.

kruch66
01-25-2017, 12:24 PM
The client is the main reason I enjoy TAKP. It is so clean and stable. Initially, I had some problems with it on my laptop but once I turned off dynamic lighting, everything ran smooth.

khanable
01-25-2017, 12:30 PM
I can 100% understand people being salty about the TAKP client, from a play-ability stand point titanium > takp client, easily

That said, the nostalgia from that client is overwhelming and I'm enjoying the shit out of it. TAKP is where I go to buy a lantern and roam around in first person with the EQ music turned up. ;)

bigjerry
01-25-2017, 12:44 PM
The client is the main reason I enjoy TAKP. It is so clean and stable. Initially, I had some problems with it on my laptop but once I turned off dynamic lighting, everything ran smooth.

zoning in 1 second is increible

burkemi5
01-25-2017, 02:07 PM
Both of the servers are box servers. Obviously you can't box an entire raid with 3, but it's nice to be able to level on your own and be able to tackle most epic and low tier stuff with 2-4 real people. Boxing isn't for everyone, but I'm sure most of us have wasted hours being lfg on p99 or waiting for people to log in to do content. If you don't mind boxing and like being able to do stuff when you actually want, try out one of these servers. And they both have good raid scenes too.

Lenas
01-25-2017, 02:19 PM
Can't even read newbie guild notes on p2002. Take a look at their bug forums some time, some of the shit there is asinine. Spells don't work, initial skill levels aren't right, rampage sounds broken, range weapons have unlimited z-axis...

and every official response is, "we've put it on our internal tracker and will comment on this at a later time"

lol

Haynar
01-25-2017, 03:00 PM
P02 is basically a brand new server. They switched to an eqemu code base and the db is basically peq, so they still have to fix stuff. So be nice to them.

bigjerry
01-25-2017, 03:03 PM
Can't even read newbie guild notes on p2002. Take a look at their bug forums some time, some of the shit there is asinine. Spells don't work, initial skill levels aren't right, rampage sounds broken, range weapons have unlimited z-axis...

and every official response is, "we've put it on our internal tracker and will comment on this at a later time"

lol

its a voluntear project you entitled monkey. your family should be sent to a camp for that post

Secrets
01-26-2017, 04:04 AM
its a voluntear project you entitled monkey. your family should be sent to a camp for that post

TAKP is a volunteer server too. What's your point?

fryguy503
02-10-2017, 12:37 PM
I want to make it clear.

TAKP is fantastic for the goal they are aiming for.

P2002 is working hard at the goal they are aiming for.

They are not the same, they are not aiming for the same goal. P2002 takes shitposting serious, it is in our rules and have suspended people for doing so on a number of occasions. P2002'ers Leave TAKP alone.

The P2002 Staff respects TAKP, has given them tons of shout outs for the incredible work they have done, not only on their server but for the EQEmu community as a whole.

This post is about TAKP, lets keep it on track.

-Trust

Torven
02-11-2017, 08:28 PM
The P2002 Staff respects TAKP, has given them tons of shout outs for the incredible work they have done, not only on their server but for the EQEmu community as a whole.

This is hilariously untrue.

You joined the team over there after they decided to try and become grown-ups.

Let me know when Iance is banned over there.

AzzarTheGod
02-11-2017, 08:40 PM
P02 is basically a brand new server. They switched to an eqemu code base and the db is basically peq, so they still have to fix stuff. So be nice to them.

yikes PEQ db is atrocious. thats a lot of labor and man hours to clean and fix up from scratch.

Lenas
02-12-2017, 05:53 AM
-Trust

You're Trust? Good to know.

Swish
02-12-2017, 07:03 AM
yikes PEQ db is atrocious. thats a lot of labor and man hours to clean and fix up from scratch.

Someone needs to clean up the PEQ standard base and delete the current one forever. Its hundreds of hours of work over and over for whoever picks it up.

LostCause
02-12-2017, 07:27 AM

not classic.

Swish
02-12-2017, 07:29 AM
I think what we really need is a 3rd PoP era emulated server with a handful of people on that addresses everyone's concerns with the current two here.

Haynar
02-12-2017, 11:20 AM
I think what we really need is a 3rd PoP era emulated server with a handful of people on that addresses everyone's concerns with the current two here.

Agreed. We need a new PoP server. So ppl will bitch about them Instead. Maybe a pop server that is 100% accurate. No bugs. Allows pvp on tuesdays. Item loot on wed. And pve on fri, sat & sun. Allows boxing on mon & thur only. Doesn't snoop ur system, but somehow automagically instabans hackers.

Yep. Sign me up.

Hravn
02-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Agreed. We need a new PoP server. So ppl will bitch about them Instead. Maybe a pop server that is 100% accurate. No bugs. Allows pvp on tuesdays. Item loot on wed. And pve on fri, sat & sun. Allows boxing on mon & thur only. Doesn't snoop ur system, but somehow automagically instabans hackers.

Yep. Sign me up.

Whats there is fine, really! Another server would just lead to more of the same moaning by the same people.

P99 = Velious Clone
P2002 = PoP Clone
TAKP = AlKabor PoP Clone

Why dont TAKP remove boxing, then all the dudes on P99 that say boxing puts them off could play post-Velious content there? Then they'd have a sporting chance to catch up with P2002 as well?

bigjerry
02-14-2017, 02:48 PM
Whats there is fine, really! Another server would just lead to more of the same moaning by the same people.

P99 = Velious Clone
P2002 = PoP Clone
TAKP = AlKabor PoP Clone

Why dont TAKP remove boxing, then all the dudes on P99 that say boxing puts them off could play post-Velious content there? Then they'd have a sporting chance to catch up with P2002 as well?

why would you want to draw people out of the autism quarantine zone? takp population is just fine.

Torven
02-14-2017, 10:09 PM
Why should we change our box limit instead of the server that launched after us using our copied database and server code?

A_Large_Bat
02-14-2017, 11:28 PM
Why should we change our box limit instead of the server that launched after us using our copied database and server code?

Copied? Wasn't TAKP originally Open Source/GPL?

Oh:
Source (Not up to date from what it looks like)
https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server
https://github.com/EQMacEmu/Server/blob/master/GPL.txt

Database (Also not up to date from what it looks like)
http://www.takproject.net/redirect/monthlydump.php

And from what I understand, They do not use the server code anymore? Database I have no idea. Think I will stick to TLP until the landscape calms down.

Speedi
02-15-2017, 12:02 AM
Do both p2002 and Takp allow boxing?

Haynar
02-15-2017, 12:09 AM
Do both p2002 and Takp allow boxing?
Thank goodness they do.

Some of us actually like to box.

Can u imagine? You can box. Not box. You can play how you want.

Haynar
02-15-2017, 12:15 AM
Phinny allows boxes and doesn't have secrets anywhere near it. Join phinny today.

I don't see it on emu server list. Is that a new server?

Mistle
02-15-2017, 12:21 AM
I played on Test server for a long time back in the Luclin/PoP era on Live. This was when it still played like a regular server (no transfers or anything poisoning it from outside), just with occasional... weirdness, and GMs actually present and willing to talk right in chat (the GMs were also a part of the weirdness, tbh). It was great, small community, people exploring learning and raiding together, few hard feelings, plentiful targets and content.

Takp is the closest thing I have seen since then to that atmosphere. It's what I want from EQ now.

I log in Fieldfare from time to time on p99, mostly to rez people in Unrest. I do play on Phinny because I have many friends there still and PoP is an exceptionally cool expansion in many regards (plus being a frog is cool). But Takp is where I expect my playtime to still feel like the EQ I have loved for eighteen years. What a great server, glad I found it.

Pokesan
02-15-2017, 12:23 AM
ive been single boxing a druid, if logging in to refresh breeze doesn't count :)

Babayaaga
02-15-2017, 12:26 AM
Gats and Cloki wru? :)

Haynar
02-15-2017, 01:38 PM
i think its one of those live servers run by people who know what they are doing

( i also think the people managing it actually give a shit too ! )
And they are unpaid volunteers? Or ppl pulling down 6 figure salaries?

Thanks for your meaningful insight.

Here's ur sign.

H

bigjerry
02-15-2017, 01:41 PM
haynar calm you're tits dude

everybody love u but u seem easy to rustle just chill god

dafier
02-15-2017, 01:47 PM
6 figure salaries....

Even if you aren't in CA which is easy to make the 100k +, because that's about middle wage in CA, but 6 figure isn't all what it is cracked up to be, UNLESS the first number starts with an 8 or a 9.

Once you crack that and if you are smart enough, your real take home will be less than 100k, because all of the rest is going in to some kind of 'investment'.

Also, I highly doubt a game company is paying 'good' money for coders on an mmo. Their doors are revolving...ALL THE TIME! I have a few friends in the field and they've worked for big names like EA and more.

It's honestly a scam. They hire you, make you work 60 hour weeks only to lay you off within 2 years or less. Then they move that 'software' production to Canada to save money for a few years, then back to the US, then....well rinse and repeat.

Lazie
02-15-2017, 02:00 PM
i think its one of those live servers run by people who know what they are doing

( i also think the people managing it actually give a shit too ! )

When did Lives' Devs finally learn what they were doing ? All I remember about live was them continuously messing up a good thing.

dafier
02-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Lazie, the devs didn't mess anything up. It was their nazi bosses that told them to 'patch' that or 'make it this way because we need to not have something be so OP'

Lazie
02-15-2017, 02:09 PM
Lazie, the devs didn't mess anything up. It was their nazi bosses that told them to 'patch' that or 'make it this way because we need to not have something be so OP'

Is this eyewitness reports ? I don't trust 3rd hand information sir.

dafier
02-15-2017, 02:13 PM
Well you got me there. I don't have photos or news articles to reference. But, I assure you all those companies are the same. They, in the end, are all crap.

Great to work for at first, decent money, environment is fun, good people, then ... there is the door.

Go work for a medical or web dev company. Stay safe.

dafier
02-15-2017, 05:51 PM
i would bet a years salary this idiot is not above 30k a year

I am 50 years old, single and live with my mom. I work at Circle-K. Damn you are gud.

SmallpaulTZ
02-15-2017, 07:07 PM
Getting back on track...

Great server, improving all the time, great community & as others have said, you can play your way; 1-3 characters!:D

You really don't need to box in order to play at the current end game, nor to gain levels. However for the latter it can help. ;)

Mistle
02-15-2017, 09:18 PM
I have not yet met someone that wouldn't dump a box to get a real person. All group sizes above 3 are more efficient exp (by design), and a real person plays better than a box on a second or third window.

SmallpaulTZ
02-15-2017, 09:27 PM
Yep Mistle has it right! :)

I Totally forgot about the whole exp gain to be had by way of grouping mechanism. :)

Mistle
02-20-2017, 03:54 AM
48 levels of Beastlord = hmm haw whatever. L49, holy fuck this thing is a machine gun...

Vianna
02-22-2017, 01:15 PM
Might check this out.

Lazie
02-22-2017, 01:24 PM
Recent adventures with friends...

Dozekar spawns before the patch and the guild with him on Rotation passes. We assemble 26 characters and take him down 10 minutes before the server closes.

Ogee joined the ranks of Takproject a month and a half ago. His Ranger has a Bow of the Destroyer and a Primal already. His raid attendance is about 10% so far. That casual life!

Want to raid on a schedule that leaves you with time for your social lives ?

Want to play on a very classic client that sets off the Nostalgia x1000 ?

If you don't mind sharing the pixels with others and if you want to leave the raid scene where guilds are constantly at each others throats. Give Takproject a look.

Daldaen
02-22-2017, 01:31 PM
On Monday the guild who had CT on rotation passed on him so we went in, killed all 3 golems, dracoliche and CT in about 2 hours time with 30-40 toons. Being that all 9 of our clerics present were Alts we rolled on the Halo and I won it for my 60 Cleric.

I also picked up the Shissar Head from Wraith for my 60 Enchanter, the last 4 heads we happened to have Main or further along enchanters for it. I also grabbed a Ball of Everliving Golem for my warrior.

Yesterday I finished my 47 warrior's epic after getting the Giants Sized Monocle in Dreadlands! I tagged along with another guilds Royals clear where they didn't need the blade. They were kind enough to let me loot it. Asking to pay for loot rights never crossed their mind.

Later this week our guild is getting added to the rotation officially and we will be attempting Yelinak/Zlandicar/Klandicar for the first time probably. Should be some good fun!

Daldaen
02-22-2017, 01:45 PM
But eventually raiding Luclin where you can park CoTH bots and do VT without clearing trash? Or doing PoP where it's actually challenging due to lower DPS tables and lower Heal values and no consumables of consequence. Mmm so gooood.

Vianna
02-22-2017, 01:56 PM
cool

Lazie
02-22-2017, 01:59 PM
On Monday the guild who had CT on rotation passed on him so we went in, killed all 3 golems, dracoliche and CT in about 2 hours time with 30-40 toons. Being that all 9 of our clerics present were Alts we rolled on the Halo and I won it for my 60 Cleric.

I also picked up the Shissar Head from Wraith for my 60 Enchanter, the last 4 heads we happened to have Main or further along enchanters for it. I also grabbed a Ball of Everliving Golem for my warrior.

Yesterday I finished my 47 warrior's epic after getting the Giants Sized Monocle in Dreadlands! I tagged along with another guilds Royals clear where they didn't need the blade. They were kind enough to let me loot it. Asking to pay for loot rights never crossed their mind.

Later this week our guild is getting added to the rotation officially and we will be attempting Yelinak/Zlandicar/Klandicar for the first time probably. Should be some good fun!

It is interesting. Think we have like 3 main clerics total. The rest are alts. It's nice having a server where you can load up an alt cleric when needed to fill out a raid.

Lazie
02-22-2017, 02:00 PM
The thought of raiding Velious gets me so hard.

Sike

Don't understand the point of the post ? If you don't enjoy it don't give it a look. Have fun with whatever you choose sir. I like playing EQ with my friends and doing things that benefit them and their characters.

khanable
02-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Hit 30 with my ranger. Finishing up a time flag on phinny for my afk pal and then I'll return to the glorious first person grind. Now with sow! Get rekt slow runners!

Daldaen
02-22-2017, 03:25 PM
Posted bug report on Sunday about an incorrect respawn timer. Then Bi-weekly Wednesday afternoon patch included the fix for this bug report. The volunteer staff are really incredible on TAKP.

Haynar
02-22-2017, 03:51 PM
When is Luclin coming out? (Serious question)
Goal is an expansion a year. Velious dropped this past Oct, so that puts Luclin late 2017.

Mistle
03-03-2017, 04:58 PM
Got my first two pieces of HoT loot last night (but not the faction yet!). Lots of time to gear up and get 60 before Luclin!

Takp can be to the glorious PoP era as p99 used to be to the classic Era. Come and play!

Phatso
03-03-2017, 10:11 PM
just started on here today. Still trying to figure out exactly what i want to box. I probably would have changed out monk for bard if melody was on here. Tempted to change out the monk with cleric, because cleric so easy to box. Still trying to decide on the monk spot.

Currently my plan is:

Chowda (Shaman)
Capt (warrior)
Bigwu (monk)

any tips/downloads to make 3 boxing a little easier? I haven't boxed since the first eq progression server

Torven
03-04-2017, 06:59 AM
The client from the wiki comes with a program called HotKeyNet and a simple script (Script.txt) that you can use to switch client windows using the numpad, so you can just hit numpad 1, 2, and 3 to switch client windows instead of alt-tab. This will prevent issues with key alt key sticking. Hitting left control + F12 will also launch 3 clients at once.

A future client release will no longer have alt key sticking issues or the mouse cursor stuck inside the client window, but I don't have an ETA on that.

Beware that monks here have a low AC cap, so don't expect monks to tank well here at higher levels.

You might want to reconsider making 2 melee classes. It's a pain to box multiple melee characters unless you run multiple physical boxes and even then you have to constantly mash flying kick or backstab on one keyboard. Some people do it though. As always, play what you enjoy most.

Phatso
03-04-2017, 06:52 PM
yea, im rethinking my strategy a bit. What i really want is something thats easier to work with, then possibly switch up to what i want exactly. Kind of thinking war cleric enc now

Elroz
03-05-2017, 02:32 PM
I've been playing on TAKP for over 2 years now and it's the best experience I've had with Everquest since I played on Terris-Thule back in 2000-2004. The PoP-era client is one of the big draws to the server in my opinion. The nostalgia from playing the game using the same tools I had back in 2002 is amazing.

Lots of people doing coldain shawls, so it's easy to make money selling tradeskill components at early levels. Asking for free gear isn't a sin if you're starting out fresh, most people hand out gear before they'd even consider selling. Hit up PoK or /join alliance channel and introduce yourself, you're bound to run into plenty of nice and helpful players.

kickerofelves
03-11-2017, 04:38 AM
it's easy to find information about how good certain classes are during velious, but what about PoP?

I know wizards and rangers are supposed to be pretty great, and magician pets are supposed to kinda suck

where do all the other classes stand compared to where they are in velious? like are enchanter charm pets still incredibly powerful?

Swish
03-11-2017, 04:59 AM
If I was to choose between TAKP and that other server, TAKP would get me every time.

Torven
03-11-2017, 10:51 AM
it's easy to find information about how good certain classes are during velious, but what about PoP?

I know wizards and rangers are supposed to be pretty great, and magician pets are supposed to kinda suck

where do all the other classes stand compared to where they are in velious? like are enchanter charm pets still incredibly powerful?

Depends what you want to do and playstyle.

Enchanters will be very strong on TAKP because they were in early PoP. I have some old fraps footage of my enchanter pet out-DPSing TWO chain casting Strike of Solusek wizards that I still need to make a youtube video of. PoP NPCs hit really hard compared to older content. Charm is so strong that entire groups form to support the charming enchanter: druid for snare, cleric for CHing pets, a malo caster, bard to 'roll mez' on charmed pets, etc.

Ranger archery will be great starting in Luclin, however I have successfully replicated the bug that prevents archery damage on cornered NPCs, which is really needed to balance them. Trueshot rangers on uncornered raid bosses that die in 3 minutes will probably top the DPS meter. (note however that some bosses have higher AC than others)

I played a wizard from 1999-2004, and two wizards on on AK, so I have some authority to speak about them. Wizards are great on raids up until your rogues and rangers get high end gear, then those classes will catch up or surpass them depending on the raid boss. However it's much less simple when you factor in that A) wizards are SUPER easy to box and melee are not, B) some bosses are melee unfriendly (e.g. AoE rampage) and C) wizards are aggro limited in ways that rogues and rangers are not.

Wizards will either shine or suck terribly in exp groups depending on A) mana regen buffs (MGB KEI on lower level characters makes them great and lasts 4 hours) and B) how efficient your group is in pulls. Good groups keep melee 'fed' with NPCs full-time which makes casters less competitive.

Mages are really, really good in classic but lose power with every expac. Mages pair well with enchanters however due to malo which will be needed to charm lots of PoP stuff, as well as summoned weapons. Also mages can charm a handful of PoP NPCs. (elementals in BoT)

DoTs from multiple Necros stack on TAKP so they become fairly good DPS on raid bosses as well. It's hard to gauge though since the damage is hidden.

Monks are, to be honest, mediocre at the high end in PoP. A Beast is required for buffs. They seem to be competitive in Velious but I can't say how it will be in PoP.

Druids can charm certain PoP NPCs and get a CH-lite spell, so they're in pretty good shape. Shaman slows become less useful in PoP because of all the slow mitigation.

ArtVandelayy
03-11-2017, 01:00 PM

They are the most powerful during pop probably. I remember they were really vital against RZTW, which was arguably one of the hardest fights in the whole expansion, to charm a pit mob and dps him down. But they usually need support in groups because the pets are so dangerous.

Mistle
03-11-2017, 11:03 PM
With no autofire ranger (using archery) will be extremely high maintenance in a box group, that's its major disadvantage. But for people not boxing, it will be the cream of the crop in PoP.

Secrets
03-21-2017, 12:35 PM
Nemce gave me his high energy and this was produced today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDjzyJ46YW8

Pokesan
03-21-2017, 05:41 PM

quite the development! window locking is, I think, the main issue new people have with TAK when they try it. Looking forward to some new/old faces giving it a whirl after this gets released

Haynar
03-21-2017, 07:52 PM

Not Classic!!!!!

khanable
03-21-2017, 08:31 PM
That's awesome

Froakula
03-27-2017, 10:06 PM
Unlock that mouse please patch that in!

Secrets
03-28-2017, 07:14 PM
Free the Mouse is here for TAKP!!

If you guys are interested in testing an early build of Free the Mouse - and don't care too much about voiding your install's warranty, you can try it out now.

Just extract to a TAKP client folder, delete wsock32.dll if it exists, double click eqgame.exe and play. No patchme or eqw.exe needed.

This also contains fixes for eqgame.dll, which fixes alt sticking when switching windows.

Download is on the TAKP Forums.

bigjerry
03-28-2017, 07:26 PM

If you guys are interested in testing an early build of Free the Mouse - and don't care too much about voiding your install's warranty, you can try it out now.

Just extract to a TAKP client folder, delete wsock32.dll if it exists, double click eqgame.exe and play. No patchme or eqw.exe needed.

This also contains fixes for eqgame.dll, which fixes alt sticking when switching windows.

yoooo that's woke as hell, cutie.

ffxiv?

Pokesan
03-29-2017, 05:51 PM

works great! bold is for dums like me who try to run eqw.exe

SmallpaulTZ
03-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Free mouse is a fantastic addition to an ever improving server!
Tired of stagnant, top heavy & 'might is right' servers? Then give TAKP a go. Single boxers most welcome :)

Haynar
03-30-2017, 01:08 PM
Free mouse is a fantastic addition to an ever improving server!
Tired of stagnant, top heavy & 'might is right' servers? Then give TAKP a go. Single boxers most welcome :)
I think single boxers of any and all classes are most desired by any guild.

kgallowaypa
03-30-2017, 01:50 PM
Besides freemouse, couldn't someone just use a lightweight macro program to bind mouse wheel up/down to the keys used in the client for moving the camera in and out?

Haynar
03-30-2017, 02:36 PM
Besides freemouse, couldn't someone just use a lightweight macro program to bind mouse wheel up/down to the keys used in the client for moving the camera in and out?

Tried it with just key redirection. Sucks ass. You need macroquest to have it do a fair job. Still not near as good as titanium.

Mistle
03-30-2017, 04:43 PM
Theres lots of new people Haynar, maybe we should redo that vote.

Haynar
03-30-2017, 04:52 PM
Theres lots of new people Haynar, maybe we should redo that vote.

Which vote? About scroll wheel? We can set a date for it to go in actually.

We can line up its release date up to be the same as p99's Luclin.

khanable
03-30-2017, 08:58 PM
free the mouse works great for me.. now I just need time to play :3

A+ work secrets

Haynar
03-30-2017, 09:36 PM
free the mouse works great for me.. now I just need time to play :3

A+ work secrets

I have played 30 min in last 3 months. I wish I had time to play more.

khanable
03-31-2017, 08:26 AM
being an adult is fucking lame, right?

fadetree
04-10-2017, 09:10 AM
So, I've pretty much moved to TAKP and don't regret it at all. P99 is a great server with a lot of great people, but end game is too crowded...and vicious. Plus I loved PoP, I have always thought it was the pinnacle of the original EQ arc. That's the biggest draw for me.
Folks are nice, devs seem to be really sharp, server is stable. Not loving the client but oh well I'll get used to it. Economy is kind of not happening much, but I expect that to pick up when luclin drops. It's easy to get basic gear, either fairly good noob stuff or just donates. A lot of old world zones are mostly empty, but that has it's advantages. I'm really looking forward to joining a guild there and working our way up.
All in all I'd recommend it to folks from here, but as was mentioned earlier it's a very different culture, much more laid back and it doesn't revolve around platinum and blocking each other from raiding.