PDA

View Full Version : Guardian Robe is the rarest thing I've ever farmed

Trelaboon
09-07-2016, 01:55 PM
So I've really only been camping this thing for about 5-6 days, but between that time I've invested 50-60 hours (killin 10 mobs per cycle)

How many of you have actually camped the robe and how long were you there? so far it seems like it has a less than 1/1000 drop rate (thats about how many I've killed, maybe a bit more). I always wondered why I never saw people wearing it; I guess now I know why.

Caiu
09-07-2016, 02:43 PM
1200+ mobs seems to be the mean.

Good luck.

polishanarchy
09-07-2016, 03:38 PM
I tried farming it for uh, many many hours... so many that I gave up.

Then a guildy was killing stuff one day and it dropped and I happened to be nearby, so...

Behold!

http://i.imgur.com/Q4ycAjN.jpg

mr_jon3s
09-07-2016, 03:39 PM
If you give that to a dorf will it show them in a robe?

Bummey
09-07-2016, 03:44 PM
If you give that to a dorf will it show them in a robe?

No. Dwarves, like halflings, wood elves, half elves, ogres, etc. do not have robe graphics. They will appear to be naked on the chest with a tint based on the color of the robe.

Juevento
09-07-2016, 03:45 PM
No. Dwarves do not have robe graphics. They will appear to be naked on the chest with a tint based on the color of the robe.

Though if you use your high elf mask, you'll be baller status in no time.

Crawdad
09-07-2016, 04:05 PM

One of my favorite tricks (that doesn't seem to work here) was using Guardian Robe+Lute of the Howler to be both fashionable and sensible.

All you had to do was:
1) Equip robe
2) use howler lute
3) equip your uber bp
4) click off werewolf
5) use robe-race mask to look fabulous

Everyone already in the zone would see you as robed with something else equipped; people zoning in after would see the normal Bp.

Not sure that other illusions worked, all I know is raiding in style from Velious til end of PoP.

Rhambuk
09-07-2016, 04:08 PM
The armor graphics bug loved it on my rogue tried getting it implemented here but need classic evidence and couldn't find anything pre 2004 :(

There is a huge write up in the bugs forum( closed) that had a ton of info on it

Nune
09-07-2016, 04:19 PM
hi Pundgy

Bummey
09-07-2016, 04:28 PM

but you'll be a high elf.

One of my favorite tricks (that doesn't seem to work here) was using Guardian Robe+Lute of the Howler to be both fashionable and sensible.

All you had to do was:
1) Equip robe
2) use howler lute
3) equip your uber bp
4) click off werewolf

Everyone already in the zone would see you as robed with something else equipped; people zoning in after would see the normal Bp.

Not sure that other illusions worked, all I know is raiding in style from Velious til end of PoP.

It works here. I've done it so it looks like I'm backstabbing with http://wiki.project1999.com/Ashenbone_Axe

Rhambuk
09-07-2016, 04:57 PM
It does now!?

Hotdog!

Freakish
09-07-2016, 06:10 PM
3 days of non stop killing, couple hours each day. Said I was leaving as soon as the next guardian piece drops and it was a robe. I got at least two of every other piece of the set before a robe.

Trelaboon
09-07-2016, 06:22 PM
Dang, well my first day I killed for 18 hours straight and then 10 hours the following day. Since then I've put in 6-7 hours a night with no luck. I've seen all the other items drop multiple times, minus BP which was once and weapon/shield which I don't even know if hey really drop. Either way, it's been brutal, I don't know if a single thing rarer.

Oh and hey Itap!

Tingowingo
09-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Super Friends and their fashionquest

WillzZz
09-07-2016, 07:05 PM
This is probably super obnoxious, but back in the day I had my mage newbie twink camped nearby, a robe dropped and I logged him in for it. I never thought anything of it until now! Apparently I got super lucky, lol. Best of luck!

Trelaboon
09-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Super Friends and their fashionquest

There's no quest like a fashionquest

Maschenny
09-07-2016, 07:33 PM
This is probably super obnoxious, but back in the day I had my mage newbie twink camped nearby, a robe dropped and I logged him in for it. I never thought anything of it until now! Apparently I got super lucky, lol. Best of luck!

But the whole point is to use it on a non-robe wearing character!

brecon
09-07-2016, 07:37 PM
I think the Robe looks pretty dumb on humans

Alanus
09-07-2016, 07:43 PM
On live I got one while farming the pauldrons. It's pretty rare

Ivory
09-07-2016, 08:10 PM
Woolyspider the ranger has one....with two lightning swords and fancy ranger hat he looks like a fancy melee wizard! Using magic to enhance his swords and be fancy.

Probably one of the most fancy items in the game for melees who can wear robes.

Cecily
09-07-2016, 08:57 PM
About 800 kills so far with no luck for Cec.

Crawdad
09-07-2016, 09:18 PM
but you'll be a high elf.

It works here. I've done it so it looks like I'm backstabbing with http://wiki.project1999.com/Ashenbone_Axe

Nice! Hadn't tried it in a while, looks like its time to start farming on the rogue...

Harmonicdeth
09-08-2016, 09:16 AM
Ohh poor Pundgy...Get your lag corpses?

khanable
09-08-2016, 09:20 AM
I tried farming it for uh, many many hours... so many that I gave up.

Then a guildy was killing stuff one day and it dropped and I happened to be nearby, so...

Behold!

http://i.imgur.com/Q4ycAjN.jpg

What a babe!

zanderklocke
09-08-2016, 09:54 AM
Does anyone else think that custom iksar helms just looks like a big blob of mud?

khanable
09-08-2016, 09:55 AM
We live in literal mud huts and tents, you think our masks are going to be made of fine even steel?

fuark
09-08-2016, 10:29 AM
Does anyone else think that custom iksar helms just looks like a big blob of mud?

hannibal masks bro

Nirgon
09-08-2016, 11:00 AM
nothing worse than classic paw of opolla farm

Tingowingo
09-08-2016, 11:45 AM
Have fun slaughtering the fine guardians of the CS portal today, Gnome King!

Trelaboon
09-10-2016, 02:41 AM
I finally got it!

Was killing 4 at pool, 2 down the ladders and 3 in the closest hall

EQBallzz
09-10-2016, 04:22 AM
Nice. Gratz be to you sir. :)

Jimjam
09-10-2016, 04:38 AM
What about the rarity of the other pieces of Guardian Armour?

Cecily
09-10-2016, 08:23 AM
All pretty rare. Worse if you want the piece.

Trelaboon
09-10-2016, 09:29 AM
I spent around 60 hours there and got 0 BPs, 2 legs,1 helm and then multiples of everything else. On average id say I got a piece like once ever 90 minutes or so

Javacup
09-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Grats Impid, you deserve it.

Taking a small break from farming mine.

1st robe: ~1500 kills
2nd robe: >1600 kills

Tons of legs, helms, gloves, boots, shoulders, necks, belts, arms, bracers.
2 bps, 3 swords, 0 shields, 1 robe.

Tupakk
09-10-2016, 02:11 PM
I was kicking it with Penee who prolly still there and managed to drop a bracer.

Valse
09-10-2016, 02:30 PM
nothing worse than classic paw of opolla farm

http://wiki.project1999.com/Aegis_of_Life_Quest

Kaedain
09-10-2016, 05:34 PM
aegis of life... still havent gotten that quest completed and its closing in on 5 years on this server just periodically camping the damned thing, amazes me how often people still sitting on that spawn

Jazzy
09-11-2016, 03:56 AM
took me about 3 weeks of 3 hours an evening killing the same 2 gargs as a 60 cleric solo :(

but i got my robe and look hot as fuck

the end

topgun1027
09-11-2016, 04:39 AM
I 100 % agree its very rare also because there are like 15 items that could drop . But in my experience since Velious has been out bp / robe are the 2 most rare things I've had drop. Maybe 2 bps ever and 1 robe.

I was the only one farming it the first 3 weeks of Velious and it took me like 8 hours a day killing a 15 mob cycle after a guildy walked in for 20 minutes and got one .. 2 hours later I started my nightly session and got it after an hour or so. 1rst / 2nd robes !

I've been trying to get more just hopping on here and there for a couple cycles and I don't count and I am sure nobody else really has counted 500+ kills but it's surely up there. Just do what I do now if you are hunting this.. otherwise you will get frustrated most likely.. login do a couple rounds and logout. Go do something else and come back another time!

Jimjam
09-11-2016, 05:15 AM
All pretty rare. Worse if you want the piece.

On these kind of camps I just park a bunch of alts so anything that drops I can salvage.

Vaye
09-12-2016, 09:53 AM
http://i.imgur.com/614juOq.jpg

My druid has one ^ ^

It took me about 4 days of farming several hrs a day on my 60 enchanter. The robe dropped right next to the CS portal. I was so scared when I switched over to loot it ><

Trelaboon
09-12-2016, 10:06 AM
http://i.imgur.com/614juOq.jpg

My druid has one ^ ^

It took me about 4 days of farming several hrs a day on my 60 enchanter. The robe dropped right next to the CS portal. I was so scared when I switched over to loot it ><

Haha same here, mine at least dropped in one of the close hallways, but I was like shaking when I switched over. I was terrified my client would mess up and it would rot, or someone would swing by and loot it. When I logged in to loot it there was a guy standing there in the room but luckily he didn't loot the robe. Farmed it on my 58 Monk for my Gnome Warrior

Netherzul
09-12-2016, 12:33 PM
Dang, well my first day I killed for 18 hours straight and then 10 hours the following day. Since then I've put in 6-7 hours a night with no luck. I've seen all the other items drop multiple times, minus BP which was once and weapon/shield which I don't even know if hey really drop. Either way, it's been brutal, I don't know if a single thing rarer.

Oh and hey Itap!

It might be time to get some fresh air.

skarlorn
09-12-2016, 12:45 PM
mithril plated girdle yawl

camped that shit over 48 hrs never saw it.

Alanus
09-12-2016, 12:56 PM

Back when I was quadding giants in rathe, I got a few mithril plated girdles. He spawns and wanders by the ferrott zone, and he and his ph have a pretty long respawn.

Lojik
09-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Is Guardian Robe as rare as wurm lord shawl?

Valere
09-12-2016, 02:05 PM

I believe technically it is if you count per-kill drop rates, due to the pool the shawl is in having more filler items. However, there are more wyverns available to kill (they are also less spread out). So, while you may have to kill more on average to see a shawl, there's also more mobs you can kill to fish for it (thus leading to potentially less total time farming if you have a good kill speed, but more total mobs killed).

Jimjam
09-12-2016, 02:46 PM

To be fair you only have to cycle the ph every 2 hours.

It's, what, a 1/4 drop on a 1/4 spawn? That makes it a 4x4x2= expected 32 hour camp, so you were a little unlucky. I did this camp on Jimjam when he was in his 30s.

When I upgraded to belt of contention from sky I just gave away the girdle to an ogre warrior who was in my next xp group. He was really pleased, but I didn't realise why until I later saw how much pp they could go for in EC. I hope he got good use out of it!

maskedmelon
09-12-2016, 02:55 PM
I've never camped anything for more than a couple hours. I'd rather invest that time in assured returns like farming than gamble for the big win ^^

kotton05
09-12-2016, 03:33 PM
It's just RnG...

Fasionquest win... yes... But for a loss of a whole week of my life... No. Not when you can get other MR chest slots for a monk that has more for about 200pp.

Erati
09-12-2016, 03:41 PM
monk using the Guardian robe is a huge #WASTE

When you acquire this drop you must put it on a class that doesnt typically wear robes so everyone will be in awe of how great you look in a dress

maskedmelon
09-12-2016, 04:19 PM
monk using the Guardian robe is a huge #WASTE

When you acquire this drop you must put it on a class that doesnt typically wear robes so everyone will be in awe of how great you look in a dress

This is good advice. If you acquire this robe, this is exactly what you need to do ^^

Nommis
09-12-2016, 05:31 PM
During Awakened's Nagafen-Gate hiatus I killed around 700 gargoyles and finally gave up. Then one fateful day running through Skyshrine to get to Dragon Necropolis I saw a couple gargoyles up in the main room and thought, what the hell?

The rest is history.

http://i.imgur.com/O2vQdsE.jpg

Maschenny
09-14-2016, 02:55 AM
I got two robes in under 200 kills. I've actually been looking for the bracers and leggings but have seen neither.

beel
09-14-2016, 05:40 AM

I've killed ~4000 wurms/wyverns while leveling from 57 to 60 in SS as an enc. Seen every single drop on the loot table multiple times except the Wurm Lord Shawl. Not even once.

Meanwhile, I met a guy there that got it after an hour. Random is random but that shit's rare af.

raato
09-14-2016, 06:09 AM

About 3.5k Fe`Dhar kills behind and still no shawl makes me the unluckiest guy on server or Guardian Robe is common item compared to shawl.

Edit: 2nd unluckiest since someone just posted 4k kills :P

Vallanor
09-14-2016, 09:40 AM
It took me about two months of pretty continuous Fe'Dhars during downtime to get my shawl. I didn't keep track of the number of kills, but it was probably less than 1000 (my kill rate as a wizard was relatively slow). I considered myself lucky.

thewrush
09-14-2016, 09:46 AM
Quad or single kill?

Vallanor
09-14-2016, 09:58 AM
Quad or single kill?

Singles using my Velk robe between Ice Spears of Solist. I attempted to quad Fe'Dhars a couple times but their regen was too high and Atol's was resisted too often, so I always went OOM with around 10℅ left. I'm convinced it can be done with enough mana and perfect casting efficiency, but I didn't find it worth the hassle.

thewrush
09-14-2016, 10:05 AM
Ahh I see, I would have to use sunstrike and ice spear to drop em. How many HP do they have roughly?

Vallanor
09-14-2016, 10:13 AM
I can't remember exactly, but I think an ice spear was enough to drop their health by about 15℅, so around 8000 HP? They regen about 1℅ per tick though, so it takes a lot more than that to actually bring them down.

derpcake
09-14-2016, 10:39 AM

All you had to do was:
1) Equip robe
2) use howler lute
3) equip your uber bp
4) click off werewolf

works with all illusions

i used it up to 2007 on live, at which point i quit

prolly never changed :)

Daldaen
09-14-2016, 10:52 AM
works with all illusions

i used it up to 2007 on live, at which point i quit

prolly never changed :)

It actually required the illusion be a non-player race illusion.

Using a Guise for example wouldn't work.

Erati
09-14-2016, 11:20 AM
Singles using my Velk robe between Ice Spears of Solist. I attempted to quad Fe'Dhars a couple times but their regen was too high and Atol's was resisted too often, so I always went OOM with around 10℅ left. I'm convinced it can be done with enough mana and perfect casting efficiency, but I didn't find it worth the hassle.

this makes me wanna try to quad them on my wiz for fun - what area did you kill them that which you found 4 in a good spot to kite around?

Vallanor
09-14-2016, 11:30 AM
this makes me wanna try to quad them on my wiz for fun - what area did you kill them that which you found 4 in a good spot to kite around?

The first room where you find Fe'Dhars has exactly four. If you clear out the two wurms on the way there (Jaelk and Lararith I think) you should have plenty of room to kite between the Fe'Dhar room and the hallway with the named cubes (Oct Velic, etc). If you manage those four, there are another four Fe'Dhars in the next hallway up the stairs before the first teleporter. The area is set up really nicely for quads, which made it all the more frustrating that I kept falling short!

Erati
09-14-2016, 12:11 PM
The first room where you find Fe'Dhars has exactly four. If you clear out the two wurms on the way there (Jaelk and Lararith I think) you should have plenty of room to kite between the Fe'Dhar room and the hallway with the named cubes (Oct Velic, etc). If you manage those four, there are another four Fe'Dhars in the next hallway up the stairs before the first teleporter. The area is set up really nicely for quads, which made it all the more frustrating that I kept falling short!

ty - this will give me another random task to do on my druid when I am bored

I have wanted a Shawl for a while but never had a pet class to grind down those wyverns, but quadding gives a bit of hope