PDA

View Full Version : Haynar: Feared or fleeing mobs in a zone with separate pathing node regions, will pre

korilla
09-06-2016, 01:41 PM
"Haynar: Feared or fleeing mobs in a zone with separate pathing node regions, will prefer nodes within their region when finding a location to flee."

sorry what does this mean in english?

nyclin
09-06-2016, 01:50 PM
As with any Haynar-developed pathing update, it generally means "shits broke"

Zaela
09-06-2016, 01:56 PM
I would think: some zones are split into distinct regions for pathing purposes. Think of a zone with a cliff, where one pathing region would be at the top of the cliff and another, separate region at the cliff's bottom. In that case this change would presumably mean a mob feared in the cliff-top region will prefer to run around within that region rather than diving off the cliff, all else being equal.

korilla
09-06-2016, 02:00 PM
I would think: some zones are split into distinct regions for pathing purposes. Think of a zone with a cliff, where one pathing region would be at the top of the cliff and another, separate region at the cliff's bottom. In that case this change would presumably mean a mob feared in the cliff-top region will prefer to run around within that region rather than diving off the cliff, all else being equal.

this makes sense - thanks. i've just noticed some weird pathing post patch.

For example: if I tag a mob and then FD, that mob will start to turn around and path back very quickly, not to mention it spins in circles on its way back. i thought that those patch notes had something to do with that.

skarlorn
09-06-2016, 02:55 PM
, not to mention it spins in circles on its way back. i thought that those patch notes had something to do with that.

seen this on orcs in s ro as well

CrazyDwarf
09-06-2016, 04:12 PM
Saw this in ro earlier today.

What a complete clusterfuck.

GreldorEQ
09-06-2016, 06:15 PM
A very simple 2 mob dog split at KC ent using darkness took almost 2 minutes with no FD fails.

Def broke

Tuurin
09-06-2016, 07:33 PM
Ya had some trouble on sentient suits in WL since patch too. One suit in particular spins around with every step on its way back to reset at spawn, and wasn't resetting as it should on a darkness/fd split. I've split this camp tons of times before, but never seen this until now.

GreldorEQ
09-07-2016, 09:41 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252303&page=3

Nilbog reports the fix may be ready soon. Not sure if that means a quick repatch, or ready for next update, but good to hear the problem has been identified and is being worked on.