PDA

View Full Version : Nasa television iss

entruil
09-05-2016, 11:20 AM
http://www.nasa.gov/multimedia/nasatv/index.html#iss

http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/watch-live-as-nasa-astronaut-two-crewmates-return-to-earth(tomorrow) (http://www.nasa.gov/press-release/watch-live-as-nasa-astronaut-two-crewmates-return-to-earth)

R Flair
09-05-2016, 12:52 PM
What cracks me up about this is that they could live stream a trip to the moon or mars and virtually pay for the entire thing in ad revenue. If they were actually capable of such a thing...

skarlorn
09-05-2016, 01:21 PM
They have already been to the moon

Rhambuk
09-05-2016, 02:17 PM
Who?! Mooninites?

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2016, 03:38 PM
What cracks me up about this is that they could live stream a trip to the moon or mars and virtually pay for the entire thing in ad revenue. If they were actually capable of such a thing...

The dunks. +1 to Rick.

Daywolf
09-05-2016, 06:04 PM
Well whether or not they mooned in that past, and I do believe they did, they cant now, yes.

What's this thread about? ?

entruil
09-05-2016, 06:11 PM

not really sure... i think it was inspired by hermine and trusting nasa and then a general spontaneous lack of motivation ... meh

should of asked for some neat random global live images....

R Flair
09-05-2016, 06:17 PM
Well whether or not they mooned in that past, and I do believe they did, they cant now, yes.

Ya, cuz technology is harder for us today than it was 60 years ago. :rolleyes:

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2016, 06:43 PM
Ya, cuz technology is harder for us today than it was 60 years ago. :rolleyes:

Lol double dunked.

Daywolf
09-05-2016, 07:05 PM
Ya, cuz technology is harder for us today than it was 60 years ago. :rolleyes:Yeah, it's more frail. Just look at the Abrams tank for example, a few starts and it practically needs to be rebuilt. Our tech is very problematic, very susceptible to the damaging whims of environmental conditions. That while the old tech still endures, such as voyager 1 having entered interstellar space and still operating.

We do things differently say compared to the Russians as an example, which their design tech is usually minimalist. So example their guns and their fighter jets continue to operate while ours break down and require maintenance. We have excellent performance statistics, but what good is that in space when it turns into space junk because there is no factory nearby to make replacement parts?

Ahldagor
09-05-2016, 07:09 PM
Abrams tank is one of the best tanks made. Even Walter Sobchek understood that man. Don't start shitting on GE man. They'll find you.

Daywolf
09-05-2016, 07:15 PM
Abrams tank is one of the best tanks made. Even Walter Sobchek understood that man. Don't start shitting on GE man. They'll find you.
Had to remind me of that, eh? /me drops a deuce on GE.
With companies like GE, who needs nuclear fallout? :p

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2016, 07:18 PM
Yeah, it's more frail. Just look at the Abrams tank for example, a few starts and it practically needs to be rebuilt. Our tech is very problematic, very susceptible to the damaging whims of environmental conditions. That while the old tech still endures, such as voyager 1 having entered interstellar space and still operating.

We do things differently say compared to the Russians as an example, which their design tech is usually minimalist. So example their guns and their fighter jets continue to operate while ours break down and require maintenance. We have excellent performance statistics, but what good is that in space when it turns into space junk because there is no factory nearby to make replacement parts?

weak response but good effort imo. the moon landing merits have nothing to do with this.

was a cool tangent though

Daywolf
09-05-2016, 07:59 PM
weak response but good effort imo. the moon landing merits have nothing to do with this.

was a cool tangent though
How so? Just in a short couple decades we can't even get ourselves into space any longer, we rely on Russia to help us up. And in a few decades your grandkids will be saying "bah! we never put men into orbit, it was all faked!". Some are already saying that.

The moon landing is simply old tech, but reliable compared to our tech today. It really doesn't take a lot to get into space, and flying gadgets are simply an anchor to such an accomplishment. We have become a disposable society in a sea of tech junk. We don't even care about quality and functionality any longer, but just get the latest communist made cellphone and throw it away after a year. We don't deserve to go to space any longer :(
Space aint a handout.
It's not a govt social program.

Ahldagor
09-05-2016, 09:46 PM
It takes a lot to get into space. We haven't gone back to the moon becuase there's no need to unless we want to start launching from there.

R Flair
09-05-2016, 09:53 PM
You believed a lie. There is no way in 60 years we don't know how to create a better rocket attached to a plane. We have the tech to circle the globe in 2 hrs (10x faster than back then) yet mysteriously can't even fly a manned craft beyond earths upper orbit? Lies.

The problem is we can't go past the van allen belt, and never could. Nor could we likely communicate that far. Yet of course we managed to transmit in real time from the moon 200k miles away in 1960s yet I can't even get 1 bar in my house to a tower 3 miles away in 2016. B u l l s h i t.

Rhambuk
09-05-2016, 10:24 PM
The problem is we can't go past the van allen belt, and never could. Nor could we likely communicate that far. Yet of course we managed to transmit in real time from the moon 200k miles away in 1960s yet I can't even get 1 bar in my house to a tower 3 miles away in 2016. B u l l s h i t.

Someone give this man a championship belt!

bdastomper58
09-05-2016, 10:37 PM
are we still doing retarded post awards

Daywolf
09-05-2016, 11:25 PM
whatevah :/

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2016, 11:29 PM
whatevah :/

I'm in my phone but I'd say you approach this with a bias. Didn't you have a security clearance at a contractor plant?? You're inherently bias as a pseudo G-man I think.

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2016, 11:29 PM
You believed a lie. There is no way in 60 years we don't know how to create a better rocket attached to a plane. We have the tech to circle the globe in 2 hrs (10x faster than back then) yet mysteriously can't even fly a manned craft beyond earths upper orbit? Lies.

Bdastomper and big J (2 moon men believers) just got dunked on so hard I heard the glass breaking from my cell phone and had to take it out of my pocket and see what happened.

Chaboo_Cleric
09-05-2016, 11:37 PM

I imagine you are following news on Orion,which hasn't launched yet. Hopefully, these issues of the Allen Belts will come to pass.

Either way:

Apollo was designed to pass through those belts, and had no problem with them, as James Van Allen stated at the time of Apollo. The Command Module was well shielded. It had to be to survive a punishing re-entry. Any new design has to keep the many factors he mentioned in mind. Orion may LOOK like Apollo, but there are important differences. More sophisticated electronics for one thing. In many ways, electronics are more sensitive to radiation than human beings are. Apollo was navigated primarily from the ground. At that time, computers were not yet miniaturized to have the primary navigation on board. They did have a primitive backup system in case communications were lost for a significant period of time.

AzzarTheGod
09-05-2016, 11:44 PM
I'm in my phone but I'd say you approach this with a bias. Didn't you have a security clearance at a contractor plant?? You're inherently bias as a pseudo G-man I think.

Page over

Chaboo_Cleric
09-05-2016, 11:58 PM
Personally, I think the Dragon is much neater ship ,but I can see why Orion is appealing. One of the big reasons is price tag.

Chaboo_Cleric
09-06-2016, 08:14 PM
It's crazy thinking the astronauts that will embark on mars are about my daughters age now.

R Flair
09-06-2016, 08:25 PM
Spoiler: astronauts will never go to mars or anywhere else beyond earths orbit.

AzzarTheGod
09-06-2016, 08:29 PM
The dunks per second in this thread were too real. my radio edit Flair went in on these moon men martians.

Chaboo_Cleric
09-06-2016, 08:46 PM
Spoiler: astronauts will never go to mars or anywhere else beyond earths orbit.

It'll definitely happen in the next 30 - 40 years bro. Space X is going all the way.

entruil
09-06-2016, 08:58 PM
even if we don't...

https://www.nasa.gov/directorates/spacetech/centennial_challenges/space_robotics/index.html

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/robocup2015

assuming we will make it that far on the other hand....