PDA

View Full Version : Flaming Gaze Now Recruiting

Yiblaan
01-31-2010, 04:09 AM
<Flaming Gaze> a project1999 Guild, and Flagship guild of the Gaze Guild Project series is now Recruiting!

We are looking for open-minded, knowledgeable players from all levels. We are willing to take in Lower-level players and help them be strong well-geared characters.

We are building our base currently and accepting most classes.

~~~~~~We Are in Need of~~~~~~~
-Warriors
-Paladins
-Shadow Knights
-Enchanters
-Clerics
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
But again, we are accepting most all classes.

We are a very tight-nit community based Guild. We are nice, laid back people(And Gay-friendly obviously) We do events 1-2X a week and are dedicated to helping all our members reach their desires and in-game goals. We try to help all players Equally.

We also in the future might be doing Kunark Raiding

If you have any questions please /tell Yiblaan /tell Brossard /tell Sophia

Please Join us on our Under construction site at http://flaming.guildlaunch.com

Goobles
01-31-2010, 05:59 AM
I'll raid with you guys if you need a mage.

Simon Belmont
01-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Yiblaan you know I am straight, but I love you man... lol.

GreenRanger
01-31-2010, 11:11 AM
your lack of need of rangers is disappointing

Aaron
01-31-2010, 11:56 AM
your lack of need of rangers is disappointing

You seem to be in some sort of weird denial about the usefulness of Rangers.

Yiblaan
01-31-2010, 02:31 PM
We do need Rangers, but I figure... we have so little... who's going to respond?

KilyenaMage
02-04-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey look...it's that gay guy that plays EQ !!!

Abacab
02-20-2010, 06:27 AM
Require MOAR members for me to harass

Salty
02-20-2010, 07:59 AM
Guild name makes many people lulz +1 internets to youz~

Yiblaan
03-11-2010, 02:05 PM
Why is the leader of Fish Bait insulting me?

And to add, FG is not a lulz to people, those who know people in it agree that we are an interesting group of people who stick together :)

Ferok
03-11-2010, 02:25 PM
Pretty sure I can't handle those words over my head.

Sure you're a nice group of guys and all :)

strides
03-12-2010, 10:48 AM
I'm not fond of a "gay promoting" guild I just think it's not necessary. that being said NALKIN is a blast to group with. Good luck guys!

Strides lvl 50 <DIVINITY>

Yiblaan
03-22-2010, 12:32 PM
If you're going to bash, leave it to yourselves please. Thanks :)

This is for people interested in our group of people, not How you think the name would fit your character :)

nalkin
03-26-2010, 05:06 PM
Yib, you missed the most important part of Strides' post. Strides we need to group soon, tell Malek I said hi.

TheDudeAbides
03-26-2010, 08:58 PM
I hear Hasinbad is lfg~

Murferoo
03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
I clicked on this, thinking, wow, what a gay name for a guild....you sir, did not disappoint!

Good luck with everything - sort of refreshing to see.

It would be great if we could get some of the top asshats to be as open and honest about themselves and create a guild called Le Douche so they were easier to identify.

Tudana
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
/waves a family flag to Yiblaan

Araday

Hasbinbad
03-29-2010, 03:17 PM
I hear Hasinbad is lfg~
I heard your mother is lfd~

Shannacore
03-29-2010, 04:40 PM
I heard your mother is lfd~

I laffed

Yiblaan
03-31-2010, 12:15 PM
/waves a family flag to Yiblaan

Araday

/waves flag back!

Welcome to the Family! You have found home :)

I wanna give you DS's this weekend!!

Tudana
03-31-2010, 12:43 PM
I restarted my Monk (Sargon, lv4) he`s now bound in Kaladin so I can hunt some dwarf skellys, working my way to crushbone to be with Catarina.

We`ll be on tonight.

Kanor
04-08-2010, 08:35 AM
Are you fellow gay or poking fun at us?

It's pretty rude to make fun of someone's sexuality.

What did we ever do to you ?

Yiblaan
04-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Are you fellow gay or poking fun at us?

It's pretty rude to make fun of someone's sexuality.

What did we ever do to you ?

Yes I am gay, and we have 5+ Gay gamers in our Guild

Gorgetrapper
04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Gay people, the ones who try every way possible to be different.

Tudana
04-09-2010, 03:28 PM
...well...we kinda are different...

Audacious93c
04-09-2010, 04:00 PM
No ill will intended...

But what is the point in having a Gay guild? Is it some need to feel special? Is it a need to feel accepted? What can you accomplish with 5 other gay buddies that you cant accomplish with 5 straight buddies. Or better yet, 10 gay and straight buddies? Do you feel you cannot have a legitimate friendship with a straight person? I find this whole guild a screaming endeavor akin to standing on top of Mount Everest waving a rainbow flag and hoping the TV crew puts you on TV for being gay; not for climbing Mount Everest. I personally, feel like this is just attention seeking behavior with no obvious reason. Gay clubs at least have a legitimate reason for existing, whats Flaming Gays? :rolleyes:

Tudana
04-09-2010, 04:11 PM
No ill will intended...

But what is the point in having a Gay guild? Is it some need to feel special? Is it a need to feel accepted? What can you accomplish with 5 other gay buddies that you cant accomplish with 5 straight buddies. Or better yet, 10 gay and straight buddies? Do you feel you cannot have a legitimate friendship with a straight person? I find this whole guild a screaming endeavor akin to standing on top of Mount Everest waving a rainbow flag and hoping the TV crew puts you on TV for being gay; not for climbing Mount Everest. I personally, feel like this is just attention seeking behavior with no obvious reason. Gay clubs at least have a legitimate reason for existing, whats Flaming Gays? :rolleyes:

theres straights in the guild and we exist to play EQ Emo :)

Omnimorph
04-09-2010, 04:37 PM
oh... i just got it... flaming GAZE ... haha. funny

Yiblaan
04-12-2010, 12:42 PM
No ill will intended...

WTF is the point of saying all of that? Boy, don't waste your breath.
I don't think we ever blatantly screamed about our Guild from the rooftops on how we are Gay. We don't push any of our beliefs on the server, and most of our population is straight. Needless trolls need not apply.

I hope when an all Gnome Guild comes up you have the same rantings of all gnomes getting together to proclaim their Gnomeness.

I ask of you Not to make stereotypes, because thats just ignorant. We need less ignorance in this world, yet in this Server at least.

Audacious93c
04-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Never made stereotypes or said that you did scream that you are gay off of Mount Everest. The whole post was my own personal question, but do know others with the same thoughts. Now if you want to comprehensively re-read my post, you will see that I said "screaming endeavor akin to." That is basically saying that having a Gay guild that is so blatantly put in peoples face with the name "Flaming Gaze" (as if someone didnt collectively take the time to think that one out) is coming through LOUD AND CLEAR too all of us on the server. No other guild on the server has a witty guild name saying how much they like the female apparatus or stating their sexual orientation. Nor does any other guild gleefully spout that they are a Gay Guild and looking to recruit more Gay people within OOC. However, what exactly would any of you say if someone in OOC said "Selectively looking for straight people to join a straight guild." I sincerely meant and mean no ill will towards you or your guild, but at the time I did feel the need to question it. Now, not so much and dont really care anymore. I did however want to clarify my opposition towards your post however Yib. So thank you for defending your guild, but do take into consideration that I did neither of the things you accused me of :)

Zithax
04-14-2010, 10:52 PM
Never made stereotypes or said that you did scream that you are gay off of Mount Everest. The whole post was my own personal question, but do know others with the same thoughts. Now if you want to comprehensively re-read my post, you will see that I said "screaming endeavor akin to." That is basically saying that having a Gay guild that is so blatantly put in peoples face with the name "Flaming Gaze" (as if someone didnt collectively take the time to think that one out) is coming through LOUD AND CLEAR too all of us on the server. No other guild on the server has a witty guild name saying how much they like the female apparatus or stating their sexual orientation. Nor does any other guild gleefully spout that they are a Gay Guild and looking to recruit more Gay people within OOC. However, what exactly would any of you say if someone in OOC said "Selectively looking for straight people to join a straight guild." I sincerely meant and mean no ill will towards you or your guild, but at the time I did feel the need to question it. Now, not so much and dont really care anymore. I did however want to clarify my opposition towards your post however Yib. So thank you for defending your guild, but do take into consideration that I did neither of the things you accused me of :)

Would you say the same thing to a straight dude making a guild called "Flaming Gaze"? No because you knew he was being a smartass. Why does yiblaan being gay have anything to do with his guild name? Correlation does NOT equal causation. Sit down

ssyrax
04-15-2010, 06:08 PM
Audacious your question was clearly there to incite some form of argument. Just like anything else he choose to create a gay friendly guild because it is a common bond that brings them together, just like EQ. If you dont understand the logic behind that I don't know how to help you. He doesn't need a reason to form a guild of gay people, esspecially when they do not deny straight people membership. I'll be honest, I'm gay and I didn't even get the idea behind the name at first glance LOL. Either way Yib I support your cause! The people in FG That I have met have all seemed to be stand up people!

Scrubby McGee
04-20-2010, 12:05 PM
Basically, the point of a gay friendly guild is so people don't have to deal with all kinds of anti gay bullshit in guildchat. Even the stuff that's kind of minor tends to chaff over time. They can't even make a recruiting post without people getting their panties in a wad about having a gay friendly guild.

Bradoshado
04-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Uhh I joined the guild cause I thought the name was funny...not because I need a guild to be gay-friendly...

For the record, not gay.

MrB
04-22-2010, 10:10 AM
[I] I personally, feel like this is just attention seeking behavior with no obvious reason.

And that's why they exist.

Answer is in the question

I hope when an all Gnome Guild comes up you have the same rantings of all gnomes getting together to proclaim their Gnomeness.

There is one! Defenders of Ak'anon i think.
Go gnomes!:D

Vonyor
04-22-2010, 01:22 PM
Ok wow. If you are straight then be grateful that you exist in a society where everyone presumes that you are. Getting angry at homosexuals for not having that same luxury = going full retard.

Vallanor
05-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Grats to Flaming Gaze for snagging an elusive erudite paladin.

Thrilled to be on board!

-Vizeryn D'Raethe
Deepwater Knight

Zephys
05-04-2010, 10:38 AM
You have two out of my seven characters. Care to try for more?

Ihealyou
05-04-2010, 02:33 PM
You have two out of my seven characters. Care to try for more?

I have animal shaped cookies that I may or may not be willing to share with your alts!

Lazortag
05-05-2010, 12:54 PM
Oh no, people will think I'm gay now.

/care

edit: especially since I'm a Bard.

Zephys
05-11-2010, 10:59 AM
You spoony bard.

Agaron
05-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Member of this guild invading our camp, and training purposely. They get thumbs down from me.

km2783
05-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Was grouped with Castaderf last night, seemed a good player (and i think they logged to an enchanter to give the group crack before logging out :D Thanks!).

I honestly didn't even get the name until today. Not a clue.

What tempted me was:

We are looking for open-minded, knowledgeable players from all levels. We are willing to take in Lower-level players and help them be strong well-geared characters.

We are building our base currently and accepting most classes.

~~~~~~We Are in Need of~~~~~~~
-Warriors
-Paladins
-Shadow Knights
-Enchanters :eek:
-Clerics

But we'll see. Have three RL people I play with and we'd have to figure out on a guild at some point.

Zephys
05-13-2010, 11:00 AM
Member of this guild invading our camp, and training purposely. They get thumbs down from me.

Who? All i've seen from these guys is interesting /guild chat and free plat, so they win in my book.

Agaron
05-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Who? All i've seen from these guys is interesting /guild chat and free plat, so they win in my book.

A ranger named Vapor. He barged in our camp, acted immature to the point where he made my ignore list, and then trained us.

Sckrilla
05-15-2010, 06:54 PM
A ranger named Vapor. He barged in our camp, acted immature to the point where he made my ignore list, and then trained us.
I guess it's safe to assume that you and your group were Vapor Ized? :P

Tudana
05-15-2010, 07:18 PM
I guess it's safe to assume that you and your group were Vapor Ized? :P

HAHAHAHHAHaaaaa

Jace
05-16-2010, 09:27 AM
Vapor left the guild 2 nights ago, he's in Gothic Circle now.

Putting people on blast...priceless

pickled_heretic
05-18-2010, 11:30 AM
must... not... troll.....

Zephys
05-18-2010, 11:50 AM
Well, I'm no officer, but I'd hope we do our best to keep absolute fools out of the guild.

Kaleb
05-18-2010, 11:56 AM
Ha - Talking of Vapor - I have a whole bunch of screen shots of him calling me a cocksucking faggit (yes he spelled it like that). All while he was in Flaming Gaze.

I laughed a bunch at the irony - and then I felt bad for the guild for harboring such a hatemonger.

Ihealyou
05-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Ha - Talking of Vapor - I have a whole bunch of screen shots of him calling me a cocksucking faggit (yes he spelled it like that). All while he was in Flaming Gaze.

I laughed a bunch at the irony - and then I felt bad for the guild for harboring such a hatemonger.

It sounds like he was too much of an idiot to appreciate the irony. Here's a hint: Flaming Gaze isn't the eye of Sauron (zomg)!!

Anyways, if you see someone in the guild being a complete douchebag send Yiblaan, me, or someone else a tell, and they can continue to be a douche unguilded.

pickled_heretic
05-18-2010, 03:29 PM
Do you guys think we should be more sensitive? I mean I see people on this server say all the time things like "this spawn time is gay" or "50pp for a rez is gay" etc. should this be something we enforce as bannable? I think we should be kind and sensitive to everyone, especially now that we know we have an all-gay guild I think maybe it should be something we do.

Lazortag
05-18-2010, 04:08 PM
We aren't all gay (I'm not). And context is what matters. I'm sure very few of the people to whom you refer are actually homophobic.

Ihealyou
05-18-2010, 04:54 PM
There's only one gay guy in the guild AFAIK, but the name is good for weeding out idiots.

Tseng
05-19-2010, 01:24 AM
If you guys would like an up and coming druid who spends far too much time on p99 everyday, shoot me a tell in game. Experienced MMO'er.

Tseng
05-19-2010, 02:11 AM
Thank you guys for the invite :)

Dork
05-20-2010, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the invite guys!:D

Stickyfingers
05-20-2010, 03:38 PM
Seems like an awesome guild. I played with Zetsumbei (Sp?) yesterday, cool dude. I have an 11 Druid, so if your still looking for more players, I would love to join :cool:. The name is Guslet in game.

Smoo
05-20-2010, 05:02 PM
Dork .. I love your Avatar !! sooo CUTE!! :)

/wave Flaming Gaze nice folks !

Jobobarina The Mage

Wrathful Inquisition

ShadowWulf
05-21-2010, 02:32 AM
Roar....I joined also.

Yaldabaoth
07-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Hello my fellow Flaming Gaze!!! This is Djehuti speaking. See you all in game, hot stuff.

Also I'm not gay either, nor did I even get the name in the first several minutes haha. I was like "Flaming Gaze, whoa that sounds badass" and then later I realized what was going on

And it still sounded badass

jeffd
07-31-2010, 03:30 PM
thread necromancy ftl.

oldhead
08-04-2010, 10:54 PM
Just came here to say I have had bad experiences with members of this guild in the past.

Not here to elaborate other than to say my piece.

keep this in mind when joining.

Lazortag
08-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Just came here to say I have had bad experiences with members of this guild in the past.

Not here to elaborate other than to say my piece.

keep this in mind when joining.

everyone has had bad experiences with at least one member of every guild, so unless there's something particularly egregious about our guild, your comment is pretty much meaningless.

edit: also, I should add that as far as guilds go, FG holds its members accountable very well and our guild leader takes it seriously when members are accused of training or other similar offenses.

mimixownzall
08-14-2010, 07:23 PM
Isn't your guild name redundant? OH! GAZE, sorry I didn't pay attention to the spelling. My bad. I'll move along.

zoxobear
01-31-2012, 09:19 AM
If you can name me one guild who doesn't have members who can't say that about OldHead I'd be shocked. Just like everyone has "that friend". Everyone has "That member" or sometimes more than one.

Aside from that.

YIB!!! I miss you bro :) I'm gonna have to get on mumble sometime and talk dirty to you.