PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Kobolds in Toxx, Faction problem

Grouch
10-23-2009, 06:13 PM
Kobolds in Toxxulia Forest aren't giving Heretic or High Guard faction for Erudin guards.

This is troublesome for a Troll CZ worshipper wanting into Paineel, but having no way of factioning. :(

Thank you,

Grouch deTroll

*EDIT* Sry chose the wrong problem, its an NPC prob not a game mechanic

Grouch
10-26-2009, 12:23 AM
Hey I saw this weekend the server went down and faction on certain NPCs were fixed.

I was curious to know if these kobolds were among the NPCs that got fixed so they give Heretic and Erudin faction. Ill run back to toxx tommorow to try them out if I don't get a response by then.

Thank you,
Grouch deTroll

nilbog
10-28-2009, 11:13 AM
Can someone provide specifics on what this change should be? Will gladly do it with specifics.

+ this faction
+ this faction
- this faction

etc.

Bigcountry23
10-28-2009, 11:23 AM
From Illia's.

Killing a kobold shoud give the following faction.

-Clan Kolbok
+Heretics
+High Guard of Erudin

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=6392

Excision Rottun
10-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Not sure when this went in, but I'll just note that killing the kobolds in Toxxulia now lowers ClanKobolk and raises HighGuardofErudin and Heretics factions.

Post from 2001 on Allakhazam Toxxulia Forest Page

+ HighGuardofErudin
+ Heretics
- ClanKobolk

nilbog
10-28-2009, 11:42 AM
Yeah, thats the issue.. I couldn't find posts related to the kobolds giving faction prior to the introduction of the warrens.

Bigcountry23
10-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Good point. Looking at Illia's in 2000, there was no Clan Kolbok (so it is unlikely there was a faction adjustment). Looks like non-Eurd CT followers are going to have to wait until the warrens or kill Eurd city guards to start grinding faction.

Grouch
10-31-2009, 03:45 AM
Hey guys,

Been busy with school and desperately seeking time to play EQ between then. Someone pointed me back here that there had been responses, and I thank you for your replies and research.

I have some questions though, and logically whats going on in Odus and Allakhazam in 2000 doesn't make sense. In fact for many posts dating 1999 can be difficult to find.

*If I have typos Ill be reviewing this to edit it, and fix any eye sores*

[Short Reader]

Erudites only ones who dont get a NPC race to raise faction with? Why do their quests bother giving faction than if faction is inherited at character creation for Erudites. Why are there other NPCs in the game presently that do award Heretics but are pock marked throughout Norrath not intended as camps for Heretic faction.

Though there are lacking posts for kobolds giving faction, there are just as many lacking about any comments about them not giving faction. Why? Because people wanted to leave odus and didn't bother inquiring about it until Warrens. I believe therefore, we have an incomplete knoweledge base of Odus.

[Long Reader] \/

1. Why then, would only the Erudites be without a killable race of NPCs to raise faction with themselves?

I can understand the Erudites being outcasts, but that isn't reason enough to not give them an NPC race to faction up on.

2. Why does Allakhazam have relatively little to no faction posts about the kobolds before Warrens/The Hole being implemented?

If we read the posts along Toxx's main page people want to leave and get out of there to go to blackburrow, people probably didn't question the fact that kobolds gave faction.

On other faction web pages like Crushbone of course people have hundreds of posts asking about faction because that is the mecca for lvl 5-15.

3. Why would Erudites have quests that reward faction if they didn't need faction to begin with? See what I am pointing at? If faction isn't important to Erudites, why reward it in quests. This may seem silly to ask, but it is worth asking. If a erudite stayed on Odus, he could only risk losing faction and never gaining it back. This seems contradictive compared to other races who can burn their own faction than recover it by killing mobs (gnolls, orcs, goblins).

If this is truly an inherent flaw that Verant had, than shouldn't it suffice to provide a fix?

Not sure when this went in, but I'll just note that killing the kobolds in Toxxulia now lowers ClanKobolk and raises HighGuardofErudin and Heretics factions.

Additionally, on the kobold allakhazam web pages from Toxx, no one makes inquiries about the kobolds giving or not giving both erudite factions.

The only inquiries and notes made about faction start when the Warrens and Hole are introduced and the Toxx kobolds are now linked to the kobolds in the new zones.
----------

Ok I am almost out of points I want to make,

-Killing guards is an option, but in the state of the game right now, its almost an exploit to kill them, I wont even go further into this. To put it plainly without need for broad interpretation, I do not believe Verant ever intended for Guard Farming, either for cash, exp, or faction.

-On the quest items that come out of Paineel, why EVER bother putting other races as useable when other CZ worshippers don't have the option to raise faction to begin with (im KoS with heretics as a troll CZ shaman)? This is concerning with the two necklace quests CZ worshippers use to level up with. Do other deitys offer the same impossibilities for their items?

-While I've trusted Allakhazam in the past, I do not believe it will help us much here. Currently for Heretic faction I am camping Tal Godin.

http://eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/search.shtml?id=3759&page=1&howmany=50#m96773385819689

That is a link to her Illia page with the only post inquiring about her for faction farming with a time stamp post-warrens I think.

So as a parting note for now I am hoping I am not exploiting her either. It just seems like we are getting mixed signals of "do we get heretic faction, or do we not" until warrens.

Grouch deTroll
Shaman of the 46th Tal Godin camp

Grouch
10-31-2009, 02:55 PM
Also wanted to point out some mobs in Toxx aren't giving faction like Ilanic's skeleton.

Anyone know why this skeleton is named? Why does he give faction? I know he does not drop anything but bone chips (unless its rare). Maybe he is a placeholder for something else.

Part of Ilnac's scroll quest (http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/quest.html?quest=139)

However ingame Ilniac's skeleton does not give +faction hits for erudin and +heretic. Ilniac's scroll quest is original and even ingame its not properly implemented.

maximum
01-14-2017, 02:19 PM
Bump for Warrens era. Close?

maximum
06-11-2018, 06:17 PM
Bump for Warrens era. Close?

Update: kobolds in Toxx still aren't giving faction adjustments, even post-Warrens.

Rygar
06-12-2018, 09:41 AM
Found some info somewhat related to this:
http://web.archive.org/web/20021225152524/http://boards.station.sony.com:80/ubb/everquest/Forum1/HTML/000326.html
Kobold runts and scouts in the Paineel newbie faction still give the "Kobold" faction hit when they die, instead of the current ClanKobolk/HighGuardErudin/Heretics three hits.

This is the faction hit the Tox kobolds once had, before the patch after the Warrens opened. I think these puppies got overlooked (they're not the most common spawn in the zone).

Thanks.

WHIZBANG DUSTYBOOTS
Vazaelle

Got it. They've been fixed. Thanks for the notification.

Alan

Seems to imply prior to warrens they were just "kobold" faction to tox kobolds, but the three his after zone opened up.

Interestingly it seems paineel newbie area should have rare kobold runt or scout spawns which should only have -kobold faction until October patch, where fixed to the 3 hits. Currently no kobolds spawn in Paineel

Telin
06-23-2018, 10:33 PM
Fixed, pending update.

maximum
05-23-2019, 07:38 PM
I think this is resolved...

Telin
10-13-2019, 02:00 PM
Reopening this thread because there are some pre-warren comments on kobolds not being KOS at the start.

If you're interested, please post more evidence so we can get the specifics.

https://i.imgur.com/cz7H2sb.png

https://i.imgur.com/cILajFG.png