PDA

View Full Version : Where can I grind platinum in East Commonlands/Freeport?

AenimaNerd
09-02-2016, 03:16 PM
Just wondering, cause I started a Monk, and I'm about close to Level 5. I'm aiming to get Sharkskin shield, and I'm wanting to start a SK alt.

elwing
09-02-2016, 03:34 PM
decaying skeletons in the newbie zone...

AenimaNerd
09-02-2016, 04:57 PM
decaying skeletons in the newbie zone...

Hm... I'll try decaying skeletons, cause they've given me some pretty good items before.

Lojik
09-02-2016, 04:58 PM
I'm aiming to get Sharkskin shield

Not to be that guy, but uh, why a sharkskin shield? Looks pretty terrible. Killing skeletons for bonechips is probably the best path for plat for you (a stack, or 20 bonechips, should sell for about 10plat.) If you were iksar id say kill in FoB, but you can probably get decent bonechips in WFP newbie yard and maybe befallen if ur brave.

phacemeltar
09-02-2016, 05:16 PM
you can sell HQ Bear Pelts (http://wiki.project1999.com/High_Quality_Bear_Skin) to players for 30pp easily, which they then turn around to make Hand Made Backpacks (http://wiki.project1999.com/Hand_Made_Backpack) which commonly sell for 60pp each. win-win for all 3 parties, or you can cut out the middle man and learn tailoring yourself.

skarlorn
09-02-2016, 07:42 PM
roll a human female. or better yet a skanky lil wood elf. then go to the clubs and grind 4 all ur worth boi

Ivory
09-02-2016, 07:54 PM
In the high elf city and dwarf city, there are sometimes necromancers who fight the guards....if you go there you could offer to sell swords to the merchants for the necromancers....they might give you some platinum as a tip!

Or, you could stay in the common lands tunnels....and try to ambush merchants running by! Jumping out and doing /duel to them and telling them you are robbing them of some platinum!

You might die though, it is pretty dangerous.

Crawdad
09-02-2016, 08:13 PM
Qeynos has become my favorite area to start non-twinked characters in. Its not hard to have over 1k plat by 15-20. Just prioritize killing skeletons and gnolls in Qeynos, then rabid wolves and grizzlies in Qeynos hills, then on to wisps in Qhills/NK/Erud's crossing. and/or bandits in West karana. I usually stick to Qhills for wisps+rabid animals until ~13 then head to NK, or Erud's crossing if NK has too many people.

...disregard pretty much everything I just said as I just saw the title. The trick to the Freeport area IMO is to avoid it. Nektulos Forest is a much, much better zone for soloing than EC from 4-10, with loads more mobs to kill for that juicy platinum. Use EC for begging for buffs, then kill the 3-4 black bears and any spiders or skeletons that path near inn 1 during your run to Nek forest. Check out the map of Nektulos forest, head to the newbie log and set up camp. As you gain levels, start along the road back towards EC. Not sure if Freeport monks are dubious to Neriak outer guards, but if not you'll just need to be a bit more alert for golems and guards.

Nune
09-03-2016, 12:13 AM
stack up bone chips, i pay noobs out the ass for them when i need em. add itap in game, you can be my chip pusha

Ganzou
09-03-2016, 05:28 AM
bonechips is the way to go I'd say, and I also support Befallen as someone mentioned.

It is not that dangerous as it might look like, as long as you are well aware of the Gynok Moltor PH: It spawns in next to the zone in and then paths down to the closed door in the main hall. There are usually druids camping him, and you could be getting some buffs.

The problem is that things come in pairs, so a non-lull character might have a bad time. Necromancers with pets cam also a pain. It is however a very nice place for an enchanter or root class.

Grouping is a real blast, though.