PDA

View Full Version : battlefield 1 open beta

phacemeltar
08-31-2016, 06:11 AM
https://www.battlefield.com/beta

R Flair
08-31-2016, 06:32 AM
gameplay videos ive seen of this look sick. too bad most fps games have totally compromised their netcode and responsiveness in general in favor of flashy explosions and other bullshit.

phacemeltar
08-31-2016, 06:52 AM
going live today. 6GB download for my PS4

R Flair
08-31-2016, 07:05 AM
Downloaded to see what its like. Desert map feels totally uninspired. Very flat, very little natural cover, lots of instant death upon spawning. Also feels very cramped. The whole appeal of battlefield originally was the sprawling maps. This feels much more call of duty.

Baler
08-31-2016, 07:32 AM
Isn't it just going to be another twitch shooter with some #noscope rifle headshots while running?
I miss 1942 when it wasn't just an arena kill box and you actually had to travel across a map with your team to find the enemy.

phacemeltar
08-31-2016, 08:05 AM
Isn't it just going to be another twitch shooter with some #noscope rifle headshots while running?
I miss 1942 when it wasn't just an arena kill box and you actually had to travel across a map with your team to find the enemy.

true, it will be a bloody on high pop servers, but the maps are HUGE.. and it has the battlefield class system, which means team play will give you the advantage. plus no ticket bleed means that there will be no objective benefit to camping, aside from lowering reinforcements.

also there are mechanics already in bf4 where you get less accuracy while moving. with the older weapons of ww2, i assume this will be more prevalent in bf1. this is still the beta, so if you play and help report issues, there is a chance your criticizm can affect the release version.

R Flair
08-31-2016, 08:48 AM
The beta map isn't huge at all. You could probably fit 3 of those in a BF2 map. Played for a bit, pretty fun. Don't like the fact that infantry gun is probably 5x weaker than sniper rifles. Huge step backwards from having a controlled burst kill people in 42/2/2142. Have to basically put full clips into people to kill them vs sniper 1/2shotting you. As such, I played mostly sniper for really ez kills.