PDA

View Full Version : Explain To Me What Just Happened Here?

Gumbo
08-29-2016, 09:52 PM
This doesn't seem right to me so I figure I would throw this out there...

I was watching my brother play and he was using his level 10 Iksar Monk in Cabilis. He was fighting a large Scorpion and had the Scorpion down to 10% health. Suddenly, the Scorpion starts attacking with multiple hits in a row and the attacks turned off his attack.

I don't have the actual logs but he read me the screen and it went something such as:

You miss.
Scorpion hits you for 26 points of damage.
Scorpion stuns you.
Auto-Attack off.
Scorpion hits you for 34 points of damage.
Scorpion hits you for 25 points of damage.
Scorpion hits you for 18 points of damage.
Scorpion hits you for 15 points of damage.
You Die.

I know a large Scorpion is classified as a Warrior and get that berserk attack when they are low on HP but for the Monks attack to turn off when stunned and then to get destroyed by four shots in a row? I know the character is only level 10 but it's more like a WTF just happened moment that I'm talking about...

Cecily
08-29-2016, 10:03 PM
Class benefits don't necessarily apply to mobs. They (thankfully) don't go berserker at low HP. There's other things they might do at the high end, but that's not gonna be relevant for you till way later.

What happened there is a mob proced a stun on your brother. He couldn't attack back because of it, got confused, and turned his auto attack off. Then the scorpion ate his face. Hope this helps!

Gumbo
08-29-2016, 10:51 PM
What happened there is a mob proced a stun on your brother. He couldn't attack back because of it, got confused, and turned his auto attack off. Then the scorpion ate his face. Hope this helps!

My brother has been playing long enough and has enough characters to know not to turn auto-attack off when he gets stunned.

Sillyturtle
08-29-2016, 11:31 PM
Well the mob didn't turn it off for him, so his finger must have slipped or he got confused as Cecily said.

What you are claiming (that the scorpion stun or something the scorpion did turned it off) is impossible.

Arkanjil
08-29-2016, 11:44 PM
Well the mob didn't turn it off for him, so his finger must have slipped or he got confused as Cecily said.

What you are claiming (that the scorpion stun or something the scorpion did turned it off) is impossible.

Truth, sorry to say.

Shodo
08-30-2016, 12:01 AM
Bumping his duck hotkey by mistake would also have turned off auto-attack (and prevented it from being turned back on). As the others said, getting stunned does not turn off auto-attack. I believe being in duck mode also counts as sitting (which causes a mob to auto-hit), though I could be mistaken there. But if that's the case, it could also explain why he got facemelted at the end.

Mob's melee push also could have driven him into a terrain obstacle that forced him to auto-duck.

GinnasP99
08-30-2016, 12:44 AM
Bumping his duck hotkey by mistake would also have turned off auto-attack (and prevented it from being turned back on). As the others said, getting stunned does not turn off auto-attack. I believe being in duck mode also counts as sitting (which causes a mob to auto-hit), though I could be mistaken there. But if that's the case, it could also explain why he got facemelted at the end.

Mob's melee push also could have driven him into a terrain obstacle that forced him to auto-duck.

Can almost guarantee this is what happened, especially if he plays in first person mode it would be hard to notice that your character was ducking. The default key to duck is X which is pretty easy to accidentally hit with your hand in the WASD position.

Trungep99
08-30-2016, 01:02 AM
Did the creature push his character into a spot that made him duck ? Creatures can push players like we can to them

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
08-30-2016, 07:42 AM
Lag spike?

Pheer
08-30-2016, 09:29 AM
Did the creature push his character into a spot that made him duck ? Creatures can push players like we can to them

most likely explanation right here

maskedmelon
08-30-2016, 09:32 AM
Jumping turns off atk too.

Gumbo
08-30-2016, 01:53 PM
These are all good points but as I mentioned that I don't have the logs so I'm not sure.

I guess I was more surprised at the multi-attacks for pretty high damage. But if he was stuck or sitting or ducking then I could see how the damage happened.

ericthemighty
08-30-2016, 01:57 PM
Scorpions also assist each other, maybe he had an add behind him and didn't see it.

phacemeltar
08-30-2016, 02:01 PM
ive seen a few posts over the past few weeks of this same theme.. basically mobs going crazy when hps are low on both sides. i havent had any issues myself, but maybe there is something going on? i seem to remember the server going down not too long ago, which could mean something was patched.

titanshub
08-30-2016, 09:11 PM
Turning off autoduck is an important thing for a monk.

Boyblunder
08-31-2016, 05:15 PM
Just remember "shit happens..." from "Predator 2" and minor things like this don't affect you.

Atmas
08-31-2016, 05:26 PM
Without the logs there is a good chance part of the story is left out. Maybe he had been knocked oor and didnt realize it. There is a bug that I have seen where auto-attack stops working and you have to escape to un-target then re-target the mob.