PDA

View Full Version : I'm playing Legion tonight

Orotiagito
08-29-2016, 02:57 PM
Anyone else?

Spyder73
08-29-2016, 03:13 PM
I was soloing giants since everyone at FM Giant Fort are determined on soloing and not grouping. I found myself fear kiting and killing 1-2 giants before having to med.

Well a Bunyai aggroed me while I was killing a giant, the giant was 15% and I was under 20% so naturally I had to run.

Well I had inspected this certain monk earlier and noticed he had a fungi and that amazing staff that rangers use. As well as other amazing twink gear.

I walked up to him and asked "Help!", he replied "Zone bro, that mob is yellow to me."

Are you kidding me? I managed to make it to Lake of Ill Omen strafe kite style with no SoW at 10%. You have a FUNGI, He doesn't even take DAMAGE he regens so fast.

Point is, all I see are twinked monks that want to solo and it defeats the purpose of classic EQ. You have over 200k in loot on your monk alone and you're going to be that CUTTHROAT over competition on forest loops?

EDIT: SORRY HE WAS A RANGER I GUESS I CAN'T BE TO UPSET! I think I'd reroll tho seriously.

Chaboo_Cleric
08-29-2016, 04:43 PM
I was soloing giants since everyone at FM Giant Fort are determined on soloing and not grouping. I found myself fear kiting and killing 1-2 giants before having to med.

Well a Bunyai aggroed me while I was killing a giant, the giant was 15% and I was under 20% so naturally I had to run.

Well I had inspected this certain monk earlier and noticed he had a fungi and that amazing staff that rangers use. As well as other amazing twink gear.

I walked up to him and asked "Help!", he replied "Zone bro, that mob is yellow to me."

Are you kidding me? I managed to make it to Lake of Ill Omen strafe kite style with no SoW at 10%. You have a FUNGI, He doesn't even take DAMAGE he regens so fast.

Point is, all I see are twinked monks that want to solo and it defeats the purpose of classic EQ. You have over 200k in loot on your monk alone and you're going to be that CUTTHROAT over competition on forest loops?

EDIT: SORRY HE WAS A RANGER I GUESS I CAN'T BE TO UPSET! I think I'd reroll tho seriously.

LOLZ best reply ever

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 04:44 PM
wat

I'm really on the fence about Legion. After leaving EQ for WoW on release day and being sucked in for several years, I haven't played seriously since WotLK. Even so, I was a hair away from buying Legion when I saw Prime members could get $10 off with release-day delivery, had it in my cart and everything. A number of my friends play and will be getting Legion, but ultimately I didn't click purchase. I was just too disappointed with the last several expansions and the general direction of the game. I asked myself what I was more likely to be playing and enjoying 1 year from now and the answer was P1999, not WoW.

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2016, 04:45 PM
Anyone else?

Good choice. Just installed and resubbed first time since WOTLK.

Love what Im seeing with the overhauls of the talent system simplification, simplification of glyphs (gone/removed) and reduction of gear in PvP. And overall ability overhauls done since Cataclysm (The worst time to play WoW)

I just want to have fun Leagues/DOTA style and WoW has moved closer to that end.

The BAD NEWS: I have a 2013 rig, and WoW has evolved past being able to run medium graphics. I have to set my setting to a 4/10 instead of the average 5/10 setting. It makes me sad since my motherboard cant handle bigger cards and I prefer Windows 7.

What company offers tech support on the phone and will help me build a new PC that is compatible with my HD and is the HD the same thing as the motherboard? Or can I get a new motherboard and keep my HD? Is IBUYPOWER.COM a good one? Need some direction on this.

BestBuy geek squad didn't know what I should do.

Techies help pls.

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 04:52 PM
Just Youtube a guide and build your own PC, shit's about as easy as Legos

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2016, 04:55 PM
Just Youtube a guide and build your own PC, shit's about as easy as Legos

Can you shed any light on if a HD and a motherboard are the same thing? Or are these separate parts?

maskedmelon
08-29-2016, 04:58 PM
Good choice. Just installed and resubbed first time since WOTLK.

Love what Im seeing with the overhauls of the talent system simplification, simplification of glyphs (gone/removed) and reduction of gear in PvP. And overall ability overhauls done since Cataclysm (The worst time to play WoW)

I just want to have fun Leagues/DOTA style and WoW has moved closer to that end.

The BAD NEWS: I have a 2013 rig, and WoW has evolved past being able to run medium graphics. I have to set my setting to a 4/10 instead of the average 5/10 setting. It makes me sad since my motherboard cant handle bigger cards and I prefer Windows 7.

What company offers tech support on the phone and will help me build a new PC that is compatible with my HD and is the HD the same thing as the motherboard? Or can I get a new motherboard and keep my HD? Is IBUYPOWER.COM a good one? Need some direction on this.

BestBuy geek squad didn't know what I should do.

Techies help pls.

That's a shame :/ Guess you will just have to remain here with us ^^

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 05:00 PM
Can you shed any light on if a HD and a motherboard are the same thing? Or are these separate parts?
I'm going to assume you're not trolling me and answer you earnestly.

No they are not the same thing, and you wouldn't want to keep your hard drive anyway. A solid state drive is going to hugely improve your overall system speed and they have gotten remarkably cheaper over the past few years. Here is the list of parts required to build a pc:

Case (and cooling fans)
Power supply
Motherboard
Disk drive (highly recommend solid state, or "SSD")
CPU
RAM
Graphics card, unless you want to use integrated graphics from the CPU (don't)
Operating system

you literally just pop everything into the only slots they will fit into, connect some power plugs and away you go

Sage Truthbearer
08-29-2016, 05:01 PM
Just download some more RAM and you should be good to go.

maskedmelon
08-29-2016, 05:03 PM

Yeah they are different butt similar. The HD is heavy with lots of metal. The motherboard has less metal and is thinner with a bunch of places to plug things into it. It is not always clear though which thing goes in which spot :/

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2016, 05:04 PM
I'm familiar with the other stuff. My main confusion was about how to keep my HD and operating system the same,

I'd like to get a new HD if I could keep my OS and data from the current HD.

Apple has the firewire to move data quickly. I just don't know how to salvage the data from my HD and transfer it to a new HD in a timely fashion.

If it becomes too much trouble I guess I would be willing to reluctantly abandon windows 7 (very very reluctantly, honestly I would probably rebuy Windows 7 on ebay and install it clean).

The motherboard Q stemmed from wanting to avoid getting a new rig and not being able to plug my second HD in anywhere due to compatibility with the connector slot, etc.

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 05:07 PM
Just download some more RAM and you should be good to go.
You jest, but this was literally an option on some of the new 4Gb RX 480 GPUs

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 05:10 PM
I'm familiar with the other stuff. My main confusion was about how to keep my HD and operating system the same,

Apple has the firewire to move data quickly. I just don't know how to salvage the data from my HD and transfer it to a new HD in a timely fashion.
USB stick? Add it as a secondary drive in the new PC and copy stuff over? Burn it to CD? You're going to have to reinstall the OS in a new pc regardless cause it's going to have a whole different set of drivers it will require. There's a free program called Magic Jellybean Keyfinder that will pull your Windows 7 key from your current OS if you don't know what it is, and you could use that to install Windows 7 on the new one.

maskedmelon
08-29-2016, 05:11 PM

They still sell Win7. Could also just use a key extract and find the software elsewhere. The. You can just plug your old HD in as a slave and boot from the new one and still have access to all your old data. You'll have to reinstall some of the programs though if that is your concern. EQ doesn't matter, you can run it from a thumb drive, but things like Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office and The Sims will require new installs.

maskedmelon
08-29-2016, 05:13 PM
USB stick? Add it as a secondary drive in the new PC and copy stuff over? Burn it to CD? You're going to have to reinstall the OS in a new pc regardless cause it's going to have a whole different set of drivers it will require. There's a free program called Magic Jellybean Keyfinder that will pull your Windows 7 key from your current OS if you don't know what it is, and you could use that to install Windows 7 on the new one.

Your thumbs are faster than mine ^^ Wasn't sure if the Jelly Bean had been updated. Last I used it was on XP ^^

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2016, 05:17 PM
USB stick? Add it as a secondary drive in the new PC and copy stuff over? Burn it to CD? You're going to have to reinstall the OS in a new pc regardless cause it's going to have a whole different set of drivers it will require. There's a free program called Magic Jellybean Keyfinder that will pull your Windows 7 key from your current OS if you don't know what it is, and you could use that to install Windows 7 on the new one.[/b]

Thanks that's very helpful.

I'm aware that most state of the art games have begun to lack backwards compatibility due to DirectX changes and lack of video card support with Windows 7. And its really only a matter of another year before Windows 7 loses compatibility with most pre-2014-15ish video cards unless you know the ins-and-outs and which cards are compatible with which hardware/software combos.

Recently just hit that problem with Square-Enix's Hitman game, which is completely unplayable 0.005 framerate with a Raedon 7400.

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2016, 05:21 PM
Your thumbs are faster than mine ^^ Wasn't sure if the Jelly Bean had been updated. Last I used it was on XP ^^

How long are we talking to transfer about 1.4 terrabytes over to a new harddrive with a USB cord? (I assume that's what you mean by USB thumb.

1 full 24 hour day? or more? I felt its like 2-3 days of not being able to use the computer which is really unappealing.

maskedmelon
08-29-2016, 05:28 PM
How long are we talking to transfer about 1.4 terrabytes over to a new harddrive with a USB cord? (I assume that's what you mean by USB thumb.

1 full 24 hour day? or more? I felt its like 2-3 days of not being able to use the computer which is really unappealing.

No, I meant the digits on my hands ^^ I am typing on a phone and he finished his reply quicker ^^

As for transferring all data to a thumb drive, I don't know and don't think they make thumb drives that big. Took around 20min to transfer EQ dir of about 4GB though iirc, so, 12gb/hr = 288gb/day = about a week ^^ Maybe that was an old USB 1.5 port though. Not sure, my puter is several years old.

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2016, 05:31 PM
No, I meant the digits on my hands ^^ I am typing on a phone and he finished his reply quicker ^^

As for transferring all data to a thumb drive, I don't know and don't think they make thumb drives that big. Took around 20min to transfer EQ dir of about 4GB though iirc, so, 12gb/hr = 288gb/day = about a week ^^ Maybe that was an old USB 1.5 port though. Not sure, my puter is several years old.

Sounds accurate, which brings me to my original question.

How to avoid this? Will there be compatibility problems to look out for, plugging a 2012 HD into a 2015-2016 motherboard.

I assume you get a custom rig from a rig maker and just tell them you have this problem and they will know whats up. I already hit videocard incompatibility this year, my board doesn't take any of the new cards.

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 06:00 PM
There is a 99% chance your hard drive is a SATA connection if it was purchased in 2012, which is still the current popular standard today. With a terabyte-ish amount of data, your best option is probably to just connect it as a permanent second drive in the new PC.

For instance, in my PC I have my C: drive, which is a 500gb SSD containing Windows, games, and commonly-used programs that I want to run fast. I also have an S: drive, which is a second 1Tb HDD I use for general file storage - movies, music, pictures, shit like that.

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 06:01 PM
This thread took a wildly different turn than op intended :cool:

Ahldagor
08-29-2016, 06:47 PM
Might wait to log in for legion due to traffic, but the talent over haul was needed and I've been enjoying it on my prot warrior.

Azzar, if you plan on building a rig then checkout http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Chaboo_Cleric
08-29-2016, 06:54 PM
You know I was thinking about playing Legion , but than I realized after reading this I need to upgrade a pc. Can anyone recommend a good place for parts?

AzzarTheGod
08-29-2016, 07:37 PM
There is a 99% chance your hard drive is a SATA connection if it was purchased in 2012, which is still the current popular standard today. With a terabyte-ish amount of data, your best option is probably to just connect it as a permanent second drive in the new PC.

For instance, in my PC I have my C: drive, which is a 500gb SSD containing Windows, games, and commonly-used programs that I want to run fast. I also have an S: drive, which is a second 1Tb HDD I use for general file storage - movies, music, pictures, shit like that.

Leaning towards that. I just uncovered a prefab Asus desktop rig with a GTX 760 on it that should tide me over for awhile. Guessing it was purchased sometime in 2015, its still in the box.

Would the prefab Asus be able to take a second hard drive you think? I'm guessing typically not? I don't know much about if these stock units have slots for that. Asus is like a Dell/HP type of desktop, do those usually accommodate a second HD?

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 08:03 PM
Leaning towards that. I just uncovered a prefab Asus desktop rig with a GTX 760 on it that should tide me over for awhile. Guessing it was purchased sometime in 2015, its still in the box.

Would the prefab Asus be able to take a second hard drive you think? I'm guessing typically not? I don't know much about if these stock units have slots for that. Asus is like a Dell/HP type of desktop, do those usually accommodate a second HD?
I can't imagine any modern motherboard not having multiple SATA slots, and if it's a tower and not some tiny form-factor case it should have an available drive bay to mount the drive itself.

Trollhide
08-29-2016, 08:03 PM
You know I was thinking about playing Legion , but than I realized after reading this I need to upgrade a pc. Can anyone recommend a good place for parts?
Newegg.com got you covered fam

maskedmelon
08-29-2016, 08:34 PM
I need a new machine too. We should all build them together as a sort of community bonding. We can discuss parts and colors and get matching thingies ^^ We could even do a theme.

beefsoup
08-29-2016, 11:26 PM
Definitely thinking about buying legion. Sharing an IP address ATM, and the petition forum for IP exemptions seem to have been abandoned. Tired of taking turns to play. Just lurk in the forums most nights =/

Thulack
08-30-2016, 08:38 AM
For the newbs trying to build pc's and people that need parts here are some sites for you:

http://lifehacker.com/5828747/how-to-build-a-computer-from-scratch-the-complete-guide(slightly outdated but gives you the jist)

http://www.logicalincrements.com/

http://pcpartpicker.com/

oh and wouldnt touch WoW with a 10 foot pole.

Burk
08-30-2016, 08:52 AM
I pre-ordered. Mainly because nost shut down and I had an itch to scratch. It does look pretty good tho.

Spyder73
08-30-2016, 09:23 AM
I think I will be will playing very very casually - but thats how it always starts =(

maskedmelon
08-30-2016, 09:24 AM

Ok good, that was my thought too, but wasn't sure :/

What is the best value card out there right now that will work with Windows 7? Like, seems if I remember like with all things there were diminishing returns in performance/$ once you got past a certain point?

maskedmelon
08-30-2016, 09:28 AM
I think I will be will playing very very casually - but thats how it always starts =(

さよなら(p_; )

Chaboo_Cleric
08-30-2016, 10:35 AM
I need a new machine too. We should all build them together as a sort of community bonding. We can discuss parts and colors and get matching thingies ^^ We could even do a theme.

Only if we can discuss it in Wow like discussion threads or similar. Then... I'm game

Trollhide
08-30-2016, 11:18 AM
Ok good, that was my thought too, but wasn't sure :/

What is the best value card out there right now that will work with Windows 7? Like, seems if I remember like with all things there were diminishing returns in performance/$ once you got past a certain point?
Completely subjective on what games you play, what resolution & refresh rate you run, what your budget is, whether you have a FreeSync or G-Sync monitor or neither. If all you play is Project 1999, you don't need a $400 graphics card.

http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/ is a good site to compare GPUs' relative power and value to each other. If you can swing around $200-250, the new Radeon RX 470 (AMD) or the GTX 1060 (Nvidia) are pretty widely regarded as the sweet spot in performance to price but either of them may be overkill for your gaming needs. Also lots of used GTX 970's on the market right now for under $200 which is a great card.

Personally I just recently bought a Radeon R9 380X, which is last year's model. It's not as powerful as either of those cards, but for the games I play and the $138 I paid for it after promotions and rebate, it was the best deal I could find.

Chaboo_Cleric
08-30-2016, 11:37 AM
Always buy PC parts in the mid range. Otherwise you getting ripped.

Lune
08-30-2016, 12:59 PM
It's very tempting to my inner crackfiend who aspires to binge on MMOs, but then I remember all the stuff like how the world and the BG's are full of bots, they cross-server you with Russians and Brazilians, they've dulled the strengths and weaknesses of every class, and the game has been designed to appeal to people like Azzar.

I'll probably still try it at some point though just because I'm a sucker. What I really want is another Nost

Dillian
08-30-2016, 02:28 PM
What I really want is another Nost this

burkemi5
08-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Wait for Nost 2. I'm assuming everyone ITT hasn't played in the last 5ish years or they wouldn't be considering live WoW.

It's incredibly bad -- the balance has been mangled to the point you can tank 5-6 even level non elite mobs down at the same time solo. It's almost impossible to die even in elite mob group content (gnomeregan takes 15 min to run, etc). The game is literally a treadmill and so condescending that it assumes you will instantly unsubscribe if your group wipes. No challenge, no community, no gameplay besides mashing buttons with no threat of bad consequences if you fuck up. Just the acquisition of pixels. Yuck.

It's really disappointing what wow has become. I resubbed for a month cuz a few RL friends were doing it, and I wanted to chill and try it out. You're not kidding when you say you can tank 5-6 even level mobs, any class can, clothies to plate users. And dungeons are an absolute fucking joke. Remember the days when you would assign each member of your group a symbol and they had to CC it? Remember when people had to actually communicate? All the dungeons have been reduced to the lowest possible common denominator, there are packs of "elite" mobs that die so fast a single person could take them all down. All the longer classic dungeons are broken into smaller parts, Maraudon, BRD, LRBS, etc. All the bosses are complete jokes. I was in a BRD group this weekend, we started at the very beginning, and I had queue'd with a RL friend. Gradually every left after we beat the last boss for the section of the dungeon we had joined, and the two of us (resto sham prot pally) were able to easily solo the rest of the dungeon. I remember running BRD and getting my shit pushed in for hours back in the day, not being able to progress past certain points after people had left, etc. Instead, the two of us are now able to do this dungeon so easily that we may as well have just queued on our own. I'm afraid to see what TBC dungeons are like, when that expac first dropped it really pushed everyone to utilize CC and keep things under control.

Not to mention that the game feels so quiet. Maybe everyone has me on ignore or something, but people literally never respond to anything I say. Something like "hey does this quest npc spawn here??" Crickets. Even though there's 6 of us standing around waiting for him. Perhaps everyone is just so used to rushing through all the leveling content that they can't be bothered to talk to one another. And that's not to mention that the leveling is way, wayyyy too fast now. You can get 1.5 levels in a dungeon that takes 15 minutes. The legion invasions were such good exp that I got to an area, had a few quests to turn in, and by the time I spent about 30 minutes doing invasions, all my quests for that area were now grey to me. And good luck trying to keep your tradeskills up to par with your level. Run one dungeon, you've nearly outleveled the zone you're in. Enjoy grinding trivial mobs for materials. Maybe you want to buy the materials instead? Well good luck with that too, because inflation has hit so hard that fucking copper bars are like 5 gold per 1. Good luck affording that as a new player.

It's a real shame because the mechanics of wow are pretty damn fun. The PVP is pretty good, except it takes forever to kill anyone. Hopefully blizz mans up and releases a legacy server, because live wow is complete garbage. Maybe the higher levels are fun and raiding is fun, but to any of you "classic" purists out there, stay far away. I'd only recommend it to a group of friends who want to play extremely casually.

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 04:39 PM
It's very tempting to my inner crackfiend who aspires to binge on MMOs, but then I remember all the stuff like how the world and the BG's are full of bots, they cross-server you with Russians and Brazilians, they've dulled the strengths and weaknesses of every class, and the game has been designed to appeal to people like Azzar.

I'll probably still try it at some point though just because I'm a sucker. What I really want is another Nost

lol good post.

You mean people who haven't played since the WOTLK golden era right? That's whos returning from everyone whos posted about coming back.

Burk
08-30-2016, 04:45 PM
Well I've played for 3 hours.

-Artifact weapons are kinda like an alternate advancement. You level them up separately from your own personal lvl.
-PvE questing is pretty boring and dungeon queues for dps are 1hr++. You can lvl in any zone and the zone will scale to your lvl. The avg time to lvl for me was 2 hours.
-Haven't touched pvp yet because I'm not max lvl and I want that honor tree first.

maskedmelon
08-30-2016, 04:49 PM

Think that's longer than I've played. All I got out of it was that I did t have time to talk to people. Too much click,push,move :/

Thulack
08-30-2016, 05:19 PM

-Artifact weapons are kinda like an alternate advancement. You level them up separately from your own personal lvl.
-PvE questing is pretty boring and dungeon queues for dps are 1hr++. You can lvl in any zone and the zone will scale to your lvl. The avg time to lvl for me was 2 hours.
-Haven't touched pvp yet because I'm not max lvl and I want that honor tree first.

Everquest has had these for like 5-6 years now. WoW never had weapons like that before?

Sage Truthbearer
08-30-2016, 05:25 PM
ITT: People having an existential crises about an MMO.

It's a game, not an opiate addiction. If you re-up and you have fun, great. If you don't, then cancel.

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 05:33 PM
Everquest has had these for like 5-6 years now. WoW never had weapons like that before?

I like all the changes. I never wanted to raid for gear and equipment or grind gear gaps in PvP.

The only thing I care about is DOTA / Leagues meta-game that WoW offers.

Even in WOTLK, I didn't care much for raids and PvP gear grinds. I'm too mature for that. We aren't children anymore.

Spyder73
08-30-2016, 05:52 PM
PvE questing is pretty boring and dungeon queues for dps are 1hr++.

Leveling as restoration it is!!! Going to re up my Shaman since I am a glutton for punishment. I just keep throwing money at Blizzard but I don't see myself stopping =(

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 05:57 PM
Leveling as restoration it is!!! Going to re up my Shaman since I am a glutton for punishment. I just keep throwing money at Blizzard but I don't see myself stopping =(

I used my level boost on my druid, its my fav class. every spec kicks ass and is fun.

fuck demon hunter, id rather play my DK. also in Legion with the revamp they really made it bigger and more fun class .

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 05:59 PM
ITT: People having an existential crises about an MMO.

It's a game, not an opiate addiction. If you re-up and you have fun, great. If you don't, then cancel.

Lets have some fun w/ out Lune.

maskedmelon
08-30-2016, 06:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/dWar46m.png

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 06:32 PM
It is what it is.

I don't play MMOs anymore since p99 wound down. I'm very selective about the "MMOs" I buy.

I only play WoW due to the meta-game. There is nothing MMO in it that has ever appealed to me. I view it as a DOTA with adjunct world you can lobby in and dick around in a bot game (instance) and progress your hero a little if you feel like it. Buy stuff from the "trade market" just like DOTA.

The similarities are endless.

Kind of cool concept and WoW has a corner on that market since TBC/WOTLK I'd say. Hate now, cry later when you realize I am right. I'm talking to all 2 of ya'll.

I like fast games, and the arena provides that. DOTA can be too much sometimes with its 40 minute average per game. WoW gives me instant DOTA fun in just a few minutes. You can't really deny that melon and your thumbs up surprises me.

Lune
08-30-2016, 06:35 PM
Lets have some fun w/ out Lune.

Too late I caved and now I'm trying to decide what class to play while waiting in the queue for Sargeras

Probably monk or druid

maskedmelon
08-30-2016, 06:45 PM
Never actually played DOTA ^^; Just don't like fast paced games. I lack the focus to be any good and it is extraordinarily draining trying to focus. Doesn't matter whether I understand what to do, I am severely retarded and cannot consistently do it. Doesn't change significantly with practice either. I've mental hiccups and mostly just like to talk while adventuring ^^ Too hard to type and keep up in most newer games. That is one of the things I hated about ESO, oh, now I have to cancel animations to weave other abilities that I already spam? No ty :/ felt like I was always on the move when I tried wow and didn't have time to communicate.

Lune
08-30-2016, 06:48 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Y6ovdUA.jpg

Yikes, a whopping 6 stats

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 06:50 PM
I don't have time for stats these days. Another A+ change.

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 06:51 PM
Never actually played DOTA ^^; Just don't like fast paced games. I lack the focus to be any good and it is extraordinarily draining trying to focus. Doesn't matter whether I understand what to do, I am severely retarded and cannot consistently do it. Doesn't change significantly with practice either. I've mental hiccups and mostly just like to talk while adventuring ^^ Too hard to type and keep up in most newer games. That is one of the things I hated about ESO, oh, now I have to cancel animations to weave other abilities that I already spam? No ty :/ felt like I was always on the move when I tried wow and didn't have time to communicate.

Ahhh yes...I play a class that doesn't require much "speed" as the other classes in decision-making.

Otherwise I would probably not play. I only ever run a few sessions, WoW/MMOs definitely aren't something to marathon if you are age 30+ anyway.

Sage Truthbearer
08-30-2016, 06:58 PM
blows my mind that you people jump through such hoops to play classic elf sim yet gobble up modern garbage pvp games

Oh no, other people like to have fun playing video games differently than the way I like to have fun playing video games.

This triggers me.

AzzarTheGod
08-30-2016, 07:17 PM
If you like MOBAs because you can play them with your low-level-IT coworkers and their gamergurl wives over some brews, well keep at it i guess! Even I eat at jack in the box now and then.

That's more like it pal. *Slaps Big J off the back*

Spyder73
08-31-2016, 09:38 AM
Played Legion last night for 4 hours, was not disappointed...I am more disappointed that I wasn't disappointed if that makes sense. Game looks gud, artifact and class camps are a pretty neat addition with all the other stuff they have going on like the dungeons scaling to the level of the group. We actually wiped in a dungeon!

The entire game is like Diablo 3 style loot now where everyone gets chests and chances at boss loot. There is a lot of seamless zoning where you enter an area and its like your own area in the world with quests in it. Kind of hard to explain but it makes the leveling experience more unique than it has been in the past and it feels almost like a single player game that has others running around. triple thumbs up so far.

AzzarTheGod
09-02-2016, 04:08 AM
I rock the crowd.

ITT: Lune complains about having fun

Trollhide
09-02-2016, 06:48 AM
Welp I caved and ordered Legion 2 minutes ago, EQ sufficiently pissed me off while drunk at 3am to take a serious stab at quitting this shiz. May God have mercy on my soul.

Ahldagor
09-08-2016, 08:54 AM
So far this expac has been pretty dang good. Going through Stormheim quest lines currently, and there seems to be a lot of added content, massive expac. Liking the weapon tree, the music is on point, and The Banshee Queen will save everyone.

Orotiagito
09-08-2016, 08:47 PM

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

AzzarTheGod
09-08-2016, 09:17 PM
Legion is the best version of WoW I've played. (Vanilla,bc,wolk)

When wow started making huge numbers it drove me away. Today, the numbers are bigger than ever but the balance of pve and pvp difficulty is spot on. Every class is good and every class has some limitations on something. The addition of what are essentially mercenaries from eq live is well done, and I like how you find them in the world and get them to fight for you. The legion phone app is great it brings this entire battlefield resources follower game to my phone as well.

Legion is a fucking monster. It's such a fucking beast it's hard to quantify.

AzzarTheGod
09-09-2016, 04:03 AM
Legion is the best version of WoW I've played. (Vanilla,bc,wolk)

When wow started making huge numbers it drove me away. Today, the numbers are bigger than ever but the balance of pve and pvp difficulty is spot on. Every class is good and every class has some limitations on something. The addition of what are essentially mercenaries from eq live is well done, and I like how you find them in the world and get them to fight for you. The legion phone app is great it brings this entire battlefield resources follower game to my phone as well.

I love how tanky tanks are outside the Dungeon scene.

Most fun I have had in an MMO in years probably was powerleveling 85-100 on a Guardian druid in that cave everyone uses. Killing 20 mobs at a time nonstop spawns.

skarlorn
09-09-2016, 04:19 AM
thank god i have a shit comp right now can't give them my money cause there's no point in trying to pvp

Angushjalmur
09-09-2016, 12:25 PM
People drop $60 on every WoW expansion, play it for a couple weeks maybe, and then stop playing again.

Is it really a good game if you just show up, go through the motions like it's obligatory, and then stop playing?

Angushjalmur
09-09-2016, 12:47 PM
afterth at last expansions (cant remember the name because it was highly forgettable) the game basically played itself. did all the raids and then logged in once a day to set up NPC missions. that lasted maybe a week

AzzarTheGod
09-09-2016, 04:29 PM
havent heard what big changes were made between 1 year ago and today that could possibly make that pile of shit worth playing. would need to be fundamental revamp and a huge rollback in bloat and im just not buying it was done. Then again someone said there was world PVP and i don't understand how that would have been possible 1 year ago, so maybe they did something about the face rolling Deadmines twenty times in 5 minutes each levelling path.

1 year? Probably not much. Most positive word of mouth is coming from people who quit a few years ago.