01-09-2011, 04:56 AM
The following zones are now available on Beta:

Frontier Mountains
Dalnir
Skyfire
Overthere

Goobles
01-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Is there anything in particular you would like us to be testing in these new zones? Like an agenda of any sort?

Scrooge
01-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Yea, it'd be nice if there was some sort of a "Checklist" to go by per each phase.

nilbog
01-09-2011, 12:25 PM
Is there anything in particular you would like us to be testing in these new zones? Like an agenda of any sort?

The process we use for developing has corrected most of the issues you would have found in the prekunark zones, but due to size of the zones and number of npcs, surely we will miss some.

In general, for all beta zones:
-are the npcs difficult enough? are there safe areas that should include npcs?
-are npcs dropping correct loot? is the loot classic?
-is faction correct? are guards protecting you versus what they should?
-are there enough npcs per area? If not, tell us what areas are barren, and we can make more spawngroups and path them around. additionally, are there static npcs that should be pathing?

Frontier Mountains - make sure cycle works 100%, it had problems with existing perl script allowing for multiple named. this should be fixed now

Dalnir - general

Skyfire - spell drops look good? are the npcs casting properly? Is Talendor hard enough? He is currently set with a low respawn time. His AC is probably too low, needs testing.

Overthere - quests in outpost? is bind working properly? are the guards protecting versus everything they should?

For those having trouble finding classic information, the following pages might be useful.

http://web.archive.org/web/20011214000541/www.everlore.com/bestiary/

http://web.archive.org/web/20010406153656/eqbeastiary.allakhazam.com/zonelist.html

Rahnza
01-09-2011, 12:38 PM
Any new beta copy planned? My main lvl 50 is not available on beta.

Barfight
01-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Warps are not set up for the Overthere and Skyfire yet, is this intentional?

Kvappe
01-09-2011, 01:16 PM

I would like this aswell, my main is a rogue, and cant do anything alone, played a mage up now i would like to check out things with, but hes not even made on the beta server.

nilbog
01-09-2011, 01:16 PM

This is a Rogean-specific question, as its additional work for him. I do not believe another transfer is planned, at least not yet.

Until today, there wasn't really even content that would require more than level 40s (aside from Gorenaire). The highest zone content was Dreadlands or Droga. Now Skyfire is also available.

One of the reasons we released the zones progressively from easiest is because given the option, players would not test newbie content. They would take their lvl 50s to Sebilis or Howling Stones, and never visit say...Warsliks Woods. Prekunark beta, this is exactly how it went, so most of the development fixes over the past year have been to low-mid level content. The high-lvl dungeons had far fewer problems than the cities and outdoor zones.

When the higher zones are released, I can set up something to level your beta character, give you spells etc.

What I don't want to happen is.. everyone visiting the leveling/scribing npc, and not testing spell vendors, or testing mid level content.

Please test low-mid level content that is live in Beta. :D

Kvappe
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
This is a Rogean-specific question, as its additional work for him. I do not believe another transfer is planned, at least not yet.

Until today, there wasn't really even content that would require more than level 40s (aside from Gorenaire). The highest zone content was Dreadlands or Droga. Now Skyfire is also available.

One of the reasons we released the zones progressively from easiest is because given the option, players would not test newbie content. They would take their lvl 50s to Sebilis or Howling Stones, and never visit say...Warsliks Woods. Prekunark beta, this is exactly how it went, so most of the development fixes over the past year have been to low-mid level content. The high-lvl dungeons had far fewer problems than the cities and outdoor zones.

When the higher zones are released, I can set up something to level your beta character, give you spells etc.

What I don't want to happen is.. everyone visiting the leveling/scribing npc, and not testing spell vendors, or testing mid level content.

still cant do anything with a rogue, there arent any groups there, so a solo class is more or less needed.

But thanks for clarifying.

Pyrocat
01-09-2011, 04:43 PM

200% exp increase, so people can level up without wasting time on a character that will be deleting?

nilbog
01-09-2011, 04:52 PM
200% exp increase, so people can level up without wasting time on a character that will be deleting?

This I agree with. Or more.

I'll be speaking to Rogean about it today.

Kvappe
01-09-2011, 04:56 PM
This I agree with. Or more.

I'll be speaking to Rogean about it today.

Yea with 300-400% exp i would happy play a iksar monk to atleast 20-30 that would give some good testing i guess?

nilbog
01-09-2011, 05:35 PM
Warps are not set up for the Overthere and Skyfire yet, is this intentional?

Updated old man thorren to include Frontier Mountains, OT, and skyfire. Will be available with next script update.

Rogean
01-09-2011, 06:18 PM
Copying Characters again would be difficult due to technicality reasons with new iksars being created.

There are also people that don't want to lose the progress they have made on their characters.

Mardur
01-09-2011, 08:27 PM
Would you field specific requests? Or is the effort not worth an additional tester?

h0tr0d (shaere)
01-09-2011, 09:20 PM
make it a 200pct xp, or more for iksar characters. Or characters below a certain level, so they're more willing to play them in the lower lvl zones.

Goobles
01-10-2011, 12:22 AM
Stop whining and level one up. I have a level 25 iksar monk right now.

Cribanox
01-10-2011, 02:28 AM
Stop whining and level one up. I have a level 25 iksar monk right now.

Its not whining as much as theres just no time in most of our shedules to play our main characters that actually matter to us versus beta testing something at normal speeds.

I remember on the live test server, at some point, there was a /buff command that leveled you to level 25 or so.

If you want us to specifically test zones one by one, or even just level brackets (like 1-10, 11-20, etc) can't you specifically limit us or cap us off to certain areas and levels?

I am no professional beta tester or anything, but anything that gave the 10-20 people actually testing inventive to group (by forcing us to play in the same zones around the same level) I would think would make kunark come out earlier, or at least in better shape.

Other than that I don't think Kunark is going to come out 100% bug free anyway, I would vote yes on just realising it to our "live" server so that the real "testing" can happen.

Goobles
01-10-2011, 04:00 AM
If you want us to specifically test zones one by one, or even just level brackets (like 1-10, 11-20, etc) can't you specifically limit us or cap us off to certain areas and levels?

The reason why they are doing it in phases is so that we can test zones pretty much in a 'one-by-one' fashion, and people are still whining. Check.

Other than that I don't think Kunark is going to come out 100% bug free anyway, I would vote yes on just realising it to our "live" server so that the real "testing" can happen.

This would be a catastrophic idea. It would be such a head ache for the GMs to deal with all the petitions. It's bad enough that we don't get reimbursed on the test server for anything we lose.. imagine how many people would be pissed the hell off if they spent 3 hours questing and then on the turn in, they got nothing? There's a reason why we're doing it this way. I'm not mad, just saying that some people need to learn to appreciate PROCESS.