PDA

View Full Version : Blizzard Goes Back To Starcraft 1 - Update to Diablo 2 Referenced By Insiders

AzzarTheGod
08-20-2016, 02:34 AM
SO Blizzard is finally updating a playable RTS (SC1). Sources have also indicated that Diablo 2 is slated for update as well.

I'm hearing rumors of a DLC for Diablo 2 as well. (Unconfirmed anonymous source who broke the SC1 update story originally).

They are going back and touching up classics for re-release. Is this a powerplay by BlizzardActivision?

AzzarTheGod
08-20-2016, 02:41 AM
The original jobs hiring leaks article where Blizzard confirms hiring for all 3 games

Compelling stories. Intense multiplayer. Endless replayability. Qualities that made StarCraft, Warcraft III, and Diablo II the titans of their day. Evolving operating systems, hardware, and online services have made them more difficult to be experienced by their loyal followers or reaching a new generation.

We’re restoring them to glory, and we need your engineering talents, your passion, and your ability to get tough jobs done.

http://blizzardwatch.com/2015/11/04/blizzard-updating-warcraft-iii-diablo-ii-and-starcraft-in-hd/

SC1 fully greenlit, article cites new HD graphics and UI overhaul. Ready to ship later this year.

Today, multiple sources with knowledge of Blizzard internal plans said that Blizzard will reveal StarCraft HD to the public this September. The StarCraft HD remastered version will retain the original gameplay and is said to have improved graphics resolution and user interface (UI).

http://kotaku.com/report-blizzard-releasing-starcraft-hd-1784863397

Daywolf
08-20-2016, 02:46 AM
I liked D1 better. But then I played it some again this spring, imo might sux with a modern cash shop..
I played D2 some, it was ok, but we had UO which had a lot of the Diablo feel and many went to playing that instead. Battle net were all hacks anyway :/ had some good times there though.

AzzarTheGod
08-20-2016, 02:57 AM
I liked D1 better. But then I played it some again this spring, imo might sux with a modern cash shop..
I played D2 some, it was ok, but we had UO which had a lot of the Diablo feel and many went to playing that instead. Battle net were all hacks anyway :/ had some good times there though.

D1 is not receiving an update, its just too old I guess and too basic of a game. (was also not as popular)

Daywolf
08-20-2016, 03:29 AM
D1 is not receiving an update, its just too old I guess and too basic of a game. (was also not as popular)
D2 wasn't all that advanced over D1, just more systems were starting to sell as dial-up providers switched to the monthly billing system. D2 took advantage of that with multi-player gaming as well as ps2 online functionality. D1 imo was better for solo and off-line multi-player gaming. D2 was more aimed at on-line play. Most annoying thing were all the Blizzard fan bois demanding D2 be recognized as an mmorpg :rolleyes: Then Blizz created WoW and destroyed good mmo gaming development from there on with all the crud wow clones to follow. Nope, not giving a dime to Blizzard ;)

Ahldagor
08-20-2016, 10:00 AM
^ The contrarian babbles again.

Blizz cares about not having your dimes. You, the one, the special customer that will break their billions on books. Oh ho ho ho, yes, your dimes mean everything to them.

Spyder73
08-22-2016, 12:17 PM
Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are both so infinitely better than the originals that I just don’t know what to say really. And this is coming from a 32 year old who played both of these games religiously as a kid. I feel like you have either not played recently or have never played because they are both top notch games worth every cent. Starcraft 2 is still releasing great content and the online Co-Op mode is quite fun. Diablo 3 is the best hack-n-loot by about 10,000 miles and has gone under a bajillion revamps since launch.

All the WoW haters still make me laugh, the I PWNED YOU FITE ME IRL mentality that only EQ elitists are capable of. I love EQ, don’t get me wrong, but even the worst WoW raid is more engaging and entertaining the the best EQ raid. They are just different animals at this point and EQ is about the journey much more than killing dragons

xKoopa
08-22-2016, 12:28 PM
Aw yea new d2 xpac

I wonder how massively popular d2 would be again with a good xpac

surron
08-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 are both so infinitely better than the originals that I just don’t know what to say really. And this is coming from a 32 year old who played both of these games religiously as a kid. I feel like you have either not played recently or have never played because they are both top notch games worth every cent. Starcraft 2 is still releasing great content and the online Co-Op mode is quite fun. Diablo 3 is the best hack-n-loot by about 10,000 miles and has gone under a bajillion revamps since launch.

this is true, but I would argue sc1 is a different game than sc2. SC2 is all about getting 200/200 the fastest which kinda sucks

d3 > d2 by a long shot now after all the upgrades. I'd say the first 2-3 years of d3 was garbage though

AzzarTheGod
08-22-2016, 06:31 PM
this is true, but I would argue sc1 is a different game than sc2. SC2 is all about getting 200/200 the fastest which kinda sucks

d3 > d2 by a long shot now after all the upgrades. I'd say the first 2-3 years of d3 was garbage though

yeah but nobody is there to check the upgrades they got burned and wont get burned again.

D3 and the RoS sale numbers speak for themselves. Lead director of creative got fired after RoS numbers came back with millions of box sale missing from between D3 and RoS purchases.

Mike Morhaime had his head on a stick for the damage he caused to the brand. It is the only firing in Blizzard's history. He was like "so....we just got the RoS numbers back for the month....Yeah...1.7 million boxes sold... were missing about 5-8 million box sales there. Pack your shit"

Nobody will give D3 a second chance. Its done and time to work on D4.

phacemeltar
08-22-2016, 11:14 PM
a starcraft-based MMO would be amaz

AzzarTheGod
08-22-2016, 11:50 PM
"amazeballs" would be the word for it methinks

Amazeballs makes me violent. Amaz is much preferred

Daywolf
08-23-2016, 02:11 AM
a starcraft-based MMO would be amaz
hmm I recall there was a new mod coming out for it, including persistent charters. Was funded on kickstart, might be in beta now. Not an mmo, just multi-player through battle.net and saves some progression, stats whatever.

Spyder73
08-23-2016, 10:22 AM
I just want a game where I play as a Dragon =(

maskedmelon
08-23-2016, 10:25 AM
I just want a game where I play as a Dragon =(

http://i.imgur.com/oKhTYSP.jpg

Great franchise right there.

Sodors Finest Poster
08-23-2016, 11:04 AM
"Hey, you know what would make a great successor to Diablo 2? Lets remove the most popular class."

Spyder73
08-23-2016, 11:07 AM
It seems like the most basic idea in the world to me and it completely blows my mind no one has gone this route – An RPG where you start the game hatching from an egg and then live the life of a dragon. As a young dragon you are continuously hunted and live in fear and as you grow in power you turn your efforts into dominating your area and destroying the civilization that hunted you and killed your mother dragon…revenge of the dragon son! You could even lay eggs and your dragon babies become your party members/supporter characters.

Would be cool to specialize your dragon into a Hydra with 10 heads or a giant fire dragon or even an undead skeletal dragon. You could even have the standard RPG troupes but just HAVE THE F#CKING AVATAR AS A DRAGON AND LET ME BUILD MY LAIR

Why are there no games where you can play as mythical beasts? Cyclops, dragons, chimera, griffon, worm from Tremors movies…..seems like this should have been made 100x over and it hasn’t. Instead every game is elves and dwarves and other gay sh!t