PDA

View Full Version : Ghostbusters Remake Flops - Sequels CANCELED, Investors In Debt

AzzarTheGod
08-10-2016, 08:37 PM
Trolls cited as the reason for the flop by Sony Pictures.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/congrats-ghouls-trolling-ghostbusters-worked-article-1.2745798

"Director Paul Feig's all female "Ghostbusters" is limping to the $180 million mark worldwide at the box office, well short of the $300 million the studio needs to start breaking even"

Director Feig says "never again":

Despite the fact that the new rendition of the 1984 classic included some of the best-known female comedians in the industry — Melissa McCarthy, Leslie Jones, Kristen Wiig and Kate McKinnon — this year’s “Ghostbusters” still faced a lot of criticism. The film’s director, Paul Feig, has made up his mind on one thing after the backlash — he will absolutely not be rebooting any more classic movies.

“No, no, no. No, I will not,” he told the Huffington Post. “This one was just too tempting because I knew we could do something with it that was exciting.”

Director Feig goes on to get bitter about the flop and questions misogynist motives, "Heroes are heroes, what's the problem audience?":

“It’s such a validation for the years of false controversy,” Feig said. “Up until then it was me just dealing with a bunch of angry dudes. There’s a whole generation of kids and young people who didn’t have their own ‘Ghostbusters,’ who, to them, even though it’s a great movie, it’s an old movie.”

“I don’t know why all this was controversy leading up to this, because heroes are heroes,” he said. “It doesn’t matter what gender they are,” he added.

Sony Pictures chalks the "backlash" up to some "pissing and moaning" on the internet, still short hundreds of millions to investors:

Sony Pictures head Tom Rothman also echoed McCarthy’s sentiments at the Paley International Council in New York, saying: “It’s original. You get pissing and moaning on the Internet — sexist comments – but, you know, f–k ’em.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/ghostbusters-director-paul-feig-wont-reboot-classic-movies-melissa-mccarthy-1201832804/

Thoughts? Did you see the movie?

big_ole_jpn
08-10-2016, 08:43 PM
Thoughts? Did you see the movie?

My single mother aunt who talks about how bad we need gun control and more syrian refugees because children are suffering at every family gathering saw it, loved it, so did her 12 year old son who talks in an affected girl voice constantly and never gets told it's creepy.

Myself, only saw a clip that included the line "safety lights are for dudes"

heroes are heroes, it doesn't matter what their gender is? ok, but isn't that what we should be saying to you and not vice versa, Mr. Feig?

ps: how is that pronounced? Like "fegg"?

khanable
08-10-2016, 08:46 PM
‘Ghostbusters’ Director Paul Feig Says He Won’t Reboot Another Classic

good?

stop rebooting classics you fucking cunts

R Flair
08-10-2016, 08:50 PM
http://www.breitbart.com/tech/2016/07/18/milo-reviews-ghostbusters/

All you need to know.

AzzarTheGod
08-10-2016, 08:51 PM
ps: how is that pronounced? Like "fegg"?

I suspect it may be pronounced in ways that can't be disclosed on these forums.

Heroes are heroes, but we're missing a few hundred million dollars, made no profit, and have to cancel Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum's A+ sequel movie over this. I am sure those two stars are thrilled at what Fegg has perpetrated.

Yes a generation grew up without a ghostbusters, but you just killed any chance of remaking something actually decent for them with what's being largely perceived as an affirmative action gimmick.

Sony pictures exec and Feg are seemingly mad as fuck right now. Not only did it bomb, but ghostbusters was killed over it. Male sequels canceled lol.

maskedmelon
08-10-2016, 09:04 PM
Nobody wants to see ugly/fat women except ugly/fat women.

Also, comedians aren't heroes.

Also, gender does matter due to differing expectations (see above)

Also, is that really his name?

entruil
08-10-2016, 09:21 PM
It is because they think ninja turtles are from space.

Ahldagor
08-10-2016, 10:48 PM
Lolz. Mayhaps the movie is just bad and not for any reason listed in the thread. Nostalgia milking like Hollywood does isn't a sustainable market.

AzzarTheGod
08-10-2016, 11:42 PM
Lolz. Mayhaps the movie is just bad and not for any reason listed in the thread. Nostalgia milking like Hollywood does isn't a sustainable market.

Lol'd @ this comment. And I don't want to bang you over the head, but Sony execs and the director both disagree with you. Not sure what it will take to convince you of the perceived problem.

There isn't a single fucking original thought in this thread that the producer and director didn't already come up with in their aftermath analysis of what happened.

No offense but I'll take their estimation over some SJW forum potato.

I'd appreciate your view and input more if you weren't up against the opinion of the creators of the fucking thing.

Tecmos Deception
08-11-2016, 01:16 AM
What's scary is to think that someone could have tried to remake The Blues Brothers with women instead.

Thank God they only defiled Ghostbusters.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Don't think anyone is surprised that it flopped

On the contrary... You missed IRYD's posts, Kagatob's posts, and IDK who elses posts regarding this movie. It was pretty evenly split between the forum. Most of those comedians were at the height of their popularity when this movie was announced.

Everyone was trying to remain open minded and optimistic about it.

So playing the Fedora in the aftermath aint gonna fly here pal. People were remaining positive about the movie. Big J would probably remember but not many of you were active in OT at the time.

pathius41
08-11-2016, 02:59 AM
Lol'd @ this comment. And I don't want to bang you over the head, but Sony execs and the director both disagree with you. Not sure what it will take to convince you of the perceived problem.

There isn't a single fucking original thought in this thread that the producer and director didn't already come up with in their aftermath analysis of what happened.

I'd appreciate your view and input more if you weren't up against the opinion of the creators of the fucking thing.

Are you actually taking the side of the idiots in Hollywood who think that their movie only flopped because the internet hates women?!

First , reboots always SUCK
Second, none of those women are particularly funny.
Third you don't screw with classics, period
Fourth reboots always SUCK!

pathius41
08-11-2016, 03:01 AM
What's scary is to think that someone could have tried to remake The Blues Brothers with women instead.

Thank God they only defiled Ghostbusters.

Personally glad it flopped, now we won't have to suffer through a back to the future reboot.

R Flair
08-11-2016, 03:07 AM
Are you actually taking the side of the idiots in Hollywood who think that their movie only flopped because the internet hates women?!

1 and 2 true, 3 and 4 are not. Plenty of good remakes and sequels out there.

This movie was just trash and I really don't think the people who made it are the ones to look to for the why. If they really understood the why, they wouldn't have made a shitty movie. They didn't just have an epiphany.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2016, 03:07 AM

Faig maintains otherwise.

Journalists from The Atlantic and NBC News saw the controversy as part of the ongoing culture war and gender divide engaged across social media.

They, along with Faig, noted commonalities to the events and reactions of the video game-related Gamergate controversy.

Leslie Jones (African-American) came under fire specifically. Why was the black woman getting the most heat?

Following the release of the film, Jones became the target of racist and sexist abuse on Twitter. A number of users, including Faig, showed support for Jones and criticized Twitter's handling of the situation. Paul Faig responded to the abuse against Jones, tweeting: "F--- the haters. And haters, attack me all you want but when you attack and insult my cast, you've crossed the line. Grow up and leave my cast alone."

On July 19, Twitter suspended the account of Breitbart writer Milo Yiannopoulos, who had criticized black comedian Leslie Jones, for abusive racist behavior over the previous 48 hours.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2016, 04:03 AM

lol

"Before the release, director Paul Faig stated "A movie like this has to at least get to like $500 million worldwide, and that’s probably low."

Welp so much for that. It bombed so fucking hard we'll never see another ghostbusters again. The franchise went all in on this one.

Domo
08-11-2016, 04:10 AM
I was supriced that John Travoltas movie "Battlefield Earth" was a flop back in time.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2016, 04:14 AM
The tweet, which came after Clinton became the first female nominee for a major political party, included a GIF of Kate McKinnon’s character with the message: "2016 — The year we busted ghosts and the glass ceiling. #ImWithThem."

So we have confirmation now that the movie was created with affirmative action and feminism in mind. So much for Aldgador's comment on the situation.

Even more interesting:

"Ghostbusters" director Paul Feig wasn't happy to learn Sony Pictures deleted a post from the movie's Twitter page congratulating Hillary Clinton for being named the Democratatic presidential candidate.

"Boo-yah, we smashed your glass ceiling. There was a ghost behind it. #ImWithHer #BustTheCeiling #Ghostbusters," the now-deleted Tuesday post from the reboot's official Twitter page read.

So much for that? What good is "breaking the glass ceiling if it costs everyone money?

Thoughts or opinions? Genuinely interested in the ideology behind those who believe a Federal law is necessary to fix the "pay gap".

Income redistribution for women, yay or nay?

Computer Man
08-11-2016, 10:43 AM
I think it did as well as could be expected given the bad concept. Imagine a remake of Charlie's Angels with all guys - think that would be a big money maker?

Ahldagor
08-11-2016, 11:26 AM

Sony execs and the director have no incentive to say they made a bad movie tho'. They can defer to their stance to create the argument they did too.

Personally, it looked bad to me. The casting had nothing to do with that.

Danth
08-11-2016, 01:19 PM
Ghostbusters could work fine with an all woman cast, an all male cast, a mixed gender cast, or whatever. It doesn't matter because the actors mostly run around in overalls and sex isn't relevant to the plot.

New movie "fails" largely because of poor budgeting. If it had been made with the (inflation adjusted) budget that the original one was made under, it'd be turning a nice profit right now.

Danth

myriverse
08-11-2016, 01:34 PM
Completely unrelated to the gender thing, it's quite possibly the most UNfunny movie I've ever seen.

myriverse
08-11-2016, 01:36 PM
I think it did as well as could be expected given the bad concept. Imagine a remake of Charlie's Angels with all guys - think that would be a big money maker?
Charlies Angels with all guys is just another law enforcement show/movie.

Tupakk
08-11-2016, 01:47 PM
Movie looked bad from the first trailer I saw. I didn't waste my money on it.

Reboots don't always flop but a majority do because big egos get the better of people.

big_ole_jpn
08-11-2016, 01:53 PM
Hurr, durr, the movie did not fail because of the casting (the featured gimmick and only real premise of the movie) it failed cuz it was bad.

Of course a movie with an all female lead cast could be good, if the all female casting was coincidental or necessary. Thing is: it wasn't. No affirmative action film is ever going to be as good as a film that bends to artistic constraints first instead.

The movie failed because it was nothing more than an attempt to join the feedback loop of one of the creepier "social activist" "movements" of our day to generate what the illuminati at the top of Sony felt were guaranteed profits. In a sense attempting to use DARPA brainwashing for their movie's marketing campaign.

bdastomper58
08-11-2016, 02:04 PM
can't imagine having such an intense vendetta against a silly movie

Tupakk
08-11-2016, 02:08 PM

Ikr.

Jap is just salty there wasn't an Asian chick in the cast. :p:p:p

big_ole_jpn
08-11-2016, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't call it intense since it's an abject failure and kinda non-issue, but not feeling strongly about disgusting propaganda marketed to kids kinda smacks of apathy.
Ikr.

Jap is just salty there wasn't an Asian chick in the cast. :p:p:p

Maybe a lil. Would have settled for one attractive woman of any race tho.

bdastomper58
08-11-2016, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't call it intense since it's an abject failure and kinda non-issue, but not feeling strongly about disgusting propaganda marketed to kids kinda smacks of apathy.

how much of the movie did you watch before determining your posts were needed to protect the children?

Tupakk
08-11-2016, 02:28 PM

Ain't that the truth.

big_ole_jpn
08-11-2016, 02:58 PM
how much of the movie did you watch before determining your posts were needed to protect the children?

like I said, no real need to say anything as it flopped naturally. I was just explaining why I and apparently a decent proportion of consumers find the thang gross as fuck. u don't?

Ahldagor
08-11-2016, 03:15 PM
Anyone watch the cartoon reboot?

Nirgon
08-11-2016, 03:44 PM
this movie cant get its ass beat enough

keep it comin'

Paul Feig is an IDIOT (https://heatst.com/tech/twitter-allegedly-forces-comedian-to-delete-ghostbusters-joke-because-it-triggered-paul-feig/)

Sage Truthbearer
08-11-2016, 03:56 PM
I didn't see this movie because the trailer didn't look very funny and I'm tired of lazy reboots.

I didn't feel the need to have a huge emotional investment in the movie's financial outcome and I honestly don't give shit how attractive the actors are or aren't if it would've been a funny/good movie.

NegaStoat
08-11-2016, 04:02 PM
No surprise it flopped. The script writer and director could have made a reboot, with women, and had it work if they put some legitimate effort into the story and dialogue. Answering questions like "what things about the supernatural fascinates the different characters?", "what motivations do the characters have in developing / using technology to hunt and trap ghosts?", "why and how much will be borrowed or referenced from the first movie set?", "what story theme are we trying to get across to the viewers?", "what plot points and character moments will appeal to certain viewers that they will identify with?", and finally, "what 'hook' will work best in bringing the cast back for another sequel?"

But they didn't bother. They really didn't try at all to spend the hours necessary in answering some of those basic questions and how they would relate to each other when a final story was developed. It as just.... half assed crap. Movie viewers have seen GOOD films, including reboots, and can judge for themselves if something will be garbage rather than be threatened that they're being politically incorrect over something totally unrelated to movie quality.

Lastly, China makes up a HUGE number of viewers and revenue for films. They screwed up by not having an asian (Chinese would be best for max returns) lady as one of the four. China loves big explosions and CGI and stuff flying at them, but aren't big at all on black actors or a cast without an Asian to identify with. Just stating the obvious based on revenue facts.

Maitresse
08-11-2016, 05:39 PM
Young Scientist man explains it perfectly!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWROBiX1eSc

Chaboo_Cleric
08-11-2016, 06:06 PM
If this movie had Bill Murey and Dan Akroide it would've done well. Instead we got fat woman... Dude Ghostbusters was never meant to be a chick flick. This movie was rjw biggest joke I've seen yet. World of Warcraft had better casting. The fact they rebooted this series without the stars behind it , is beyond me.... I'm glad it flopped. I hate reboots of classic movies without the lead actors. Goood rid dance

Laugher
08-11-2016, 06:25 PM
Not surprised with the outcome of this one @ the box office, probably wouldn't have looked twice had it not been for the lolzy Youtube trailer situation

Nirgon
08-11-2016, 06:50 PM
If this movie had Bill Murey and Dan Akroide it would've done well. Instead we got fat woman... Dude Ghostbusters was never meant to be a chick flick. This movie was rjw biggest joke I've seen yet. World of Warcraft had better casting. The fact they rebooted this series without the stars behind it , is beyond me.... I'm glad it flopped. I hate reboots of classic movies without the lead actors. Goood rid dance

Dan made several total cuck comments as well

Hope he enjoys the tarnish on the brand

Poor Bill tho

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2016, 07:45 PM

So why do it? That's the question right now in regards to affirmative action.

Why empty investors pockets who worked hard for their money their entire lives? Did you think money is just printed?

Should the SJW effect excuse the studio and director from losing hundreds of millions of dollars out of the US economy? That money could have gone to something more enriching.

I see your thinking is very narrow here.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Ghostbusters could work fine with an all woman cast, an all male cast, a mixed gender cast, or whatever. It doesn't matter because the actors mostly run around in overalls and sex isn't relevant to the plot.

New movie "fails" largely because of poor budgeting. If it had been made with the (inflation adjusted) budget that the original one was made under, it'd be turning a nice profit right now.

Danth

Fair point. Why over-invest when the metrics say that the movie is unlikely to hit?

I guess this serves as an example of how SJWs can be harmful to the economy. Just because you "feel" a certain way, doesn't make it reality.

AzzarTheGod
08-11-2016, 07:52 PM
Hurr, durr, the movie did not fail because of the casting (the featured gimmick and only real premise of the movie) it failed cuz it was bad.

Of course a movie with an all female lead cast could be good, if the all female casting was coincidental or necessary. Thing is: it wasn't. No affirmative action film is ever going to be as good as a film that bends to artistic constraints first instead.

The movie failed because it was nothing more than an attempt to join the feedback loop of one of the creepier "social activist" "movements" of our day to generate what the illuminati at the top of Sony felt were guaranteed profits. In a sense attempting to use DARPA brainwashing for their movie's marketing campaign.

Point sustained.

Ahldagor
08-11-2016, 07:54 PM
So why do it? That's the question right now in regards to affirmative action.

Why empty investors pockets who worked hard for their money their entire lives? Did you think money is just printed?

Should the SJW effect excuse the studio and director from losing hundreds of millions of dollars out of the US economy? That money could have gone to something more enriching.

I see your thinking is very narrow here.

They did it because they thought they'd make money like in any investment, and like any investment, it can fail. Business is business. The guys that put up the money aren't going to be broke from it anyway. Your third paragraph doesn't make any sense.

pathius41
08-11-2016, 11:39 PM

Not a freakin chance.

Auvdar
08-11-2016, 11:51 PM
It was still better than Suicide Squad...

AzzarTheGod
08-12-2016, 12:06 AM

Really? The vibe I got was the masses and comic fans were generally happy with Suicide Squad.

big_ole_jpn
08-12-2016, 12:40 AM

Does Suicide Squad predate the suicide girls porn company? I heard one of the songs off the soundtrack (my 11 year old nephew was listening) and it was all about "i wanna tie you down i wanna pin you down" and shit? And the lead character is right off of SG.

seems like they were trying for some crossover appeal with people who like shitty porn but i don't know anything about the source material, what do you think?

AzzarTheGod
08-12-2016, 12:46 AM
Does Suicide Squad predate the suicide girls porn company? I heard one of the songs off the soundtrack (my 11 year old nephew was listening) and it was all about "i wanna tie you down i wanna pin you down" and shit? And the lead character is right off of SG.

seems like they were trying for some crossover appeal with people who like shitty porn but i don't know anything about the source material, what do you think?

Plausible theft of intellectual property. Call the Emperor's best men immediately.

Ahldagor
08-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Really? The vibe I got was the masses and comic fans were generally happy with Suicide Squad.

Suicide Squad could end Will Smith. It was that bad.

myriverse
08-12-2016, 12:04 PM
Suicide Squad created in 1959, but it was a bit different back then. I think it's safe.

As near as I can tell, the people that didn't like the movie were mostly critics.

pathius41
08-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Will Smiths recent boycott of the Oscars because he felt he was snubbed due to race, and his even more recent comment in Dubai saying he wants to "wants to cleanse country of Donald Trump supporters" will be the reason his career will end.

AzzarTheGod
08-12-2016, 03:53 PM
Will Smiths recent boycott of the Oscars because he felt he was snubbed due to race, and his even more recent comment in Dubai saying he wants to "wants to cleanse country of Donald Trump supporters" will be the reason his career will end.

Yeah sounds like he's gotten too political.

Ahldagor
08-12-2016, 06:08 PM
Yeah sounds like he's gotten too political.

Scientologists are strange.

AzzarTheGod
08-12-2016, 06:23 PM
Scientologists are strange.

Not sure why he is talking. I mean he is making 50 million a movie for the past 12 years (his base fee, according to hack leaks one of the highest paid actors in Hollywood surpassing the fading popularity of Tom Cruise who was the former highest paid actor in Hollywood.)

Why would he open his mouth? I'd want to get as much money as possible in my prime.

bdastomper58
08-12-2016, 08:24 PM
"welcome to earf"

source: best actor in hollywood

Trungep99
08-14-2016, 12:25 AM

The original ghost busters cast were comedians.

Trungep99
08-14-2016, 12:26 AM

I liked his performance best out of the actors in that movie.

Ahldagor
08-14-2016, 01:39 AM
I liked his performance best out of the actors in that movie.

He was the best actor, but he couldn't save it. Too much to carry in it.

Fame
08-14-2016, 02:20 AM
Ya don't remake Bill Murray

AzzarTheGod
08-14-2016, 03:23 AM
The original ghost busters cast were comedians.

Counterpoint sustained.

AzzarTheGod
08-14-2016, 03:24 AM
He was the best actor, but he couldn't save it. Too much to carry in it.

Who was getting carried?

How was Margot Robbie as Quinn? I haven't seen any of her movies outside Wolf of Brostreet.

Comments on Jared Leto? Should I see this movie?

Ahldagor
08-14-2016, 12:38 PM
Who was getting carried?

How was Margot Robbie as Quinn? I haven't seen any of her movies outside Wolf of Brostreet.

Comments on Jared Leto? Should I see this movie?

She wasn't quirky in the Quinn way and was more annoying than anything. She even had some serious, dramatic parts that were ooc and horribly forced. Leto doesn't need to be Joker ever again. That was proly the worst I've seen him in a role, and I wasn't expecting a Ledger-esque performance from him. I am factoring in the club-OG style they designed for Joker too which was really ooc for Joker. They really butchered the characters, sadly. If you planned on seeing it then wait until you can rent it or dl it to save a few bucks. I don't suggest it tho'.

stormlord
08-14-2016, 03:39 PM
The only movies I'd want to see--IF I cared--right now are Star Trek Beyond, Hell or High Water and Don't Breathe. I think ti's sad the new Ghostbusters isn't doing well. I thought about going to see it, but I don't watch movies very often. In fact, I've seen only a handful in all my life. Not a moviegoer! But damn, I wish it had done better. It looked ok to me from the trailers, not that I ever care about trailers.

stormlord
08-14-2016, 03:55 PM

So you think it would have been better with one or two female ghostbusters? Don't you think it's sexist though by its nature to suggest having an all female cast is a probelm? It shouldn't. We should be blind to gender when judging a movie.

stormlord
08-14-2016, 04:01 PM
No surprise it flopped. The script writer and director could have made a reboot, with women, and had it work if they put some legitimate effort into the story and dialogue. Answering questions like "what things about the supernatural fascinates the different characters?", "what motivations do the characters have in developing / using technology to hunt and trap ghosts?", "why and how much will be borrowed or referenced from the first movie set?", "what story theme are we trying to get across to the viewers?", "what plot points and character moments will appeal to certain viewers that they will identify with?", and finally, "what 'hook' will work best in bringing the cast back for another sequel?"

But they didn't bother. They really didn't try at all to spend the hours necessary in answering some of those basic questions and how they would relate to each other when a final story was developed. It as just.... half assed crap. Movie viewers have seen GOOD films, including reboots, and can judge for themselves if something will be garbage rather than be threatened that they're being politically incorrect over something totally unrelated to movie quality.

Lastly, China makes up a HUGE number of viewers and revenue for films. They screwed up by not having an asian (Chinese would be best for max returns) lady as one of the four. China loves big explosions and CGI and stuff flying at them, but aren't big at all on black actors or a cast without an Asian to identify with. Just stating the obvious based on revenue facts.
I think China denied this film for some reason. It's a weird @%^&#$! reason too. So moviegoers in China didn't even get to see it. So that right there would explain a lot why this film didn't produce enough profits.

'Ghostbusters' Denied Release in China
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ghostbusters-denied-release-china-910563
"It's been confirmed that Ghostbusters won't be coming to China, because they think it's not really that attractive to Chinese audiences," says one Chinese executive. "Most of the Chinese audience didn't see the first and second movies, so they don't think there's much market for it here."

AzzarTheGod
08-14-2016, 04:37 PM
The only movies I'd want to see--IF I cared--right now are Star Trek Beyond, Hell or High Water and Don't Breathe. I think ti's sad the new Ghostbusters isn't doing well. I thought about going to see it, but I don't watch movies very often. In fact, I've seen only a handful in all my life. Not a moviegoer! But damn, I wish it had done better. It looked ok to me from the trailers, not that I ever care about trailers.

The only reason I wish it had done better is so we could see a real remake with Aykroyd and Bill involved with Chris Pratt (if he tones down the millennial punk routine a little bit for this movie and ages himself up, hes in his 30's but acts like hes 17 in every movie. I've never seen him play his age and Ghostbusters would have been a good platform for him alongside venerables like Aykroyd and Murray.)

And I guess Channing Tatum's casting was fine, although I look at Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum's comedies as exactly the same archtype,

So no idea why they had casted Chris Pratt and Channing Tatum together. But I would have liked to see it, since word is Aykrod and Murray were going to be involved.

This movie failing cost us the entire franchise for now.

Freakish
08-14-2016, 04:42 PM
So you think it would have been better with one or two female ghostbusters? Don't you think it's sexist though by its nature to suggest having an all female cast is a probelm? It shouldn't. We should be blind to gender when judging a movie.

They remade a full male cast with a full female cast in an era of social justice and gender issues at the forefront of many political issues. It is absolutely not sexist to point out that they politicized a movie reboot.

AzzarTheGod
08-14-2016, 05:09 PM
They remade a full male cast with a full female cast in an era of social justice and gender issues at the forefront of many political issues. It is absolutely not sexist to point out that they politicized a movie reboot.

This. The movie and its subsequent marketing and promotion was politicized by Sony Pictures.

Unfortunately SJWs couldn't carry the whole thing on their backs, and now everyone is left disappointed. The consumer, the creator, and the investor.

big_ole_jpn
08-14-2016, 05:28 PM

"safety lights are for dudes". sure, liking Ghostbusters: Class Struggle Edition is being blind to gender.

Never said an all-female cast is a fundamental problem. The problem is that the director and producers were clearly using gender politics for a marketing angle instead of worrying about making a decent movie. You can accuse me of being a sexist for not deliberately lobotomizing myself and ignoring the obvious because you heard on TV that it's more important to virtue signal about being "gender blind" than to be a functional human if you want.

How insulting it is to the audience to assume they are more concerned with dogshit Marxist politics than seeing a decent film when they go to purchase a ticket. But hey, that's how stupid these fucks believe the mass of humanity is. That is how much contempt they have for human life.

The failure of this movie is actually a pretty damn good sign. Indicates that the reach of gender d&c brainwashing is significantly weaker than estimated by the (((executives))) at Sony -- executives that are intimately plugged in to deeper talmudic concerns, if you recall the email leak. Chink in the armor.

AzzarTheGod
08-14-2016, 06:40 PM
"safety lights are for dudes". sure, liking Ghostbusters: Class Struggle Edition is being blind to gender.

Never said an all-female cast is a fundamental problem. The problem is that the director and producers were clearly using gender politics for a marketing angle instead of worrying about making a decent movie. You can accuse me of being a sexist for not deliberately lobotomizing myself and ignoring the obvious because you heard on TV that it's more important to virtue signal about being "gender blind" than to be a functional human if you want.

How insulting it is to the audience to assume they are more concerned with dogshit Marxist politics than seeing a decent film when they go to purchase a ticket. But hey, that's how stupid these fucks believe the mass of humanity is. That is how much contempt they have for human life.

The failure of this movie is actually a pretty damn good sign. Indicates that the reach of gender d&c brainwashing is significantly weaker than estimated by the (((executives))) at Sony -- executives that are intimately plugged in to deeper talmudic concerns, if you recall the email leak. Chink in the armor.

Big post. Woke.

Ahldagor
08-14-2016, 06:58 PM

It was rather cynical of the execs to attempt that kind of marketing scheme, and the market might be an indicator that what is rampant on the internet or voiced by a younger generation isn't where the mean of society actually is. Whether or not such plans will continue has yet to be seen and doubtful because of the data that Ghostbusters has provided. I also think that Melissa McCarthy's run is up becuase she's the same character and somehow was given the John Candy career path when she has way less talent.

AzzarTheGod
08-14-2016, 07:53 PM
. I also think that Melissa McCarthy's run is up becuase she's the same character and somehow was given the John Candy career path when she has way less talent.

Big studio wise, it only takes 1-2 major flops (usually just one) to cut your fee by half.

What happens is her run isn't "done" as much as the star refuses to accept a lower fee and keeps trying to get bids on scripts from any studio.

I have looked into this heavily. Stars both new and old live and die in Hollywood according to what they are willing to accept.

Many of the Twilight cast are prime examples of this, as we have a slew of financial data on the stars themselves that has been disclosed, and their subsequent demands following Twilight.

Taylor Lautner was done by it, as was Ashley Greene. They were trying to get up to 5 million and Taylor Lautner was trying to command 7.5 million for a comedy lead. Hollywood froze him out and he refused to lower his fee. Same with Greene.

R Flair
08-14-2016, 08:08 PM
Spy was probably the funniest movie of 2015, so I don't think another flop is going to end things for Melissa. Someone like her is going to have limited opportunities because not everyone has a sarcastic fat chick role to fill. Not really her fault when movies just don't work out.

Ahldagor
08-14-2016, 08:47 PM
Big studio wise, it only takes 1-2 major flops (usually just one) to cut your fee by half.

What happens is her run isn't "done" as much as the star refuses to accept a lower fee and keeps trying to get bids on scripts from any studio.

I have looked into this heavily. Stars both new and old live and die in Hollywood according to what they are willing to accept.

Many of the Twilight cast are prime examples of this, as we have a slew of financial data on the stars themselves that has been disclosed, and their subsequent demands following Twilight.

Taylor Lautner was done by it, as was Ashley Greene. They were trying to get up to 5 million and Taylor Lautner was trying to command 7.5 million for a comedy lead. Hollywood froze him out and he refused to lower his fee. Same with Greene.

Hollywood business. She might take less to stay active which would be smart. Over saturation is a problem, but actors only have so long to make their money which has to be capitalized on. The Twilight folks asking that much is laughable tho'. The project they were on was bigger than their talents merited post-Twilight which is what it sounds like they're dealing with. Hell, Orlando Bloom has done what else beside LOTR and Pirates?

Ahldagor
08-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Spy was probably the funniest movie of 2015, so I don't think another flop is going to end things for Melissa. Someone like her is going to have limited opportunities because not everyone has a sarcastic fat chick role to fill. Not really her fault when movies just don't work out.

I can see that, but Spy was terrible. She seemed to be the only interested cast memeber while everyone else was just getting a check to help her. She's definately been niched into that character role, but it doesn't last long. Not gonna fault her for getting dat pay do.

entruil
08-14-2016, 09:10 PM
Tryin' to get my mind straight... is this an affirmative-action thread or what?

Ahldagor
08-14-2016, 10:58 PM
Tryin' to get my mind straight... is this an affirmative-action thread or what?

Or what.

entruil
08-14-2016, 11:20 PM
neat. thx ren/stimpy.