PDA

View Full Version : O'Neal "unarmed teen"

Tecmos Deception
08-06-2016, 08:02 AM
TIL a 4000-pound machine with a top speed of 140 mph, when rammed through a police barricade and nearly running over a police officer, is not a weapon.

Thanks, popular media. I appreciate the education.

Nihilist_santa
08-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Dundu nuffin. Boy was just on his way to school.

bdastomper58
08-06-2016, 01:12 PM
is this referring to the man shot in the back by police while fleeing on foot?

Tecmos Deception
08-06-2016, 02:06 PM
is this referring to the man shot in the back by police while fleeing on foot?

... after fleeing at speed through a populated residential area, ramming police cars, nearly running over a cop, and crashing into another police car (injuring the cops inside)...

Yes, then he fled on foot and was killed. I haven't seen anything conclusive about whether he was hit while still driving or only after he fled into the yards behind those houses or whatever though.

Shame he died. Maybe the final shot(s) weren't justified. But definitely he shouldn't have done a dozen or more things that were illegal leading up to that point. And definitely the gunfire began at a point when he was acting with reckless disregard of human life (if not intentionally trying to seriously injure or kill prople).

Barkingturtle
08-06-2016, 02:27 PM
ChicagoPD has a rule against discharging their firearms into vehicles if that vehicle is the only weapon involved. If the suspect is trying to ram you, no shooty. If the suspect is firing upon you from his Honda, then go ahead and shooty. Fairly simple, really.

Regardless of your civilian opinion of whether or not these crimes justified deadly force, the cops' own rules state that they did not. And the cops broke those rules with fucking gusto. Like, action-movie gonzo gunfire on a residential street. That's why this is a story at all.

Well, that and the parts of the video where the lifeless body is abused and the cops high-five and make jokes and whatnot. But that's just kinda typical lynch mob stuff so it's not as if it's that out of the ordinary.

It's not like this is the most egregious police involved shooting we've ever seen, but by their own metrics it wasn't justified. End of story.

barrettdc1
08-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Justified or un-justified, another law-breaking harambe is off the streets and thats good enough for me.

AzzarTheGod
08-06-2016, 04:14 PM
ChicagoPD has a rule against discharging their firearms into vehicles if that vehicle is the only weapon involved. If the suspect is trying to ram you, no shooty. If the suspect is firing upon you from his Honda, then go ahead and shooty. Fairly simple, really.

Regardless of your civilian opinion of whether or not these crimes justified deadly force, the cops' own rules state that they did not. And the cops broke those rules with fucking gusto. Like, action-movie gonzo gunfire on a residential street. That's why this is a story at all.

Well, that and the parts of the video where the lifeless body is abused and the cops high-five and make jokes and whatnot. But that's just kinda typical lynch mob stuff so it's not as if it's that out of the ordinary.

It's not like this is the most egregious police involved shooting we've ever seen, but by their own metrics it wasn't justified. End of story.

This.

This particular department has a policy against shooting at vehicles that are being used as weapons.

phacemeltar
08-06-2016, 04:46 PM
unrelated: https://vimeo.com/177637826#embed

Daywolf
08-06-2016, 08:54 PM
But did he have his hands up while driving?

pathius41
08-06-2016, 11:06 PM
You're a racist loser who thinks police can act as judge, jury, and executioner. You're a piece of shit. At least your crippling addiction to emulation EQ prevents you from influencing society outside of these forums.

and you are yet another moron who interjects race into everything. Criminals have no color other than yellow. The minute a criminal tries to kill an officer that criminal gives up his right to a trial, shoot him dead on the spot, period. It has nothing to do with race. F criminals.

pathius41
08-06-2016, 11:47 PM
What's the matter? I say criminal and you think black, guess you are the racist here not me. I don't give a damn what color the criminal is, the only good criminal is a dead one.

pathius41
08-06-2016, 11:49 PM
What is even more funny is you don't know what race I am, just going on about your day like you know somethin.

Tecmos Deception
08-07-2016, 12:49 AM
You're a racist loser who thinks police can act as judge, jury, and executioner. You're a piece of shit. At least your crippling addiction to emulation EQ prevents you from influencing society outside of these forums.

I'm not racist. I might be dumbist though. Do dumb-enough shit, and I won't care much if you get shot by police... even if the police weren't perfectly in line with local procedure.

phacemeltar
08-07-2016, 02:30 AM
and you are yet another moron who interjects race into everything. Criminals have no color other than yellow. The minute a criminal tries to kill an officer that criminal gives up his right to a trial, shoot him dead on the spot, period. It has nothing to do with race. F criminals.

do you mean any law violator? because there are some really silly laws that still have no been phased out, and many people have historically been put to death for laws that were later revoked.

pathius41
08-07-2016, 03:22 AM
do you mean any law violator? because there are some really silly laws that still have no been phased out, and many people have historically been put to death for laws that were later revoked.

I'm talking about violent crimes. you know damn well I am not talking about killing someone for shoplifting or hanging their laundry on Sunday. The day they pass a law that makes it legal to kill cops, I'll leave trust me.

R Flair
08-07-2016, 03:28 AM
What's the matter? I say criminal and you think black, guess you are the racist here not me. I don't give a damn what color the criminal is, the only good criminal is a dead one.

lol he fell right into that trap.

Got eeeeem.

Tecmos Deception
08-07-2016, 08:29 PM
I'm totally okay with police violating protocols put in place to prevent gross civil right violations. As long as the people it's happening to are not me.

Idiot.

Policies are one thing, law is another. Does Illinois have law on point? Federal law iirc is you can shoot a fleeing, unarmed person if the officer has probable cause to believe will cause death/serious injury if not immediately apprehended.

And when shooting started, he wasn't unarmed or fleeing, but armed and nearly killing people. Not a stretch to see probable cause that he would do so again if not stopped immediately.

If the cops broke policy they agreed to follow, then they should be subject to that agreement. But department policy isn't necessarily the state or federal law.