PDA

View Full Version : Brain Type Test! - Liberal or Conservative

maskedmelon
08-02-2016, 03:01 PM
So apparently some nerds somewhere devised a series of questions to determine your political affiliation. Interestingly the questions have nothing to do with politics! I took the test and was award 69 liberal points!

Give it a go and share your results ^^ After some more of us have an opportunity to take the test, we can discuss some of the questions and share our thoughts on them.

So, without further ado, I give you,

The Disgust Test (http://chartsme.com)

Many thanks to Santa for sharing this test with us!

myriverse
08-02-2016, 03:28 PM
Um... first question is about monkey meat. That seems extremely political to me. A few others seem to be about nature-related things. I don't really buy into the "conservatives are more prone to disgust" thing, because there are plenty of things that typical Liberals get disgusted about. I'm weird that death (especially animal death) doesn't disgust me.

It didn't really turn out how I'd hoped. It says I'm only 67% Liberal, when I'm more like 90%. The US Democratic party is far too conservative for my liking.

big_ole_jpn
08-02-2016, 03:31 PM
it says im a ravenclaw but i really think im a slytherin

maskedmelon
08-02-2016, 03:39 PM
Um... first question is about monkey meat. That seems extremely political to me. A few others seem to be about nature-related things. I don't really buy into the "conservatives are more prone to disgust" thing, because there are plenty of things that typical Liberals get disgusted about. I'm weird that death (especially animal death) doesn't disgust me.

Curious why monkey meat would be political?

it says im a ravenclaw but i really think im a slytherin

lol

Barkingturtle
08-02-2016, 03:50 PM
Test is fatally flawed.

I mean, my score of sixty-percent republican is obviously skewed by my vegan diet. This is a legit example of irony.

R Flair
08-02-2016, 03:57 PM
42% cons 58% lib. Not disgusted by bugs, dead stuff or eating strange food.

Seems off.

maskedmelon
08-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Test is fatally flawed.

I mean, my score of sixty-percent republican is obviously skewed by my vegan diet. This is a legit example of irony.

lotta issues with the monkey question! (Myr too) I looked at it this way: if it's me or the monkey, ima eat the little bastard. I'd feel bad killing him as I would with any animal and may not be able to do it, but if someone else did all the dirty work George would find his way to my tummy so long as I didn't like have to eat his face or hand or something.

Honestly though, who would answer STRONGLY AGEEE to that? I mean like who's all, "MONKEY MEAT?! FUCK YES!!" ?

R Flair
08-02-2016, 04:08 PM
I'd eat monkey meat without a second thought if I was hungry in the jungle. Smash their little heads and rip off their tails, put a stick up their butt and bbq.

Hope I brought salt on this hypothetical journey.

Nihilist_santa
08-02-2016, 04:09 PM
It was accurate with me. I took it awhile back but was north of 70% repub. It seems to me that people should experience some disgust with most of the questions ( I dont recall the specifics since its been awhile). It would be funny if the more you try to hide the disgust or rationalize why you should not be disgusted the more liberal you are.

maskedmelon
08-02-2016, 04:14 PM
I think my score is a result of apathy/numbness stemming from overwhelming indecision. The intestine deal was most disgusting for me, evoking "much disgust." I think to earn "extreme disgust" there would have to be violence associated with it.

Sidelle
08-02-2016, 04:16 PM
LOL. Weird test. 65% conservative 35% liberal.

"Your brain is a republican."

big_ole_jpn
08-02-2016, 04:18 PM
42% cons 58% lib. Not disgusted by bugs, dead stuff or eating strange food.

Seems off.

got this exact score btw

barrettdc1
08-02-2016, 04:18 PM
Lol so if you aren't disgusted by stepping on a bug barefoot that makes you a liberal? Makes sense.

R Flair
08-02-2016, 04:30 PM
I think my score is a result of apathy/numbness stemming from overwhelming indecision. The intestine deal was most disgusting for me, evoking "much disgust." I think to earn "extreme disgust" there would have to be violence associated with it.

Same. The intestines thing was one of my only extreme disgusts. Things I can't take are watching good people hurt or dying (I can watch terrorists getting shot down all day). I get light headed just giving blood. But corpses or dead people ashes don't bother me at all.

Maybe I'm just weird.

Saludeen
08-02-2016, 04:34 PM
I'd be "disgusted" if I stepped on a worm only because I feel bad for the worm. Anyway it said I was 65% liberal, which means absolutely nothing. 420

Nihilist_santa
08-02-2016, 04:47 PM
I'd be "disgusted" if I stepped on a worm only because I feel bad for the worm. Anyway it said I was 65% liberal, which means absolutely nothing. 420

http://i.imgur.com/17F4xJw.png

Daywolf
08-02-2016, 04:59 PM
23/76 meh I'm not easily disgusted. That other test I understood all the questions. This one seemed more like a series of ink blotches, very abstract to anything of reality. Sometimes there is just a fine line between first semester psychology and advanced psychosis, and probably shouldn't write this sort of stuff in either situation hehe

AzzarTheGod
08-02-2016, 06:29 PM
didn't even read or click page 1

this is what I was knocking when I decided to skip page 1. next-level. specifically verse 2 and 3. hella bars. how would I ever take this quiz after knockin these hot tracks? lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvvnnTnUrU8

Lojik
08-02-2016, 06:47 PM
This thread disgusts me. 100% neckbeard

Lune
08-02-2016, 07:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yzuRmqh.jpg

Good quiz OP I feel like this one allowed me to accurately express my beliefs

Ahldagor
08-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Ketchup on vanilla ice cream? Who does or would do that? I like both independently. Together seems weird. Might try it.

84% liberal.

maskedmelon
08-02-2016, 08:14 PM

I'm sorry Lune :*( We'll find one eventually! ^^

Daywolf
08-02-2016, 08:39 PM
I edited my reply into a spoiler. Don't read until after taking the test, if you do.
If you click all the answers from the far-right you get 88/12
If you click all the answers from the far-left you get 12/88
If you click all the answers from the center you get 50/50

Basically the presumption of the test creator is that republicans are intolerant while democrats are tolerant ...hah which is totally opposite (imo), however, irrelevant to this test to detect actual party leanings.

It's an adaptation of The Disgust Scale (http://people.stern.nyu.edu/jhaidt/disgustscale.html)
imo the emo scale hehe
+emo / -emo

Nihilist_santa
08-02-2016, 09:02 PM

How did you do on this one?

http://www.playbuzz.com/dananaftali10/how-jewish-are-you-actually

Daywolf
08-02-2016, 09:56 PM

I'll bite:
lol

Self-hating Jew
"Oy! You don’t like anything about Jewish traditions, present yourself as an atheist, and the only thing that is Jewish about you is your circumcision (or maybe just your name). And you'll take Christmas over Hanukah any day. But you're obviously hilarious and super smart. You're more Jewish than you may want to admit ;)."

Well I'm definitely not atheist (that's a religion that requires too much blind-faith). I don't hate marriage and doesn't provide a moderate option yet remaining pro-marriage/pro-family. I like holidays, even though the western traditional Christmas (only viable test choice) is perverted into a pagan-Catholic thingy, though orthodox Christians have it more correct. My name is nowhere close to jewish. My remaining living family are all leftists, badly, and just major drama queens, they are easy to hate, though none are jewish either. I am obviously hilarious and super smart, that must be it! ...though I don't find them very hilarious, it's mostly leftist stuff, though some of them are really smart with numbers while I'm just avg there. meh, another emo quiz :)

maskedmelon
08-02-2016, 10:00 PM
I edited my reply into a spoiler. Don't read until after taking the test, if you do.
If you click all the answers from the far-right you get 88/12
If you click all the answers from the far-left you get 12/88
If you click all the answers from the center you get 50/50

Basically the presumption of the test creator is that republicans are intolerant while democrats are tolerant ...hah which is totally opposite (imo), however, irrelevant to this test to detect actual party leanings.

It's an adaptation of The Disgust Scale (http://people.stern.nyu.edu/jhaidt/disgustscale.html)
imo the emo scale hehe
+emo / -emo

Interesting! ^^

big_ole_jpn
08-02-2016, 10:16 PM
someone should make a "which EQ NPC are you" quiz so we can see Lune get Tubal Weaver

Daywolf
08-02-2016, 10:50 PM
Lets just skip to the chase here: How Emo Are You, Really? (http://www.playbuzz.com/popbuzz10/how-emo-are-you-really)
:D

AzzarTheGod
08-02-2016, 11:35 PM
It said I was Mack in the melon range.

Anyone know what that means?

Daywolf
08-02-2016, 11:56 PM

Anyone know what that means?Dr. Google says makeup. MAC melon. Brand and color range.

AzzarTheGod
08-03-2016, 12:02 AM
Dr. Google says makeup. MAC melon. Brand and color range.

Thanks I was pretty confused.

JurisDictum
08-03-2016, 12:08 AM
It goes off a very simple correlation between being easily disgusted and voting republican (or being conservative in general).

You can do the same with fear oriented questions.

Ahldagor
08-03-2016, 12:18 AM

I got not Jewish with a picture of Snoop Dogg.

maskedmelon
08-03-2016, 07:24 AM

Anyone know what that means?

You want us to die? Or everyone in general? You ok Azz?

maskedmelon
08-03-2016, 08:41 AM
I got not Jewish with a picture of Snoop Dogg.

Same and apparently I am optimistic and don't care about my future husband or what my mother thinks.

I am going to need to think deeply on this.

Ahldagor
08-03-2016, 08:47 AM
Same and apparently I am optimistic and don't care about my future husband or what my mother thinks.

I am going to need to think deeply on this.

You shouldn't care what your mother thinks if you're an adult.

Jorgam
08-03-2016, 09:41 AM
Conservative
51%

Liberal
49%

You are a Republican!

myriverse
08-03-2016, 11:05 AM
Curious why monkey meat would be political?
There are way more Liberal vegetarians and animal rights activists.

This is one of the types of things I don't fit the Liberal mindset. I'd eat dolphin if it were on the menu. Meat > Politics

maskedmelon
08-03-2016, 12:40 PM
Lets just skip to the chase here: How Emo Are You, Really? (http://www.playbuzz.com/popbuzz10/how-emo-are-you-really)
:D

Not quite emo royalty :confused: Need more eyeliner and Hot Topic to have people lining up to call me their emo best friend.

I hadn't expect this really. More to contemplate...

AzzarTheGod
08-03-2016, 03:52 PM

I'm on the mend.

Those who speak don't know. 666

Daywolf
08-03-2016, 04:12 PM
Not quite emo royalty :confused: Need more eyeliner and Hot Topic to have people lining up to call me their emo best friend.

I hadn't expect this really. More to contemplate...
Oh that was Casual Emo, eh? I GOT THE SAME RESULT TOO AAAHHHHH! I had no idea what I was clicking on :eek: I should have looked for a Goth quiz instead, but then a sudden hopelessness came over me at the thought :( .... *sigh*

Daywolf
08-03-2016, 04:18 PM
There are way more Liberal vegetarians and animal rights activists.

This is one of the types of things I don't fit the Liberal mindset. I'd eat dolphin if it were on the menu. Meat > PoliticsOh, I thought the monkey question had something to do with evolution and liberals not eating their own kind :o

big_ole_jpn
08-03-2016, 04:22 PM
i'm emo royalty and i wasn't even wearing eyeliner at the moment i took the test (altho i am now)

step to me

R Flair
08-03-2016, 04:45 PM
had no idea who those emo people were. Officially not emo.

maskedmelon
08-03-2016, 04:50 PM
Oh that was Casual Emo, eh? I GOT THE SAME RESULT TOO AAAHHHHH! I had no idea what I was clicking on :eek: I should have looked for a Goth quiz instead, but then a sudden hopelessness came over me at the thought :( .... *sigh*

I looked all over the place and couldn't find the title! Casual kinda like I'm a poser :( I didn't even know I was posin' though... We'll have to take a trip to Hot Topic to correct this.

i'm emo royalty and i wasn't even wearing eyeliner at the moment i took the test (altho i am now)

step to me

Will you be my emo best friend?*・゜゚・*~.~*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*~.~*・゜゚・*

AzzarTheGod
08-03-2016, 05:43 PM
Will you be my emo best friend?*・゜゚・*~.~*・'(*゚▽゚*)'・*~.~*・゜゚・*

Those who know don't speak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd7TgbF7oWo

If I'm involved, its easy to spot.

Just check the posters post count, and the type of knot.

big_ole_jpn
08-03-2016, 05:44 PM
depressed azzar + no pokesan make forum real sad

dafier
08-03-2016, 05:48 PM
Liberal = Everything free, Obama phone/care and other dark items, unicorns and rainbows fill the earth.

Conservatives = GOD RAIN DOWN FIRE ON EVERYTHING! MUSLIMS MUST ALL BE ERADICATED FROM THE EARTH! TRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPP! Walls and other shit to keep people in, and out.

Moderates = People who suffer because they are the only thinkers and logical people caught in between.

big_ole_jpn
08-03-2016, 05:55 PM
Liberal = Everything free, Obama phone/care and other dark items, unicorns and rainbows fill the earth.

Conservatives = GOD RAIN DOWN FIRE ON EVERYTHING! MUSLIMS MUST ALL BE ERADICATED FROM THE EARTH! TRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMPPPPPPP! Walls and other shit to keep people in, and out.

Moderates = People who suffer because they are the only thinkers and logical people caught in between.

i agree thats why im voting for gary johnson

AzzarTheGod
08-03-2016, 06:04 PM
lets write in jill stein or w/e the Bernie nuts are spamming on social media the past 2 months. its not a waste of vote or anything, its for the "movement".

don't give up. cringe.

maskedmelon
08-03-2016, 06:25 PM
depressed azzar + no pokesan make forum real sad

I was thinking the same thing. Pokes went to TAKP didn't he?

maskedmelon
08-03-2016, 06:28 PM
Those who know don't speak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd7TgbF7oWo

If I'm involved, its easy to spot.

Just check the posters post count, and the type of knot.

Hope you feel better soon ^^

Daywolf
08-03-2016, 06:40 PM

Moderates = People who suffer because they are the only thinkers and logical people caught in between.Well if you are so against the unicorn people, maybe try not listening/believing their propaganda against Trump there?
i agree thats why im voting for gary johnson
So... for Globalist Liberal it is, eh? Even Ron Paul turned his back on giving an endorsement. I reject his NAFTA etc even if he says he want's to somewhat restructure it. Screw hard-core globalist trade-block deals all together, and squishy globalism too. I hated NAFTA even before it was passed, I knew what it was. Ain't no fixing it. Even then, w/o his ideas of putting lipstick on that swine, he still loves/praises NAFTA just the way it is. F* that! At least he'll suck in some of the Clinton votes.

Sorry, OP, my "liberal brain" about melted down hehe. Maybe need to resurrect that old Johnson thread ;)

maskedmelon
08-03-2016, 07:05 PM
amazed this sort of filth finds a home outside RNF

Have taken the test? ^^

barrettdc1
08-03-2016, 07:36 PM
i wish everyone was dead

Trungep99
08-03-2016, 07:46 PM
I got 56 in liberal

AzzarTheGod
08-03-2016, 07:53 PM
i wish everyone was dead

pras

FoxxHound
08-03-2016, 10:39 PM
76 Lib. I thought it would be a lot higher. Like 80's or 90's~

R Flair
08-03-2016, 11:46 PM

Spot on with libtards, misrepresentation of conservatives.

Most conservatives don't even believe in God, at least not the one that rains down fire. I've never heard a single politician or even public figure elude to eradicating muslims, but it will come to that before long. Walls never intended to keep anyone in.

Way to build strawmen to avoid choosing a side you panty waste.

dafier
08-04-2016, 02:33 PM
Spot on with libtards, misrepresentation of conservatives.

Most conservatives don't even believe in God, at least not the one that rains down fire. I've never heard a single politician or even public figure elude to eradicating muslims, but it will come to that before long. Walls never intended to keep anyone in.

Way to build strawmen to avoid choosing a side you panty waste.

WOOOOOOOOOO! I like you a lot. Seriously, good post.

I am talking about extremism on both sides, not literal. As for "Most conser... don't believe in God", I disagree with you. If you are Christian, and believe in the Christian God (not Morons....mormons or whatever), then you must believe in a wrathful God. It's in the old test... Anyway, without side tracking, my side is:

Conservative/Moderate. There are some points the Liberals have that are worthy and worth following, but for the most part they have crazy points of view that are unrealistic.

maskedmelon
08-04-2016, 02:56 PM
WOOOOOOOOOO! I like you a lot. Seriously, good post.

I am talking about extremism on both sides, not literal. As for "Most conser... don't believe in God", I disagree with you. If you are Christian, and believe in the Christian God (not Morons....mormons or whatever), then you must believe in a wrathful God. It's in the old test... Anyway, without side tracking, my side is:

Conservative/Moderate. There are some points the Liberals have that are worthy and worth following, but for the most part they have crazy points of view that are unrealistic.

I like to distill it like this:

Liberals: Love me completely or die!

Conservatives: Leave me be or die!

I identify more with the latter because I mostly just want to be left alone. I have no issue with people doing whatever they like, whether it's putting things in their butt or pretending they're drinking a dead man's blood. Have at it! Just don't foist your shit on me. If I want to put things in my butt or pretend I am drinking a dead man's blood or watch other people do those things, I will (and you can't stop me!) and if I don't want to, I won't. The moment you seek to compel my participation, you can kindly die.

Daywolf
08-04-2016, 03:40 PM
I disagree with you.nah he's right.
There are some points the Liberals have that are worthy and worth followingnot really.

Liberals: Love me completely or die!Justice.

Conservatives: Leave me be or die!Liberty.

maskedmelon
08-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Justice.

@.@

Daywolf
08-05-2016, 06:05 PM
@.@
Not that they deliver on justice, but that's their central theme. This is often where activism comes from, and especially their dealings in social justice as they perceive it.

big_ole_jpn
08-05-2016, 06:07 PM
justice is all class enemies being raped to death by third worlders until we are all strong mulatto transwomyn with ripped muslim daddies

Csihar
08-05-2016, 06:18 PM
I like to distill it like this:

Liberals: Love me completely or die!

Wouldn't "Love these other people completely" be more accurate?

I respect your mind but on this issue I think you're a little biased. You look at the best of the conservatives (and tend to present the libertarian side of conservatives although they are not the average conservative) but at the worst of the liberals.

I get (and agree) with the liberals ironically forcing their message of tolerance on other people but you should remember that Gay Pride parades exist solely because of homosexual discrimination. And this discrimination is not solely social (and this is very significant). The conservatives have actually been socially tyrannical in ways that partially causes modern day liberals to act like they do. As much as the conservatives may want to be left alone (rightfully so) they don't return the favour as you imply.

R Flair
08-05-2016, 06:23 PM
As for "Most conser... don't believe in God", I disagree with you. If you are Christian, and believe in the Christian God (not Morons....mormons or whatever), then you must believe in a wrathful God.

What they "should" believe in is irrelevant to what they actually believe. Aside from even the hypocrites professing one thing while demonstratively believing another, theres a pretty sizeable subset (and growing) of conservatives who have nothing to do with Christianity or the Bible at all.

maskedmelon
08-08-2016, 03:41 PM
Wouldn't "Love these other people completely" be more accurate?

I respect your mind but on this issue I think you're a little biased. You look at the best of the conservatives (and tend to present the libertarian side of conservatives although they are not the average conservative) but at the worst of the liberals.

I get (and agree) with the liberals ironically forcing their message of tolerance on other people but you should remember that Gay Pride parades exist solely because of homosexual discrimination. And this discrimination is not solely social (and this is very significant). The conservatives have actually been socially tyrannical in ways that partially causes modern day liberals to act like they do. As much as the conservatives may want to be left alone (rightfully so) they don't return the favour as you imply.

Thank you ^^ and you are right of course, that was an unfair assessment. While I do not think there is anything particularly admirable about the conservative view, I think the liberal one was a bit less favorable. I think it would be better expressed as

"love everyone or die," or

"love all of us or die"

because though there are some selfless individuals among liberals, I do not believe such individuals are represented in any greater percentage among liberals than they are among the general population. The sad truth is that liberalism, like conservatism is not an inherently selfless ideology and liberals are no more likely to embrace people outside of their group than conservatives are. Perhaps I am too cynical ^^

The fundamental difference that I sought to illustrate is that one demands participation, one refuses it. In the past, the latter may have prohibited rather than refused, but the truth is that form of conservatism (and probably conservatism in general) no longer enjoys a majority.

It seems to me that both factions (liberals and conservatives) have become increasingly authoritarian with regard to social issues though which is the antithesis of liberalism and that is a source of some frustration for me. There really aren't any liberals anymore. Contemporary liberals largely represent social liberalism while contemporary conservatives, perhaps to a lesser degree, profess classical liberalism. Each clinging to a different branch of the same limb that reaches in a direction all its own.

Offhand, I am not sure how I feel about pride parades specifically except that they do not appear prideful :/ My comment on things and butts was just a reference to sodomy laws in general, not homosexuality. There are plenty of heterosexual couples who engage in the behavior as well. Beyond public health & safety concerns (proliferation of venereal disease, etc.) though government has no business involving itself in the private behaviors of rational consenting adults.