PDA

View Full Version : Solo Drusella as a necro.

Izmael
07-31-2016, 08:43 AM
I'd like to hear your experiences with it, if any.

Tecmos Deception
08-01-2016, 08:33 AM
Maybe almost every necro is just antisocial? Or part of a secret society that refuses to reveal any of its secrets to non-members? Lol.

I assume it's possible to get her with a necro. As a chanter a 51 pet with buffs against her with slow would be a close thing. It would often need stuns to help finish her without dying. Of course that was with no DPS coming from the chanter at all, and I never used -MR gear or powerful proccing weapons, so I'd like to think that the right procs and heals+damage from the necro and luck with charm holding would make it work. You might even be able to load a pet up with stuff to help resist poison and disease, plus DMF? Not sure how hard it would be for a 51-52 NPC to resist a level 55 NPCs spells.

She's just nasty cause she hits exceptionally hard for a level 55 mob and she has a lifetap proc. She doesn't (or didn't, in my experience) really resist any more than anything else. She casts spells that are quite nasty, but unless every spell she casts is ebolt or ignite blood or bond of death, then 6 seconds spent on a spell that might get interrupted or resisted isn't on average any worse than 6 seconds of meleeing for 250 with procs really.

Idea: can necros use their unresistable undead charm on her to give her -resist gear, then feign and /q and fight after that? So it's easier to keep her rooted or to stick ST on her when she tries to gate (which is pretty common when she gets low) as an interrupt? Are there some items that give -resists to other things that magic also?

Shodo
08-01-2016, 01:58 PM
Not sure if the added damage on her would be worth it (NPCs generally do more when holding a weapon?) but using the strategy Tecmos mentioned a PWC might work well. Nerfs her PR for your dots and she'll proc about a 250dd on herself in all. Pet should resist its half of it easily with DMF since it's a rain spell.

Tecmos Deception
08-01-2016, 03:37 PM
Not sure if the added damage on her would be worth it (NPCs generally do more when holding a weapon?) but using the strategy Tecmos mentioned a PWC might work well. Nerfs her PR for your dots and she'll proc about a 250dd on herself in all. Pet should resist its half of it easily with DMF since it's a rain spell.

She won't hit harder with a pwc. NPCs only deal extra damage with weapons because of dual wield, procs, or if the weapon is high damage and the NPC is low level and a pet (you can't give an oggok cleaver and hp rings to a decaying skeleton and watch him hit noobs for 90, unfortunately). High level stuff hits too hard for a weapon to boost their max hits, DS especially since she hits for over 200 by default.