PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Chairmen Ailes Slandered by Disgruntled Female Employees

maskedmelon
07-25-2016, 11:24 AM
One of the most influential forces in modern media and man behind the curtain of the contemporary Republican Party and conservative movement has come under fire by a band of disgruntled former employees. The employees (all women) allege Fox News Chairman, Roger Ailes is guilty of wanton sexual misconduct. The accusations come in response to a lawsuit filed by one employee and aimed at discrediting the network.

It is no secret that Fox News leans in the right direction in its coverage of world events and is far easier to watch than other network news stations. One of Mr. Ailes' dreams was that people might still watch Fox even with the volume muted. And it is a dream that the network has not fallen short of in its pursuit - indeed most of the time I see Fox in public spaces, it is muted.

Curiously it is that noble ambition, the very thing that makes Fox News bearable for so many viewers that has landed Mr. Ailes in hot water. It is plainly obvious to even the least informed viewer that Fox holds its anchors to higher standards, some of the highest in the industry, often making it appear that other networks hold no such standards at all. As with all standards, Fox's stand as insurmountable barriers to the talentless and unambitious. It should come then as no surprise that as employees become less effective overtime, they may fail to adequately satisfy the requirements of their position necessitating a parting of ways.

Source (https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/the-fall-of-roger-ailes-he-made-fox-his-locker-room--and-now-women-are-telling-their-stories/2016/07/22/5eff9024-5014-11e6-aa14-e0c1087f7583_story.html)

Trungep99
07-25-2016, 11:30 AM
I guess you don't believe all of the claims of sexual abuse with Bill Cosbey either?

Multiple women filing claims of sexual abuse by an employer needs to be taken seriously, especially when multiple people claim it independently of one another.

Lune
07-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Fox News doesn't just lean right, it's a full blown right-wing echo box.

Sometimes I work in the rehab gym of a skilled nursing facility and they play CNN on the TV all day, and we get old people in there who whine and demand we turn it to Fox News because they "are tired of hearing the liberals criticize Trump/conservatives/etc". That is such an abomination on behalf of both Fox and CNN that they lean any way at all, and Fox does it way worse and in fact pioneered it-- with Ailes at the helm. News media should be objective and shouldn't divide us along party lines. Hope he rots in hell :O)

maskedmelon
07-25-2016, 12:34 PM
That is such an abomination on behalf of both Fox and CNN that they lean any way at all, and Fox does it way worse and in fact pioneered it-- with Ailes at the helm. News media should be objective and shouldn't divide us along party lines. Hope he rots in hell :O)

Lune smiled ^^

I agree too with all of this btw.

R Flair
07-25-2016, 12:51 PM
The problem with the above, is that when actual unbiased news gets reported (like say, corruption, rigged DNC etc) people will still claim that its a "conservative" slant.

AzzarTheGod
07-25-2016, 06:06 PM
Fox News doesn't just lean right, it's a full blown right-wing echo box.

Sometimes I work in the rehab gym of a skilled nursing facility and they play CNN on the TV all day, and we get old people in there who whine and demand we turn it to Fox News because they "are tired of hearing the liberals criticize Trump/conservatives/etc". That is such an abomination on behalf of both Fox and CNN that they lean any way at all, and Fox does it way worse and in fact pioneered it-- with Ailes at the helm. News media should be objective and shouldn't divide us along party lines. Hope he rots in hell :O)

Except the supreme court ruled there is no obligation to have news on a news channel, or to report any "news" in news media. Permission for a circus was granted despite the court considering that the definition of news traditionally has a....well...traditional meaning (surprising I know, news should be news?? lol stupid plaintiffs), and therefore said advertising of news reporting is inherently disingenuous in 2016 in light of the supreme court's rulings.

You sound a bit dated here. Journalistic integrity and news anchors are so last century.

AzzarTheGod
07-25-2016, 06:15 PM
The problem with the above, is that when actual unbiased news gets reported (like say, corruption, rigged DNC etc) people will still claim that its a "conservative" slant.

One thing me and IRYD (who is a liberal democrat) seemed to agree on, is that we find liberals to be the worst partisan hacks.

I have never met a true conservative republican hack IRL....Ever. They seem to only exist as boogeymen in news media, commentators on Fox, and a select few websites and internet trolls (mostly forum trolls). And I grew up around middle-upper class people my entire life with middle-upper social circles.

Never came into contact with a single father, friend, or worker that would qualify as a partisan hack who worships the party platform.

Conservatives are much more independent minded when you nix the troll factor.

Daywolf
07-25-2016, 06:50 PM
It's general slant is neocon. When the shite hits the fan, they will always rush to defend the R-agent neocon. Maybe to the exception of Hannity, though he's had his moments of confusion.

maskedmelon
07-25-2016, 10:39 PM
I guess you don't believe all of the claims of sexual abuse with Bill Cosbey either?

Multiple women filing claims of sexual abuse by an employer needs to be taken seriously, especially when multiple people claim it independently of one another.

Well, the rest of your posts make sense now ^^

Trungep99
07-25-2016, 10:41 PM
Well, the rest of your posts make sense now ^^

That I'm an all around great guy?