PDA

View Full Version : Is there really no good server that allows boxing?

Noselacri
07-24-2016, 02:29 PM
I've been waiting years for somebody to make something like P99 but with boxing. From what I can tell, nobody ever has. There were some short-lived, often hilariously awful attempts such as The Sleeper, but there remains no option for a quality classic server where you can multibox. Is there something hidden away somewhere that I've missed?

Also, that prepackaged PEQ stuff, how playable is that? Is it godawful crap or is it decent enough to just make your own server and play on without putting any additional work into it? I looked at the eqemu forums and there didn't seem to be any discussion whatsoever about the actual quality of the prepacks.

Thulack
07-24-2016, 02:56 PM
"Good servers" and boxing dont go together

Domo
07-24-2016, 02:57 PM
Can I get your stuff before you leave?

burkemi5
07-24-2016, 03:56 PM
Tak project and project 2002 are two servers that aim to stop at PoP and both allow 3 boxing.

Haynar
07-24-2016, 06:42 PM
Noone really discusses "quality" of servers.

You try it and see if you like it.

The takp server emphasizes quality and allows boxing. Going to pop, currently in Kunark with Velious expected to drop Sept or Oct. Client is older, but they are working on fixing it up.

H

Pokesan
07-24-2016, 07:49 PM
TAKP and p2002 are the spiritual succesors of P99 imo. can't wait for them to take off, it's gonna be huge. and POP is the best expansion hands down.

TAKP if you want the legacy client and content persnicketyness - I love it but some don't.

p2002 if you want titanium - a bit more modern and easy to work with.

Torven
07-25-2016, 12:20 PM
To give you some idea as to how much attention to detail The Alkabor Project goes into, see http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40543 for a good example.

Project EQ's data isn't as accurate as TAKP's, but they are improving largely because they begun importing our work. (actually several TAKP devs are also PEQ devs)

Stock EQEmu isn't as concerned with gameplay mechanics accuracy as TAKP is, so many of the finer details are incorrect using their builds. They are more concerned with getting clients working and mobs pathing and such and they have a much larger subset of features they need to support. However EQEmu mechanics are also improving from collaboration with TAKP and we share discoveries often.

TAKP has the most accurate mechanics of any emu in large part because our users played EQ stuck in PoP for 10 years so the Mac users know all the quirks extremely well. It's not some 15 year old memory for them as their server shut down less than 3 years ago and have been giving us feedback since. They also provided me with a mountain of logs.

maskedmelon
07-25-2016, 12:36 PM
How do I get started without reading a bunch of garbage?

Baler
07-25-2016, 01:19 PM
I played shards of dalaya in it's hay day. I never boxed but my friend did. We use to explore of kinda of crazy shit. I remember there was this one back room with a fake wall you ran into and it would teleport you to some stone overworld area.

But quality has changed there a lot. Similar to P99.. a lot of the cool and nice people get bored or move onto other things. Then you're left over with a server full of bitter, grumpy and dumb veterans and noobs. Atleast that's my take on it.

At the moment I have not seen a good private server for any old mmo. Most people have gotten bored and or moved on. :(

---
I tend to get bored on lower pop servers. This is probably why I still play on p99 it's still high population as far as private servers go.
I wouldn't enjoy myself on 02 or tak. Then knowing that the group i'd be in is probably just 2 other people and not 5 other people would suck.

Love it or Hate it. 1 person per 1 player is an awesome feeling. especially when there is 1200+ other people in that world and you know it.

trite
07-25-2016, 01:26 PM
Yeah you want to play some other game....and that game isn't good...

Secrets
07-25-2016, 01:38 PM
How do I get started without reading a bunch of garbage?

The same way you started P99: By reading a lot of garbage. http://wiki.takp.info/index.php?title=Getting_Started

Keykey
07-25-2016, 02:07 PM
I'm so glad you asked!

A perfect opportunity for me to promote the server I play on.

This is my server: http://p2002.com/

I installed a year ago, but I think clicking one link, downloading is all you need to do! It does everything you need including creating an icon on your desktop to click.

After you register for the forum, check here in the Technical Help forum: http://p2002.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=17 - LOTS of help for new players.

You only register one forum account, but you can have as many player accounts as you like! I recommend one play character per account so you can play any two or three combinations together. I put multiple mules on a single account.

I am in a very active guild: http://p2002.com/guilds/13 The guild raids most prime time evenings, but we have active players from all over the globe.

I give away Oracle robes and Stein of Moggok to new casters daily. I lead "Fine Cut, Diamond Inlaid Mask " quests weekly for ALL levels and classes.

There are many friendly and generous players on P2002.

Bongs - If you have time, download, come say hello... and see for yourself . Be sure to find me if you do!