PDA

View Full Version : New truck!

Spyder73
07-21-2016, 10:42 PM
What you guys think? I am going to name it Drogo

R Flair
07-22-2016, 09:07 AM
Surely this is the truck that will mount the world.

maskedmelon
07-22-2016, 09:23 AM
Nice ride! I would prefer red, but looks good still ^^ Mean!

Baler
07-22-2016, 09:28 AM
Nice I always drool over new trucks. Sometimes I go to local dealerships and just browse.
Can we see inside pics?
I noticed it has a box in the back if you don't mind me asking is this related to your occupation?

Or did you get this truck while you were in jail doing 10 years or w.e it was? >_>

Saludeen
07-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Looks awesome, although a waste of gas unless you need it to haul stuff.

Daywolf
07-22-2016, 10:53 AM
Looks a lot like a ranger I had, just bigger cab and less mud.

Spyder73
07-22-2016, 11:13 AM
Nice I always drool over new trucks. Sometimes I go to local dealerships and just browse.
Can we see inside pics?
I noticed it has a box in the back if you don't mind me asking is this related to your occupation?

Or did you get this truck while you were in jail doing 10 years or w.e it was? >_>

I also love browsing new trucks – you are not alone in this.

Jail was just a joke to hype up my roleplay contest and devalue Filbus/CaptainAmazin as #1 role-player... I only kept the gag going for like 2-3 days. Wait no, the governor of Texas pardoned me…I think that’s what I went with.

As for the toolbox, I worked a desk job so its not related to work – If I am being completely honest I got it because I think it looks bad ass…but I do have my jack, straps, some tools, and my tow hitch in it. I figure also it will be nice for camping and I can throw sh!t in it that I don’t want to fly out of the back or want in my cab. I don’t have any kids so me and the GF are pretty active and always on the move, the box will come in handy and I only paid $300 for it.

Hasbinbad
07-22-2016, 11:45 AM
when will you be buying and applying your truck nuts?

Baler
07-22-2016, 12:20 PM
If I am being completely honest I got it because I think it looks bad ass…but I do have my jack, straps, some tools, and my tow hitch in it. I figure also it will be nice for camping and I can throw sh!t in it that I don’t want to fly out of the back or want in my cab. I don’t have any kids so me and the GF are pretty active and always on the move, the box will come in handy and I only paid $300 for it.

I've got a old well used 96 dodge single cab. Got it off a buddy who works on a farm for a good deal and it came with a silver toolbox in the back. So I know exactly how useful it can be for storing stuff in. You can lock it up and not have to worry about some jerk stealing stuff out of the bed. My truck being a single cab I even use the box for groceries.

So was there a pretty sweet deal on tundras in your area? around here they've been pushing the tundra with nice packages and a few years of free maintenance. Super tempting to get one myself.

I cut a lot of firewood so I can't go without a truck.

Spyder73
07-22-2016, 12:35 PM
Bought is from a dealership in DFW that has a really good reputation (they are gigantic) – 1 owner previously - $34,500 + TTL - 2015 SR5 Offroad wth 17,000 miles on it.

I shopped around a lot… feel I got a really good deal on it

It came with the 3" suspension lift, air bag rear shocks, and the black 20” TRD rims. I added the brush guard, tool box, KC lights, and AVS hood shield. I also ordered some aftermarket taillights and headlights that have not come in yet that are really going to give it that blacked out look. They should come in next Wednesday according to amazon. Funny yet unrelated, the light brand I ordered is “Spyder”

Has a factory warranty to 36,000 miles and then i'm paying $35 a month for an extended warranty to 2024 or 120,000 miles...So the thing should be fully covered for a long while

Pokesan
07-22-2016, 12:40 PM
when will you be buying and applying your truck nuts?

he's already devalued it a couple thousand with those gay stickers

Raev
07-22-2016, 01:01 PM
Let's hope you aren't the 2nd macequest victim after someone looks up your license plate

Spyder73
07-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Try to MaceQuest in Texas and you get GunQuested - speaking of which I am going to www.crazygundealeronlinestore.com in Alvarado tomorrow with my brother so I can up my arsenal... need something to keep people like Pokesan away from the truck...undesirables and what not

alphys
07-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Nice truck! I've always wanted to buy a new one, but I could never bring myself to pay more than 5k for a vehicle.

I love trucks, but find its much easier to just have to just install a hitch and pull a trailer if I need to move anything big. For things like big boats, I have a V8 Camper van that pulls everything just fine.

Trucks are almost a status thing now. People get them raised a bit, then just pump them full of gas. Man they look awesome though.

I am just a little jelly though. I just have a 90 mx-5, the camper van, commuter kia hatchback

Looks awesome, and good warranty. I always forget about the resale a few years down the road.

Gain
07-22-2016, 04:14 PM
Get a snorkel.