PDA

View Full Version : ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 12:05 PM
BLACK MAN SHOT BY POLICE WHILE LYING ON GROUND WITH HANDS UP

http://secondnexus.com/social/black-man-shot-hands-up/?utm_content=inf_10_1164_2&tse_id=INF_16fa29d04f4511e6a541a52d0f601bf9

http://i.imgur.com/DlyzZpo.jpg

Charles Kinsey, a group therapist at a Miami-area health center, went to retrieve an autistic patient who had left the premises and wandered into the street. He did not expect to get shot.

According to North Miami Police, the incident began Monday afternoon. Officers arrived on the scene after someone called 911 saying there was a man on the street with a gun threatening suicide. In an interview with reporters from his hospital bed, Kinsey said the “gun” was in fact a toy truck which was clearly visible to police. Local media outlets obtained cellphone video footage corroborating Kinsey’s story. The footage, taken before the officer fired his weapon, shows his patient, a 23-year-old man named Rinaldo, sitting in the middle of the roadway and playing with his toy while Kinsey obeys police orders to lie down on the ground on his back. Kinsey has his hands in the air throughout the entire ordeal.

Kinsey had no reason to believe the incident would turn violent as long as he complied. “I was really more worried about him [Rinaldo] than myself,” he said. “I was thinking as long as I have my hands up… they’re not going to shoot me. This is what I’m thinking, they’re not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong.” Kinsey’s account suggests compliance would not have helped. “I’m like this right here, and when he shot me, it was so surprising,” he continued. “I thought it was a mosquito bite, and when it hit me I had my hands in the air, and I’m thinking I just got shot! And I’m saying, ‘Sir, why did you shoot me?’ and his words to me were, ‘I don’t know.’”

I'm excited to hear the latest garbage nonsense about why this was OK and somehow justified. I wonder if the cop will face any punishment? actually no i don't he won't and everyone knows it

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 12:11 PM
Well, the cop said he didn't know why he did it. He was obviously overcome by the gun's malicious aura.

Tecmos Deception
07-21-2016, 12:26 PM
Hey poke, you got any news about the other dudes or are you just going to go on to the newest story now that more details about the previous ones didn't mesh with the initial media outcry?

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 12:32 PM
Hey poke, you got any news about the other dudes or are you just going to go on to the newest story now that more details about the previous ones didn't mesh with the initial media outcry?

I don't understand your question.

Will discussing past shootings help the cop know why he shot the black man who was lying on the ground with his hands up?

georgie
07-21-2016, 12:35 PM
spread the word

Tecmos Deception
07-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Oh, I understand now. At first I thought you were just being an idiot. I didn't realize you actually started this thread as constructive criticism for the cop in this incident.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 12:39 PM
Well, obviously no bueno if that's the whole story. Kinda weird position for them to have him assume. I mean how long can you honestly expect someone to hold their hands like that? Thought protocol was to have people face down with hands behind head.

Nihilist_santa
07-21-2016, 12:47 PM
Oh so the guy lived? Whats the fucking problem? Lunatics need to be handled with extreme prejudice they don't value their own life nor that of others when they are having a psychotic break. On top of that they become a massive drain on society.

Watched a vid yesterday of a nut on a bus who ended up taking about 7 rounds to the face at close range. He grabbed a fire extinguisher and was threatening people with it while ranting about crazy shit. Cop boards the bus with gun drawn after most people have fled and the man attempts to snatch the officers gun from her and another cop comes in and bam 7 rounds to the face from about 5 inches away. Problem solved. You cant expect someone unhinged to comply or act reasonable so best not to give them a chance to hurt someone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgsu08O9XX0

People are actually bitching saying this was the cops fault.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 12:50 PM
The story suggests that the man who was shot was a caretaker attempting to help the crazy person, not the crazy person.

Tecmos Deception
07-21-2016, 12:51 PM
Very unfortunate if this was really an unarmed dude getting shot by mistake or otherwise. But what is that, really? Just a guy in charge of the lives of others (the cop, with a gun) making a mistake, most likely. Finger on trigger unintentionally, against training, etc.

Ya know what's very similar? A home for a severely autistic dude being responsible for his life and making a mistake that causes him to get outside and sit in a street to play with a toy. But nobody is pushing a political agenda that includes reforming group home practices, cause that doesn't get people worked up like complaining about cops and/or guns does.

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 12:53 PM
Oh so the guy lived? Whats the fucking problem? Lunatics need to be handled with extreme prejudice they don't value their own life nor that of others when they are having a psychotic break. On top of that they become a massive drain on society.

Watched a vid yesterday of a nut on a bus who ended up taking about 7 rounds to the face at close range. He grabbed a fire extinguisher and was threatening people with it while ranting about crazy shit. Cop boards the bus with gun drawn after most people have fled and the man attempts to snatch the officers gun from her and another cop comes in and bam 7 rounds to the face from about 5 inches away. Problem solved. You cant expect someone unhinged to comply or act reasonable so best not to give them a chance to hurt someone.

will this post help the cop in the OP understand why he fired his weapon? should i email it to him?

The story suggests that the man who was shot was a caretaker attempting to help the crazy person, not the crazy person.

for visibility

Nihilist_santa
07-21-2016, 12:54 PM
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. I had heard about this earlier but I had heard the man shot was threatening suicide. Who gives a shit though really. This could have just been an accidental discharge.

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 12:56 PM
Ah ok thanks for clearing that up. I had heard about this earlier but I had heard the man shot was threatening suicide. Who gives a shit though really. This could have just been an accidental discharge.

I'm excited to hear the latest garbage nonsense about why this was OK and somehow justified.

Nihilist_santa
07-21-2016, 12:57 PM
Its not justified but it has not been indicated to have malicious intent or to have been on purpose. You are jumping to conclusions. Cops have accidental discharges it happens when you're nervous and holding a gun. Thats why they have investigations instead of turning it over to a lynch mob.

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Its not justified but it has not been indicated to have malicious intent or to have been on purpose. You are jumping to conclusions. Cops have accidental discharges it happens when you're nervous and holding a gun. Thats why they have investigations instead of turning it over to a lynch mob.

what lynch mob where is the lynch mob

Nihilist_santa
07-21-2016, 01:02 PM
Its easy to armchari quarterback this shit but you have to experience it.

BLM activist fails use of force scenarios.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwQEKcKjASw

Alarti0001
07-21-2016, 01:03 PM

Sounds like Santa has had to explain away his premature discharges previously.

Ahldagor
07-21-2016, 01:04 PM
Blm has no bearing in this incident. Cop's an idiot that can't take the heat of the job.

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 01:05 PM
Blm has no bearing in this incident. Cop's an idiot that can't take the heat of the job.

why not?

Nihilist_santa
07-21-2016, 01:06 PM

BLM the movement does not but they act as critics but when put in the same scenarios they do no better than the police they criticize and actually do worse. This was an accidental discharge. Prove otherwise or BTFO.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 01:06 PM
Have to agree if it was an accidental discharge, I don't care much, just as I wouldn't if the victim were white or yellow or the popular Florida/Cali orange ^^ The officer should be placed under preview and given additional training, because accidentally shooting someone can result in much worse outcomes. If it turns out to be intentional, shitcan and prosecute.

What do you think should be done, Pokes ?

Alarti0001
07-21-2016, 01:07 PM
BLM the movement does not but they act as critics but when put in the same scenarios they do no better than the police they criticize and actually do worse. This was an accidental discharge. Prove otherwise or BTFO.

You are making the claim moron. Again you don't understand basic logic. Prove it was accidental discharge.

Nihilist_santa
07-21-2016, 01:10 PM
You are making the claim moron. Again you don't understand basic logic. Prove it was accidental discharge.

Any luck with those papers?

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 01:10 PM
Have to agree if it was an accidental discharge, I don't care much, just as I wouldn't if the victim were white or yellow or the popular Florida/Cali orange ^^ The officer should be placed under preview and given additional training, because accidentally shooting someone can result in much worse outcomes. If it turns out to be intentional, shitcan and prosecute.

What do you think should be done, Pokes ?

he shot three times btw

and i haven't really formed an opinion on consequences yet - it's such a bizarre situation I can't help but laugh

Alarti0001
07-21-2016, 01:12 PM
Any luck with those papers?

You?

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 01:15 PM
You?

i wouldn't worry too much about NS - he's shown himself, in this very thread, to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. only a disgusting caricature of a human being could defend the actions of the cop in this story.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 01:15 PM
he shot three times btw

and i haven't really formed an opinion on consequences yet - it's such a bizarre situation I can't help but laugh

Well based on that information the guy is either horibbly inept or malicious or both. Not sure what to think.

More info please!

Alarti0001
07-21-2016, 01:18 PM
i wouldn't worry too much about NS - he's shown himself, in this very thread, to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. only a disgusting caricature of a human being could defend the actions of the cop in this story.

It's entertaining to me to watch him switch topics and try to squirm every time he can't answer a question though!

Alarti0001
07-21-2016, 01:19 PM
Well based on that information the guy is either horibbly inept or malicious or both. Not sure what to think.

More info please!

Multiple other variables. Racial training could cause him to see a black person as a threat.
Ineffective stress training could have caused him to panic. Ineffective police force response can cause this too. This is the issue, cops are too quick to draw their weapons.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 01:20 PM
only a disgusting caricature of a human being could defend the actions of the cop in this story.

Well now that's not right, he could be horribly inept as I pointed out. Of course I don't have an unfavorable view of police though, most of my interactions have been fairly benign even if most I have encountered were assholes. Then again, I was violating the law, so that is to be expected I suppose. /shrugs.

Sage Truthbearer
07-21-2016, 01:22 PM
The victim presented absolutely no threat that would justify the use of lethal force. At best, the officer is incompetent, a coward, and unfit for duty. At worst, he's a trigger happy psycho who just wanted to shoot something. Regardless of intentions however, he committed a crime by firing his weapon and he should be held accountable.

Lojik
07-21-2016, 01:26 PM
Heard reports victim had started casting ice comet and cop was trying to interrupt. Since duck casting is still a thing on red he could have stood up at any second and finished the spell. Please nerf duck casting.

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 01:28 PM
Well now that's not right, he could be horribly inept as I pointed out. Of course I don't have an unfavorable view of police though, most of my interactions have been fairly benign even if most I have encountered were assholes. Then again, I was violating the law, so that is to be expected I suppose. /shrugs.

from the article

Cuevas stated the officer fired his weapon three times after Kinsey’s patient was unable to comply with police orders, hitting Kinsey once in the leg.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 01:38 PM
The victim presented absolutely no threat that would justify the use of lethal force. At best, the officer is incompetent, a coward, and unfit for duty. At worst, he's a trigger happy psycho who just wanted to shoot something. Regardless of intentions, however, he committed a crime by firing his weapon and he should be held accountable.

Based on what we know, I agree with all of this except the nasty name calling if he made a mistake and of course the last assertion, due to simple ignorance (on my part). What law has he violated as an officer?

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 01:42 PM
from the article

Well now that sounds like Kinsey was just caught in crossfire as the police were trying to put down the crazy. I was just going off your excerpt which made it sound like they shot 3 times at Kinsey. I'll go read the article ^^

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 01:45 PM
Well now that sounds like Kinsey was just caught in crossfire as the police were trying to put down the crazy. I was just going off your excerpt which made it sound like they shot 3 times at Kinsey. I'll go read the article ^^

by 'the crazy' do you mean the autistic fellow playing with a toy truck?

Alarti0001
Based on what we know, I agree with all of this except the nasty name calling if he made a mistake and of course the last assertion, due to simple ignorance (on my part). What law has he violated as an officer?

Laws... hmm excessive use of force? Shooting a person without cause?

Alarti0001

He was obviously a hostile ISIS assailant.

Sage Truthbearer
07-21-2016, 01:52 PM
What law has he violated as an officer?

Following an investigation, the guy can be charged by a DA with whatever the DA sees fit.

At the very least, he should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, vigorously prosecuted, and sentenced to real time.

If it was a "mistake" as you claim, I imagine that the charge will be criminal negligence.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 01:56 PM
Following an investigation, the guy can be charged by a DA with whatever the DA sees fit.

At the very least, he should be charged with assault with a deadly weapon, vigorously prosecuted, and sentenced to real time.

If it was a "mistake" as you claim, I imagine that the charge will be criminal negligence.

I haven't claimed anything yet. Keeping an open mind until all the facts are in ^^

Baler
07-21-2016, 01:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZjAantupsA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q-k-uN73Gk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EWKphU0c5Q

Wave your hands in the air like you don't care
http://i.imgur.com/mMb7jv8.gif
Got to realize that you're acting like fools

(I do feel bad for the guy who got shot. The cop should be sent to trial for cruel and unusual punishment aswell as assaulting an unarmed citizen. If everything in that 'news' article is true.
That wont happen though because we all know what happens to cops in real jail.
It didn't make the man who was shot sound like a gang banger who was giving the cop attitude or making janky movements. Just a guy who was told to lay on his back with his hands in the air. For a period of time that was far too long.
This is often a tactic used in shock camps where a person or group is forced to hold something over their head for a long time. Not something a free citizen should be doing.)

Raev
07-21-2016, 02:10 PM
BLACK MAN SHOT BY POLICE WHILE LYING ON GROUND WITH HANDS UP

I'm excited to hear the latest garbage nonsense about why this was OK and somehow justified. I wonder if the cop will face any punishment?

Fortunately no one was killed or permanently injured, so the police officer should simply be fired. Santa's video is a great example of how these situations can be damn tough, but this one seems like a relative softball. With one of the men already complying, the police officer could have taken cover, called for backup, and proceeded cautiously. Instead he panicked and sent an innocent man to the hospital. I suspect he feels terrible about the whole business, but, to quote Dalton, he doesn't have the temperament for the trade.

The real villains here are the people stirring up race hatred with misleading headlines. The police officer was shooting at the autist (no doubt an avid tracker with multiple vulak loots) who was holding what he thought was a gun, not the caretaker on the ground. Since he was shot by accident, his race is irrelevant, and there is an 80% chance that the shooter is Hispanic or Black (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Police_Department). Instead the average Liberal will read this article, apply confirmation bias, and incorrectly increase his confidence in the 'racist police are out to kill black people' narrative.

Jarnauga
07-21-2016, 03:03 PM
why did they even have their weapons out ? i don't know the us police process in that kind of situation, but it doesn't seem like there was any threat that would require the use of any weapons..

i guess there's gonna be an investigation, wait for the conclusions before shouting fool.

Hoping the investigation is not gonna be:

Judge "why did you shoot him ?"
Police guy "i felt threatened"
Judge "ok you're out"

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 03:07 PM
why did they even have their weapons out ? i don't know the us police process in that kind of situation, but it doesn't seem like there was any threat that would require the use of any weapons..

i guess there's gonna be an investigation, wait for the conclusions before shouting fool.

Judge "ok you're out"

Good post! ^^

Tecmos Deception
07-21-2016, 03:28 PM
They were responding to a call saying there was a gun, right? Then they get there and hear someone saying "dudes crazy autistic!!!!!" and, quite possibly not seeing the difference between a small toy truck and a gun from an unknown distance (thanks article, very thorough write-up... lol)... they had guns out.

Good police work? Maybe not. But it's not exactly a stretch that it could played out this way. Only goes really bad when the cops end up shooting when it does seem likely it wasnt necessary.

But again, we don't know the whole story and we aren't cops and we don't know a a lot of shit that probably contributed here. Which is why anyone who is getting fired up and making big conclusions here is dumb.

Alarti0001
07-21-2016, 03:31 PM

Judge "ok you're out"

It's going that route. https://twitter.com/ChuckRabin/status/756205074548924417

Sage Truthbearer
07-21-2016, 04:21 PM
It's going that route. https://twitter.com/ChuckRabin/status/756205074548924417

So his defense is "Not only am I incapable of identifying an actual threat or controlling my fire but I can't hit a stationary target with a rifle." Really happy this guy gets to carry a lethal weapon to work.

Thulack
07-21-2016, 04:30 PM

Any cop that happens to should not be a cop then.

Cecily
07-21-2016, 04:43 PM
So his defense is "Not only am I incapable of identifying an actual threat or controlling my fire but I can't hit a stationary target with a rifle." Really happy this guy gets to carry a lethal weapon to work.

Was it an assault rifle? Because 3x burst accidental discharge makes sense in that case. The missed shots and unintentional target hit also makes sense then.

Saludeen
07-21-2016, 05:09 PM

Just remember that the craziest people you meet on the internet are potential police officers, and why the argument of "only the feds should have guns" is null.

Tecmos Deception
07-21-2016, 05:19 PM
Any cop that happens to should not be a cop then.

Just like anyone who ever does anything wrong at their chosen job shouldn't have their chosen job, am I right? :rolleyes: I mean, this whole thing only happened because a home in charge of a guy with (apparently) very severe autism let the patient escape. Fire the whole fucking staff of that place for making a mistake that could have gotten someone in their care killed.

But yeah, I do tend to agree with you. If it was an accidental discharge it was probably because he had his finger on the trigger when he shouldn't have. Supposed to keep your finger out of the trigger guard unless you are willing to destroy what you are aiming at (and what's beyond it)... contrary to what half of the actors you see in movies do.

AzzarTheGod
07-21-2016, 05:41 PM

Notice how the male cop knows what we all know? Same as how prison knows that racial integration doesn't work? The truth lies between the cracks in the space between. This is a good video of that.

Gender differences. He sends her away from the scene ASAP because shes a danger to herself and others due to lack of control of her weapon, and lack of ability to do her job after almost getting him killed (she lost her gun)

"GO GO GO" pushing female officer off the bus, taking control of the scene.

YIKES. Feminists whats up now?

AzzarTheGod
07-21-2016, 05:45 PM
partner pushing his on-duty responding officer off of the bus because she's completely out of fucking control.

cringe.

big_ole_jpn
07-21-2016, 05:51 PM
that panicked discharge in the bus driver's direction after he grabs the gun...cringe

guess it's possible he somehow pulled the trigger for her, but I doubt it

AzzarTheGod
07-21-2016, 05:56 PM
definitely didn't pull the trigger for her. not at that orientation.

pushing a female officer off the bus is considered part of securing the scene apparently....double cringe.

Daywolf
07-21-2016, 05:58 PM
I'm excited to hear the latest garbage nonsense about why this was OK and somehow justified. I wonder if the cop will face any punishment? actually no i don't he won't and everyone knows it
Well I'm fascinated and eager to hear the latest knee-jerk reaction out of you (not really :rolleyes: ).

btw you left out:
"Assistant Police Chief Neil Cuevas said the police department turned the investigation over to the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. Cuevas stated the officer fired his weapon three times after Kinsey’s patient was unable to comply with police orders, hitting Kinsey once in the leg. Cuevas said he does not yet know who the officer who shot Kinsey is. "

Well from that, it doesn't sound like he was actually aiming at Kinsey, but I'm interested in what the investigation reveals. In any case, he's suspended and there is an investigation going. Not much here about the patient, really this article leaves a ton of room for the imagination.

qft
i wouldn't worry too much about NS - he's shown himself, in this very thread, to be contrary for the sake of being contrary. only a disgusting caricature of a human being could defend the actions of the cop in this story.oh there it is. You're off your troll game lately, you are rapidly becoming less entertaining.

big_ole_jpn
07-21-2016, 05:59 PM
look at the way she totally disengages and turns to look at partner and shriek, letting him yank her to the ground by the arm while waiting for her white knight

major league cringe

AzzarTheGod
07-21-2016, 06:05 PM
I haven't claimed anything yet. Keeping an open mind until all the facts are in ^^

You just got chin-checked.

Earlier ITT:

I felt that burn pokesan all the way over in RNF. That's hot.

Pokesan
07-21-2016, 06:12 PM
Well I'm fascinated and eager to hear the latest knee-jerk reaction out of you (not really :rolleyes: ).

btw you left out:
"Assistant Police Chief Neil Cuevas said the police department turned the investigation over to the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office. Cuevas stated the officer fired his weapon three times after Kinsey’s patient was unable to comply with police orders, hitting Kinsey once in the leg. Cuevas said he does not yet know who the officer who shot Kinsey is. "

Well from that, it doesn't sound like he was actually aiming at Kinsey, but I'm interested in what the investigation reveals. In any case, he's suspended and there is an investigation going. Not much here about the patient, really this article leaves a ton of room for the imagination.

qft
oh there it is. You're off your troll game lately, you are rapidly becoming less entertaining.

unreadable trash

Daywolf
07-21-2016, 06:15 PM

Earlier ITT:

I felt that burn pokesan all the way over in RNF. That's hot.
No, thats exactly what the unposted part of the article sounds like. This is why I keep my off-site quotes to a paragraph, then link it, to be fair to my fellow forum pssters here in that maybe they read the whole article and use their clever brains to form an opinion, or at least try.

lolz at poke trying to herd cats.

unreadable trash
and he's still at it. You have a low opinion of people here.

maskedmelon
07-21-2016, 06:29 PM

Earlier ITT:

Nah ~.^

AzzarTheGod
07-21-2016, 06:46 PM
Nah ~.^

Mainstream media reporting runs the same game.

You are in good company at least.

Jarnauga
07-21-2016, 10:39 PM
the cop dindu nothin

Daywolf
07-21-2016, 10:47 PM
the cop dindu nothin
Do you even have police where you're from? Isn't it like nearest thing to cops are of the epidemic of modern day slave traders there?

AenorVZ
07-21-2016, 10:58 PM
Oh so the guy lived? Whats the fucking problem?

Literally the dumbest post and poster I've ever seen on these boards.

fash
07-21-2016, 11:08 PM
hahahahahhahaha

drugs

fash
07-21-2016, 11:18 PM
Take Back the Streets: Crush Criminals. Cops must be unleashed, and allowed to administer instant punishment, subject of course to liability when they are in error. --(((Rothbard)))

Unleash the cops, but give them body cams and public trials for shootings.

Jarnauga
07-21-2016, 11:59 PM
Do you even have police where you're from? Isn't it like nearest thing to cops are of the epidemic of modern day slave traders there?

the word police comes from Middle French police ('public order, administration, government'), in turn from Latin politia

you just reminded me the genius that once said "there's not even a french word for entrepreneur !"

Ahldagor
07-22-2016, 12:11 AM
all the way to the greek polis

Nihilist_santa
07-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Take Back the Streets: Crush Criminals. Cops must be unleashed, and allowed to administer instant punishment, subject of course to liability when they are in error. --(((Rothbard)))

Unleash the cops, but give them body cams and public trials for shootings.

http://i.imgur.com/4Qj8PIm.jpg

Murray was hardcore but he had the right idea. Hard to believe he was descended from (((merchants))).

Nihilist_santa
07-22-2016, 12:20 AM
Literally the dumbest post and poster I've ever seen on these boards.

The above poster does not support Americanism.

Tecmos Deception
07-22-2016, 05:18 PM
Holy shit. I just saw for the first time that the cop who hit Kinsey was firing a LONG GUN from ~50 yards. And based on the pics we've seen of kinsey on the ground hands up, it looks like he missed by multiple feet?

Hope for his sake that his gun wasn't sighted in properly. Cause how the fuck?

AzzarTheGod
07-22-2016, 05:21 PM
Holy shit. I just saw for the first time that the cop who hit Kinsey was firing a LONG GUN from ~50 yards. And based on the pics we've seen of kinsey on the ground hands up, it looks like he missed by multiple feet?

If I was that cops big brother I'd take the long gun out his hand and beat his bitch ass over the head with it.

3 shots too.

maskedmelon
07-22-2016, 05:25 PM

Is that bad ?

AzzarTheGod
07-22-2016, 05:28 PM
Is that bad ?

Yes that is why I would inject more violence into the situation and beat the cop very badly with the rifle he used-- for missing.

Tecmos Deception
07-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Is that bad ?

50 yards is a pretty long ways to shoot accurately with a pistol. Cops are trained to do it though, and it's possible to be accurate enough to hit a human target even further away.

But a rifle is like 10x more accurate than a pistol. You have more contact points with the gun, helping to stabilize it. You have a longer "sight radius" meaning you can line up your eye with the sights (or scope) with the target more easily. The recoil is probably easier to handle for more accurate follow-up shots. And more.

Anyone who shoots rifles should be ashamed of missing by feet at 50 yards (or so). A trained cop (apparently also on their swat team) should be shooting apples off of heads at that distance without fail.

Obviously the situation wasn't quite like target practice at the range, but it really sounds like the only way out of getting fired (or worse) for the guy is if his equipment was defective.

AzzarTheGod
07-22-2016, 06:29 PM
Not a single cell-phone video of any shots being fired, or the actual shooting.

Not 1 single shot is available on any of the cell-phone video released to the public, and the viral video captures only a statement from the victim and something about autism and disability.

Very unusual. The raw cell-phone video not being readily available first of all, and then not capturing a single shot during a tense moment is extremely uncommon.

Color me skeptical now. "Sir why did you bullshit me?"

maskedmelon
07-22-2016, 06:30 PM
50 yards is a pretty long ways to shoot accurately with a pistol. Cops are trained to do it though, and it's possible to be accurate enough to hit a human target even further away.

But a rifle is like 10x more accurate than a pistol. You have more contact points with the gun, helping to stabilize it. You have a longer "sight radius" meaning you can line up your eye with the sights (or scope) with the target more easily. The recoil is probably easier to handle for more accurate follow-up shots. And more.

Anyone who shoots rifles should be ashamed of missing by feet at 50 yards (or so). A trained cop (apparently also on their swat team) should be shooting apples off of heads at that distance without fail.

Obviously the situation wasn't quite like target practice at the range, but it really sounds like the only way out of getting fired (or worse) for the guy is if his equipment was defective.

Hmmm, so pretty bad then. Maybe even horribly incompetent?

AzzarTheGod
07-22-2016, 06:32 PM
Maybe even horribly bullshit.

Everyone be sure to let us know if you find anything.

Nihilist_santa
07-22-2016, 06:44 PM
Maybe even horribly bullshit.

Everyone be sure to let us know if you find anything.

http://i.imgur.com/J5wxRy7.gif

Daywolf
07-22-2016, 06:56 PM
The furthest I've shot was 300yds on a 7.62×39mm thru iron-sight. First shot is the hardest, but from there on it's a pretty easy grouping if taking your time. 50yds... whatever caliber he was shooting, and not being a sniper rifle w/ scope, I could see it slightly possible at least for the first round going pretty stray. If he was squeezing off the trigger fervently, and under stress, than the likelihood of a later round going stray is probably pretty high, even at 50yds with a rifle. Not an excuse, just an observation. I'm wondering which round hit him.

phacemeltar
07-23-2016, 05:19 AM
they should install AI on guns so that when u pull the trigger the gun decides if its gona shoot or not.. or fuck that, just take off the trigger altogether and the AI makes the decision when you point the gun at the person