PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Maniacal Strength Buff Icon Typo

Victorio
07-17-2016, 02:47 PM
Buff icon should say Maniacal Strength, per the spell, but it says Manicial Strength instead

Zaela
07-17-2016, 04:00 PM
It's a classic (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=156836&highlight=Manicial), and therefore intended (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182096&highlight=Manicial), typo.

Crashking
07-18-2016, 07:46 PM
I can't help but laugh. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, if it was correct on live.. even if it took forever and we know its wrong - why not fix it like it should have been done. I can see the idea of providing a classic experience but does something like this really contribute. I would think the classic experience is more based on mobs/gear/quests available and not stupid typos or spelling mistakes.

wwoneo
07-18-2016, 07:57 PM
I can't help but laugh. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, if it was correct on live.. even if it took forever and we know its wrong - why not fix it like it should have been done. I can see the idea of providing a classic experience but does something like this really contribute. I would think the classic experience is more based on mobs/gear/quests available and not stupid typos or spelling mistakes.

If this is the case, and there is no value-added. Why bother changing it then? Doesn't really matter. Just extra work for the Devs and I would prefer them working on more important stuff.

Ele
07-18-2016, 09:13 PM
Stay away from my immersive classic typos. We've worked very hard to source the original typos and implement them in game.

Crashking
07-19-2016, 04:13 AM
If this is the case, and there is no value-added. Why bother changing it then? Doesn't really matter. Just extra work for the Devs and I would prefer them working on more important stuff.

I'm not sure what important thing you think the devs should be working on.. but last I checked they have implemented all the current content they are planning on releasing. Bugs are the only thing that comes to mind, and a small fix to a typo takes um yeah a century to correct (/sarcastic face). Overall, I really could careless as I probably would have just overlooked it. In the end, lets be honest, there is being strictly true and then there is a proximity of creation and by reading the forums here I think there is some leaning towards the later.

Victorio
07-19-2016, 01:21 PM
It annoys the ocd players

Thulack
07-19-2016, 05:07 PM

It was actually right and got changed to the wrong spelling on purpose :) Your thinking is opposite of the box :P