PDA

View Full Version : Q: Dmg Calculations?

Darguth
07-17-2016, 09:07 AM
Couple of damage related questions because the Wiki is unclear or missing, in case anyone should know.

1.) How does 2H weapon damage calculations differ on P99 than single-handed weapons? Both for mainhand dmg bonus and any other differences?

2.) When determining a comparative dmg calculation (i.e. assuming all things being equal except the weapons) for dual wielding vs. 2H would you just add together the damage bonuses of the two dual-wielded weapons or something else to determine their output?

Darguth
07-17-2016, 09:38 AM
My new ranger just hit 18 and trying to figure out if I should keep with 2H or start dual-wielding once I hit 20. Don't have tons of money to throw around so I'm thinking a Springwood Stave upgrade over my Silver Swiftblade is the best option, but I want to verify that compared to some comparable 1H choices.

Jimjam
07-17-2016, 09:59 PM
I can't help you too much on your question, but in my experience it seems duel wield isn't very good until your melee skills reach around 150.

You'll be fine to rock your Silver Swiftblade to 30. At this point it may be considering swapping out to a better weapon as the DMG cap is lifted (or swapping to duel wield if you like that look).

I wouldn't worry about trying to calculate a few % difference in efficiency. Parsing will probably be the best way to see what is best.

Darguth
07-18-2016, 09:05 AM
I can't help you too much on your question, but in my experience it seems duel wield isn't very good until your melee skills reach around 150.

You'll be fine to rock your Silver Swiftblade to 30. At this point it may be considering swapping out to a better weapon as the DMG cap is lifted (or swapping to duel wield if you like that look).

I wouldn't worry about trying to calculate a few % difference in efficiency. Parsing will probably be the best way to see what is best.

Hrm, are there any reasonably priced 1H upgrades to consider around lv. 30 over the Swiftblade or would anything that doesn't cost an arm and a leg be mostly a side-grade?

I was thinking of the Springwood Stave not so much because of the slightly better ratio but because the longer delay would allow spellweaving to be a bit easier. The Swiftblade is rather...swift, for such things. :) And if I can buy it and sell the blade off it might be only 100pp or so difference, but since I'm new and little cash on hand, maybe better to upgrade some jewelry or armor slots instead.