PDA

View Full Version : We Are Not Alone - Life on Mars Confirmed

maskedmelon
07-16-2016, 06:31 PM
I don't even have words for this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3687211/The-alien-skeleton-Mars-Latest-bizarre-claim-says-Curiosity-rover-captured-image-remains-Martian-king.html

Going to go meditate for a bit.

AzzarTheGod
07-16-2016, 06:34 PM
didn't click

Daywolf
07-16-2016, 06:59 PM
king or warrior? Prolly just an early astronaut when the people of Earth were more advanced thousands of years ago. I don't rule out the possibility that mankind was rather advanced once (or some were) but a catastrophe wiped most everything out. If this were the case, and they could of at least gotten into orbit, Mars does pass fairly close to Earth, and in some ancient accounts it passed very close to earth as in seeing detail of it with the naked eye.

Izmael
07-16-2016, 07:00 PM
I clicked. Something looking remotely like a skeleton apparently spotted on Mars. As much as I'd love it to be true, the "bones" look really thin and would break under the weight of the body .. but wait.. *googles Mars gravity*, oh look, it's only 0.38 of what it is on Earth.

Guess it could be true then. Looks like a sarnak skeleton maybe.

Trollhide
07-17-2016, 01:32 AM
Came to thread expecting David Bowie, left sorely disappointed

2/10

Hailto
07-17-2016, 04:46 AM
Lol, posting a daily mail article as evidence of life on another planet. Cmon son, I know you're a neo-con but i expect more still.

R Flair
07-17-2016, 07:16 AM
so fake.

DoucLangur
07-17-2016, 07:52 AM
I seem to be the only one here trolled into expecting a potential discovery of an active source of bio-signatures, hinting at the existence of nearby/sub-surface lichen or microbes...

But I forgot that Ufologists etc are just too stupid to grasp the concept of alien life being anything other than conscious beings with technology.

Daywolf
07-17-2016, 09:00 AM
Here's something to chew on:

They [the Laputians] have likewise discovered two lesser stars, or satellites, which revolve about Mars, whereof the innermost is distant from the center of the primary planet exactly three of its diameters, and the outermost five; the former revolves in the space of ten hours, and the latter in twenty-one and a half; so that the squares of their periodical times are very near the same proportion with the cubes of their distance from the center of Mars, which evidently shows them to be governed by the same law of gravitation that influences the other heavenly bodies.

This written by Swift 150 years before the moons official modern discovery. His accuracy? Two moons that are:
Phobos’ orbital period of 7.6 hours, Swift recorded 10 hours.
Deimos’ orbital period of 30.2 hours, Swift recorded 21.5 hours.

That's too accurate to just be a coincidence, where did he get that from?
Maybe even accurate enough to have once been in those orbits long ago.
Written here in 1726.

DoucLangur
07-17-2016, 09:02 AM

They [the Laputians] have likewise discovered two lesser stars, [..]
Written here in 1726.

Hey - you're on to something here. You should go on Oprah!

Daywolf
07-17-2016, 09:41 AM
Hey - you're on to something here. You should go on Oprah!Oh! I thought you were going to mention something like Shemsu Hor (Disciples of Horus), but rather brought us Oprah. m'kay >.>

Ahldagor
07-17-2016, 12:36 PM

They [the Laputians] have likewise discovered two lesser stars, or satellites, which revolve about Mars, whereof the innermost is distant from the center of the primary planet exactly three of its diameters, and the outermost five; the former revolves in the space of ten hours, and the latter in twenty-one and a half; so that the squares of their periodical times are very near the same proportion with the cubes of their distance from the center of Mars, which evidently shows them to be governed by the same law of gravitation that influences the other heavenly bodies.

This written by Swift 150 years before the moons official modern discovery. His accuracy? Two moons that are:

Written here in 1726.

You do realize that humans had been recognizing patterns sans light pollution and with telescopes for about 400 years prior to 1726, right?

AzzarTheGod
07-17-2016, 04:55 PM

Written here in 1726.

How about you answer your own question.

Where do you think he got it from?

Ahldagor
07-17-2016, 06:15 PM
Also, Gullivers Travels is a work of fiction.

Hasbinbad
07-17-2016, 10:54 PM
You do realize that humans had been recognizing patterns sans light pollution and with telescopes for about 4000 years prior to 1726, right?
ftfy

Daywolf
07-17-2016, 11:21 PM
You do realize that humans had been recognizing patterns sans light pollution and with telescopes for about 400 years prior to 1726, right?
Really? Have a reference link to that? So like 1300?

The earliest known working telescopes (https://www.google.com/search?q=history+of+the+telescope) appeared in 1608 and are credited to Hans Lippershey. Among many others who claimed to have made the discovery were Zacharias Janssen, a spectacle-maker in Middelburg, and Jacob Metius of Alkmaar.

The moons of Mars are Phobos and Deimos. Both moons were discovered in 1877 (https://www.google.com/search?q=discovery+of+phobos+and+deimos) by Asaph Hall and are named after the characters Phobos (panic/fear) and Deimos (terror/dread) who, in Greek mythology, accompanied their father Ares, god of war, into battle.

Also, Gullivers Travels is a work of fiction.
Sure was, but how does that make Jonathan Swift a work of fiction? I mean he wrote it, was the author, was he just a fictional character writing a fictional book in that he was unable to use real-world source material for his inspiration? That would just make himself a fictional character if he was unable to function outside of a fictional setting and unable to inject possible truth into his writings.

This is actually considered deeply fascinating to some, often enthusiasts of literary works and those of astronomy. Mars, the most interesting and mysterious planet in our solar system.

Pokesan
07-17-2016, 11:31 PM
Both moons were discovered in 1877[/URL] by Asaph Hall and are named after the characters Phobos (panic/fear) and Deimos (terror/dread)

holy shit plane of fear is Mars

IVE BEEN TO MARS ONLINE!!

Daywolf
07-18-2016, 01:46 AM
How about you answer your own question.

Where do you think he got it from?
"itsa TRAP!!" :D

You have, I'm sure, already caught onto that I believe there are secret societies. But not just Bilderbergs etc. which are completely in the open, but actual secret-secret societies. I'm not naming any specifically, they seem so secret that they mostly reside in the realm of lore. But for example, the Knights Templars of which I know you are aware of, which seemingly vanished into history upon that famous and original meaning of Friday the 13'th. Not only is it accounted to them to have taken great treasures along, but also recorded knowledge of the past.

In fact would it not be possible that many such historical manuscripts have vanished from public eye, at least from among those that were not purged during episodes of human history, which are many and great, and yet remain in secret archives to some extent?

It seems truer than not, that our history, the major portion of it, has been removed from public knowledge. I mean even in some cases from modern archives, in that some knew of these writings, but of course no Internet to circulate this knowledge as we have today in which we take for granted and fun trollings hehe.

Maybe not only did we once know of Mars in such detail, even recorded somewhere in that Swift gained access to the accounts, but could we have even at one point in history managed to send ancient astronauts there?

It's as simple as that really, no suspicious angle. You could say absolutely not, but you don't know, nor do I (well guessing you don't know). My opinion, no Humanity and civilization doesn't go back a million years or whatever, as some believe. But I do find it very possible that the human race, actually fairly recently, was quite advanced to the point of great technologies, then something happened. Ever see that Babylon 5 episode The Deconstruction of Falling Stars (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Deconstruction_of_Falling_Stars)? Just adding it here for a muse, as something with similarity if not symmetry for Zathras sake hehe

maskedmelon
07-18-2016, 09:43 AM
I don't rule out the possibility that mankind was rather advanced once (or some were) but a catastrophe wiped most everything out.

Neither do I ^^

Considering man has lived in his current form on this moldy rock for about 200,000 years and the progress he has made in the last few thousand years, (or even just the last 100!) along with his destructive capacity and the volatility of his habitat, it is entirely reasonable to believe he may have been as successful or more so in the past.

Ahldagor
07-18-2016, 11:49 AM
Swift was real, yes, but his existence doesn't lend credence to any truth in his work of fiction that is high in satire which was his specialty. Have you read A Modest Proposal?