PDA

View Full Version : The worlds on fire, what are your fav summer foods?

Daywolf
07-16-2016, 12:37 AM
Dallas, The French Riviera, Turkey, Baghdad (twice), Bangladesh, Hawija Iraq, Al-Hasakah Syria, Um al-Housh Syria, Aden Yemen, Balad Iraq, Aleppo Syria, Mogadishu Somalia, it's been a really busy July (just half over) for mass murderers. Which raises the question, what are some good summer foods up here in the northern hemisphere that you enjoy?

Personally, the best during summer imo is a good roast beef sandwich sub style. Like roast beef, green bell peppers, mustered greens or a spring mix, tomato, black olive with ranch dressing and horseradish. Wash down with peach tea. Maybe some sun chips on the side.

Other favs are pizza (year round of course), sushi, baked chicken, south-western chili and broiled fish (wild game). Friday is pizza and beer night (still on first beer), and do I feel stuffed.

ts;dr: wut u like et n suumrr? :)

Pokesan
07-16-2016, 12:43 AM
you should try eating a dick

Daywolf
07-16-2016, 01:03 AM
you should try eating a dick
Hey, you 1 starred my safe space thread, please read the ts;dr, maaan. :p
Dick don't even qualify for a decent food fight :/

http://i.imgur.com/YSS7ytb.gif

maskedmelon
07-16-2016, 10:51 AM
Tomato Sandwich, Somen, Fried chicken, Fresh Spring Rolls, Pickles, Ice Cream, Ceylon Milk Tea, Maccha Latte, Potato Salad, Sweet Breads, Cantaloupe, cereal with dried berries & nuts, iced coffee, sushi rolls, kettle chips (must be supper crunchy)

Thulack
07-16-2016, 10:56 AM
Tomato Sandwich, Somen, Fried chicken, Fresh Spring Rolls, Pickles, Ice Cream, Ceylon Milk Tea, Maccha Latte, Potato Salad, Sweet Breads, Cantaloupe, cereal with dried berries & nuts, iced coffee, sushi rolls, kettle chips (must be supper crunchy)

Nothing like a good Jersey Tomato sandwich. Some white bread slice of cheese, mayo(fuck some miracle whip shit), salt and pepper and a half a tomato sliced and layered on. Lived off of those during my teens. Also i like to make a "salad" out of sliced cucumbers,onions,tomato with a little mayo and mix it together. Throw that in with a baked potato, corn on the cob and steak off the grill and thats a great summer dinner.

maskedmelon
07-16-2016, 11:02 AM
Nothing like a good Jersey Tomato sandwich. Some white bread slice of cheese, mayo(fuck some miracle whip shit), salt and pepper and a half a tomato sliced and layered on. Lived off of those during my teens. Also i like to make a "salad" out of sliced cucumbers,onions,tomato with a little mayo and mix it together. Throw that in with a baked potato, corn on the cob and steak off the grill and thats a great summer dinner.

Oh hey that sounds like a good salad. Will have to try that ^^ I never put cheese on tomato sandwich either! Maybe try that too...

sOurDieSel
07-16-2016, 12:02 PM
Chimpouts always happen in summer. Heat makes the monkeys restless. The cold winter weather and free gibsmedat temporarily pacifies them.

Pokesan
07-16-2016, 12:06 PM
Chimpouts always happen in summer. Heat makes the monkeys restless. The cold winter weather and free gibsmedat temporarily pacifies them.

really?

Gain
07-16-2016, 12:16 PM

Oh man do I miss when peaches are in season in Jersey. Miss the corn from Jersey too.

maskedmelon
07-16-2016, 12:17 PM
What's your favorite summer food Pokes?

Ahldagor
07-16-2016, 12:24 PM
Dallas, The French Riviera, Turkey, Baghdad (twice), Bangladesh, Hawija Iraq, Al-Hasakah Syria, Um al-Housh Syria, Aden Yemen, Balad Iraq, Aleppo Syria, Mogadishu Somalia, it's been a really busy July (just half over) for mass murderers. Which raises the question, what are some good summer foods up here in the northern hemisphere that you enjoy?

Personally, the best during summer imo is a good roast beef sandwich sub style. Like roast beef, green bell peppers, mustered greens or a spring mix, tomato, black olive with ranch dressing and horseradish. Wash down with peach tea. Maybe some sun chips on the side.

Other favs are pizza (year round of course), sushi, baked chicken, south-western chili and broiled fish (wild game). Friday is pizza and beer night (still on first beer), and do I feel stuffed.

ts;dr: wut u like et n suumrr? :)

That's a nice sounding sandwich. Chicken fajita tacos and a good pils for me.

Thulack
07-16-2016, 12:27 PM
Oh man do I miss when peaches are in season in Jersey. Miss the corn from Jersey too.

I live in Lancaster County PA now so i get amish corn which i think is better then Jersey but the tomatoes dont match Jersey tomatoes. Jersey peaches are the best though.

Lune
07-16-2016, 12:57 PM
Concentrated chilled coffee + chocolate whey protein + cup of milk + ice in blender keeps Lune going on hot summer days. Now if only I had some fucking opium

Llandris
07-16-2016, 02:28 PM
Nothing like a good Jersey Tomato sandwich. Some white bread slice of cheese, mayo(fuck some miracle whip shit), salt and pepper and a half a tomato sliced and layered on.

Where's the meat

maskedmelon
07-16-2016, 03:50 PM
Where's the meat

If you never had a tomato sandwhic, I HIGHLY recommend you try it. Very simple: bread, mayonaise,tomato

Pokesan
07-16-2016, 04:02 PM
If you never had a tomato sandwhic, I HIGHLY recommend you try it. Very simple: bread, mayonaise,tomato

I'm eating a tomato sandwich right now. It has bread, cheese, turkey, bacon, mayo, black pepper, mustard, pickles, hold the tomato.

Thulack
07-16-2016, 04:57 PM
Where's the meat

You dont need meat in a tomato sandwich.

Izmael
07-16-2016, 04:59 PM
Maggit pie and shrunken headcheez

Tecmos Deception
07-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Favorite summer food?

Beer. Followed closely by basically any meat that I can put on the table at a backyard BBQ after grilling it over charcoal.

barrettdc1
07-16-2016, 05:43 PM

that sounds like some poorfag shit. i eat a sandwich that is composed of bacon with two rib eyes as the bread.

Thulack
07-16-2016, 06:11 PM
do you work for manheim?

Nope. I go into Manheim and past the auction regularly though.

maskedmelon
07-16-2016, 06:36 PM
I'm eating a tomato sandwich right now. It has bread, cheese, turkey, bacon, mayo, black pepper, mustard, pickles, hold the tomato.

Well, that sounds like a great sandwich, but I suggest you try it my way. It may or may not be superior, but it is delicious! ^^

maskedmelon
07-16-2016, 06:37 PM
that sounds like some poorfag shit. i eat a sandwich that is composed of bacon with two rib eyes as the bread.

You don't know what you are missing. Could have the tomato sandwich as dessert.

Daywolf
07-16-2016, 08:54 PM
That's a nice sounding sandwich. Chicken fajita tacos and a good pils for me.
Yep, livin in the southwest, that's what we gots, everywhere year round. Mexican food and cowboy food, all good stuff. Fresh med salsa w/ tortilla strips and a light beer is excellent on a hot summer day. Shrimp tacos with lime and some tapatio hot sauce is another good one, Baja food. Also Opuntia cactus is looking really good this time of year, usually, depending on the spring rains (not much of that here). It tastes something like green beans.

Daywolf
07-16-2016, 09:19 PM
Yeah but doesn't a lot of bacon make you feel sluggish? Anything with heavy grease in summer, at least in hotter places - the record hottest place on Earth is about ~3hr drive from my house. It's a lot cooler so far this year though, I can usually cook an egg on the driveway about now.

Baler
07-16-2016, 09:34 PM
Watermelon, BBQ Chicken, Macaroni salads of multiple varieties.
Beer, Water, Lemonade.
summertime and the livin's easy (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSte_c82p6U)

barrettdc1
07-16-2016, 10:25 PM
Yeah but doesn't a lot of bacon make you feel sluggish? Anything with heavy grease in summer, at least in hotter places - the record hottest place on Earth is about ~3hr drive from my house. It's a lot cooler so far this year though, I can usually cook an egg on the driveway about now.

Yea, I was being an ass I actually don't eat bacon that often. I have a big steak in the fridge with some teriyaki marinade in a bag that I'll be throwing on the grill tomorrow. I usually just put some of this "steak seasoning" and call it a day but sometimes I'll make it in a marinade.

I live in FL and could easily cook eggs on the hood of my car, lol. It's ridiculously hot and muggy.

Ahldagor
07-16-2016, 11:19 PM
Yep, livin in the southwest, that's what we gots, everywhere year round. Mexican food and cowboy food, all good stuff. Fresh med salsa w/ tortilla strips and a light beer is excellent on a hot summer day. Shrimp tacos with lime and some tapatio hot sauce is another good one, Baja food. Also Opuntia cactus is looking really good this time of year, usually, depending on the spring rains (not much of that here). It tastes something like green beans.

Not big on cacti for texture reasons.

Gain
07-17-2016, 01:48 AM
I live in Lancaster County PA now so i get amish corn which i think is better then Jersey but the tomatoes dont match Jersey tomatoes. Jersey peaches are the best though.

Make sure you get yourself some Shoo fly pie. Love Amish food.