PDA

View Full Version : people can be so foul

phacemeltar
07-12-2016, 07:45 PM
i overheard a conversation between two human males. one was inquiring to the other about what is a good netflix series to binge because he had already finished everything he could find. is this a hobby that humans partake in nowadays? it seems as though the world is in serious turmoil, i find it strange that some humans can find the time to be so removed from the rest of their community? perhaps this is their escape from the impending doom..

Thulack
07-12-2016, 07:46 PM
How is asking for a series recommendation being "removed from their community"?

phacemeltar
07-12-2016, 07:49 PM
the list of shows he has already seen was really long with some series i the 7-10 seasons category

adding it up in my head makes me question how he sleeps

Lune
07-12-2016, 07:55 PM
the list of shows he has already seen was really long with some series i the 7-10 seasons category

adding it up in my head makes me question how he sleeps

I watch about 45 mins to 1 hour of netflix before bed every night as I drift off to sleep. Stretch that out over 5 years and I've seen some shit.

Also if you play Everquest chances are you've done some binging yourself.

Daywolf
07-13-2016, 08:22 AM
a good netflix series to binge because he had already finished everything he could find.
I don't think that's possible. Most of netflix is just a countless amount of tv series. There is no finding anything there, other than finding yourself getting lost.

I've just been watching repeats the past few months. Last month was LOST, the month before was Farscape. I'm looking forward to the new season of Marco Polo, which I think is on s02e02 tomorrow. I'll probably give it time for some episodes, rewatch season 1 then start 2.

Trollhide
07-13-2016, 08:36 AM
Breaking news: citizens not spending every waking moment of their free time feeding the homeless and saving puppies from fires. Elfsim persona phacemeltar outraged, more at 11

Jorgam
07-13-2016, 09:41 AM
i overheard a conversation between two human males. one was inquiring to the other about what is a good netflix series to binge because he had already finished everything he could find. is this a hobby that humans partake in nowadays? it seems as though the world is in serious turmoil, i find it strange that some humans can find the time to be so removed from the rest of their community? perhaps this is their escape from the impending doom..

The image of people with nothing but time and money, going out and having all these experiences with large groups of friends every night is a myth pushed by commercials, TV shows and movies. Staying in and watching Netflix or movies and rejecting what is allegedly "normal" is just fine.

Nothing wrong with not needing constant social interaction. In fact I'd venture that it makes you stronger as a person to be able to be alone.

Jorgam
07-13-2016, 09:43 AM

Also, why even go out? With Facebook we can all just cyber stalk each other and live vicariously through it! No need to actually interact. Social Media does bring us all closer after all..

maskedmelon
07-13-2016, 09:50 AM
I've never used Netflix, but was pleasantly surprised by the convenience of Crunchyroll even if most of what is on there is less than fantastic.

Rattle Squirrell
07-13-2016, 11:19 AM
I can't help but find it hilarious that a person playing a 200 year old point ear simulator is talking down about someone that watched Netflix.

maskedmelon
07-13-2016, 11:24 AM
I can't help but find it hilarious that a person playing a 200 year old point ear simulator is talking down about someone that watched Netflix.

I could be wrong, but I think that was the point of the post ^^

It's called: Trolling

Theme: Irony

Goobles
07-13-2016, 04:38 PM
Let's get back on topic:

Nms seems pretty cool even though you might be playing by yourself for a while. Kind of reminds me of Morrowind. Except in space

Saludeen
07-13-2016, 04:54 PM
I love EQ like a drug, which is why I still check these forums. But the best thing to do is delete all your characters and items and uninstall cold turkey and delete everything EQ related you have. Then download it again, then repeat about 20 times or more until finally you can quit for good, for a while. And you'll find that you get alot more done, and it actually feels better to be away from the game. Then when you're away for about a month the game actually looks repulsive, until you reinstall and get addicted again, then quit, because you know you don't actually want to waste another 10 years literally accomplishing nothing. Netflix is stupid too, at least watch some TED talks instead.

Csihar
07-13-2016, 08:31 PM
I know it's not a serious thread but on the topic of people being foul:

My organisation took in a kitten that was dumped in a forest and the mother of the child that found it gave it a spot-on for fleas. We knew the person had 5 dogs so called to verify that she gave a spot-on for cats and not dogs seeing as how dog spot-ons often contain a substance that's poisonous to cats. Nope, she gave one specifically for kittens she said.
The kitten is now suffering from tremors, a fever, sensory overload, in a lot of pain and completely freaking out. Could have taken preventive measures 3 hours earlier if the bitch hadn't lied to save face.

If you want to learn to hate people, start working with animals.

Which is why it's great to isolate yourself and watch TV Series. BOOM! Back on topic

AzzarTheGod
07-13-2016, 08:35 PM
I love EQ like a drug, which is why I still check these forums. But the best thing to do is delete all your characters and items and uninstall cold turkey and delete everything EQ related you have. Then download it again, then repeat about 20 times or more until finally you can quit for good, for a while. And you'll find that you get alot more done, and it actually feels better to be away from the game. Then when you're away for about a month the game actually looks repulsive, until you reinstall and get addicted again, then quit, because you know you don't actually want to waste another 10 years literally accomplishing nothing. Netflix is stupid too, at least watch some TED talks instead.

What does Allah think about EQ and addictions?

R Flair
07-13-2016, 09:21 PM

Humans humans humans?

What planet or level of hell did you come from?

Saludeen
07-14-2016, 08:03 AM
What does Allah think about EQ and addictions?

That its a waste of time.

Daywolf
07-14-2016, 08:31 AM
oh here's a good one, 70hrs into The Long Dark (http://hinterlandgames.com/), got my tablet set up next to my laptop watching Remote Survival (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_Survival) :p

It's kinda lame though. Better stuff on youzube w/o the reality show spin. They gots no guns either :/

LostCause
07-14-2016, 09:33 AM

how many hours have you put into gaming? no difference everyone has a hobby.

also do you just assume they watch them all in a few days?

LostCause
07-14-2016, 09:35 AM
I could be wrong, but I think that was the point of the post ^^

It's called: Trolling

Theme: Irony

far from trolling imo not even funny lol.

have to aleast be funny to be a troll.

maskedmelon
07-14-2016, 09:47 AM
far from trolling imo not even funny lol.

have to aleast be funny to be a troll.

Trolls are very serious business friend. Watch yourself here ^^

Spyder73
07-14-2016, 10:58 AM

For someone who is criticizing someone else for lacking a sense of community, you come off like someone who hasn’t been outside in a while. You speak of people as if you are an alien observing them, not actually interacting. “I overheard a conversation between two human males” – who the f#ck talks like this? Answer: Future serial killers

Hoozi
07-14-2016, 07:35 PM
get a gym membership or start a martial art, play an instrument.... do something with yourselves other than watching a screen for hours a day.

says the guy spending hours in front of a screen refreshing/posting on p99 forums :D