PDA

View Full Version : Get dunked on

big_ole_jpn
07-07-2016, 04:58 PM
yellow text follows severe dunking, read more

Navy SEAL Trainee 'Dunked' by Instructor, Death Ruled a Homicide: Medical Examiner (http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/local/US-Navy-SEAL-Trainee-James-Lovelace-Drowning-Death-Homicide-Coronado-385710781.html)

maskedmelon
07-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Not sure why someone with asthma was admitted to the SEAL program : s

AzzarTheGod
07-07-2016, 05:09 PM
lol this is why I am glad I didn't decide to go in and do the 4 years to become a soldier of fortune (contractor).

I was very close to taking this path in life about 8 years ago.

I only ever planned to obtain a communications clearance so I could do very cushy technical work while banging international hotties in Qatar, but you still have to do those 4 years (You can use the Air Force to get this clearance, but they aren't always recruiting for the right position).

I met this guy in the club who did this and he was really balling out of control. I asked what he did later, and he told me all the details. He really was living it up. Poppin bottles, blow, hoes, rolex, thread game. U name it.

Communications contractors pull down 250k as a nobody and can approach half a mil within a year or two in the business. You are basically a Verizon telephone/fiber lineman, you are just now super important and allowed to work on CIA/DoD/Embassy lines.

The money isn't worth your life. The DoD has a history of treating people like shit.

Pokesan
07-07-2016, 05:09 PM
kinda weird to call it homocide when the government owns a soldiers life

should be destruction of property, probation and a small fine

AzzarTheGod
07-07-2016, 05:14 PM

Well I am sure you noted the lack of charges brought by NCIS ?

I doubt this goes anywhere.

maskedmelon
07-07-2016, 05:19 PM

There are only three legal classifications for cause of death:

Natural
Accident
Homicide

Pokesan
07-07-2016, 05:20 PM
Well I am sure you noted the lack of charges brought by NCIS ?

I doubt this goes anywhere.

i did not, for obvious reasons :cool:

Spyder73
07-07-2016, 05:40 PM
Criminal charges probably not - civil charges - $$$$$

AzzarTheGod
07-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Criminal charges probably not - civil charges - $$$$$

Hard to file civil charges against an object I reckon.

Its not like we are talking about a human being flesh and blood citizen of the United States.. (seriously, no sarcasm).

I doubt you can sue the DoD.

azeth
07-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Isn't this why they train in such a hostile fashion?

The death is awful, very sad. But, this individual was exposed to have not been cut of the right cloth to be an American commando.

That's why they train like this.

AzzarTheGod
07-07-2016, 05:50 PM
What azeth said. You would look like a fucking asshole even trying to sue over this.

He isn't the first SEAL to wash out (zinggga damn I'm on fire sorry I can't)

maskedmelon
07-07-2016, 06:10 PM
Isn't this why they train in such a hostile fashion?

The death is awful, very sad. But, this individual was exposed to have not been cut of the right cloth to be an American commando.

That's why they train like this.

QFT The ones who succeed are national treasures. Sad that he died, bit if not there, then on deployment and possibly at the cost of more lives. I still don't get why he was admitted with asthma. THAT is a disservice to him and the program. I'd like to know who recruited/admitted him.

AzzarTheGod
07-07-2016, 06:12 PM
I missed that detail. admitted with asthma. that can put your entire units lives at risk in combat. that's shameful.

Ahldagor
07-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Does asthma dq you from the program? I think it should. Others here do too. Curious on the criteria for SEAL training.

Syncmasterpen
07-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Makes me sick what the Usa does to their soldiers