http://i.imgur.com/u27zCJT.png

Thulack
07-06-2016, 05:35 PM
and?

maerilith
07-06-2016, 05:42 PM
You seem really upset.

everyone is the same in north Korea

maybe you should look into finding a place were you are normal :)

And yes we see it.

Google's artistic portrayal of NASA seems fine and normal to me.

remember the girl from star trek who was also an astronaut.

fash
07-06-2016, 06:09 PM
and?

Google's artistic portrayal of NASA seems fine and normal to me.

The propaganda would seem "normal" to the reality-detached and those with ulterior motives.

Pokesan
07-06-2016, 06:14 PM
cartoons are for children

is it bad i saw the spaceship as a dick before i saw the black people

big_ole_jpn
07-06-2016, 06:14 PM

the intellectual stimulation rendered by high quality anime dwarfs any western "adult" medium u can name genius

maerilith
07-06-2016, 06:18 PM

Lol I saw that as well.

was wondering why the racist was mad.

I think it means we're normal pokesan and not racist, like why would we pick out the different ppl.
Missed opportunity to troll about dicks.

@fash I wouldn't worry about it to much.

khanable
07-06-2016, 06:23 PM
wow, I am outraged they left out a middle eastern muslim man

what a bunch of fucking racists

I went ahead and added it in:

http://i.imgur.com/qwL3TDb.png

I made sure to leave out a middle eastern muslim women out of respect of them not being allowed to have an education

Baler
07-06-2016, 06:24 PM
Thought I was the only person who noticed it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiWQZhUmmRw

Pokesan
07-06-2016, 06:27 PM
is someone drawing a picture that has black people in it really threadworthy?

fash
07-06-2016, 06:31 PM
is someone drawing a picture that has black people in it really threadworthy?

Worth it just to see the rustled jimmies.

Thulack
07-06-2016, 06:44 PM
Worth it just to see the rustled jimmies.

The jimmies of who? lol. Dont think anyone on this forum is outraged by the photo. Probably more so questioning your reasoning for being on this earth but defiantly no jimmies getting rustled here.

fash
07-06-2016, 07:36 PM
The jimmies of who? lol. Dont think anyone on this forum is outraged by the photo. Probably more so questioning your reasoning for being on this earth but defiantly no jimmies getting rustled here.

Didn't expect anyone here to be "outraged by the photo".

However, for simply pointing out some propaganda, you are questioning me "being on this earth", and maerilith is of course deflecting, projecting, and shitting out personal accusations (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2316623&postcount=3). :)

Thulack
07-06-2016, 07:46 PM
There is no propaganda. Its all in your head buddy.

Pokesan
07-06-2016, 07:50 PM
im so flipping mad about this cartoon!!

AzzarTheGod
07-06-2016, 07:58 PM
im so flipping mad about this cartoon!!

maskedmelon
07-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Well, it is odd that someone would intentionally change a person's race in a sketch.

Perhaps the artist is just color blind or bored with his palette?

Personally I like my lemon sorbet coloring and would be unhappy if someone drew me differently. Unless they made me blue. I would not mind being blue, or maybe purple, but only pastels.

big_ole_jpn
07-06-2016, 08:10 PM
http://i.imgur.com/u27zCJT.png

i love how the only white male allowed in the doodle has numale facial hair and reel thick glasses

maskedmelon
07-06-2016, 08:14 PM
What about the blond person? Second from right. That is male, no?

big_ole_jpn
07-06-2016, 08:19 PM
What about the blond person? Second from right. That is male, no?

debatable, but saw a butch female.

Pokesan
07-06-2016, 08:30 PM
wouldn't wouldn't would wouldn't would would

maskedmelon
07-06-2016, 08:34 PM
The toons or the fleshies?

Pokesan
07-06-2016, 08:41 PM
The toons or the fleshies?

im talking about the very important cartoon of course!

edit: to clarify it was a list of the cartoons i would have sex with. thank you.

Videri
07-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I think the reason for the racially diverse cartoon characters is to provide one more little push that tells kids of all races that they, too, can aspire to be an astronaut. Even if they don't end up in space, they should not let their aspirations be limited by their birth characteristics. I think it's a good message. I wouldn't call it propaganda because it's not in favor of one particular group - it's in favor of all of them.

Edit: All 6 of the Juno team people in the photo are white. Maybe within 40 years (when today's kids are space engineers), brilliant minds of more races will be involved. The best and the brightest, of course.

big_ole_jpn
07-06-2016, 08:56 PM
I think the reason for the racially diverse cartoon characters is to provide one more little push that tells kids of all races that they, too, can aspire to be an astronaut. Even if they don't end up in space, they should not let their aspirations be limited by their birth characteristics. I think it's a good message. I wouldn't call it propaganda because it's not in favor of one particular group - it's in favor of all of them.

thank u for sharing earnestly sick of all these trolls

Videri
07-06-2016, 09:14 PM

Cool story bro LOL cuck nerd where dat YT tho

Nihilist_santa
07-06-2016, 09:38 PM

Edit: All 6 of the Juno team people in the photo are white. Maybe within 40 years (when today's kids are space engineers), brilliant minds of more races will be involved. The best and the brightest, of course.

They said that 40 years ago and all they managed to crap out is shit like Kanye. I always wondered how come when they get one of the magical basketball americans to adopt the sciences like NDT they have to trot him around and put him on TV instead of them actually doing any worthwhile science.

maerilith
07-06-2016, 09:40 PM
Only muslims and my grandparents get upset about cartoons.........

AzzarTheGod
07-06-2016, 10:04 PM

This could be the next Daywolf. U gonna offer him a record deal n get him signed to the majors?

fash
07-06-2016, 10:25 PM

Yes, this is exactly what the narrative is. The problem is that this narrative assumes that multculturalism is a strength and something to strive towards. An ethnically diverse society is a low trust society (see Putnam).

Daywolf
07-06-2016, 10:31 PM
I wonder if the google red-china version of it are all Asians
hehe

maskedmelon
07-06-2016, 11:13 PM
I wonder if the google red-china version of it are all Asians
hehe

Lol. I would guess they would all be lighter skinned there.

maerilith
07-06-2016, 11:16 PM
.cn and .hk domains have zero logos other than just google. plebe.

maskedmelon
07-06-2016, 11:20 PM
You trying to rustle me? : /

maerilith
07-06-2016, 11:21 PM
You trying to rustle me? : /

No you quoted Daywolf. lol

he can't even bother to type google.cn b4 going mad

anyway he stated he was curious and I tested it. nothing special. probably those states (yep!) just don't allow any kind of advertisement on their search page or something or it's not worth the liability for google or they just don't want to pay for staff to maintain those pages

sooo i don't think it's anything to worry about

maskedmelon
07-06-2016, 11:26 PM
Oh ok lol. I didn't check .cn either :/ but Days wasn't being serious either lol. He was making a joke about propaganda.

maerilith
07-06-2016, 11:30 PM
I was going to say I think of all the people on this board to get upset about a private organization doing whatever the hell it wants, days and that other nazi guy are like the last people who should be even slightly sarcastic about it. It makes all their previous statements seem hypocritical to me.

Videri
07-07-2016, 07:12 AM
Yes, this is exactly what the narrative is. The problem is that this narrative assumes that multculturalism is a strength and something to strive towards. An ethnically diverse society is a low trust society (see Putnam).

I used the Google and found this article from NPR. Emphasis mine.

Prof. PUTNAM: I do need to step back a minuet and say I think that the - it's not merely a fact that America's becoming more diverse. It's a benefit. America will - all of us will, over the long run, benefit from being a more diverse, more heterogeneous place. Places that are more diverse have higher rates of growth on average and they have better cuisine. And it's just a more interesting place to live.

So in the long run, waves of immigration like we're going through now and that we've gone through in the past and increasing diversity is good for a society. But what we discovered in this research, somewhat to our surprise, was that in the short run the more ethnically diverse the neighborhood you live in, the more you - every - all of us tend to hunker down, to pull in. The more diverse - and when I say all of us, I mean all of us. I mean blacks and whites and Asians and Latinos, all of us. The more diverse the group around us, ethnically, in our neighborhood, the less we trust anybody, including people who look like us. Whites trust whites less. Blacks trust blacks less, in more diverse settings.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=12802663

I am not alarmed. Sesame Street optimism INTACT. Flanders out.

Blitzers
07-07-2016, 10:59 AM

Aren't you always seeing dicks?

fash
07-07-2016, 05:49 PM

I would encourage you to look at the results rather than his editorializing. The conclusion of the paper is not dissimilar. The body of it presents the results that indicate as diversity increases, isolation and distrust of community members increase. At the tail end, it is an unsubstantiated pep talk in line with the quotes you provided. He sat on the results for half a decade until he could "develop proposals to compensate for the negative effects of diversity". :)

The only thing I found compelling in his pro-diversity comments are that economic growth increases (there is other evidence to support this, though he doesn't provide it himself).

AzzarTheGod
07-07-2016, 05:57 PM

Someone throw Videri a varsity jersery....this guy looks ready to play ball with the big boys.

Already linking to NPR, we could have the next Daywolf with the right coaches behind him. And this Off-Topic team needs more talent-- its been the same guys making the same arguments with the same tone all month.

Here take mine for now *throws jersey to Videri and slaps his ass*.

Redi
07-07-2016, 05:59 PM
wow, I am outraged they left out a middle eastern muslim man

what a bunch of fucking racists

I went ahead and added it in:

http://i.imgur.com/qwL3TDb.png

I made sure to leave out a middle eastern muslim women out of respect of them not being allowed to have an education

lol

Skew
07-07-2016, 06:49 PM

Just a quick pointer on the term "growth"

It is mathematically impossible to have infinite growth on a finite planet.
Our economic system is built upon compounding interest rates. This requires infinite growth. Until anyone understands what that means, they have no logical ability to discuss growth , the merits of diversity accelerating said growth , or otherwise.

As for the other bonus' for "diversity" : cuisine and "interesting" are poor arguments. I can think of many good arguments for diversity but "more growth , more food choices and more "interesting" are not them.
The growth argument is what is perpetuated by the very very uber wealthy because it keeps their asset prices inflated their debt riddled balance sheets above water.
Learn to economic.

Videri
07-07-2016, 11:16 PM
I would encourage you to look at the results rather than his editorializing. The conclusion of the paper is not dissimilar. The body of it presents the results that indicate as diversity increases, isolation and distrust of community members increase.

He does sound like he's sheepishly trying to make his results sound less anti-diversity. I guess I still feel diversity ultimately gives strength, but because of my personal beliefs and values, not because of evidence.

He sat on the results for half a decade until he could "develop proposals to compensate for the negative effects of diversity". :)

Yikes.

The only thing I found compelling in his pro-diversity comments are that economic growth increases (there is other evidence to support this, though he doesn't provide it himself).

I wouldn't personally cite "economic growth" as an argument for diversity. Plus Skew's got a point about infinite growth being a dangerous and short-sighted goal. I hoped it would give some conservative, xeno-shy people a reason to consider changing their minds and trying to find common ground with their neighbors and countrymen.

As for the other bonus' for "diversity" : cuisine and "interesting" are poor arguments. I can think of many good arguments for diversity but "more growth , more food choices and more "interesting" are not them.

I agree.

Nihilist_santa
07-07-2016, 11:42 PM
The chimp out meter is very high today. Suggest staying away from urban areas and areas predominately populated with basketball americans. They are killing police out there yall.