PDA

View Full Version : Mouselook lags my game

big_ole_jpn
07-03-2016, 03:06 AM
I don't like to keyboard turn because I don't have Down's, but I get brief lag spikes regularly when mouselooking. My framerate is steady otherwise; it only happens when mouselooking. These spikes are short but cause me to rotate a random number of degrees and start running a completely random fucking direction, resulting in my death since typically I only forget about the issue when I am running frantically.

I've compensated by keyboard turning but that's really stupid. Anyone know what to do about this?

Jimjam
07-03-2016, 03:20 AM
Loading your EQ game from a faster storage device might help.

big_ole_jpn
07-03-2016, 03:40 AM
Loading your EQ game from a faster storage device might help.

thought my shortcut was pointing to SSD version of EQ install whole time. nope, on slow 3tb drive.

Seems to have resolved, thanks buddy boy.

edit: welp mouselook lag is gone, but now i get lag spikes totally at random. moved EQ from SSD to 500gb drive and seems to have resolved both issues. Wonder if something is wrong with my poor SSD now. :(

Daywolf
07-03-2016, 06:52 PM
What does your resource monitor say? Run it in the bg and flip to it after you start having issues. Your SSD should do better than the HDD, maybe set the game client refresh rate settings to the speed of your monitors refresh rate (may happen less). That may not eliminate the problem entirely, I still get those glitches sometimes, that sudden snap but only using the mouse rather than the keyboard while moving. Happens a lot on the ramp to kelethin bank for me :p Old game client...