PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay Guild?

Woobi
07-01-2016, 01:06 PM
Hello all,

I've been playing on and off for a couple of years and now that I'm back on summer vaca from work I wanted to get back into EQ. However, this time around I wanted to RP.

Anyone know of a guild that RPs heavily or even lightly?

If not, how is the RP scene now? Any chance for me?

Sorn
07-01-2016, 01:16 PM
RPers are a minority, but you can find them in smaller/more casual guilds, or just out and about in the world sans guild tag. If you want an RP guild full of rangers, check out Archer's Vow. (Also check out their guild thread, it's pretty awesome.)

My guild, Cracked Staff Artisans, naturally lends itself to RP, but the primary emphasis is on tradeskills so it's not for everyone. We're kind of the epitome of casual in all other areas. :)

Woobi
07-01-2016, 01:43 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what does a trade skill do for fun exactly? Do you still adventure together? Or is it just more about selling items and making mad pps

Necabo
07-01-2016, 02:04 PM
I'm always available to discuss the virtues of Solusek Ro or go on quests for the advancement of the arcane in Norrath.

Sorn
07-01-2016, 02:22 PM
If you don't mind me asking, what does a trade skill do for fun exactly? Do you still adventure together? Or is it just more about selling items and making mad pps

We do adventure together if our levels are close! We've laid waste to the brownie town in lfay for their parts, ventured to the depths of Najena for tradeskill supplies and traveler's packs, and randomly participate in player-run events.

Currently only one member really tunnelquests regularly to sell crafted stuff. The rest of the time people will send tells asking if we have such and such (usually cultural or banded armor). I tend to make people go on ingredient-collecting quests if I'm the one crafting for them, though. It takes people off the beaten trail for sure.

I'm waiting for someone to throw a birthday party or wedding. I've got cake and I'm not afraid to use it.

Jotei
07-01-2016, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure I understand your question :c

All guilds have roles, be they more or less well defined, for their members. I am a late part of the Aftermath left in the wake of the Sleeper's Awakening. The Aftermath is a diverse band of experienced adventurers whose varied ambitions are unified in a singular purpose: Excellence.

I have maintained detailed accountings of my adventures and cannot say that I have encountered many others who do. There was a warrior and a bard and a monk before me, my namesake. There too now is a ranger and a gnome and this lizard before me and another I know and a paladin as well, each with stories to tell.

Best of luck and I hope you find what you are looking for!

leFuZz
07-02-2016, 07:50 AM
Honestly, I would LOVE to be part of (or start) a role play guild in EQ. I've seen static groups try to form with RP in mind, but I don't know how they've progressed.

As mentioned, there's been a great semi-RP archer group, and one rogue's wonderful RP thread recently.

Truthfully, I think a successful RP group on this server needs a purpose. Like the commerce or archery guilds previously mentioned, I think a guild centered around a deity, race, or racial team would work well.

If you're interested in starting something up, let me know. I am relatively casual, so I don't have a ton of resources, but I think starting from small means may be part of the fun.

Trelaboon
07-03-2016, 12:18 AM
I'm like the only person I know who roleplays lol.

Pundgy, the mighty Gnome Warrior