PDA

View Full Version : Quest Issue: Gregor Nasin - No Barkeep Compendium

Gwydman
06-28-2016, 06:27 PM
Hey guys,

I just turned in the items to Gregor Nasin to receive the Barkeep Compendium. I am an enchanter so I was in an illusion and I cast alliance on myself and everyone else in the bar. After doing this everyone in the bar con'd amiable to me. I handed Gregor Nasin the Kiola Nut, Erud's Tonic, Honey Jum, and Koalindl Fish. When I handed the items I received absolutely nothing in return.

Thanks!

Gwdman

delfi
06-28-2016, 07:04 PM
Not sure that is how alliance works, why are you casting it multiple times? I believe it only applies to the last npc you cast it on. If you cast it on npc A, it improves your faction with that targetted npc's faction, but if you cast it on npc B who is on different faction, it improves that faction but the faction increase to A's faction disappear.

Please correct me if I'm wrong uber enchanters.

Also, casting alliance on yourself makes you like yourself more :D

Edit: All that being said, if the npc you were turning the item into con'd amiable right before turn-in, it shouldn't matter. Assuming that quest only requires amiable faction. But if you con'd him, then alliance clicked another npc, it might have changed your faction with the quest npc.

Gwydman
06-28-2016, 07:07 PM
I cast it on multiple NPC's and it affects every NPC you cast it on for the duration of the spell. I always cast it on myself just as like an added coverage haha.

Also, all of what you said literally has zero impact on why the quest did not work as intended.

delfi
06-28-2016, 07:22 PM
I believe the duration is for however long you are in the zone, but that doesn't matter here.

Let me put it this way, if you cast alliance on one npc then on a second npc, it can absolutely change the faction of the first npc. It has happened to me several times, and my friend has experienced it too. I assumed this meant it applied to one npc at a time, but as I said I could be wrong.

Zero impact? If what I say is accurate, which is might not be, then you could have modified your faction by casting on a second npc. Just trying to be helpful, good luck tho.

Gwydman
06-28-2016, 07:27 PM
I conned every NPC after each cast of Alliance to ensure that the NPC's conned the same after applying. Believe it or not I have done this a few times. The point is that the quest NPC did not deliver the required item after receiving what he wanted when proper reputation was in effect.

delfi
06-28-2016, 07:30 PM
Again, was trying to be helpful Gwydman. Good luck in your quest.

fash
06-28-2016, 08:03 PM
Did you con the turn-in npc after your last cast of alliance and before turning in the items? These spells only affects the faction of the last npc you've cast on.

Gwydman
06-28-2016, 08:15 PM
Yes I did that Fash, it should be noted that it appears that most of the NPC's I cast alliance on are of the same faction. I have a screenshot of the con before I turned in the items but I don't feel like going through the bs of loading it up elsewhere to then load it up here.

elwing
06-29-2016, 01:45 AM
I'm probably wrong, but I always thought the faction modifier song/spell change your faction with only one single faction, and for all the NPC on that faction? and that the effect stops when you cast it on another faction?

Gwydman
06-29-2016, 10:36 AM
Once again, I conned the quest NPC before the turn in and he conned amiable to me. This leads me to assume that other NPC's in that bar are all the same rep so we can probably move past this point now and on to an actual answer.

Tupakk
06-29-2016, 11:10 AM
Did you con him before you turned in. Alliance only works for a short time..... I couldnt help myself.

He might of had something already turned into him and you got the unlucky stick. I would kill him and reset his loot.

Obviously petition back your items.

Gwydman
06-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Yea, i sent in a petition in game and then put up the bug here as well. Sat around all day yesterday waiting for a GM and nothing.

nilbog
06-29-2016, 01:17 PM
You turned in the wrong Erud's Tonic (droppable).

It should be the no drop version.

Gwydman
06-29-2016, 01:18 PM
I turned in the No Drop version as that is the only version I had.

nilbog
06-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Gave
[13122] Erud's Tonic <--- droppable version
[13952] Honey Jum
[13340] Kiola Nut
[13383] Koalindl Fish
Received
No Items

Gwydman
06-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Well, shit... that sucks. Now I remember why I hate this game.

Ele
06-29-2016, 01:27 PM
Yea, i sent in a petition in game and then put up the bug here as well. Sat around all day yesterday waiting for a GM and nothing.

In-game petitions are for immediate assistance (getting trapped underworld, training, disputes), not reimbursement/quest assistance. If you are seeking reimbursement, then you should submit a petition via the petition sub-forum. However, in a lot of instances, it is faster to simply redo the quest.