PDA

View Full Version : Bard Powerlevling

thewrush
06-21-2016, 10:23 AM
How does a bard powerlevel a person? Swarm and aoe damage? Wouldn't the bard get all the xp still?

darkreap
06-21-2016, 11:36 AM
Havent done it myself but I imagine at lvl 54 once the bard has the AoE snare, the bard would AoE Snare the group of mobs and drag them behind him. The person getting leveled would then PBAOE the mobs down past 50% where the bard would begin killing the swarm. As long as the person does more than 50% of the damage they would get exp.

Pyrion
06-22-2016, 08:22 AM
If the bard gets all the mobs down to like 10% and then just zones... shouldn't that work? Then the other guy could PBAE the rest.

Also, isn't there a possibility to memblur for a bard? Or is it single target only?

syztem
06-22-2016, 09:44 AM
The bard could zone, yes. But then every mob blurs and pages of in diff directions. Best way is just make sure bard is within lvl exp range of person being pl'd and mobs are light green to dark blue to bard. A bard can equally snare/aoe chant a swarm down alone. But if he's PLing a group of casters with pbaoes they can help speed the process up fast. Otherwise you can do something like what I do in overthere, my bard is solo spam aoe snare on swarm in circles while 2-3 pbaoe casters in a full group step up and blast the swarm away thus taking all the exp as I never did anything but play aoe snare to hold aggro. Usually if PLing a group that has no pbaoe or all melee I'll switch to a de leveled bard around 33 and swarm normally with no outside help

Jietoh1
06-22-2016, 02:25 PM
Would this work?

Pick a zone where mobs run at low health.
1) pull two mobs
2) PLee tags mob1
3) bard charms mob1 and has it attack mob2
4) once pet gets below 20%, bard kills mob2, casts invis to break charm and goes off to pull 2 more
5) PLee, kills running low heath mob1 gets exp while bard starts the process over again.

RDawg816
06-22-2016, 02:39 PM
That would be a lot slower, but yes it should work.

Tewaz
06-22-2016, 03:07 PM
Most do bard aoe snares a large amount, then aoe kills to like 60%, then the aoe casting class (like a cleric) does their aoe to take it the rest of the way down and get full exp.

Izmael
06-23-2016, 05:57 AM
Or the PLee first blows their mana AEing to get the mobs as low as they possibly could, then the bard AEs them to death while allowing the PLee to med up enough for maybe another nuke.

leFuZz
06-24-2016, 08:11 AM
I thought bard just pulls aoe snare, turns on DMG shield, and pl group only has to do 1 DMG to all creatures to get xp. The damage shield damage from bard doesn't count it toward him.

Izmael
06-24-2016, 09:28 AM
That works for the lowest levels but as mobs get higher, the bard can't tank a train of them for all that long. He's a dancing prancing pansy after all.

falkun
06-27-2016, 01:51 PM
Low level (sub 20): Grab everything I can and damage shield tank. If the PLee has an AE, then I can sing DS song after 1 nuke, otherwise I have to wait for PLee to attack everything once.

Everything else: Grab everything I can, kite it in circles until its a giant pack, then PBAOE snare it. After a few songs land you've got so much aggro no amount of nukes will drop it. Keep it snared while PBAOE class PLee nukes all mobs sub-50%, then assist with the killing by PBAOE DoTing myself.

DS damage is not attributed to any player, so the PLee only needs to do 1 point of damage to each mob in order to receive the EXP.

PBAOE DoT damage is attributed to the bard casting it, so the PLee will have to do over 50% of the damage to each mob he wishes to receive EXP from. For bard PLing, that pretty much only makes this method viable for classes that can cast PBAOE spells/songs.