Sallan
06-19-2016, 11:17 PM
Enjoy. Once again not an ideal time for euros and oceanic folks, sigh

nothsa
06-20-2016, 05:18 AM
double sigh

Culkasi
06-20-2016, 05:26 AM
Guys, with this kind of response, how likely is Rogean to want to do it again?

Stop worrying and complaining about the time of day, its a US server, Rogean has a life to take care off - I am super happy he quaked the server, I was asleep, so be it, but people got to experience content and get pixels, its all goodness. The majority of the server happens to be US based, so it makes sense most of what takes place, happens in US prime time. Making Rogean feel bad about quaking the server is not the way to make things better.

One happy and grateful European.

Ssouky
06-20-2016, 05:44 AM
Reset on a sunday ! Thanks :D

Sallan
06-20-2016, 07:17 AM
Certainly happy anytime the server gets a quake culk. No negative intentions - the server has grown tremendously accommodating players from all parts of the world with equal presence. It would be very nice to have one happen one day during our period (don't think one has before?).

Like I said, enjoy folks :)

nothsa
06-20-2016, 07:19 AM
it has happened once, about this time last year auctally

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
06-20-2016, 07:24 AM
Guys, with this kind of response, how likely is Rogean to want to do it again?

Hear hear!! Thank you Rogean, had a great time because of it! I will show you my titties!

Morbo the Annihilator
06-20-2016, 08:12 AM
Rogean doesn't need to perform these resets during prime time. he can just as easily to it in the morning, or mid-afternoon.

My argument has always been that an off-peak reset will be healthier for the server, because it won't be possible to steamroll all targets within the hour.
Raid mobs would be much more spread out, and more guilds have the ability to get involved.

prime-time resets = much more condensed mob windows, which allows the top 2 guilds to focus their attention on a relatively short window of raid spawns, which usually shuts out any other guilds from even being in contention for a few weeks while the repop windows slowly slowly extend out across several days.

Pint
06-20-2016, 09:24 AM
The end of the windows should all stack around good euro prime time, if y'all leave afk ppl in tov etc running logs you could set up for some fte races in the last few hours which shouldn't be too taxing.

heartbrand
06-20-2016, 09:32 AM
Rogean doesn't need to perform these resets during prime time. he can just as easily to it in the morning, or mid-afternoon.

My argument has always been that an off-peak reset will be healthier for the server, because it won't be possible to steamroll all targets within the hour.
Raid mobs would be much more spread out, and more guilds have the ability to get involved.

prime-time resets = much more condensed mob windows, which allows the top 2 guilds to focus their attention on a relatively short window of raid spawns, which usually shuts out any other guilds from even being in contention for a few weeks while the repop windows slowly slowly extend out across several days.

HOLY FUCK DUDE stop being so entitled and get a fucking grip. it's a goblin town simulator, just say thank you to the staff for letting you relive the politics of elf tree village and stop crying on the forums.

kgallowaypa
06-20-2016, 09:42 AM

https://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2303433#post2303433

Morbo the Annihilator
06-20-2016, 10:00 AM
HOLY FUCK DUDE stop being so entitled and get a fucking grip. it's a goblin town simulator, just say thank you to the staff for letting you relive the politics of elf tree village and stop crying on the forums.

This isn't rnf, try not to let your emotions embarrass you in such a public place.

I think there's merit in raid mob windows not being stacked up so narrowly, but that's just a personal opinion.

Jimjam
06-20-2016, 10:03 AM
I think there's merit in raid mob windows not being stacked up so narrowly, but that's just a personal opinion.

I thought earthquakes weren't meant to affect normal spawn windows? It's just a free round of mobs. Am I mistaken?

fiveeauxfour
06-20-2016, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the quake rogdog

xKoopa
06-20-2016, 11:28 AM
This isn't rnf, try not to let your emotions embarrass you in such a public place.

That sounds nice but you still end up with the two big guilds killing everything, it just becomes a horrible experience of nonstop poop socking and people missing sleep/work etc as a result

I quit raiding just because the windows got stuck in the middle of the week and i could only kill mobs at 4am on a wednesday morning etc

trite
06-20-2016, 11:35 AM
I thought earthquakes weren't meant to affect normal spawn windows? It's just a free round of mobs. Am I mistaken?

You are mistaken.

trite
06-20-2016, 11:36 AM
I figured they would at least want to experiment with what would happen with the server if Windows were to be open weekend nights for a month....

Valura
06-20-2016, 11:37 AM
that poor cat's heart

Blitzers
06-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Just last week I used the Jedi mind Trick on Rogean in an Off Topic post to "FORCE" a weekend Quake. Unfortunately, my son had an out of state baseball tournament and I missed it.

You can all thank me, and send me some plats as a Token of your appreciation.

heartbrand
06-20-2016, 11:58 AM

says the guy who was booted from 3 guilds, lost his job and then tried to find employment in TS due to EQ, and now is crying on the forums after project manager of this not for profit dwarven mining recreation server went out of his way to give YOU something. man up and stop blaming others and crying.

Morbo the Annihilator
06-20-2016, 05:44 PM
says the guy who was booted from 3 guilds, lost his job and then tried to find employment in TS due to EQ, and now is crying on the forums after project manager of this not for profit dwarven mining recreation server went out of his way to give YOU something. man up and stop blaming others and crying.

You seem to be furious about something, I'm just not sure what. Maybe you should stick to rnf and leave server chat for more civil minds.

Either way, I think you're confusing me with someone else.
I've been in Taken/Awakened for 5 years+, and haven't been booted from any guild.

heartbrand
06-20-2016, 06:23 PM
You seem to be furious about something, I'm just not sure what. Maybe you should stick to rnf and leave server chat for more civil minds.

Either way, I think you're confusing me with someone else.
I've been in Taken/Awakened for 5 years+, and haven't been booted from any guild.

You are clearly overly emotionally attached to the gnomish spelunker simulator. Please stop lashing out at the not for profit project manager who has devoted thousands of hours to this project, and instead, focus your energy on your resume.

Thank You.

Bazia
06-20-2016, 06:35 PM
it's like these nerds don't get that rogean is commander-in-chief of the orc republic we participate in

ur lucky he dont cum after y'all for elf treason like u deserve

Redi
06-20-2016, 07:17 PM
You haven't even seen the Emps final form.