PDA

View Full Version : Thurg Faction

darkreap
06-18-2016, 10:23 PM
Anyone know of any fairly easy quests to raise thurg faction? My ranger is 36 and trying to get faction high enough to finish a helm MQ. Does anyone know of any low level quests or mobs I could kill to raise faction? Right now I'm fear kiting dire wolves in GD but as they are mostly dark blue to even cons, it is slow going with constant zoning when I get a giant add. Is there like a turn in bunny meat to some dwarf for faction type quest? Is there any way to raise it besides giants/wolves?

Sorn
06-18-2016, 10:30 PM
Go to iceclad and kill giant scouts there, they're lower level than the stuff in GD.

There aren't any easy quests to raise Thurg faction, although turning frost giant toes (4) and kromrif heads (10) for part of the shawl quests would provide an extra boost. You'd have to kill in EW and GD for those drops.

The other two methods are a bit tough at your level (faction groups in WL/10th ring war participation).

Lemonhead
06-18-2016, 11:19 PM
I'm pretty sure you can just out of group tag mobs with the WL factioners. Bring some arrows and pluck away.

syztem
06-18-2016, 11:24 PM
What lemon said, thurg faction is by far the easiest to get. Find a group in gd or wl or even kael and ask if they don't mind if you tag faction

darkreap
06-18-2016, 11:30 PM
do the WL giants give thurg faction? Thought those were only SS faction on that side.

syztem
06-18-2016, 11:39 PM
Wl giants give +coldain and +clawsofveeshan, -kromzek/rif. All of the kromrif type giants give coldain faction and cov, the others deeper inside the zone like kael are +cov only and negative kromzek/rif and tormax

Sorn
06-18-2016, 11:59 PM
Just gotta get through Kael to reach WL. You don't get Sup. Camo til 49 and Kael is an indoor zone, so cast it outside and YOLO to WL, or use cloudy potions/instant clickies if your camo drops mid run. Don't get lost and don't stop in the middle of the zone to check the map.

In WL, the faction groups rove up and down the wall where the zone-in to Kael is because there are sentries that spawn at regular intervals along with a few static spawns in various locations. Run (invised) to the dragon portal to grab a tooth in case you die horribly to some stray high level roamer (there are a lot in WL). Faction groups full of raid-geared 60s are fairly common and easy to start/join.

SowIsLifeSowIsLove
06-19-2016, 12:38 AM
Is there a level restriction for thurg armor quests? Or SS even?

darkreap
06-19-2016, 12:42 AM
Don't think so. Saw a warrior in Mistmoore the other day in thurg armor.

Jorgam
06-19-2016, 12:44 AM
Giant Warrior Helmets for faction/xp/coin.

Frost Giant Toes x4 for Coldain Shawl 1. Just turn in for the shawl and destroy it and turn in again. Rinse repeat.

I have gotten lvl 20's to ally this way.

Lagaidh
06-19-2016, 11:13 AM
I'm seriously asking. What's the benefit at the top of the hierarchy that sells MQs? Plat?

I can't compute. I just cant understand why the MQ market is SO viable here. What the hell happens to the millions of plat that flow up the chain? How can millions of plat actually benefit high end players who are strong enough to do others' quests for them and charge them in-game currency for the privilege?

What the hell happens to all that plat when you don't have to buy a stitch of gear? Even for alts?

Maybe I'm not looking at this clearly. It could be that PUGers get lucky on a roll and then sell the MQ they cannot use... I dunno.

Seems there's way more MQ market than could actually benefit the sellers in-game. It's a finite world. Money can literally lose its meaning once you're powerful enough.

Do people still RMT here?

Or is it like real life where the super rich keep on earning because hey, gotta be richer than that guy! I can't actually spend any more money because there's nothing left to buy, but LOOKIT 'AT SKOR BORD!

Swish
06-19-2016, 11:18 AM
Time will bore some of them off the server, 10+ bis characters and millions of plat stored... even they'll be asking for something new/fresh imo

darkreap
06-19-2016, 12:09 PM
I'm seriously asking. What's the benefit at the top of the hierarchy that sells MQs? Plat?

I can't compute. I just cant understand why the MQ market is SO viable here. What the hell happens to the millions of plat that flow up the chain? How can millions of plat actually benefit high end players who are strong enough to do others' quests for them and charge them in-game currency for the privilege?

What the hell happens to all that plat when you don't have to buy a stitch of gear? Even for alts?

Maybe I'm not looking at this clearly. It could be that PUGers get lucky on a roll and then sell the MQ they cannot use... I dunno.

Seems there's way more MQ market than could actually benefit the sellers in-game. It's a finite world. Money can literally lose its meaning once you're powerful enough.

Do people still RMT here?

Or is it like real life where the super rich keep on earning because hey, gotta be richer than that guy! I can't actually spend any more money because there's nothing left to buy, but LOOKIT 'AT SKOR BORD!

Not really sure why everything is MQ'd here. If it were up to me, nothing would be MQ-able and then maybe people would actually be able to experience the end game rather than being forced to MQ their epics (Ragefire's Heart, Child's Tear, ect). The helm is actually on my main that I got from a kael guild group that no one needed. After an attempt to sell it, I decided I would just MQ it to my baby ranger to use until I can get the helm of the tracker.

syztem
06-19-2016, 12:13 PM
2+ years of kunark, just how the server came to be. Anything that can be MQ'd will eventually end up being sold. If MQ weren't available, half the server if not more would be without epics, and many more things if people needed to be on the proper character for that 7 minute or 30 minute timer in certain zones or hard to reach spots.

Thulack
06-19-2016, 12:36 PM
Not really sure why everything is MQ'd here. If it were up to me, nothing would be MQ-able and then maybe people would actually be able to experience the end game rather than being forced to MQ their epics (Ragefire's Heart, Child's Tear, ect). The helm is actually on my main that I got from a kael guild group that no one needed. After an attempt to sell it, I decided I would just MQ it to my baby ranger to use until I can get the helm of the tracker.

If there were no MQ there would be tons of rotting hearts and tears. People would still kill ragefire for his drops and how many tagalong shamans would you let on a fear raid to get a tear? It would just be people sitting in places and begging to loot stuff. People who can do these mobs dont buy MQ. Its the people that have no chance of doing the mobs themselves(they physically cant do the mobs or dont want to spend the time camping the mobs not because they cant get a turn at them) that are buying the MQ.

Baler
06-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Dragon+thurg faction:
If you cant find a faction group or find it difficult to kill mobs solo. You could find a player who is already killing giants explain to them you need faction and that you'll just hit them 1 time. Most people will understand if you explain it properly and that it has no effect on their kills. Tossing buffs their way helps too ;)
Works just like a faction group. Leechers get 1 hit in and wait for another giant to hit. albeit with a pet, low level dd, bow, etc.

Giant+thurg faction: idk gl

BarackObooma
06-20-2016, 09:28 PM
There's no level limit? The p99 wiki for the armor quests shows 45 as minimum level so I didn't even think to try any sooner. I just got a Ranger to 45 and have a warrior that's 43. Time for twink factionquest.

Thulack
06-20-2016, 09:36 PM
There's no level limit? The p99 wiki for the armor quests shows 45 as minimum level so I didn't even think to try any sooner. I just got a Ranger to 45 and have a warrior that's 43. Time for twink factionquest.

Nope. No level limit.

Sodors Finest Poster
06-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Good way to get dorf faction is to tag as many mobs as you can during a ringwar.

syztem
06-21-2016, 12:10 PM
im pretty sure from max kos you can go to ally or close to max ally in 2 ring wars, assuming you tag 80-90% of the giants + the phases dont skip waves or entire phases itself. I used to keep kindly faction regularly, by killing dain going max kos, then ring war boost me back up to kindly.

Jimjam
06-21-2016, 12:33 PM
If there were no MQ there would be tons of rotting hearts and tears. People would still kill ragefire for his drops and how many tagalong shamans would you let on a fear raid to get a tear? It would just be people sitting in places and begging to loot stuff. People who can do these mobs dont buy MQ. Its the people that have no chance of doing the mobs themselves(they physically cant do the mobs or dont want to spend the time camping the mobs not because they cant get a turn at them) that are buying the MQ.

Indeed, I'm not sure why people who feel they can't get a turn at a mob would pay for an MQ... You're essentially paying someone to cockblock you from a quest you wanted to do yourself!

Swish
06-21-2016, 12:46 PM
Indeed, I'm not sure why people who feel they can't get a turn at a mob would pay for an MQ... You're essentially paying someone to cockblock you from a quest you wanted to do yourself!

Well put.

snergle
06-22-2016, 08:28 PM
Dragon+thurg faction:
If you cant find a faction group or find it difficult to kill mobs solo. You could find a player who is already killing giants explain to them you need faction and that you'll just hit them 1 time. Most people will understand if you explain it properly and that it has no effect on their kills. Tossing buffs their way helps too ;)
Works just like a faction group. Leechers get 1 hit in and wait for another giant to hit. albeit with a pet, low level dd, bow, etc.

Giant+thurg faction: idk gl

wl faction to ally thurg. ss / ww / tov farm to dubious with zek. go to the traitor cave in gd kill them and turn in heads to bvellos to ally zek / tormaxx. this assumes you only care about 2/3 of the factions in kael.

Achromatic
06-24-2016, 02:06 AM
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet as i have not read the whole thread but if you get a bow and a couple of backpacks of arrows you can follow a ring war and tag every single mob. You can get to amiable with just one ring war if your chars new to velious.

Meanwhile just kill giants in gd.