PDA

View Full Version : 90k a year is hard times in San Diego California

Chaboo_Cleric
06-17-2016, 02:14 PM
This is why you need to meet a woman who makes $$$ to add to your surplus. Prefer a Doctor or attorney. Problem is they are into weird sex.

quido
06-17-2016, 02:22 PM
totally cool and normal post

Baler
06-17-2016, 02:30 PM
My grandmother told me to marry a rich girl.

xKoopa
06-17-2016, 02:33 PM
My grandmother told me to marry a rich girl.

My grandma told me make sure that bish works

Chaboo_Cleric
06-17-2016, 02:39 PM
I went to Costco and dropped $800 dollars. Now I got 10IB cans of Ketchup and shit. Never go to Costco hungry. IF you do< Hit up the food mart first>

maskedmelon
06-17-2016, 03:22 PM
I went to Costco and dropped $800 dollars. Now I got 10IB cans of Ketchup and shit. Never go to Costco hungry. IF you do< Hit up the food mart first>

Costco is actually not very competitive if you shop sales. Most grocers handily beat Costco with sales. Only items Costco seems to regularly win at are toilet paper and bottled water.

sOurDieSel
06-17-2016, 03:32 PM
Illegals have inflated the housing market in San Diego for decades. They pack 3-4 heads in a room and can afford to pay 2500 bucks for a mediocre 3 bedroom with all the free givemedats they get from Obama's cronies. Combine the illegals with the housing market crash and all those homeowners who lost their property are now competing in the housing rental market making prices skyrocket.

San Diego is a mix between LA and TJ and nothing more then a tourist trap.

Ladros
06-17-2016, 03:35 PM
That's basically like living in Manhattan. Add in student loans, transportation, cell phone, insurance, food, savings etc ... rent alone for a small place would be 3k per month easily or more depending on location.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-17-2016, 03:36 PM
Illegals have inflated the housing market in San Diego for decades. They pack 3-4 heads in a room and can afford to pay 2500 bucks for a mediocre 3 bedroom with all the free givemedats they get from Obama's cronies. Combine the illegals with the housing market crash and all those homeowners who lost their property are now competing in the housing rental market making prices skyrocket.

Sadly.... This is partially true.... My 3 bedroom Condo right now costs $3600 a month. Shit's expensive

My cousin wanted to move out here and asked me for apartment advice. Told him to avoid anywhere that has section 8 housing and anywhere that has subsidized living. Otherwise, he would be in mini mexico.

Best Cities to live in : Lajolla , Carlsbad , Del Mar , Encinitas

AzzarTheGod
06-17-2016, 04:18 PM

This x 100.

I'm actually in the process of looking for a new place because of the immigrant and illegals doing this and bringing their shifty unprofessional culture with them.

They party any time (weekdays) and are completely random at inviting 20 people over till 4 am.

I need a complex/ community where it's all 1 bedroom at 2.5-3k but I don't know where to find it. All these communities have mixed floor plans.

Sick of people using roommates to live in nice business professional communities with their disgusting unpredictable unprofessional lifestyles and shit jobs.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-17-2016, 04:26 PM
This x 100.

I'm actually in the process of looking for a new place because of the immigrant and illegals doing this and bringing their shifty unprofessional culture with them.

They party any time (weekdays) and are completely random at inviting 20 people over till 4 am.

I need a complex/ community where it's all 1 bedroom at 2.5-3k but I don't know where to find it. All these communities have mixed floor plans.

Sick of people using roommates to live in nice business professional communities with their disgusting unpredictable unprofessional lifestyles and shit jobs.

When throwing a party.... Always play Merry-ache music. Your out of control party will never get a noise disturbance citation. Police do not enforce Mexican music during late hours of night. White people just deal with it, it's cray

Lune
06-17-2016, 04:44 PM

Weren't you just in jail? Or was that someone else

AzzarTheGod
06-17-2016, 04:58 PM
Weren't you just in jail? Or was that someone else

I made a comment about being out on bond in relation to coming off a 1 week ban. Maybe that's it. I think you missed the fact I was banned because it was so short and I wasn't active in any of the major discussions.

My current rent is 2.1k 1 bedroom, have 3 1,200+ SQ FT units surrounding me with 3k rents. All Spanish/Pakistani/Middle Eastern. The Spaniards from Spain are the most polite about it, guessing they come from upper class so their parents taught them some basic respect for other people.

We had South American's here and they were ridiculous. Typical Latin lifestyle parties anytime, any day of the week they could have a big party. They were in their 30's and 40's, had children. The small baby would be up with them drinking and partying at 5 AM. Fucking scumbags. The Spaniards from Spain replaced this unit. Thank fucking god.

The Pakistanis are the worst on my block right now. Incredibly violent speakers. Everything is shouting. They don't talk in normal tones. Constant elevated voice, same as Marteen was described (ironic)

Thought about reporting him to DHS for suspicious behavior due to the erratic schedule he keeps, drug use (marijuana), and anger issues. He also was not born here and is not a US citizen. Very young guy. Has blasted violent rap music at 4:30 AM when I tapped on the wall to get him to turn his TV down.

Swimming upstream here, hence why I am eyeing a move. But if these rats can get into a decent community, its a tall order to find a place that discriminates.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-17-2016, 05:17 PM
I made a comment about being out on bond in relation to coming off a 1 week ban. Maybe that's it. I think you missed the fact I was banned because it was so short and I wasn't active in any of the major discussions.

My current rent is 2.1k 1 bedroom, have 3 1,200+ SQ FT units surrounding me with 3k rents. All Spanish/Pakistani/Middle Eastern. The Spaniards from Spain are the most polite about it, guessing they come from upper class so their parents taught them some basic respect for other people.

We had South American's here and they were ridiculous. Typical Latin lifestyle parties anytime, any day of the week they could have a big party. They were in their 30's and 40's, had children. The small baby would be up with them drinking and partying at 5 AM. Fucking scumbags. The Spaniards from Spain replaced this unit. Thank fucking god.

The Pakistanis are the worst on my block right now. Incredibly violent speakers. Everything is shouting. They don't talk in normal tones. Constant elevated voice, same as Marteen was described (ironic)

Thought about reporting him to DHS for suspicious behavior due to the erratic schedule he keeps, drug use (marijuana), and anger issues. He also was not born here and is not a US citizen. Very young guy. Has blasted violent rap music at 4:30 AM when I tapped on the wall to get him to turn his TV down.

Swimming upstream here, hence why I am eyeing a move. But if these rats can get into a decent community, its a tall order to find a place that discriminates.

O damn. I remember having Paki neighbors. They the worst!!! Sorry brew @ big Donald going to fix this.

AzzarTheGod
06-17-2016, 05:20 PM
O damn. I remember having Paki neighbors. They the worst!!! Sorry brew

Indeed. Described it to the leasing office as a "clash of culture", and a "learning experience".

Now I get what Tiggles meant when he said "I need white people" poor or not. There is a marked difference and after 6 years inside the city I have lived enough to know the difference. When I was in college we would party maybe 1 day a week, if that. Ending at a normal earlier hour of 2 AM. These rats will go to 5-6 AM on a Tuesday/Wednesday, then do it again in a few days.

That's not even including the violent slamming of doors, cubbards, shouting "arguments" (figured out its just how they talk) penetrating the walls.

There's some good Spanish and Latin dudes out there working hard, but these 1st generation wealth Pakis...yeah....no.

JackFlash
06-18-2016, 01:17 AM
one star thread living up to it's one star.....

dafier
06-21-2016, 05:13 PM
California is a stupid place to live. SO many better places to live. Why live in a dumb libtard state?

When is that magical earth quake going to settle all this?

Chaboo_Cleric
06-21-2016, 07:13 PM
California is a stupid place to live. SO many better places to live. Why live in a dumb libtard state?

When is that magical earth quake going to settle all this?

Because the Beach rocks here. Party life is great. San Diego is the craft beer city , colleges out here are great, and we got Disneyland , Seaworld, Wild Animal Park , Zoo , Knotts Berry Farm , Universal Studios, Comic Con , and more...

So many better places to live? Perhaps some , but Southern Cali is a great place to live , IF you can afford it.

http://i.imgur.com/SR2uWro.jpg

Yess sir

Tenlaar
06-22-2016, 06:10 AM
Every place in the entirety of the USA has hot girls and summer.

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 06:18 AM
one star thread living up to it's one star.....

I think people are getting a tad weary of your drive-by one line posting.

Work on it.

Xaanka
06-22-2016, 06:26 AM

sounds like where i'm living. rent became insanely inflated very quickly due to indians/pakis moving here for work, midwest bumfuck people being relocated for work, and chinese buying every bit of property they can get their hands on in order to take advantage of this. most of these peoples' rents are partially or fully paid by the companies they're working for so they don't care if they're getting ripped off, nor do the companies because the state subsidizes it in tax writeoffs. section 8 housing for people who make over 100k a year in essence.

chinaman bought everything here because they could rip off all the pakis and indians. same as any other place that's had a surge of paki/indian immigrants in the past decade, the chinese follow them buying up property. rent goes up 15-20% a year and it's now impossible to rent from anything but a chinaman or a leasing agency. they're all crooks who convert their homes into 10 bedroom apartments and illegally sublet them on craigslist. first+last month's rent isn't a thing anymore, it costs at least $10,000 to move into any house and most of it is nonrefundable. they never fix anything and if you're dumb enough to rent from one you'll probably end up having to sue them at some point. also none of them will rent to you if you have pets, ever.

i'm going to sound like a racist piece of shit but pretty much everyone here knows it's true. even the blue haired sjw bernie bois here know all the chinamen are money grubbing pieces of shit, if they've lived here longer than a few years.

rent still has plenty of room to continue to bubble and get insane, but the shitty part is that you literally can not rent from a private owner who's not chinese anymore. it's not an option, doesn't exist. i don't mean chinese the race, i mean an actual chinese citizen living in china.

also fuck paki 5am parking lot parties on week days. i'm convinced that india and pakistan only send the biggest piece of shit assholes over to america. at least that's what the ones who aren't assholes tell me.

Cypher.
06-22-2016, 10:44 AM
sounds like where i'm living. rent became insanely inflated very quickly due to indians/pakis moving here for work, midwest bumfuck people being relocated for work, and chinese buying every bit of property they can get their hands on in order to take advantage of this. most of these peoples' rents are partially or fully paid by the companies they're working for so they don't care if they're getting ripped off, nor do the companies because the state subsidizes it in tax writeoffs. section 8 housing for people who make over 100k a year in essence.

chinaman bought everything here because they could rip off all the pakis and indians. same as any other place that's had a surge of paki/indian immigrants in the past decade, the chinese follow them buying up property. rent goes up 15-20% a year and it's now impossible to rent from anything but a chinaman or a leasing agency. they're all crooks who convert their homes into 10 bedroom apartments and illegally sublet them on craigslist. first+last month's rent isn't a thing anymore, it costs at least $10,000 to move into any house and most of it is nonrefundable. they never fix anything and if you're dumb enough to rent from one you'll probably end up having to sue them at some point. also none of them will rent to you if you have pets, ever.

i'm going to sound like a racist piece of shit but pretty much everyone here knows it's true. even the blue haired sjw bernie bois here know all the chinamen are money grubbing pieces of shit, if they've lived here longer than a few years.

rent still has plenty of room to continue to bubble and get insane, but the shitty part is that you literally can not rent from a private owner who's not chinese anymore. it's not an option, doesn't exist. i don't mean chinese the race, i mean an actual chinese citizen living in china.

also fuck paki 5am parking lot parties on week days. i'm convinced that india and pakistan only send the biggest piece of shit assholes over to america. at least that's what the ones who aren't assholes tell me.

Bay Area?

My wife and I are leaving the Bay Area because we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of ever owning before we retire. Housing prices are just insane here due to the techies and their inflated salaries - I'm an engineer in a non-software related field and my salary doesn't even compare to those kids making phone apps. If we did leave our rent controlled apartment here, our rent would go up by at least 50%. When we get the hell outta dodge, we've been thinking Seattle first followed by Portland.

Swish
06-22-2016, 10:52 AM
I'm not even American but I know Portland isn't cheap..they have a better class of hobo though

sOurDieSel
06-22-2016, 11:17 AM
I'm not even American but I know Portland isn't cheap..they have a better class of hobo though

lol

Portland and Seattle are just about the two most expensive places to live in the PNW. Their are however jobs there. Hopefully you get a job on the outskirts of the city and not directly in the middle of that shit hole. You can find a nice place on the outskirts within a hours drive for a nice price. All cities have their problems.

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 05:03 PM
Bay Area?

My wife and I are leaving the Bay Area because we don't have a snowball's chance in hell of ever owning before we retire. Housing prices are just insane here due to the techies and their inflated salaries - I'm an engineer in a non-software related field and my salary doesn't even compare to those kids making phone apps. If we did leave our rent controlled apartment here, our rent would go up by at least 50%. When we get the hell outta dodge, we've been thinking Seattle first followed by Portland.

What is your rent right now in the Bay Area?

I am not in the Bay Area. Even at 2.1k rent there is no rent ceiling here, they reserve the right to increase rent by up to 15% a year (and sometimes exercise this right, its usually a 5-6% increase a year if they like you and you have been loyal. Other units get stuck with 15% hard increase non-negotiable) And I mean NON-NEGOTIABLE. Their counter offer will be a paltry -2% off the 15% and claim that other units smaller than yours are renting for double (or some ridiculous claim, in order to justify kicking your ass into the street)

So within 3 years of living (your average mid-level job lasts about 3 years in a given location), you can get hit with a nearly 70% increase on rent regardless of the jobs market, with no other change in conditions just because the landlord (usually a Chinese corporation) said they can squeeze as hard as possible.

Because those Sillicon salaries aren't just in Sillicon valley anymore and they are taking full advantage of it. We need a statewide rent ceiling law, should be able to increase no more than 10% a year and only under certain circumstances. It should really be hard capped at 5% but that'll never happen.

Oh the solution of course is more fucking Section 8 help and corporate subsidy on rent. I forgot.

Xaanka
06-22-2016, 05:08 PM
Bay Area?

Post is about the greater Seattle area and the eastside suburbs.

Sage Truthbearer
06-22-2016, 05:10 PM
There are scum landlords everywhere. Here in AZ I had to sue my former landlord to get back my security deposit that was illegally withheld from me. I won triple the original deposit back in small claims court, but it was still a huge pain in the ass to go through the process of legally requesting your deposit back and eventually serving them and going to court.

I thank Prexus that I'm now a home owner.

Xaanka
06-22-2016, 05:13 PM
There are scum landlords everywhere. Here in AZ I had to sue my former landlord to get back my security deposit that was illegally withheld from me. I won triple the original deposit back in small claims court, but it was still a huge pain in the ass to go through the process of legally requesting your deposit back and eventually serving them and going to court.

Problem with Seattle area is there's no good landlords anymore. Property values so inflated you'd have to be retarded to buy anything here, if you didn't 10 years ago you missed the boat.

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 05:17 PM

Being younger and not married/settled down makes the decision to buy a house (which is possible on a decent salary) impossible.

I had plenty of house money in my later mid 20's, I was advised to buy a property, didn't do it because I didn't want to be chained down to a certain area as a young guy. Also owning a house by yourself is very weird to me. I couldn't fathom it. I still can't process how I'd make that work even at 30.

And by the time you eventually warm up to the idea, the money is all gone. Spent on the single life.

Getting married early imparts a lot of health benefits I later realized, one of them being its easier to make fiscally sound decisions. I'd have 2 houses by now.

Sage Truthbearer
06-22-2016, 05:36 PM
I visited the Pacific Northwest for the first time last year (PDX, Seatle, Vancouver) and it was great, but it's hard to imagine a younger and middle class person like me being able to live there. I was just reading about how the average detached home in Vancouver has sky-rocketed to $2.23-million over the last couple years. My city may be desert shithole but at least it has a good economy and affordable housing.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 05:48 PM

OMG... AZ sucks fuck that shit.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 05:48 PM
lol

Portland and Seattle are just about the two most expensive places to live in the PNW. Their are however jobs there. Hopefully you get a job on the outskirts of the city and not directly in the middle of that shit hole. You can find a nice place on the outskirts within a hours drive for a nice price. All cities have their problems.

Not even close. Try Lajolla and Delmar

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 05:49 PM
OMG... AZ sucks fuck that shit.

There are like 2-3 really nice areas.

I can't remember them. One was like something Springs.

Also its got ASU bro...ASU has some of the top shelf girls in this country if you are in your 20's. Its won awards for it.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 05:52 PM
There are like 2-3 really nice areas.

I can't remember them. One was like something Springs.

Also its got ASU bro...ASU has some of the top shelf girls in this country if you are in your 20's. Its won awards for it.

Prob Phoenix or Flagstaff

BUM fuck YUMA is disgusting... LOL. I have to travel to AZ every summer to drop my child off to her mom for her time during the summer. She's moved from a few places. Now shes in disgusting YUMA - AKA " The Devils Asshole".

dafier
06-22-2016, 05:53 PM
Because the Beach rocks here. Party life is great. San Diego is the craft beer city , colleges out here are great, and we got Disneyland , Seaworld, Wild Animal Park , Zoo , Knotts Berry Farm , Universal Studios, Comic Con , and more...

So many better places to live? Perhaps some , but Southern Cali is a great place to live , IF you can afford it.

http://i.imgur.com/SR2uWro.jpg

Yess sir

Forgot to mention: You'll be in a car roughly 3 to 6 hours a day on average when you go, I don't know, ANYWHERE! HURRAY!!!!!

dafier
06-22-2016, 05:55 PM
Prob Phoenix or Flagstaff

BUM fuck YUMA is disgusting... LOL. I have to travel to AZ every summer to drop my child off to her mom for her time during the summer. She's moved from a few places. Now shes in disgusting YUMA - AKA " The Devils Asshole".

Personally unless you live outside of Tucson or Phoenix and in a high elevation area in Arizona, then you live in "The Devils Asshole". Arizona has some really pretty sites, Grand Canyon and more, but damn, it's not a place to live when it comes to the 2 main cities. Also, UofA and ASU have some hot chicks, yes, BUT they are mostly from out of state.

Believe it or not.

**Meant for Azz too**

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Forgot to mention: You'll be in a car roughly 3 to 6 hours a day on average when you go, I don't know, ANYWHERE! HURRAY!!!!!

Not true at all.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 05:57 PM
Personally unless you live outside of Tucson or Phoenix and in a high elevation area in Arizona, then you live in "The Devils Asshole". Arizona has some really pretty sites, Grand Canyon and more, but damn, it's not a place to live when it comes to the 2 main cities. Also, UofA and ASU have some hot chicks, yes, BUT they are mostly from out of state.

Believe it or not.

**Meant for Azz too**

I would agree. Course if you want a damn sexy girl who is great. Australia is where you go fishing. They love Americans

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 06:02 PM
I would agree. Course if you want a damn sexy girl who is great. Australia is where you go fishing. They love Americans

Ah yes you are familiar with the Australian look. Its like all the girls bred from the same gene pool. Love it. Total packages there. Smooth skin tone, C cups aplenty, and legs without cankles. You won't see an Australian girl with A cups and cankles

British genes with the ugly beat out of them through some kind of failed eugenics experiment (kicking all the bad seeds out of Britain to the Australian colony).

dafier
06-22-2016, 06:03 PM
Don't agree with the car response from you but...you just like anyone else is entitled to their own beliefs.

On a side note, if you are going to live in CA at all, I would say live in San Jose or San Fran. So Cal can be a vacation trip, BUT THAT'S ALL!

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 06:03 PM
Hey man that accent is damn sexy tho. English accent annoys the fuck out of me

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 06:04 PM
Don't agree with the car response from you but...you just like anyone else is entitled to their own beliefs.

On a side note, if you are going to live in CA at all, I would say live in San Jose or San Fran. So Cal can be a vacation trip, BUT THAT'S ALL!

I drive 20 minutes to work everyday. Across 2 freeways. Traffic isn't that bad , unless you on the five on a weekend or after 5 P.M, even then it's manageable. Course gas is expensive here, but every thing is. Socal weather is godly. 70 degrees in winter and people be freezing , hahah. So many things to do as well. I was in Laguna over the weekend, shit was beautiful

dafier
06-22-2016, 06:07 PM
http://i.imgur.com/EVOJ5SD.jpg

Australian for....UGHHhhhhhh

Xaanka
06-22-2016, 06:08 PM
I drive 20 minutes to work everyday. Across 2 freeways. Traffic isn't that bad , unless you on the five on a weekend or after 5 P.M, even then it's manageable. Course gas is expensive here, but every thing is. Socal weather is godly. 70 degrees in winter and people be freezing , hahah. So many things to do as well. I was in Laguna over the weekend, shit was beautiful

The air quality is so noticeably bad in socal, it's quite literally a jarring experience to get off the plane coming from Seattle.

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 06:09 PM
^ I still see many attractive features of Australian women present in that picture dafier, despite what you are trying to do there.

The skin tone is pure, the eyes and cheekbones are unquestionably Australian. Symmetry aside, and taking the ugliest picture you can find.

She is one breed away from being an Australian Zoey Deschanel.

Xaanka
06-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Low standards

dafier
06-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Low standards

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 06:24 PM
abstract assessment

He took the worst possible girl and worst possible example, I merely countered that even in Australia that still isn't as busted as the USA gets. You know this as well.

It has nothing to do with my own personal standards. More the fact that he has no idea how busted the USA gene pool can be, and that even the most busted Australian still has a few qualities to her.

My point stands.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 06:26 PM
The air quality is so noticeably bad in socal, it's quite literally a jarring experience to get off the plane coming from Seattle.

Probably La, def not SanDiego

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 06:26 PM
*wooosh*

u hear that dafier?

Xaanka
06-22-2016, 06:27 PM
Australian women are pretty gross I've never met an Australian who was in such denial.

maskedmelon
06-22-2016, 06:28 PM
I heard it and just picked up my phone to investigate.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 06:28 PM
He took the worst possible girl and worst possible example, I merely countered that even in Australia that still isn't as busted as the USA gets. You know this as well.

It has nothing to do with my own personal standards. More the fact that he has no idea how busted the USA gene pool can be, and that even the most busted Australian still has a few qualities to her.

My point stands.

I agree. Us gene pool is nasty, and it's going to take a millenium to fix.

Xaanka
06-22-2016, 06:34 PM
La air quality is the worst but I've flown into every major airport and most of the smaller ones in Cali, it's literally like breathing a cancer death cloud for the entire duration I'm in the state. You just can't experience this if you're conditioned to horrible air quality.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Lol there's a difference between air quality and humidity
southern California has so much water in the air if you aren't from here you gonna die. I won't refute that Cali air quality is bad , but San Diego probably not as bad. I will say though, when I go to other states my asthma acts up from the dryer air.

AzzarTheGod
06-22-2016, 06:47 PM
Australian women are pretty gross I've never met an Australian who was in such denial.

We'll press pause on this disagreement unless we are both going to provide illustrative examples. No sense boring everyone with "no u".

Word is ur getting a lot of prime cuts in the PACNW. I could have said ur biased but I didn't because this isn't about personal standards.

So you don't agree cankles and bad legs are an American phenomenon?? having trouble finding any of this in Australia.

Xaanka
06-23-2016, 12:26 AM
I visited the Pacific Northwest for the first time last year (PDX, Seatle, Vancouver) and it was great, but it's hard to imagine a younger and middle class person like me being able to live there. I was just reading about how the average detached home in Vancouver has sky-rocketed to $2.23-million over the last couple years. My city may be desert shithole but at least it has a good economy and affordable housing.

i have a few friends around my age on section 8 working construction or landscaping type stuff for cash under the table. unless you're a young it professional there aren't many other opportunities in the nw that pay enough to make up for the living expenses that continue bubbling with no end in sight. my friend's $0/mo section 8 house is legitimately nicer than my $2600/mo townhome. it's pretty obvious how fucked things are to me since i'm an avid hiker and i've seen the more accessible trailheads slowly grow from maybe 1 or 2 thru hikers camping to these 200-600 people tent cities full of normal middle class seattle natives who aren't drug addicts. white bread semi rural suburban city next to me has a median income of $97k and there's a tent city with about 500 people living in it + a few other small ones. thats not even the city lol.

lots of people just buying a discover pass, state forest pass and living out of campers/trailers too. costs them basically nothing as long as they move every couple days. i know some people at microsoft making $150-250k a year living this way, renting and property values are such a joke here.

Xaanka
06-23-2016, 12:38 AM
Word is ur getting a lot of prime cuts in the PACNW. I could have said ur biased but I didn't because this isn't about personal standards.

So you don't agree cankles and bad legs are an American phenomenon?? having trouble finding any of this in Australia.

i'm swimming in a sea of 10's here in the nw why would i care about some quasi english slags? i barely acknowledge that anything under a 9.3 is a human being. more worried about that complete package these days u feelers, just being hot isn't enough 2 get my attention these days.

http://i.imgur.com/k1umo0B.jpg

Cypher.
06-23-2016, 01:12 AM
What is your rent right now in the Bay Area?

I am not in the Bay Area. Even at 2.1k rent there is no rent ceiling here, they reserve the right to increase rent by up to 15% a year (and sometimes exercise this right, its usually a 5-6% increase a year if they like you and you have been loyal. Other units get stuck with 15% hard increase non-negotiable) And I mean NON-NEGOTIABLE. Their counter offer will be a paltry -2% off the 15% and claim that other units smaller than yours are renting for double (or some ridiculous claim, in order to justify kicking your ass into the street)

So within 3 years of living (your average mid-level job lasts about 3 years in a given location), you can get hit with a nearly 70% increase on rent regardless of the jobs market, with no other change in conditions just because the landlord (usually a Chinese corporation) said they can squeeze as hard as possible.

Because those Sillicon salaries aren't just in Sillicon valley anymore and they are taking full advantage of it. We need a statewide rent ceiling law, should be able to increase no more than 10% a year and only under certain circumstances. It should really be hard capped at 5% but that'll never happen.

Oh the solution of course is more fucking Section 8 help and corporate subsidy on rent. I forgot.

$1500/mo which is a STEAL, all things considered. However, along with my fairly low rent also comes:

1. Living in a shitty, worn-down 500sqft with no dishwaster or washer/dryer.
2. My wife getting harassed by the unemployed thugs whenever she goes out during the day.
3. The next step up for a reasonable place being ~$2200/mo.

This apartment was originally supposed to be a stop-gap until we found something better but I just can't swallow paying an additional $700/mo for a marginal benefit in new housing. By comparison, I was able to find a few apartments at a comparable price up in Seattle that are ~700 sqft, lots more kitchen space, dishwasher, and washer/dryer in the unit. The added benefit too is that my (Canadian) wife will be closer to home.

I haven't had a rent increase thankfully (my landlord is a bit of a newbie...) but I constantly hear about it from other folks though that's mostly in SF and not so much down here in the south bay. My understanding around here is that alot of the properties are being bought by foreign investors with a sizable portion of that group being wealthy Chinese laundering money out of China.

I think some statewide rent control would be a net positive plus I would also be down for enacting some legislation to at least give preferential treatment to citizens/permanent residents in purchasing and renting property as I feel these are the folks who are going to stick around and build communities. Nothing too outlandish so as not to completely discourage foreign nationals from coming here but enough so that those who are sticking around can at least get some decent housing.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-23-2016, 01:21 AM
Another viable stray I'm considering at 90k a year is : Buying a mobile/trailer home around 75k and parking it at the beach trailer communities. Lot cost is like 600 a month. Seriously seems like a good option. The mobile home I'm looking at is 1800 square feet , so its pretty good size.I'd still live in Southern California just fine this way and have reduced expenses. Therefore I could invest more

Xaanka
06-23-2016, 02:00 AM
i spent a winter in a mobile home parked in long beach, it was pretty kush never really even needed to turn the heat on. never really moved into it because i was just taking a long vacation, but that shit easily could have been home if my stuff was there.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-23-2016, 02:52 AM
i spent a winter in a mobile home parked in long beach, it was pretty kush never really even needed to turn the heat on. never really moved into it because i was just taking a long vacation, but that shit easily could have been home if my stuff was there.

Word. Dated a girl that had the same setup.

Xaanka
06-23-2016, 03:28 AM
off grid living p cool too as long as u arent a crazy doomsday prepper about it

dafier
06-23-2016, 02:39 PM
Speaking about the NW, I'd fall in to that Microsoft category previously posted. I mean, I wouldn't live in the forest in trailers or what not, but I'd be there making ~about that money.

I do have a personal choice where I could just quit everything and live off of gov peanut butter, but I don't want that for my family. I'd rather show work ethic and not live in the slum or forest slum or whatever those tree hugging hippies consider themselves.

To clarify, even though they make work and make awesome money but choose to live in the slum, or what I am calling slum is their choice, not mine.

I personally like camping with tents and no tents under the stars, but living like that and working in an office environment, just not for me.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-23-2016, 03:03 PM
Speaking about the NW, I'd fall in to that Microsoft category previously posted. I mean, I wouldn't live in the forest in trailers or what not, but I'd be there making ~about that money.

I do have a personal choice where I could just quit everything and live off of gov peanut butter, but I don't want that for my family. I'd rather show work ethic and not live in the slum or forest slum or whatever those tree hugging hippies consider themselves.

To clarify, even though they make work and make awesome money but choose to live in the slum, or what I am calling slum is their choice, not mine.

I personally like camping with tents and no tents under the stars, but living like that and working in an office environment, just not for me.

Word. My job is an office job. I can't imagine being in a trailer out in the Styx. Especially since I got a 8 year old to take care of. I'd consider moving out of Cali ,but the colleges down here are nice and affordable. Let alone my daughters mother lives in Az, and the farther I'm away the more travel I'd have to do during the summer ,so she can see her. Course I imagine her mother will screw up again soon and loose all rights to her. It was incredibly hard to attain full custody since the court was in AZ, a state that favors woman more so than California. Even with four felony charges of child abuse (guilty plea to a misdemeanor) the stupid judge still gave her visitation rights un-supervised. Republican states are the worst for custody issues IMO. Unless your a female, you got it made in red states

dafier
06-23-2016, 03:26 PM
Word. My job is an office job. I can't imagine being in a trailer out in the Styx. Especially since I got a 8 year old to take care of. I'd consider moving out of Cali ,but the colleges down here are nice and affordable. Let alone my daughters mother lives in Az, and the farther I'm away the more travel I'd have to do during the summer ,so she can see her. Course I imagine her mother will screw up again soon and loose all rights to her. It was incredibly hard to attain full custody since the court was in AZ, a state that favors woman more so than California. Even with four felony charges of child abuse (guilty plea to a misdemeanor) the stupid judge still gave her visitation rights un-supervised. Republican states are the worst for custody issues IMO. Unless your a female, you got it made in red states

FL is bad too. Fortunately I don't have that experience but I know a few guys and all I have to say about AZ is if you have a dingy between your legs, you are getting screwed NO MATTER WHAT! Just like what you said. It's very stupid.

CA isn't a bad place. If I were to move there, and I did ask my wife if she wants to go back, I would move to San Jose and make 250 minimum, or NOT live there at all.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything works out for your future. OH, my wife graduated from ...the...what the hell is it called? San Jose University, anyway, she got a BA in Child Development. And from what she said, CA has some really nice Universities all over the state. So, I understand what you are saying there.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-23-2016, 03:35 PM
FL is bad too. Fortunately I don't have that experience but I know a few guys and all I have to say about AZ is if you have a dingy between your legs, you are getting screwed NO MATTER WHAT! Just like what you said. It's very stupid.

CA isn't a bad place. If I were to move there, and I did ask my wife if she wants to go back, I would move to San Jose and make 250 minimum, or NOT live there at all.

Sorry to hear about your situation. I hope everything works out for your future. OH, my wife graduated from ...the...what the hell is it called? San Jose University, anyway, she got a BA in Child Development. And from what she said, CA has some really nice Universities all over the state. So, I understand what you are saying there.

Yeah CA schools are very affordable surprisingly. I am in school full time currently and working full time. I Really don't see to many other options for me to move until I am out of school and see where my daughters mother ends up.