PDA

View Full Version : Ip Exemption, question, maybe?

Ragain
06-12-2016, 01:13 PM
My mother has seen me playing and she played when Kunark first came out as in interested in playing. However we don't have normal internet due to our location and we use the internet on our phones. We are both 2 separate plans, but are both verizon wireless. What's my IP says we have 2 different addresses, but are similar I assume due to the same provider. Now I have put in a IP exemption request to be safe, since we are in the same household, but really do I need it? There are so many scenarios where we are not even close to each other/household what not, but would still have the same IP addresses we have now.

Honestly don't know what the point of this is. 2 people want to play together, and sometimes are in the same house and not, but are technically on different, but similar Internet connections.

Thulack
06-12-2016, 01:22 PM
No you would not need it. Each of your phones has their own IP address.

Muggens
06-12-2016, 02:29 PM
You are playing EQ with your mother?

Swish
06-12-2016, 02:43 PM
Does she like to play a priest class by any chance?

Make an application in the petition subforum :)

mr_jon3s
06-12-2016, 03:35 PM
If you can both log in at the same time I don't think you need to worry about it. Just don't 2 box and nothing bad will happen. This includes just loggin on both accounts for a second to transfer items, rez yourself, buff yourself, and other stuff.

Sodors Finest Poster
06-13-2016, 07:53 AM
Its always interesting to see EQ span generations in families.

syztem
06-13-2016, 08:22 AM
I remember many ppl on live esp early on in classic and velious era where entire families played together, sometimes husband/wife other times parent or parents and one kid or more.

Swish
06-13-2016, 10:40 AM
I remember many ppl on live esp early on in classic and velious era where entire families played together, sometimes husband/wife other times parent or parents and one kid or more.

yeah definitely moreso than now.

Thulack
06-13-2016, 11:22 AM

Stepdad brought EQ home in August of 99. Him, My mom, Me(16) and my little brother(8) all played together taking turns on 2 accounts and 2 pc's.

Faddisaction
06-13-2016, 03:30 PM
My wife and I used to play together. We are just waiting for an IP Exemption to play together again. I also got my son and daughter into EQ. Now with a new baby boy on the way due late July I intend to get him involved in EQ as well. Just a nice family of gaming nerds. :P

Me (47) Wife (26) Son (26) Daughter (25) and new arrival still baking in the oven.

Trungep99
06-13-2016, 03:48 PM
on live i knew someone who played with their identicle twin brother, but instead of two accounts they both owned one account and shared the shame character. thus the character never logged off and was always doing something to progress.

Thulack
06-13-2016, 04:23 PM
My wife and I used to play together. We are just waiting for an IP Exemption to play together again. I also got my son and daughter into EQ. Now with a new baby boy on the way due late July I intend to get him involved in EQ as well. Just a nice family of gaming nerds. :P

Me (47) Wife (26) Son (26) Daughter (25) and new arrival still baking in the oven.

Grats on the wife as old as your daughter. Just make sure your son doesnt try anything funny :P

Shan99
06-13-2016, 04:53 PM
My husband and I kept 5 eq accounts active for several years so we could play as a family with our three children. Our oldest daughter met her husband on the Dandolak. All of our children have moved out but because of P99 we are playing as a family still.

Swish
06-13-2016, 06:35 PM
All of our children have moved out but because of P99 we are playing as a family still.

<3

How awesome is that? :)

Faddisaction
06-13-2016, 06:38 PM
Your daughter hot, single, like to mingle?

PM me some pics if you looking to marry her off. Dowry can be small, couple of computers, and a goat should do.

LoL sorry bro she is married and has 2 children.

Faddisaction
06-13-2016, 06:40 PM
Grats on the wife as old as your daughter. Just make sure your son doesnt try anything funny :P

Oh no worries there. My wife likes older men. She thinks the ones her age are too immature...which still makes me wonder why she married me. :p

Besides my son is a military man now and my wife doesn't like military men. She apparently prefers old musicians. Lucky for me eh? :D

PL_Barton
07-06-2016, 04:14 PM
Anyone know how long the IP exemptions generally take? I just started back up a few days ago and surprisingly enough I've managed to convince my wife to play.

Ragain
07-11-2016, 11:49 AM
Anyone know how long the IP exemptions generally take? I just started back up a few days ago and surprisingly enough I've managed to convince my wife to play.

Few weeks, month. I'm still waiting on mine.

Faddisaction
07-11-2016, 03:15 PM

Congrats on convincing your wife to play. :) As far as how long it takes I have no idea....I've been waiting more than a month...nearing 2 months now. I too want the IP Exemption so my wife and I can play together. I haven't been playing because my wife doesn't want my toons to get too much ahead of hers. So I have to wait until this exemption goes through before I can play again. :( I do hope they get to yours quicker than they are getting to mine. I have been told it can take anywhere from a few weeks to 3 months though. Best of luck.

Thulack
07-11-2016, 03:57 PM
Congrats on convincing your wife to play. :) As far as how long it takes I have no idea....I've been waiting more than a month...nearing 2 months now. I too want the IP Exemption so my wife and I can play together. I haven't been playing because my wife doesn't want my toons to get too much ahead of hers. So I have to wait until this exemption goes through before I can play again. :( I do hope they get to yours quicker than they are getting to mine. I have been told it can take anywhere from a few weeks to 3 months though. Best of luck.

You havent been bumping the posts correct? Have you checked to make sure you dont have the exemption yet?

Faddisaction
07-11-2016, 08:27 PM
You havent been bumping the posts correct? Have you checked to make sure you dont have the exemption yet?

I bumped it once after it had been over a month. And yes I have checked to no avail. :(