PDA

View Full Version : Where dey at dough?

NuckyThompson
06-11-2016, 04:28 PM
So, after returning from a long hiatus (ok lets be honest I lost my job) I'm happy to take my vowes for the watch, go to Velious and make love with the wildlings therein.

However, it becomes more and more clear to me that most of the time when i'm looking for group...... everyone is soloing. Everyone..... Including the melees in their tunics (which... is... certainly not me).

I will /lfg. Then ask others. And unlesst hey are in guk I will get the same answer... "logging off soon sorry, can't group" - and then proceed to grind for an hour. Nothing against Shamans with Granite Face Grinders at lvl 15... or whatever.... I just thought EQ was a different game.

I've played p99 for a long time... 4 years in and out. I miss those days, when it wasnt a rush to 50 so we can raid raid raid... and everyone settled to just stay in LOIO, Karanas and Oasis where they would solo. I guess Netflix could be a contributing factor... easy to solo when your mind is on something else XD

Miss the adventures. Getting smacked by high lvl names that I never knew existed. Wish more groups were open to adventuring like this. And grow a pair.

The End.

MammothMafia
06-11-2016, 06:37 PM
to vague. where are you trying to exp? what lvl? let us help.
shouldnt be a problem finding a group in the zones where people are grouping. sounds like you are in solo spots trying to get solo artists to let you leach.

Tecmos Deception
06-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Grow a pair? Says the guy who needs to post because other people aren't playing the way that facilitates what he wants?

I know what you're saying though. Just between twinkage and lots of people already having had their fill of PUGs over the last several years and different RL schedules than we had on live and better knowledge of camps/mechanics... you end up with more solo and less group.

Swish
06-11-2016, 11:22 PM
OP the closest thing you're going to get to 2011 P99 is to start on the red server. I'll get shouted down for it but it really is the most authentic experience to see people in the 30s-40s in bronze armor and low end weapons.

Join <Thunderdome> and they will help you get started and help with finding groups for sure.

Give it some thought at least.

Pokesan
06-11-2016, 11:55 PM
sounds like OP got cucked

Daywolf
06-12-2016, 01:33 AM
Delete your ranger, reroll a strong group class, hit popular low lvl group spots, build a friends list as you advance. End of problem.
btw I see groups most everywhere.

Tecmos Deception
06-12-2016, 07:59 AM
OP really should consider making a pre-arranged leveling group. Make it no twinking and you don't have to worry about the other people not wanting to play nice with you and you can leave the boring, outdoor zones alone, etc.

I agree with swish that IN WAYS red has a more authentic experience than blue. People are more willing to group up and the twinking isn't severe. But in ways it's a lot less authentic too. Huge xp bonus, tiny population, among other things.

silo32
06-12-2016, 08:10 AM
OP the closest thing you're going to get to 2011 P99 is to start on the red server. I'll get shouted down for it but it really is the most authentic experience to see people in the 30s-40s in bronze armor and low end weapons.

Join <Thunderdome> and they will help you get started and help with finding groups for sure.

Give it some thought at least.

this the experience you seek is on red

its as close to your paragraph as you can get

you wont find it on blue sorry, its still alive and thriving

even the fungi twinks would rather group (due to how the xp bonus works) on red than solo, on avg you can find 3 fungi's in a group and sometimes just bronze its so random come sign up today

Swish
06-12-2016, 08:47 AM
In Unrest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_q-hioGkU

On blue you tend to find a twinked group with a fungi tunic soloer pulling stuff around them.

Tecmos Deception
06-12-2016, 08:58 AM
even the fungi twinks would rather group (due to how the xp bonus works) on red than solo, on avg you can find 3 fungi's in a group and sometimes just bronze its so random come sign up today

Well THAT sounds classic AF, huh?

you wont find it on blue sorry, its still alive and thriving

You can totally find untwinked leveling groups on blue. Especially groups that average fewer than 3 fungis.

I admitted red is better than blue in ways for the "classic leveling experience" ... but it's also worse in ways.

beel
06-12-2016, 09:17 AM
In Unrest: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq_q-hioGkU

Hah! Awesome! I'm Undo in that group. Still remember that, tons of fun.

Teppler
06-12-2016, 09:39 AM
Try getting someone to duo Sirens Grotto at 60. That's the real end game challenge for this server imo. Not even playing the zone. Just trying to get someone to duo it with you is the challenge.