PDA

View Full Version : Looking for guild with specific raid times

Curmudgen
12-30-2010, 07:41 PM
Looking to join a guild. Would like to raid, but I have very set in stone kinda times to play.

Sat-Sun: 12:30-3:30 CST, 8:30pm-11:30pm CST
Mon-Fr: 8:30pm-11:30pm CST

I have not set on a main at the moment. I am leveling up three characters in spurts to stay near each other. I have a 20 troll Shaman, 20 Dark Elf magician, and a 23 Human Necro. I think at the moment I prefer the shaman or necro as I hate slow mana regeneration.

Looking to find what guilds have compatible playtimes. For some reason the CST times are making it hard.

Thanks for the replies in advance. In game names are Gruffalo ( shaman ), Vitiro ( mage ), and Voos ( Necromancer ). For awhile I should be on the shaman as I am planning to get him to 24 and then get the Mage up as well.

Crone
12-30-2010, 08:23 PM
I admire your request to find a guild that matches your playtimes, however, this server does not cater well to set raid times unfortunately. This is due to the random spawn variance raid targets have. They could spawn + or - 12 hours (I think? or is it 8 or 24?).

A public raid was once setup that had set times, and other guilds would simply move into the zone prior to those set times, leaving the public raid with nothing. Hard to raid when other guilds have cleared out everything.

So there may end up being a guild that will do things around your play times, but it will be very hard to raid around those times.

I suggest getting your toons to a raid ready level (level 46+) and then seeing what guilds are around then. Chances are things will have changed by then.

Good luck!

Fourthmeal
12-30-2010, 08:44 PM
sounds like Peace Pipe is the guild for you!

Curmudgen
12-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Those are all valid pieces of information. I suppose you are right and it's best to level up and see lay of the land at that point.

One thing to be specific about though. Looking at my post I suppose it could be read that I am looking for exactness. For anyone else that may peruse this I am looking for guild times that are approximate to those times. Really put them out there so I could eliminate starting times of 5pm CST or things like that.

Thanks again for the responses!

Chanus
12-30-2010, 10:45 PM
I think the point is that there aren't really a ton of raid targets that would enable guilds to say, "We raid at this time" because of the variance.

So like, what you really need to find is a guild that raids but doesn't mind you only being able to attend if the raid happens while you are able to play.

Curmudgen
12-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Yes, you said what I was trying to convey!

Mardur
12-31-2010, 08:46 PM
Pantheon has no attendance requirements as long as applicants understand that the gear they receive will reflect their commitment.