PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck suspended

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 02:36 PM
"SiriusXM encourages a diversity of discourse and opinion on our talk programs. However, comments recently made by a guest on the independently produced Glenn Beck Program, in our judgement, may be reasonably construed by some to have been advocating harm against an individual currently running for office, which we cannot and will not condone. For that reason, we have suspended The Glenn Beck Program from our Patriot channel for the coming week and are evaluating its place in our lineup going forward. SiriusXM is committed to a spirited, robust, yet responsible political conversation and believes this action reflects those values."
http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2016/05/31/siriusxm-announces-suspension-glenn-beck-brad-thor-interview-comments/

Basically this low-life loser implying for the assassination of the Don ...once again. He's been a big aggregator of the #neverTrump thing. The guy's media empire has been crumbling over all the cray-cray coming from his lips this past year. His fanatical worship of Cruz, as his anointed mormon messiah he made him out to be. Then to heading to a FB meeting on the behalf of all "conservatives" for a photo-op with Zuckerburg's lip stamped butt, and declare the harsh censorship of conservatives as no big deal. I suppose SiriusXM took it to heart, no censorship goin on there ;)

Note to Pok3&: here ya go (https://youtu.be/sJg3Oh-XDgI?t=70), bud, before you request.

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 02:56 PM
I like Glenn Beck

I guess Glenn doesn't exactly have a right to work for Sirius XM and has to find a new employer.
Wat?? lol

Pokesan
06-05-2016, 03:02 PM
it was a false flag

Pokesan
06-05-2016, 03:05 PM
[I]
Note to Pok3&: here ya go (https://youtu.be/sJg3Oh-XDgI?t=70), bud, before you request.

oh yeah? same video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJg3Oh-XDgI&t=4m58s

you get your news from a home shopping network knockoff

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 03:06 PM
When did SiriusXM become an employer? it's just the major satellite radio service. It's like the FB ghetto of digital radio. Me thinks you are just trollings, no idea who the guy even is or what talk radio is for that matter. You do anything to get your post count up :rolleyes:

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 03:11 PM
oh yeah? same video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJg3Oh-XDgI&t=4m58s

you get your news from a home shopping network knockoff
uh-oh, anti-capitalist alert :D
Maybe one day the state will own everything like they ought ;)
I was actually thinking false-drag, but there was a tear in the hem.

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 04:17 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0800289/?ref_=ttpl_ql

His prior work lol I use to watch it :D

I don't know any details on his now recent former contract with Sirius XM. If I had Sirius XM I probably would have enjoyed his show on occasion.
He's on radio every day... even streaming, been for over a decade I think. I know - I need to change the station every day when he comes on. He like saturates every conservative talk radio station, or use to.
Must I explain it to you? Radio frequency (RF) is any of the electromagnetic wave frequencies that are invisible and travels through the... ah nm.

LGraves
06-05-2016, 04:54 PM
Suspended from XM... uh you do know that he has is own radio network right? (The Blaze) And is on daily from 9am - 12pm on local radio. I haven't listened to Seious XM since it was free on Airtran flights.

AzzarTheGod
06-05-2016, 05:18 PM
Suspended from XM... uh you do know that he has is own radio network right? (The Blaze) And is on daily from 9am - 12pm on local radio. I haven't listened to Seious XM since it was free on Airtran flights.

even the junk hiphop stations on Sirius XM do 30,000,000 listeners on a weekend night (I have hard numbers), say Saturday for example. Satellite is his main platform. This post strikes me as a bit out of touch with modern times.

Maybe you need to think more about that before.

its a huge suspension and his main breadwinner.

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 05:19 PM
50 shades of redneck and a gay guy who's in the club scene, both shows A+ and totally different, stimulating, though a lot of teeneybopper drama or grumpy oldman cane stick.wut? not even in the tunein radio database, and they list everything even if not streamed. Some pirate radio FM trash? Or some long dead yousnoob channel? meh

Clyde Lewis, John B. Wells, Art Bell, David Knight, from my short list of right wing outcasts on AM talk. Radio...
Other stuff, but I like outcasts best.

AzzarTheGod
06-05-2016, 05:21 PM
For the record I know Sirius XM because I have had it in my home and car for a decade.

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 05:36 PM
30+ years with AM band running here. Have even built AM radios from parts (not kits but from scratch). Better than most TV crud, especially these days.

AzzarTheGod
06-05-2016, 05:37 PM
I'm just not obsessed with it, of the.... 4-5 hrs tops i might hear the radio a week I just turn on whatever feels interesting/good. A lot of times it's just young pop music that's bright and happy or about love and broken hearts.

I don't do any alternative jibber jabber music either. A friend was linking me these underground songs with allegedly "deep" lyrical content, and it was all over complicated irrelevant schizo garbage. Especially underground hiphop, Its just a complete waste of time because the themes aren't relevant to real life and the real world.

Even being familiar with the art form, after a few years I had to start calling most underground what it is-- garbage.

Daywolf
06-05-2016, 06:13 PM
even the junk hiphop stations on Sirius XM do 30,000,000 listeners on a weekend night (I have hard numbers), say Saturday for example. Satellite is his main platform.
Yeah I wonder how much of his listener numbers have dropped there, that they would suspend him over an agreement of an innuendo made by someone else (scripted or not).

Like in that vid, Jones mentioning goldman sachs bought it up, pushed out many of the popular libertarian shows. Beck has taken a lot of heat, lost viewers/listeners from what I've heard, over recent months. Maybe made it easier to force him out now by the new management, like they have been doing to others. At least for a week, though somehow I'm expecting him to kick back and make things worse, especially if his listeners have actually been dropping there. Yep, big money.

Chaboo_Cleric
06-06-2016, 11:50 AM
It doesn't matter what Glen Beck said. If his ratings are low he will get shit canned for any reason. Guy is a real piece of work , if you ask me. Between him and Bill Oreily , they both are gross.

Villide
06-06-2016, 11:53 AM
Gee, radio personality gets suspended for controversial opinion. Never seen that happen before.

Daywolf
06-06-2016, 12:08 PM
Gee, radio personality gets suspended for controversial opinion. Never seen that happen before.
Well yeah the liberals come and go a lot, but a lot of the established conservative radio personalities run 20+ years. And in the conservative talk radio end of things, which is big business for talk radio in general, Beck has been in serious controversy all this year.

Not only is this news pretty big, but it's really-really ironic, since his recent dealings just weeks ago with Zuckerberg and the FB censoring of conservatives issue, where he basically went for a photo op and pras unto the Zuckerberg.

sOurDieSel
06-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Too bad Glenn Beck isn't as devout as he claims to be and preemptively ended his laughable 'hunger strike' which was about as real as Jonathan Butler's.

Villide
06-06-2016, 01:55 PM
Well yeah the liberals come and go a lot, but a lot of the established conservative radio personalities run 20+ years. And in the conservative talk radio end of things, which is big business for talk radio in general, Beck has been in serious controversy all this year.

Not only is this news pretty big, but it's really-really ironic, since his recent dealings just weeks ago with Zuckerberg and the FB censoring of conservatives issue, where he basically went for a photo op and pras unto the Zuckerberg.
I'm not speaking of guys losing their jobs, I'm speaking of radio personalities getting a week off, and then getting a bump in listeners when they return.

"Suspending" radio personalities as PR goes back decades. The only thing that really matters is how many advertisers he's running off.

Blitzers
06-06-2016, 01:57 PM
even the junk hiphop stations on Sirius XM do 30,000,000 listeners on a weekend night (I have hard numbers), say Saturday for example. Satellite is his main platform. This post strikes me as a bit out of touch with modern times.

Maybe you need to think more about that before.

its a huge suspension and his main breadwinner.

Actually Beck planned vacation that week and started the Friday before, he planned having fill in hosts for the whole week. It's not his main breadwinner or even close. He made his money off his CNN & FOX days. Now he's trying to fund his own channel with those proceeds and whatever the monthly subscription to the Blaze gets him. Siriusxm has no money whatsoever most shows on there don't pay squat and outside Of Stern they have ZERO capital to hire anyone worth a damn. I wouldn't be surprised if Beck was probono and was just trying to get his message out.