PDA

View Full Version : Can I report this to a gm?

snergle
06-02-2016, 07:05 PM
I duo in bm a lot with a necro. Some asshole has been spawning absurd amounts of trap mobs including some that are see invis then clogging the water tunnel with them. Oh well I have to calm anyone I group with through bottom. Now the person has blocked off all 3 entrances to spiders with 5ish shards and 1 large shard making it effectively impossible for a non enchanter to stroll into bm. I don't know who is doing it but I assume gms can check the logs of those mobs.

Swish
06-02-2016, 07:08 PM
Sounds like zone disruption, put a petition in .

Trungep99
06-03-2016, 09:24 AM
it is all a matter of intent i believe. if they wanted to do it just to disrupt the zone & you know that is the reason then it might be reportable. If it was for some other reason then possibly not.

snergle
06-03-2016, 01:01 PM
Well I don't even know who to report. I had to gather them all up and cap just so I could bring a couple trio partners into bm. I'll petition and hope the gm just depops them.

Cecily
06-03-2016, 01:12 PM
You could try... fighting the mobs.

snergle
06-03-2016, 01:29 PM
It would of been possible but tedious and my group would of had to wait while I solo'd. I found it faster to just train them to an out of the way spot and cap but in doing so I made it so I probably can't solo it.

Troxx
06-03-2016, 01:32 PM
You could try... fighting the mobs.

shit's classic

if you can't gimp yourself to BM camp ... fight your way in!

snergle
06-03-2016, 01:41 PM
Also you two are missing the point. Someone is spawning traps near mother and dragging them into spots so that non enchanter groups have a hard time getting to bm. If you're familiar with the area down there. There was 4-5 small shards and 1 large shard in agro range of jeleks room so you would go up the ramp to the room outside jelek and get swarmed. As well as an equal amount in the water fall part way up. Remember these mobs dont go back to their spawn point ever So a fd puller wont split them and because they are in one tight death ball calm wont work. It's possible to kill them but like I said its tedious work. If a gm tells me no I'll probably head in there and attempt to clean it up. But this is obviously the work of an enchanter trying to troll non enchanters.

Trungep99
06-03-2016, 02:23 PM
a few easy steps to split up the spikes.

First: bind someone at zone in.
Second: agro the spikes that dont path back
third: hit gate fast or have a TL box to bind open.

After they chase you for a little bit zone out so you can abandon them somewhere safe in the zone. I just dont know how they would path from BM to zone in. so either they would run towards Lower Dogs or they would go past the castle; so you may need a hidden scout to tell you when to drop the train so you wont hurt any players in the zone.

another option is to bind somewhere that no one travels often such as in the castle. and have a TL box to another zone ready.

iruinedyourday
06-03-2016, 03:34 PM
This is how you win at everquest and is classic as fuck sure you can petition it, but I think you're a failure at everquest for thinking it is an exploit

snergle
06-04-2016, 11:25 AM
I don't think its an exploit its pretty cleaver mechanic to keep people out of brood mother but I think denis leary wrote a song about him.

Doctor Jeff
06-04-2016, 11:36 AM
I agree with Snergle, this is a clever use of game mechanics and nothing more.