PDA

View Full Version : Game Mechanics: Feign Death

Witness
01-28-2010, 01:57 PM
In classic all the way through Velious I am 100% sure you could sell while FD. Is there a reason this isn't working on this server?

The Situation
01-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Evidence? Proof? Anything more than just your 100% assurance?

Shaun421
01-28-2010, 02:17 PM
Clearly, he was a Witness to these occurances.

drplump
01-28-2010, 02:18 PM
http://eq.stratics.com/content/statistics/faction/

Monks - Sneak, Feign Death. Sneak works the same as for rogues, Feign death will also raise your faction to indifferent, but I've heard they may be changing this.

Witness
01-28-2010, 02:42 PM
http://eq.stratics.com/content/statistics/faction/

Monks - Sneak, Feign Death. Sneak works the same as for rogues, Feign death will also raise your faction to indifferent, but I've heard they may be changing this.

TY for the proof, I thought this was a widely known tool so neglected to post proof. There it is though ^^

guineapig
01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
So wait, is the question about the faction? Or about being able to sell while FD?

Is FD treated like sitting or medding on this server?

Witness
01-28-2010, 02:51 PM
So wait, is the question about the faction? Or about being able to sell while FD?

Is FD treated like sitting or medding on this server?

I'm not sure what you're asking lol. In classic through velious you could FD near a scowling merchant, which makes you indifferent, and you could sell. On this server when you try it says you are unable to perform this at this time or something similar.

guineapig
01-28-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm not sure what you're asking lol. In classic through velious you could FD near a scowling merchant, which makes you indifferent, and you could sell. On this server when you try it says you are unable to perform this at this time or something similar.

What I mean is that going from scowling to indif is not the same as being able to sell to the merchant.

I can use troll illusion and sit down next to a troll merchant and he wont bother me..... But until I stand up I cant sell to him.

So I'm just wondering if FD is treated like sitting in these situations.

Witness
01-28-2010, 02:57 PM
What I mean is that going from scowling to indif is not the same as being able to sell to the merchant.

I can use troll illusion and sit down next to a troll merchant and he wont bother me..... But until I stand up I cant sell to him.

again, I'm still not sure what you are talking about. The issue is not the faction of the mob.

All I'm saying is in classic you could FD and sell to a merchant that you otherwise couldn't sell to. That's all that I'm talking about :)

Edit: It seems FD IS being treated like sitting atm, which is incorrect. You should not be able to regen mana like you are sitting (I'm not sure if you do) and you SHOULD be able to sell to a merchant.

guineapig
01-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Edit: It seems FD IS being treated like sitting atm, which is incorrect. You should not be able to regen mana like you are sitting (I'm not sure if you do) and you SHOULD be able to sell to a merchant.

The big difference (from a caster point of view), is that if you open the vendor window first, you can sit down while selling but you can't open the vendor window while sitting. I should have been more specific.

Maybe it's just that you should be able to keep the vendor window open while FD? But you have to open the vendor window before you FD? This is where faction would come in to play.

This can easily be done with a friendly vendor but with a scowling vendor you can't get the window open till you are indif and you can't be indif till you fd..... you get the idea.

(I admit this is sounding very confusing)

guineapig
01-28-2010, 03:11 PM
In short, you need to have good enough faction to get the vendor window open... AND
you need to be standing to open the vendor window.

So FD is currently not enough to cover both bases according to those prerequisites. I'm pretty sure the rules were the same on live, it's been a long time though.

Witness
01-28-2010, 03:13 PM
Maybe it's just that you should be able to keep the vendor window open while FD? But you have to open the vendor window before you FD? This is wheer faction would come in to play.

Man I don't know why you keep saying all this weird stuff lol.

This is all I am talking about.

This is how classic was:
1. go near unfriendly merchant that will not sell to you
2. FD
3. OPEN trade window
4. sell all your items
5. leave

so no you did not have to open the vendor window before FD..Someone other then guinea please respond to this thread.

guineapig
01-28-2010, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I was only trying to help.

This might help you

http://monklybusiness43508.yuku.com/forum/viewtopic/id/681

The site basically includes everything monk related. If you can't the evidence in here then I don't know.

http://www.monkly-business.net/forums/showthread.php?t=8962

(I was unable to find anything to support your claim, sorry.)

messiah_b
01-28-2010, 05:17 PM
Witness pretty sure that this is because on this server the feign death state is identical to sitting for game purposes as you stated before. Should be easy to confirm how many HP's do you regen while fd? Perhaps a necro can confirm if they get med rates while on the floor.

Yoite
01-28-2010, 05:54 PM
mana regen is completely shit while FD. Takes 45-60mins to med to full while FD. HP regen is pretty bad too but not near as bad as the mana.

drplump
01-28-2010, 09:32 PM
FD regen is correct for mana and HP (a little more than standing and less than sitting). The only thing that is incorrect is the sit state. I am thinking this is a new client side prevention is there a /command to sell maybe that would work. Perhaps add a #sell command. I know this was fixed on live and the devs said that it would be hard to fix here it could be because client treats you as sitting now.

GM-Secrets has an older client maybe he can run some test!

LazyFuj
02-08-2010, 11:03 PM
any word on this fix?