PDA

View Full Version : Case for a pvp teams server

Swish
05-12-2016, 12:18 PM
I think it would be fun and I'd play.

Raid problems wont go away on blue servers, they sort themselves out on pvp servers.

Just thinking of the staff, thanks for reading.

<3

xKoopa
05-12-2016, 12:28 PM
How about a rallos server? Was best ruleset imo and it was the most popular as well wasnt it? Not sure if sz or rz had bigger population but sz was always lame for me (high lvls constantly griefing etc)

leftharted
05-12-2016, 12:48 PM
id probably enjoy some R.P. on a true pvp team evil vs. good server in this era.

Atmas
05-12-2016, 12:52 PM
I liked race teams, TZ rule set. PvP went forever on TZ between the major guilds. It sounded like it died away on other servers.

Tewaz
05-12-2016, 12:54 PM
Do it. There are a ton of negatives and positives. Just pull the trigger.

Swish
05-12-2016, 05:48 PM
How about a rallos server? Was best ruleset imo and it was the most popular as well wasnt it? Not sure if sz or rz had bigger population but sz was always lame for me (high lvls constantly griefing etc)

From what I've read (never played on it), SZ was the least popular.

Izmael
05-12-2016, 06:07 PM
But I thought everyone is playing on Zek.

Maybe wait until Zek dies out first.

Swish
05-12-2016, 06:08 PM

There's people using SEQ and other fun programs, can't really call it a legit server but fun is the aim so worth a look.

coki
05-12-2016, 07:31 PM
Vallon Zek !!!

Doctor Jeff
05-12-2016, 08:18 PM
faction based teams (as in your have to work on your faction if you want to change it and you can OVB another player so they can't attack you), with FULL item loot (thats everything you can possibly carry from their inventory) would be cool.

Efwan
05-12-2016, 08:52 PM

Definitely not the same, and it has already died out. It was a hack-enabled custom pvp server just with some classic zones. There are reasons as to why the pop is in the 30s with people 2 boxing and 20 of them sitting afk in nexus (lol) as buffbots or just asleep/working

Doctor Jeff
05-12-2016, 08:55 PM

That new Zek server is not even similar to Everquest.

JurisDictum
05-13-2016, 01:49 AM
A new Two-team server might work. Any more teams than that is a bad idea IMO (Based on experience from SZ).

Ziggy
05-13-2016, 02:09 AM
race teams and item loot

Ziggy
05-13-2016, 02:12 AM
there were a lot of people who were supportive of race teams when red launched, from what i understand ffa was chosen because it is the easiest to implement

Izmael
05-13-2016, 04:57 AM
IMO just allow Red/Blue pp and item trades again and see if it brings life back to Red.

It was a great way for bluebies to try out red without the traumatizing experience of starting up naked on a PvP server for the first time in their life. Also a nice way for red vets to make some plat on Blue for shits and giggles.

I dunno why it had to be disabled, I suppose to remove the "it was a cross server trade" alibi from the RMT'ers, but then again, it shouldn't be too hard to just cross check both servers' logs and see if there was indeed a cross server trade. But what do I know.

One Tin Soldier
05-13-2016, 02:30 PM

The current red server is the rallos rule set isn't it? The only difference being that rallos allowed one item to be looted if I remember correctly.

I would be willing to try a team server. I really think it should have item loot. Also, in my opinion, no items should be exempted or protected from item loot. If you use it you risk losing it. Yes, even epics should be lootable. The loot received upon killing another player could be randomly selected by the game but nothing should be safe from being selected.

Tewaz
05-13-2016, 02:48 PM
This is a dumb idea. I can understand random droppable loot, or choosing droppable loot, but having someone lose weapons is just dumb.

Trungep99
05-13-2016, 03:00 PM
raiding on a pvp team server does have a problem; certain classes cannot be on each team.

good side will have:

paladin
druid
ranger
and possibly bard

evil will have
necro,
SK

the rest are more so neutral. I suppose a bard can be neutral too; but they are mostly good . also pre kunark has no evil monks.

how would neutral races determine what team to be on? and will options for ralloz zek following wood elves still be considered evil just like on live.

Bazia
05-13-2016, 03:11 PM
non race or faction teams, auto assigned at character creation

Nihilist_santa
05-13-2016, 03:35 PM
Teams, 1 account per IP, and item loot. That should be the goal. IMO red is a cesspool because of all of the history and the fact rep doesn't mean shit when people have 20 accounts.

Also Sektorz is like player repellent. Anyone who comes to these forums and can see this dudes post glorifying his RMT past and disregard for the rules while being allowed to play here still will cringe. Unless the goal is to attract like minded scum?

Doctor Jeff
05-13-2016, 03:57 PM
People keep saying item loot. I hope were on the same page of FULL item loot here. The only reason to run back to your corpse after dying should be to check if maybe the person who killed you did not have enough bag space/did not delete all your items.

Nihilist_santa
05-13-2016, 04:00 PM
Full item loot creates a negative scenario as far as risk vs reward. 1 item loot is sufficient. I personally think they should remove the no drop flag as well (only in instances of a player kill)since you will just have people in no-drop gear ganking anyone with anything of value. I remember people deleveled in planar back in the day for that.

One Tin Soldier
05-13-2016, 05:35 PM
raiding on a pvp team server does have a problem; certain classes cannot be on each team.

good side will have:

paladin
druid
ranger
and possibly bard

evil will have
necro,
SK

the rest are more so neutral. I suppose a bard can be neutral too; but they are mostly good . also pre kunark has no evil monks.

how would neutral races determine what team to be on? and will options for ralloz zek following wood elves still be considered evil just like on live.

Here's a radical idea. Given the less than ideal nature of raiding on this emulator how about simply not having raids on a PvP server. Lock certain zones like the planes. Don't spawn raid targets in other zones. Just don't even make that part of the game. Instead let people earn something from PvP kills; points, currency, or just generate a item like --One Tin Soldiers head-- which could be exchanged for loot at some special vendor.

Ya ya, not classic...but why not experiment. Let a pvp server actually be about pvp.

Happy
05-13-2016, 11:53 PM
I love this idea and would definitely play on it. But, realistically - we didn't even get the Discord server when we were promised it. The notion of a teams PVP server is more like a pipe dream at this point : \

Turp
05-14-2016, 12:24 AM
I believe Daybreak put a stop to anything p99 that could threaten the servers they are banking off of.
Daybreak have not did a PvP version of their "classic" servers yet right?
So AFTER they do, i'd say p99 will then get one.
They are probably waiting for Phinny to die down then they will release the PvP version of it because , its evercrack. People are gonna at least try it (buy it) and they probably told (or paid) to delay us here.
Think about it.

wwoneo
05-14-2016, 01:54 AM
This isn't going to happen. The staff did mention this approximately 2-3 years ago, stating they were going to make this happen. However, I recently asked Rogean about it and he basically laughed in my face with a Gary Busy jif!

Ziggy
06-06-2016, 06:35 PM

good side will have:

paladin
druid
ranger
and possibly bard

evil will have
necro,
SK

its not a problem its a feature

Tune
06-06-2016, 06:45 PM
i do not count 1 person on this thread that actually plays

silo32
06-06-2016, 07:29 PM
i do not count 1 person on this thread that actually plays

just us tbh

if these nerds are not playing red99 now they wont last on the "new pvp" server

burnouts all of you

Trungep99
06-07-2016, 08:15 AM
just us tbh

if these nerds are not playing red99 now they wont last on the "new pvp" server

burnouts all of you

red 99 sucks; a new teams pvp server would create more excitement to play pvp than a non teams version.