PDA

View Full Version : Case for a green server

Izmael
05-12-2016, 08:42 AM
Blue is full of platinum, everyone has 10 epic level 60s.

Red is basically empty because, well, it's red. Also everyone has 10 epic level 60s (and a few lower level rogues and wizards to PK that odd noob that manages to find the way to the server somehow, but anyway).

A new, additional, empty PvE server locked in pre-Kunark (with expansions unrolling like they did on Blue) would be awesome. I'd come out of my retirement to play on it like there's no tomorrow, and something tells me there would be hundreds or thousands of people who would do the same.

Now, just a thought about when to merge to Blue. I have that idea - let the players decide. As soon as the Sleeper is awoken - merge to blue, and wipe the green server clean and reset to pre-Kunark, period.

Also make sure you can't create users on Green with a name already existing on Blue.

I wanna play classic so bad! Would love to hear something about this from the top management.

Whirled
05-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Awesome idea on paper & in thought but, I think the main problem is that same crowd that craps in both sandboxes will just expand over to crap in another. The phrase: THIS is why we cant have nice things, comes to mind.

jolanar
05-12-2016, 09:08 AM
New servers really only benefit hardcores only. Casual players are way way better off on the existing server. Splitting the player base also hurts casual players a ton.

kgallowaypa
05-12-2016, 09:14 AM
I will say that leveling my enchanter as my main from 1-57 has been the most exciting part. As end-game for me is coming up, all I am looking for is my epic. I read a post the other day that made a lot of sense; "Whats the point of getting geared out to the teeth if there no further content past velious?" Of course there's the pixel addiction but that one quote makes me say, ok Im at 255 CHA, 210 INT, competent chanter, I don't need the full dazzling armor set but there's still a TON of zones I have never grouped in or ever explored even on classic. For blue, the fun is going to be leveling 1-54 and meeting new people and making friends. depending on your class, most chanters stop once they get C2 unless your raiding and want to buff bot or be the shining star on a break in at hate/fear. The rest is up to you.

Izmael
05-12-2016, 09:16 AM
New servers really only benefit hardcores only. Casual players are way way better off on the existing server. Splitting the player base also hurts casual players a ton.

Why do new servers benefit hardcores only?

also

Why splitting the player base hurts casual players a ton? Blue is overcamped as it is, in case you argue that it would be harder to find a group.

Also don't forget that a TON of people (me included) discovered P99 years after it launched, and didn't get the chance to experience the classic only era. Lots of people didn't even experience pre-Velious era.

Green server would allow everyone to experience all eras, hardcore and casual players alike.

Axlrose
05-12-2016, 10:22 AM
If you want to keep a new server relatively fresh without worrying about it getting tainted too quickly, then two simple rules:

- First, one account per permanent household.
- Second, that account can be played, say a total of four hours a day.

lowner411
05-12-2016, 10:42 AM

I agree that new servers attract hardcore players, because they want to be the "first" of something again (or for the first time, because they got beat the last time). However, some want to play the original game, run around in banded mail and wielding combine weapons in their 20s, because it's the best they can find so far, and have others around them in the same place.

It's that community of people struggling to level together that attracts others--the community minded people, who can do the above with twinked characters taking their spots more effectively or not wanting them in their group being so lame pixels.

There is another option--join Red, level slow (or as slowly as the advanced xp gains give you), gather friends to play together for fun, ignore the PKers, and put /ooc in it's own window and minimize it.

That said, Green might be easier to implement and more popular than Discord.

Izmael
05-12-2016, 10:46 AM
The only problem with the Red server is that very few people like EQ PvP (I'm actually one of them). And you can't force people to like it.

Spit
05-12-2016, 11:51 AM
The only problem with the Red server is that very few people like EQ PvP (I'm actually one of them). And you can't force people to like it.

You have an epic Mage on red you should know there power at 50 and what they can farm hehe

Izmael
05-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Not really to be honest, I got to 60 ASAP grouping, and barely soloed at 50ish.

Tewaz
05-12-2016, 12:59 PM
If you do a new server that is blue, all the camps people want to get because classic like Guise and Manastone will be perma camped with a line of neckbeards until the items are removed.

Everyone imagines a fresh new server where they hit 40 on their first char in a few months and head to lguk to solo the EE for a manastone, but the reality is sad individuals will hit 40 in the first 5 days and they will have a line at that camp that you can reserve the 13th spot in and you will lose if you ever log off or go afk for things like food, sleep, relationships, work, education, etc.

New server is a great idea, but it needs some sort of PVP rules or instancing to prevent the current raid neck beard lawyerquest limp wrists from monopolizing the true classic content that people want to access.

Maker_Mayhem
05-12-2016, 01:55 PM
Ah I think the cry for a new server is getting louder and louder. Personally, i've been replaying lvl 1-30 on select races/classes soloing and acquiring gear on my own etc. and studying out leveling paths and comparing leveling speeds etc. all in preparation for a new server. Have been doing so off and on for nearly 2 years and tried a few other projects to occupy my time with as well. All the while forming a solid guild core for the new unofficial server launch.

I believe its coming soon though.

Ella`Ella
05-12-2016, 02:02 PM
Shut down the whole project and set us free.

tankh
05-12-2016, 04:23 PM
How about capping how long account could play for on green ? say 30 - 40 hours a week ? or just instance green :)

NovaSeven
05-12-2016, 04:57 PM
Your name is Penfold?? Woa thats a great gnome name, holy cr*p

Izmael
05-12-2016, 06:06 PM
How about capping how long account could play for on green ? say 30 - 40 hours a week ? or just instance green :)

NAY to the instances

YEA to the per account time limit.

I vote 15 hours per week.

Swish
05-12-2016, 06:10 PM

Taking bets on how many people "Robin Williams" in the months after :p

Gumbo
05-12-2016, 06:20 PM
If you do a new server that is blue, all the camps people want to get because classic like Guise and Manastone will be perma camped with a line of neckbeards until the items are removed.

Everyone imagines a fresh new server where they hit 40 on their first char in a few months and head to lguk to solo the EE for a manastone, but the reality is sad individuals will hit 40 in the first 5 days and they will have a line at that camp that you can reserve the 13th spot in and you will lose if you ever log off or go afk for things like food, sleep, relationships, work, education, etc.

New server is a great idea, but it needs some sort of PVP rules or instancing to prevent the current raid neck beard lawyerquest limp wrists from monopolizing the true classic content that people want to access.

This... ^

Folly
05-12-2016, 09:52 PM
"New server is a great idea, but it needs some sort of PVP rules or instancing to prevent the current raid neck beard lawyerquest limp wrists from monopolizing the true classic content that people want to access."
oh and i dont hate your thought, its how i feel.

well why arent more people on red? it has pvp. groups can wage war for raid control.
if you make another server with some type of pvp why would it attract more people then red? im just getting more and more pissed at the community for all mobbing on blue.
what the hell is wrong with red!!!! your items arent lootable. its not hell.
pve gets repetitive and boring especially with the waiting and we take turns raiding or camping or whatver it is you do on blue. on red, there is the added layer of player dynamics to keep things interesting.

so really how we gonna get a pvp server and lots of people play on it. buncha pve carebears who just wanna grind and horde their treasures wudnt dare set foot in such a server.

Tankdan
05-12-2016, 10:02 PM
Green server isn't even their next Project, some PvP crap is or you die and characters gets deleted.... just what we've all been asking for /s

Doctor Jeff
05-12-2016, 10:05 PM
NAY to the instances

YEA to the per account time limit.

I vote 15 hours per week.

Lets prevent people from playing the game, that will encourage more people to play the game!

Clockw0rk
05-12-2016, 10:20 PM
Green server is by far better than a discord server or instead of a green server even a splinter blue server already with velious etc. to split up the player base in a "class system" being able to freely exercise their playstyles would be much better as well.

Red is essentially dead and minuscule in comparison while discord will attract far less numbers than a green or splinter blue, so taking into account ROI it would be smarter to do the more populated desired server if you are going to be spending the same resources.

Izmael
05-13-2016, 05:28 AM
Lets prevent people from playing the game, that will encourage more people to play the game!

Look at how Candy Crush limits the time you can play the game for and it's probably the most popular game in the world.

Whirled
05-13-2016, 09:27 AM

Taking bets on how many people "Robin Williams" in the months after :p

If one cannot freely walk away for days, weeks, or even months from this game, they have much bigger problems to deal with than their 9th alts BiS.

Spyder73
05-13-2016, 09:44 AM
If one cannot freely walk away for days, weeks, or even months from this game, they have much bigger problems to deal with than their 9th alts BiS.

I don't think anyone would disagree, but you are also pretending that these individuals do not exist - and they most certainly do.

Whirled
05-13-2016, 09:59 AM
I don't think anyone would disagree, but you are also pretending that these individuals do not exist - and they most certainly do.

If only there was a way to kindly tap them on the shoulder and let them know...:confused:

drktmplr12
05-13-2016, 02:36 PM
green = worthwhile camps look like scout and holgresh beads.

i would be more interested in seeing people group up in blackburrow with crafted leather and tarnished weapons. lol