PDA

View Full Version : Marfen Binkdirple (Bag of the Tinkers) Vendor

chealin
05-05-2016, 02:20 AM
Every single time I have hit "Buy" with more than enough plat, and have deleted some plat to see if its the amount thats causing it to happen, but EVERY time i hit buy i disconnect. And its happened multiple times, nto sure what is going on here but he seems bugged.

chealin
05-05-2016, 02:21 AM
I have even changed my UIs to the OLD ui, to see if it was an issue with my UI or something. Please help! I need my tinker bag, its hard enough to run around on red with 5300 plat on you, but to keep going LD with that much plat sucks!

Jimjam
05-05-2016, 07:12 AM
Do you have an inventory slot open for the bag to go into, and an empty cursor?

Are you using anything to change the merchant's faction (sneak), and do you have enough plat to make the purchase with your unmodified faction?

Rather than running around with that much plat it might be easier to carry gems to reduce your weight and vendor them when you need to use them. Some consider doing so worth it despite the loss from buying/selling the gems.

jolanar
05-05-2016, 09:34 AM
This is a bug that's been around for a very long time from what I have seen.

Pretty sure it's related to sneak somehow. When I was buying Tink bags on my monk, I always DCed when buying from him, but for whatever reason, when I FD after opening the merchant window it allowed me to purchase without disconnecting.

Also, gems have a 10% loss when you buy and resell them. Good for when you don't have a bank nearby, but pretty bad for buying tink bags because it raises the price by over 500plat.

woad
05-16-2016, 11:21 PM
just need to make sure you resneak after opening the trader window and make sure you are behind him again . you can also use the consider or con him to make sure hes indiff before . this will cure this issue for certain as I have lost thousands to that vendor and other vendors over my brief time on p99 using my iksar monk or rogues on vendors who normally would not sell to me .