PDA

View Full Version : Bard base stats

Auchae
12-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Seems that I'm going to need some of everything. However, I want to know if Dex is something worth sinking points into. The descriptions states that it helps with missing notes, but I thought Cha did that?

Otherwise I'm just going to do Sta/Cha. Maybe 5 into Str depending on race. Any feedback?

Dr4z3r
12-22-2010, 10:44 PM
Dex does reduce fizzles.

Charisma affects resist rates of lull/mez/charm.

Strength makes all that AC easier to wear.

5str/10dex/10cha is pretty safe.

http://moestaverne.com/p1999wiki/index.php/Bard says:

Wood Elves: Add 10 Charisma, 10 Dexterity, 5 Strength.
Half Elves: Add 10 Charisma, 10 Strength, 5 Dexterity.
Humans: Add 10 Charisma, 10 Dexterity, 5 Strength.

Auchae
12-22-2010, 10:48 PM
Stamina is, for the most part, unneccesary then?

Dr4z3r
12-22-2010, 10:51 PM
Unless you're rolling with friends intending to bard-tank a lot, it's pretty unnecessary.

It won't help you while you swarm kite, at any rate. If you're swarm kiting right, you get 2 hits AT MOST and you're gone.

nalkin
12-22-2010, 11:01 PM
For any class that gets reasonable return on stamina, always go full into stamina.

baub
12-22-2010, 11:21 PM
every bard i know kicks themselves for putting points into charisma

dex/sta is the way to go

evangelist
12-23-2010, 08:32 AM
a lot of people say stamina due to its return on hp and the fact that it is harder to raise via gear than some of the other stats.

i personally have always felt like as a bard you shouldnt be getting hit anyway... so i go cha/dex

is there any other benefit to sta that im missing?

guineapig
12-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Any gear worth mentioning for bards will have dexterity and charisma through Velious.

Go stamina. Bards get hit a lot, hitpoints keep them alive. No other stat can do that.

Sephrana
12-23-2010, 01:15 PM
When I made Sephrana V 1.0 (The Half Elf Version!) I put points into DEX/STA/CHA/AGI because i knew nothing about the game!!!!

This time around I knew better. So when I made Seph V 2.0 (Wood Elf this time - just to be different !!) I changed things!!!

Because I tend to draw a lot of agro (That's how I roll yo!) I put points into Stamina and Charisma ONLY. I very seldom fizzle and most of my points went into stamina.

Charisma gear is easy to get...and i'm still able to even stand toe to toe with blue mobs and kill them at level 19....I couldn't do that last time.

I don't swarm kite because I group with a monk most of the time. But I guess I could get with the swarm kiting here soon if I can get used to playing in 3rd person again :P

And in choosing gear? I tend to always go Sta & +HPS. because....it's how i play...dunno what it is that i do - stand a little too close - dunno! but in live i died a lot :P
JM2C!

evangelist
12-23-2010, 02:13 PM
When I made Sephrana V 1.0 (The Half Elf Version!) I put points into DEX/STA/CHA/AGI because i knew nothing about the game!!!!

This time around I knew better. So when I made Seph V 2.0 (Wood Elf this time - just to be different !!) I changed things!!!

Because I tend to draw a lot of agro (That's how I roll yo!) I put points into Stamina and Charisma ONLY. I very seldom fizzle and most of my points went into stamina.

Charisma gear is easy to get...and i'm still able to even stand toe to toe with blue mobs and kill them at level 19....I couldn't do that last time.

I don't swarm kite because I group with a monk most of the time. But I guess I could get with the swarm kiting here soon if I can get used to playing in 3rd person again :P

And in choosing gear? I tend to always go Sta & +HPS. because....it's how i play...dunno what it is that i do - stand a little too close - dunno! but in live i died a lot :P
JM2C!

Sounds like you should have made a warrior :p

Sephrana
12-23-2010, 04:55 PM
Sounds like you should have made a warrior :p

iknowrite?
:p

Actually I am FARRR less lazy this time around. My goal this time is to survive. I was in a major raiding guild on my server with V 1.0 and I died on almost every raid due to a few reasons -Lag (I played predominately on dial-up back in the day) , -drawing agro etc.

Originally back in the day I had a level 35 twink warrior and a level 60 bard...but obv played the bard more.

So my theory behind whar i put my points is that this time if I stick around I will be able to play haste/resists/whatever I need to do longer and survive better. :P

Unless of course I get to raid and get to go to fear with Cazic Thule up - THEN I am merely comedic entertainment because I've never been in fear with Cazic up and been DT'd less than 10 times. SO. MUCH. FUN. :)

/derail !

Dr4z3r
12-23-2010, 11:12 PM
For reference: At level 45, a Bard gets 14hp/5stam.

Not a very attractive conversion rate.

Abysis
12-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Hit points imo are the most important stat for any class, but im a pvper.

Teeroyoyort
12-24-2010, 09:18 PM
As a 50 bard on this server, sta is very important. Our songs generate way more agro than their live server versions. At lvl 50 it's easier to maintain, however. I wouldn't bother putting any points into cha. I say that because your charm is only 3 tics. You're not a fucking enchanter who charms mobs for 5+ minutes at a time. You're a bard. That charm is going to break in 3 tics weather you have 150 cha or 250 cha. If you're lulling for a group, find a cha buff if you're gonna pull reds. Otherwise the resist check is pretty good for blues. Dex and Sta imho are the most important stats.